Heart of Portugal
241 Mineola Blvd.
Mineola, NY 11501Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Heart of Portugal
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.heartofportugalrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 5167429797
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Continental, Portuguese
- Executive Chef: Manuel Ferreira
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Victor Murca 5167429797
- Entertainment: Live music on weekends.
A word from Heart of Portugal
Heart of Portugal restaurant is located in the heart of Mineola. We have been a part of this town for many years! Our rustic facades and interior, outdoor patio, beautiful garden and cafe area resembles that mystic and comforting European atmosphere. Our traditional Portuguese food served by Mineola's knowledgeable Portuguese locals make this an authentic experience that only gets better with each pitcher of our homemade Sangria. Heart of Portugal has the type of traditional Portuguese food that takes you back to Portugal with the feel of home cooking. Our lengthy menu consists of a Portuguese continental cuisine with delicious seafood dishes and a variety of meat dishes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Heart of Portugal reviews from OpenTable diners
- Service IssuesRigbVIPDined on 6/16/2013We were seated and not given menus for at least 10 minutes (menus should always be handed out upon being seated). The consistent response to any request was "in a few minutes". There was a delay getting ANY request handled (when you could find a member of the service staff). While the food was excellent and the prices reasonable, I would not return because of the poor service.Special Features:
- Mixed BagEdwinDined on 5/17/2013There is no drink menu. They serve bread and salad before you even order anything. Food was amazing with exception of the escargot which tasted smoked or microwaved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LATE!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/4/2013Arrived at 8:20 for 8:30 reservation. Seated at 8:50. Did not take our order until 9:10. There was a private, VERY LOUD, party on the front patio with thumping music that did not go with the piano bar music inside the restaurant. Our food was not on the table at 10pm, One bread roll each then no indication of how much longer the food would take, only that they were behind because of feeding the party outside. We stated that if food didn't come in 10 minutes we were leaving. At 10:10 one dish for our party of six came out. 5 minutes later another dish. One person at the table did not get food until 10:30. The shrimp I had were very good but not worth a 2 hour wait. children fell asleep and could not eat. 200$ bill.
- The food at Heart of PortugalOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/27/2013The food at Heart of Portugal is excellent and with generous portion sizes. Our group enjoyed smoked salmon appetizers as well as a Portuguese sausage. Both were delicious. The fresh fish dishes are outstanding. The service is friendly and not pushy. I am looking forward to going back again. It may be our new weekend go-to restaurant.Special Features:
- Great favorite!!! A littleOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2013Great favorite!!! A little too loud if you want to conversate, but still a wonderful, quaint restaurant with great service and delicious food!
- Service was pretty bad. WeniniDined on 3/9/2013Service was pretty bad. We didnt get serve until 2 hours later.Special Features:
- Always a good meal. ServiceHONESTOPINIONVIPDined on 2/22/2013Always a good meal. Service was a bit slow as in totally not rushed. Could have had the food come out a bit faster but still worth going back to.Special Features:
- Worth trying!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/16/2013Absolutely excellent food. Been there many times and is consistently excellent.Special Features:
- HorrinleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/16/2013This place was horrible... To star off the night we got a pitcher of horrible sangria. Didn't order any appetizers. Waited about 45 minutes to a hour for our food to come out. Seafood paella had to flavor and pork chop that I ordered which was a special was horrrible! Couldn't even cut it with a steak knife.
- Not what it used to beOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/16/2013We had been going to this restaurant for years and it had always been a favorite. Then about a year ago we had a bad experience; terrible service on a very busy night. Wanting to give it another chance, we returned recently. We found it better than our last visit, but not what it used to be. We were a party of three and we each ordered different entrees, two were specials, one -- a paella -- was not. Of the two specials, the chicken dish was quite good while the stuffed pork chop was dry and tough, as if it had been overcooked. The paella was also quite good with lots of lobster. The service was good. The menu is considerably smaller than in past years when, we are told, there was different ownership. Not sure we'll be back.
- its ok if you wan tto go toAsheeVIPDined on 2/14/2013its ok if you wan tto go to portugal with out flying....:)...good portugese spot
- celebrating the christmastonylindaDined on 12/27/2012celebrating the christmas holiday with family and decided to go here before our trip back to florida. My sister and bro in law have been there before. excellent food and great serviceSpecial Features:
- Great Christmas dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/25/2012After being ignored for 20 minutes at West East Bistro, we came here on Christmas and had an amazing experience. Great food. Amazing service. They comped our after dinner drinks and gave us two snifters of port for free as well. This is how to treat new customers and get repeat business. The waiters could not have been friendlier and we will definitely be back. Thanks, Heart of Portugal for a wonderful Christmas dinner, since it was almost ruined by West East Bistro.Special Features:
- This is a very pleasant ethnicprofjjwDined on 12/13/2012This is a very pleasant ethnic restaurant with good food and a friendly wait staff.Special Features:
- Noise challenged but good foodNYMosie25Dined on 10/20/2012I met friends at Heart of Portugal based on other online reviews. Upon walking in, they have a big outdoor seating area which was closed now due to time of year. We were seated right away and waiters came over for drink orders. We rec'd a bread basket,home made potato chips(yummy), and olives. This seems to be a place for groups. On either side of us there were big tables. It made it hard to talk and hear. The acoustics mixed with loud groups led to a somewhat unpleasant dinner. We didn't order appetizers but they brought a complimentary green salad which was very nice. The women got fish (whole branzino, and grouper with shellfish) and the men got sirloin and filet mignon steaks. All delicious. Good creme brulee and sangria too!Special Features:
- The fish was fresh and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/29/2012The fish was fresh and service good. We were not rushed. It is quite noisy, not fit for small children. Overall good experience.Special Features:
- Friendly warm service. NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2012Friendly warm service. Nice complimentary starters - olives, delicious bread and salad. Food very tasty.
- We hadn't been here in yearswhatagemVIPDined on 7/28/2012We hadn't been here in years and decided to see if it was still good....and it was. The restaurant has been kept in great shape after all these years in business and the food and service is still as tasty as ever, particularly if you are in the mood for authentic Portugese food..... we each had a different Paella....one was all seafood consisting of clams, mussels, shrimp, scallops and lobster in a wonerful broth over yellow rice and peas andthe other Paella had seafood plus chicken and sausage...both were very good....at the end of the meal the waiter brought us each a glass of port on the house as we sat and enjoyed the song stylings and piano playing of their resident entertainer.....this place is something different from the usual fareSpecial Features:
- Food and service were terrific.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/22/2012Food and service were terrific. We Will be back Soon!Special Features:
- As close to Portugal as it getsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/20/2012Me and my boyfriend went here for dinner and we got seated at a little table for two. The waiter brought us bread, salad, olives, and home made chips. It was all delicious we ordered food and drinks and both our dishes were AMAZING!!!!!!!!! The room is a little loud but not in a bad way, just a bunch of people having lots of fun!!! Will definitly be going back!!Special Features:
- Sad experienceHughDined on 7/20/2012After being seated we really were harrased to give the water our ordersWhen all we wanted to do is to enjoy our salads The dinner wear the handles of the forks knifes and spoons were greasyAnd stickyThe entrees did taste very good But the dining experience that I was hoping for was ruined by 2 pesky waitersI live near this resturant and several neighbors raved about it Not me
- Very good, had a wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/11/2012Very good, had a wonderful time with my family, the staff was very helpful and attentive. food was fantstic, very fresh seafood. we will be back!Special Features:
- Had a wonderful time. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/11/2012Had a wonderful time. The all seafood Paella is just amazing, great flavor, the service was excellent and the sangria was just one of the best I have had. The Outside Dining area is just adds to the whole ambiance.Special Features:
- Not as good as I thought...FongOpFavDined on 7/6/2012Food was so-so. The written hype didn't seem to match up with the experience, I'm afraid. The manager was young and seemed inexperienced. Rarely did he look over at the tables and I practically had to get up from my table, walk over to someone and ask for two menus. The staff was equally inattentive. I had the best of intentions of finding a local Portuguese restaurant as my wife raved about the Portuguese food after she returned from a Girls Trip over in Lisbon. I have to say that their Sangria was right on, though - delicious nad refreshing. I think I'll have to keep searching for that right Protuguese restaurant, though.Special Features:
- Food was fine, except thatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/26/2012Food was fine, except that the beef with peppercorns had way too many peppercorns. Their phone message talks of a 4 -6 early bird special menu and price. But until we asked for it, they did not give us the early bird menu, and seemed reluctant to do so.
- The food and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/23/2012The food and service were great. The out door area just added to the whole sinning experienceSpecial Features:
- The waiters were good butnicknameVIPDined on 6/17/2012The waiters were good but it took 45 minutes for our appetizers to come out of the kitchen. Had the paella and the rice was well seasoned and tasty but the seafood and chicken were overdone making them dry and tough.
- The seafood dishes were superb!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/7/2012The seafood dishes were superb! Worth a return visit. Service was helpful and friendly.Special Features:
- Outstanding! from the momentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/27/2012Outstanding! from the moment we sat down till the minute we left the service and food was great. the outdoor patio is beautifulSpecial Features:
- All though the food was terrific,123abcVIPDined on 5/19/2012All though the food was terrific, the service was as slow as a snail. The level of noice was so loud that you could not hear yourself think. It is for that reason that I would not recommend this restaurant . They really need to get it togetherSpecial Features:
- Enjoyable Experience!Brutus70VIPDined on 5/12/2012We enjoyed our dinner very much. Had not been there for many years but we were not disappointed. Very good neighborhood restaurant. We will definitely return!Special Features:
- The heart of portugal is justOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/9/2012The heart of portugal is just always so enjoyable.Special Features:
- The food was fabulous. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/4/2012The food was fabulous. The wine Selection supporb. We had a wonderful time. Thank you. We will be back.Special Features:
- Just fantastic. had a wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/27/2012Just fantastic. had a wonderful night great service and delicious food.Special Features:
- This was a great dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/27/2012This was a great dining experience. from the service to the great food it was wonderful. the Bronzino special is terrific and the waiter de-Bones it for you right at the table!!! we will defiantly be back!Special Features:
- A gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/27/2012Great ambiance--love the mural, and the cozy rustic decor. Food is absolutely amazing, service was exceptional, waiter was very kind. Had a great experience, will be back and recommend it to all my friendsSpecial Features:
- Horrible experience. RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/21/2012Horrible experience. Restaurant was unable to accomodate crowd the evening I went. People walked out unfed after waiting for many hours with no apologies from the staff or manager. Boycotting this place for good!!!
- we arrived at the restaurantrickyDined on 4/21/2012we arrived at the restaurant at 730PM and did not get menu's or drinks for 1/2 hr. We did get a salad, and 2 apps, and then by 10PM, we just left. Service was terrible, loud, and the staff was extremely overworked, with a kitchen that was not getting the food out./ We were a party of 6, and then a party of 8 followed us out the door, with another table of 6 thinking about it. Terrible
- It was just a little too loudhungryDined on 4/21/2012It was just a little too loud we had to scream to each other to talkSpecial Features:
- Birthday's DinnerCHINITADined on 4/14/2012I'm Happy that I chose the right place to have my fiancé Birthday dinner with his mother And his daughter, The food excellent!!! This is the first time for us to have dinner at Heart of Portugal, we will definitely suggest every one to come. Thank you very much for wonderful night we had.Special Features: