Hearthside Dining - Elmhirst's Resort
1045 Settlers Line
Keene, ON K0L 2G0Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: CAN$30 and under
Hearthside Dining - Elmhirst's Resort
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.elmhirst.ca/
- Phone: (705) 295-4591
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Saturday: 8:00 am - 10:00 am
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Jeremy Pammett
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering Available
- Private Party Facilities: Garden or Lakeview Rooms
- Private Party Contact: Pamela Henderson 7052952144x
- Entertainment: Pianist Ron Goodacre plays a wide assortment of favourites at Sunday Brunch....a local dining institution.
- Special Events: Available
A word from Hearthside Dining - Elmhirst's Resort
The Hearthside Dining Room at Elmhirst's Resort offers a unique farm to table dining experience. Guests are treated to a panoramic view of Rice Lake on arrival. The menu features Black Angus beef, raised on-site and processed to the Chef's specifications. Ducks, turkeys and vegetables are also raised on property. An All-Canadian wine list with 100+ labels complements the local food. Other venues include the Wild Blue Yonder Pub, a casual restaurant with a flying theme. Conference and banquet facilities for groups of up to 200 are available as well.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Hearthside Dining - Elmhirst's Resort reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (7)scenic view (6)fit for foodies (4)good for groups (4)special occasion (2)great for lunch (2)notable wine list (2)kid-friendly (1)romantic (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Gone down hillOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014We have been going to the brunch for a few years, every time we going it keeps getting worse, not enough people to work the station , no one filled empty food trays. For the cost of the brunch and the value you get now it is not worth it. We won't be back.Special Features:
- MediocreitsmereenzVIPDined on 9/21/2014Not a very good brunch for the price. At $25pp for a brunch buffet, it was mediocre at best. A mishmash of items, the waffle iron wasn't working, extremely slow service, I could go on. It was just OK. Was not worth the price.Special Features:
- Perfect dining experiencelovebughoneymoonDined on 9/14/2014We were at the Elmhirst Resort for our honeymoon. Brunch was a special treat we added on for things to do during our stay. Excellent food (so much food!!!), great service, wonderful ambiance! We'd eat (and stay) again, and again! Gentleman making crepes was new, so it took a little longer, but you got to start somewhere... Would definitely eat at the Hearthside dining again! Great for supper too!!! Perfect portion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the amianceSammaDined on 8/31/2014Loved the piano music , the view looking out over the lake and the overall setting in the dining room. It all made for a special day.Special Features:
- More variety would make it perfectShy2014VIPDined on 8/4/2014We went on our cottage trip, both my parents loved it. Food was great, expect we would like to see more variety. ie: have some fruits available for our buffet lunch would make it better =)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner experienceJessiegramDined on 7/26/2014We had a very nice dinner experience. All three couples enjoyed their meals. We had hoped to be able to arrive by boat, but the weather didn't cooperate. It is so nice, to be able to take company for a boat ride and then stop for dinner. Next time!Special Features:
- The following 16 reviews are from the Hearthside Dining - Elmhirst's Resort reviews archive.
- Sunday BrunchLillsieDined on 7/6/2014Great brunch - lots of variety. Beautiful scenic views. Definitely will return. Next time we will dine at Hearthside Dining for Saturday dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Brunch flyoutAngelVBrDined on 7/6/2014Flew in from Hamilton landing on a well maintained grass runway. Lovely view overlooking Rice Lake in a comfortable upgraded dining room with comfy seats. Pianist quietly playing in the background. Service attentive. Two complaints though. Buffet only just ok. Desserts were awesome but much of the pre-made goods were dry, especially anything on bread and too long a line for omelettes and crepes. Also, our Open table reservation was lost even after calling to confirm the day before. Still would recommend for a nice Sunday brunch though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SilverliningsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014Excellent brunch. The food was fantastic and the scenic views of Rice Lake a wonderful back drop to our family celebration on. The live music was a very nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceRoxyDined on 5/23/2014Beautiful view, friendly staff and great food. What more can you ask forSpecial Features:
- BeautifulYummyDined on 5/18/2014We celebrated our one year wedding anniversary here and enjoyed Sunday brunch. It was so beautiful, so much food to choose from, plenty of options! We will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousEater1234Dined on 4/6/2014Our Sunday brunch at Elmhirst was wonderful. The atmosphere was very relaxing especially with the gorgeous view of the lake. Food selection was exceptional, both hot and cold, sweet and savoury. We will definitely be back again and would love to try dinner as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasion or notLoriDined on 2/23/2014We have had various events at Hearthside dining over the past few years, both large scale(65 people) and smaller (8), and always for brunch. Working with the Elmhirst family is a joy! They are very accommodating and pleasant to deal with. The food is always fresh, savoury, and nicely presented. It's a bonus that they choose locally for their ingredients ( and they have their own garden I think!), and their wines are Ontario's best. Serving staff and kind and professional. This is a great place to have events and the food, wine and view are top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A LITTLE DISAPPOINTED!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014The service was good, but instead of leisurely, it was extremely slow! Apologies from wait staff, no offers of supplemental food or drink during the wait.. The dessert was eye catching, but difficult to eat, very sticky and uncomfortable from a dental point of view for those over 50! Valentines Day should equal chocolate! We live nearby and would return at some point, our guests would not return.Special Features:
- Amazing again. Will be lookingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/25/2013Amazing again. Will be looking forward to 2014 and another fine dining experience. Jane & Jim wilsonSpecial Features:
- Great Choicemurphy1Dined on 12/15/2013This was our first time at Hearthside Dining, Elmhirst's Resort. I can't say enough about the food, it was exceptional. Two of our party ordered the Duck and one the steak and each of them said their meal was absolutely delicious. I ordered the Capon and it was wonderful! The service was impeccable. Would certainly recommend the restaurant to friends if they are looking for good fine dining in comfortable surroundings. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely horrible wine list.LucyDined on 11/16/2013Absolutely horrible wine list. We purchased a bottle of red recommended by the server and left it on the table.
- Great brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/3/2013WOnderful brunch - laid back and easy to chat and visit with long time friends. Vista across lake was magnificant - dress in layers so if the sun pours in you can adjust. Make sure to try the omlette barSpecial Features:
- Rice Lake gem8itupDined on 9/4/2013Gourmet dinner at a reasonable price with a picture window view of the lake. Extensive Ontario wine list at a reasonable price. Wait staff very attentive and friendly. Have heard that the Sunday brunch is worth the drive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining on a Sunday!jojoDined on 8/11/2013This is a welcoming place to dine. The grounds are beautiful as is the view.Special Features:
- Sunday Brunch a Big Hit!!bahamamamaDined on 6/30/2013Our family meets yearly at Elmhirst and we always look forward to the fabulous Sunday Brunch. Be sure to come hungry!! Also the pontoon boat cruise that is included in the luncheon is a nice touch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's worth the drive!!AnneDined on 6/27/2013We've been going to the Elmhirst for lunch or dinner for years. It's a beautiful spot. You walk through lovely gardens between the parking lot and the restaurant building. The Hearthside Dining Room looks out onto serene Rice Lake, so it's always best to go during daylight hours so you can see the view. And the food! Always good! The beef - from Elmhirst farm - is wonderful! They also have a small vegetable garden that provides produce for the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.