130 South Ridge St.
Breckenridge, CO 80424Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.hearthstonerestaurant.biz/
- Phone: 9704531148x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner from 5pm / seven nights a week
(if handicap access is needed, please request downstairs seating)
Daily Happy Hour 4pm to 6pm in the lounge
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Halpin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: For parties of 20 people or more dining at the Hearthstone Restaurant, we have created several unique menus. These menus accommodate a variety of different price ranges, and we are pleased to customize them to suit any occasion. To book a large party or special function, please contact Jen Cawley.
- Private Party Contact: Jen Cawley 9704531023x
- Special Events: For parties of 20 people or more, we have created several unique menus. These menus accommodate a variety of different price ranges and we are pleased to customize them to suit any occasion. To book your special event, call Jen @ 970.453.1023.
A word from Hearthstone Restaurant
Located in a historic, 120-year-old Victorian home in the heart of Breckenridge, the Hearthstone Restaurant, has been a locals' favorite since 1989 for wild game, fresh seafood, and hand-cut steaks all creatively prepared by our talented culinary team.Continued
Our extensive and reasonably priced wine list has received the Wine Spectator's "Award of Excellence" annually since 1997.
Our extensive and reasonably priced wine list has received the Wine Spectator's "Award of Excellence" annually since 1997.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Hearthstone Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Breckenridge ›
Hearthstone Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
99 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (68)romantic (62)fit for foodies (53)scenic view (40)neighborhood gem (40)notable wine list (33)great for outdoor dining (16)good for groups (13)hot spot (8)great for lunch (4)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Nice choice for fine diningZutalorVIPDined on 10/28/2014Service here was attentive and friendly. We loved our apps and entrees especially the elk and lamb. Definitely a fine choice in Breck. Would return in a heartbeat.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014We had a table with a great view of the mountains. I had muscles in a wonderful lobster sauce, a great start. My wife had the soup and enjoyed it. For entree I had the Buffalo short ribs, my first time with Buffalo. My wife had the salmon. Both dishes were wonderful. We enjoyed our evening and will be back soon.Special Features:
- Dinner at HearthstoneSamsterDined on 10/25/2014Perfect in every way!!! We loved Passport 3 course menu, an excellent value.Special Features:
- Romantic Dinner for TwocddinerDined on 10/25/2014We had a lovely dinner at Hearthstone this past weekend. The service was great, the dinner was fabulous, and the prices were affordable. This was our first time dining at Hearthstone and we have plans to go back soon!Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/24/2014We had a 7:45 reservation, arrived early but we're not seated until a past 8:00. I have two kids, and we were seated right next to the upstairs bar. This was not a suitable atmosphere for my family. my wife was bumped into twice.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/22/2014We had an outstanding experience at the Hearthstone celebrating our anniversary. Our waitress Sarah provided exceptional service. We can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- OutstandingjusteatDined on 10/14/2014Our meal was wonderful. They have a very exotic menu which entices you to try new things.Special Features:
- john cotterhearthstoneloverDined on 10/14/2014Hearthstone is a true gem in Breckenridge. My wife and I own a time share in Breck and have been coming consistently for the last five years every October. We always go to Hearthstone to celebrate our anniversary. This year, our anniversary fell during our stay, so once again we went to Hearthstone. I had the striped bass and my wife had scallops. Both dishes were visually beautiful and delicious. The wait staff, Nina and Cat, were very attentive and kind. They brought us two glasses of champagne and our desert, creme broulaise, complimentary in celebration of our anniversary. The other person who made our stay on October 14th special was the hostess. She was so friendly and even took our photo outside in front of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/11/2014The butternut squash ravioli was tough and thin and poorly sauced. Bacon topping was too chewy and Marconi almonds were an afterthought. Poorly executed entree.Special Features:
- our favoritenamelessVIPDined on 10/7/2014Still our favorite in Breckenridge. We especially love it in summer when we can eat on one of the many patios, but inside is great, too.Special Features:
- A wonderful evening...StanDined on 9/30/2014We spent a very relaxing evening with friends in this charming historic home, turned restaurant. The ambiance was just right and the noice level provided plenty of room for conversation. The lamb was excellent and cooked just as requested. Others around the table were equally impressed with the entres. We visisted various restaurants during our stay in Breckenridge and this one was certainly one of the more memorable evenings. Prices were about what you would expect from a restaurant of this caliber. The menu had several excellent options depending on your taste for the evening. A definate recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs updatingGood2meDined on 9/29/2014New paint color and wallpaper in the antique theme would really help the atmosphere . Kind of neuvea antique! It just feels dusty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So disappointedDisappointedDined on 9/27/2014After the amazing reviews this restaurant had, I was excited to take my friend so that she could experience Colorado lamb and elk that was on the menu. Unfortunately, it left a lot to be desired. The elk was ordered medium rare and was more rare with a cold center. My dish was the flank steak and the flavor was boring at best. The sides were cold and again, little to no flavor. On a positive note, our waitress was knowledgeable, friendly and offered an excellent wine to be paired with the elk. I was sorely disappointed in the food and won't be back.
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/26/2014We had a great evening at Hearthstone with delicious food and excellent service. The only issue was that we were in a rather cramped side room where it was hard to escape other table's conversations. Would definitely ask for a table in the main room when we returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice settingMAC6VIPDined on 9/24/2014when I order the special and discover I can make it better at home, I am disappointed at least we got in on the $30 special prix fixe menu...
- Grand EveningThe3JsDined on 9/19/2014There were many great options for food, most of which contained Colorado grown/raised produce, meat, and fish. The sauces were superb! We filled up on our delicious meal and sadly didn't get to try any of the yummy looking deserts that were taken to other tables. The wait staff was knowledgeable, attentive and shared lots of smiles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Devilpride88Dined on 9/16/2014Took my girlfriend here for our anniversary and we were spoiled with glasses of champagne. She started with the crispy lobster and I had the tips and chips, both were incredible. She had the lamb special which was amazing and I had the elk which was superb. Our server was friendly and full of great recommendations for food and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Restaurant!JammerDined on 9/13/2014We had an incredible experience at the Hearthstone to celebrate our 25th Anniversary! The entire staff, including our waitress Sarah was outstanding. The food was amazing and the atmosphere was fun and romantic - an old Victorian home built in the 1880's.Special Features:
- NUMBER ONE !!HosaDined on 9/9/2014Our all time favorite ! The very Best in Breck. food, atmosphere, mountains at sunset, best of the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuereviewVIPDined on 9/6/2014We were a group of 12 visiting Breck and the Hearthstone was delicious and had a great atmosphere - our server, Nina, was great!Special Features:
- A good restaurant.Mybig2Dined on 9/5/2014Quaint, cozy. Friendly servers. Good cocktails. Long wait for main course with no updates from server. Great steak. Very bland whole wheat pasta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary DinnerZogladDined on 9/3/2014Celebrated our 22nd Anniversary here and it could not have been nicer. We let them know ahead of the special occasion and they saw to it to bring us two complimentary glasses of good champagne. The meal was delicious and served at a nice pace so that we were able to enjoy all courses. Would not hesitate to recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a casual yet romantic place to celebrate any special occasion, or just for a wonderful dinner out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Linz1006Dined on 9/3/2014As always this restaurant lived up to our expectattions. The 3 course for $30 is a bargain. The wagyu beef delicious. The wait staff exceptional. Our favorite restaurant in Breckenridge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mountain TreatbaggageguyDined on 9/2/2014We have been walking past the Hearthstone for over two years while in Breckenridge. Always busy, we decided we would make reservations and find out why. Now we know, this is a gem for dining. We will return. Food was excellent, properly prepared and the service was excellent as well.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014dinner super as always, service a bit lacking this time ? Our server was very nice just not as timely as in the past. Received lots of help from server that was serving surrounding table to ours. Such as water refill, bread service and the like. Still however a great night!!Special Features:
- CindyDined on 8/25/2014If you're going to Breckenridge- Hearthstone must be at top of your list, for a fine dining experience. Surely one of the highlights of our trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and servicePandJKansasDined on 8/25/2014Our dinners were over the top excellent. We had salmon and sea scallops. Our waiter was attentive and informative. The ambiance is so quant and nice and the view adds to it as well. The music doesn't seem quite right but maybe it's for the bar upstairs. All in all, a great experience.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/22/2014We have eaten at Hearthstone at least 10 times in the past 15 years. This is the first time we left feeling disappointed with our meal. My husband sent back his fish and my elk was overdone. Server was very nice about getting my husband a different entree, we are just used to going here and having everything taste wonderful.
- special nightejjeDined on 8/21/2014Enjoying Breck we wanted atmosphere, great wine and excellent food. Hearthstone provided all to our satisfaction. Service was exemplary allowing time to enjoy cocktails and leisurely meal.Special Features:
- Just blah...ColoradoGirlVIPDined on 8/19/2014We go to Breckenridge quite a bit, first time at Hearthstone and we were excited to try it based on great reviews/ratings in OpenTable and Yelp. The service was very good, the decor (fussy Victorian) lacks sophistication but is fine. The dining room was VERY noisy. It was difficult to have a conversation. I could have gotten over the noise and lame interior design, but the food was a total disappointment. Everything we had was under seasoned; the flatbread crust was especially tough, dry, and bland.
- Excellent Meal & ServicehappyaokDined on 8/17/2014Food was delicious. All four of us ordered different items and all very pleased! Our waiter Frank was very nice and attentive without being intrusive. (Sally the bartender made a delicious drink and was very pleasant.) We would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in Breckfoodluver51Dined on 8/15/2014We dined at several restaurants in Breckenridge and Hearthstone was our clear favorite. We shared succulent lamb and one of my favorites of all time, the Blackberry Elk. Amazing! It is located in a charming old Victorian house. Sarah provided superb service. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food!MidwestMountainLoversDined on 8/14/2014Probably the best rack of lamb we have ever had! Elk was great too and highly recommend the lemon poppyseed cheesecake. Arrived early for reservation and sat at the bar for drinks. Bartender was very helpful on wine selection and funny to watch as the bar was very busy. Will definitely be back this winter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, wine, ambienceTeamBDined on 8/14/2014We decided to break away from our family vacation and have an adult night at this lovely restaurant. It was in a beautiful victorian style house, but the tables were spaced well so that it was not too noisy. The service was excellent, especially because we had friends that had a nut allergy at the table and she was good about pointing out what to avoid. They had a great wine list and menu. I ordered a crispy lobster appetizer (amazing) and the colorado striped bass (mmm). My husband loved the Harris filet. The food was excellent and nobody wanted to share but everyone was raving. We even got to try dessert (meyer lemon cheesecake - in a martini glass) - which was small but scrumptious. Will definitely visit again on future vacations.Special Features:
- A FavoriteWeluvBreckDined on 8/14/2014We visit Breckenridge every summer and the Hearthstone is a favorite of ours. We love the atmosphere and the food is always excellent. I had a delicious soup made from our own Colorado Olathe corn and it was fabulous. There is some construction going on right across the street right now which takes away from the beauty of the neighborhood but that is to be expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best VacationRockiesDined on 8/13/2014I had my best vacations of my life in Breckenridge, Co, but eating at this place certainly was not part of it. I expected better. The food was ok, the place needs some serious upgrade and the waitresses need more training.Special Features:
- Favorite spotegg3VIPDined on 8/13/2014I have now been to this restaurant 3 times and make it a point to eat here when I vacation in Breckenridge. I have never been disappointed - the food is always wonderful, staff are very nice, and the atmosphere is so charming. I would highly recommend eating here!!!Special Features:
- Dinner at the HearthstonebreckescapeDined on 8/10/2014great choice of drinks and small plates for appetizers for happy hour outside or upstairs. Had the lamb shank for dinner and it was wonderful. Great views of the mountain and sunset. Interesting choices on menu-Elk/Lamb They were running the $30 special for dinner. Large portions, could barely finish the crème brulle.Special Features:
- JosephDined on 8/6/2014Outstanding excellence, fabulously trained wait staff, and a very creative chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local restaurantOkieFoodiesDined on 8/4/2014We went here while on a romantic weekend and celebrating my wife's birthday. The service was excellent and the food was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.