Hearsay Gastro Lounge
218 Travis Street
Houston, TX 77002Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Hearsay Gastro Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hearsayhouston.com/
- Phone: 7132258079x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - :00pm, Saturday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 2:00am, Sunday: 2:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Edwin Chanas
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Hearsay Gastro Lounge offers limited special catering services ranging from lunches to off-site dinner events. Our staff is eager to work with you to design and create the perfect experience. Please call us to place your catering order. Minimum order required. Delivery fees apply.
- Entertainment: The restaurant features live music every Wednesday for Ladies night and during Sunday Brunch.
- Special Events: On most holidays and celebratory days, we have lunch, dinner, cocktail, or beer specials or features. Please call us for more information or visit http://hearsayhouston.com.
- Cross Street: Congress
- Public Transit: METRO Rail Stops nearby: UH-Downtown, Preston, Main Street Square
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Parking options include front door valet service after 6pm, street parking and downtown parking lots. Please obey street signs and all local, state, and federal traffic laws. We are not responsible if you violate city parking rules. Valet is not associated with Hearsay Gastro Lounge and any disputes related to valet should be taken up with their company.
A word from Hearsay Gastro Lounge
Hearsay Gastro Lounge is conveniently located in Houston’s Historical Market Square on the corner of Travis and Congress. Housed in the 2nd oldest building in Houston, this Chic Antique venue is home to this one of a kind restaurant and lounge serving up delicious American inspired sandwiches, salads and entrees. We feature an extensive wine list, numerous beers on draft and premium liquors with a focus on Scotch Whiskey. Specializing in Handcrafted Specialty Cocktails, Hearsay Gastro Lounge is a destination for both food and cocktail enthusiasts'. Open late night and serving up small and large appetizers, Hearsay is a great place for a late night cocktail and bites.Continued
Come see if the rumors are true!
Sip, Savor + Shake.
Come see if the rumors are true!
Sip, Savor + Shake.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Hearsay Gastro Lounge - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Hearsay Gastro Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
231 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (105)vibrant bar scene (90)romantic (82)hot spot (77)special occasion (74)neighborhood gem (70)great for brunch (60)great for lunch (55)late-night find (49)good for groups (44)notable wine list (20)scenic view (11)great for outdoor dining (10)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- Hearsay = amazing dinner experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Any with my wife for our one year anniversary and I couldn't have been happier. I the food was amazing and I loved the atmosphere of Hearsay the brick walls and low lights really made it romantic. And again the food... Just wow, we had the Tuscan pasta and Lamb Chops and even with with bread pudding for dessert (my first) and I would go back just for the bread pudding again,. And the drinks were great. We sat upstairs by the bar and the bartender was great loved watching her mix drinks very professional. Overall wonderful experience and can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- looking for something differentnottonightDined on 10/12/2014The restaurant is beautiful on the inside, terrible parking options, wait staff mediocre , and I had the stuff chicken which was very dry and no good at all...need some work on this dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Unique experienceWissamDined on 10/12/2014Dim lights and bar-style waiters... Food is good here, but the item not to miss is their very creative cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of town er liked it!BWilsonDined on 10/12/2014Pretty cool We'll run Good food Nice menu place Would go there again next time visiting HoustonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, cool locationDatenightDined on 10/11/2014We finally had a babysitter and some extra money so we went to Hearsay. We asked for a great table since it was our anniversary and they gave a perfect spot. The food was excellent and the service was even better. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New favorite restaurant in HoustonOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/8/2014We sat upstairs, had great service, drinks and a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good, service was spottyOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/5/2014We go to Hearsay often, I like the food and the atmosphere and the location. Usually the service is outstanding, but tonight it was a little spotty. slow with getting drinks, entrées served while the salads were still being consumed and when we ordered wine, there was no tasting before pouring, it was simply poured into to the wine glasses. Not huge issues, and not enough to keep me from coming back, but something the restaurant should monitor and correct with extra training.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/4/2014At an early Saturday dinner, all of the downstairs tables were filled with most of the upstairs appearing busy as well. We came here for the Hearsay Burger--our favorite downtown burger--with the parmesan fries. The Burger was outstanding as always and the fries had changed from thin matchstick-like fries to more substantial krinkle cut fries. That's an improvement in our book. We found a reasonable bottle of red to accompany our meal and enjoyed watching and feeling the excitement of the crowd around us.Special Features:
- Always DeliciousdolwilsonDined on 10/1/2014I have eaten here a hand full of times for lunch. Making reservations is a great idea, so when I walk in I am seated right away. The staff is always friendly but the food makes the place! They have a variety of entrees that ensure every person in the party gets something that they will enjoy. One day I'll try this place for brunch but with reservations as I tried to brunch once without reservations and it was a two hour wait.Special Features:
- Amazing Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014I'm new to Houston & coming to Hearsay for my birthday brunch was a great idea! From the staff to the food it was an all around great experience. The manager Paxton greeted us at the door & was very attentive while they were prepping our table. I'd read the reviews & they said the Lemon Ricotta pancakes were to die for, but I saw they were offering Sweet Potato pancakes now that it's fall. I asked Paxton & he recommended them since I was in a "fall mood' so my friends & I got both. They were delicious!!!! Everyone in our party was very pleased with our food & the service we received. Hearsay has found some new regulars for sure. Thank you Paxton & team! Swirl on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner dateFoodieDined on 9/27/2014My girlfriend and I had a dinner date there after watching a performance at TUTS. We wanted to order everything in the menu it sounded so good. We ordered the appetizer sampler and enjoyed the seafood stuffed mushrooms the best. For dinner I have the Bryd (huge burger) and Mac n four cheese. It came hot and tasted great! My girlfriend ordered the Porkchop, and managed to eat very bit. I can't say it was the best Porkchop I've ever tasted but it was damn close. The mushroom risotto was addicting! My girlfriend loved everything. Also the cocktails were creative and delicious. I highly recommend Hearsay!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, and...workingmomVIPDined on 9/26/2014It got pretty loud around 7:30. I forgot about finding parking down there on a Friday night. Really tough.Special Features:
- We'll be going backDawnibelleDined on 9/22/2014At the top of our "Search for the Perfect Bar" list. Excellent food, service and drink. We could actually hear each other talk, which was a huge plus as we only see each other once a month.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place/Food - few shortcomingsGR8FoodDined on 9/14/2014Great place with great food. Seems to be understaffed or something the 2 times I have been there (both times - table of 2). When the servers were available, they were great, friendly and quite helpful. The food is pretty unique and quite good. Goat cheese salad and hot dog were OUT OF THIS WORLD! Brunch -Lemon Ricotta pancakes with scrambled eggs and Potato Hash (instead of bacon) was absolutely awesome! I definitely WON the brunch war! Outstanding... everything was so perfectly seasoned that it didn't need additional salt or pepper, and the pancakes were SO GOOD that I barely used any syrup. Go here. For late night or brunch! seriously. Just do it. Order Lemon Ricotta pancakes 4 brunch and choose something cool if you go for dinner.Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014I had the kobe dog and will definitely be going back some more to get it. The cocktails were very good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good place to eatMattDined on 9/13/2014The food and cocktails were on point. I had the corn soup, calamari, and the kobe dog. Only shortcoming was the bun was way better than the hot dog itself. Also, the chocolate layer cake was incredible.Special Features:
- Hearsay was great findAyeluvfoodDined on 9/12/2014We picked Hearsay before a comedy show. They made a note and got us in & out in time for the show. There was 6 of us & all of us enjoyed their good. Definitely would go backSpecial Features:
- Lovely spot @ Downtown Market SqrNataliaDined on 9/11/2014I had been 2-3 times before. I like the ambiance, i always find interesting how the lightning is set up. My guests perhaps found it dark at the beginning (2nd floor I think it tends to be darker) but their eyes got adjusted. Still they liked the food (Fish tacos and stuffed chicken) and drinks. I like the bar variety and this time I had the Chicken Marsala, it was very good taste and size. The servers were very friendly and helpful. Overall very good dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/11/2014Hearsay has become our downtown go-to spot when we're looking for a really good burger. The Hearsay Burger is great, but if you want over-the-top, go with The Byrd [adds a fried egg, jalapenos and comes with mac & cheese instead of fries]. Decent enough wines, though place is more noted for its cocktail program.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Romantice hideawayrlattDined on 9/11/2014A great place to wow a date. Cool historical building downtown Houston on the square.Special Features:
- HankDined on 9/10/2014Nice bar scene in up and coming historic end of downtown. three of us had the snapper and it was well prepared and tasty. I was not a big fan of their ceviche, in particular the way it is served on a flat plate without chips. Nice atmosphere and great service.Special Features:
- Great atmosphereNicoleDined on 9/6/2014Enjoyed the bar, enjoyed the dining. Food was really good. One person in our party ordered the fish and it was unfortunately very salty. The stuffed chicken and steak were really good. Fried asparagus was great as an appetizer.Special Features:
- I love this place....FashionistaDined on 9/4/2014This is a great place to have brunch or dinner. Great food and awesome customer service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best burger Ive had downtownMrsWilliamTaylorVIPDined on 9/1/2014We come here when we want to eat upscale bar food like burgers and nachos after 9 or 10p. I really enjoy thier burgers . Super delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodFoodiesDined on 9/1/2014I highly recommend this place to all foodies out there! Everything I've had at this restaurant has been delicious. Make sure to order the mac and cheese, you won't regret it.Special Features:
- Loved everything but the seatingEmmyADined on 9/1/2014We can for Houston Restaurant Week only to find that Hearsay's finished one day early. While disappointed we were still able to order some of the items we'd been looking for. The waitress was fantastic, made suggestions and was very friendly. The ONLY complaint we had was the booth seating along the wall. Privacy is lacking and the gentleman at the table next to us was constantly moving shaking the whole booth which was quite irritating.Special Features:
- Missed it by a day!HappyBirthdayGirlDined on 9/1/2014We came here for HRestaurantweeks - but it turns out it finished the evening before. The only downside of our visit was that our server told us this rather forcefully - little more friendliness and grace might have been good. She also did not tell us it was their 'Steak night' - I had to tell her that. So we went with that offer instead and the food was fine. I think the best part here is the interior - the bar - and the cocktail menu. We had a fun evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceorgutierrezDined on 9/1/2014We enjoyed the vibrant atmosphere and tasty food offerings. The Sticky Toffee Pudding was out of this world.Special Features:
- ExcellentErinDined on 8/31/2014We love this place! The food and drinks are amazing! I highly recommend it. Do no go without reservations unless you hope to just sit at the bar. And even with reservations, you often have to wait.Special Features:
- cluelessunimpressedDined on 8/31/2014The staff at Heresay seems oblivious to the customer, particularly at the bar. The food and coffee were served cold, although in fairness, our waiter for our dinner upstairs was quite apologetic - something seems to be going on internally with the moral at this place. I would not recommend it, unless you are up for a late night drink and do not mind waiting at least 20 minutes to get it.Special Features:
- Dawnlm912Dined on 8/28/2014Visited for restaurant week and the food was delicious. Good sized portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Matt101Dined on 8/25/2014Excellent food and service. Got us out for our 8pm concert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SeagreenDined on 8/24/2014Music great service great. Food was lacking. For hrw this was not impressive. Greasy over cooked eggs needed to be blotted by a napkin. Go for drinks and music!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our server Rob was amazing!mw0812Dined on 8/24/2014We spent our anniversary here on a Sunday for brunch and we fell in love with Hearsay! A+ for sure! Our server was Rob and he definitely paid attention to detail. After brunch he even brought out a cake and ice cream to celebrate our anniversary. It was the highlight of our weekend! We will definitely be going back and bringing friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Immensely Enjoyable!RebeccaDined on 8/24/2014I met a group of ladies for brunch during restaurant weeks (Houston) not expecting much, but was pleasantly surprised by the energy in the restaurant! The brunch was good but not different than other places. What set this place apart was the three man group playing the Spanish guitars. They were fantastic and made the entire dining experience lovely!Special Features:
- Quick stop in HoustonmonmarDined on 8/23/2014We had a long layover and chose to eat here and stay at Magnolia Hotel. Both experiences were wonderful. I had a beet salad, which was delicious, and a Hearsay burger with Parmesan fries, also tasty. My bf had a steak that was perfectly cut and cooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not that impressed with HRWTWallDined on 8/22/2014Went there for HRW and we ordered the crab cakes to start but they were not the normal lump crabmeat I was use to. These were like fishstick version. The service was slow and when we ordered a replacement meal though better, still had to add salt and pepper because lacked seasoning. Not a good overall experience for me. Perhaps better at bar food and happy hour. Not a good HRW week pick for me.
- Amazing food, slow serviceJSullyDined on 8/21/2014We went to Hearsay on a Thirsday night and had the HRW menu, the food was fantastic. The only downside, the service was a little slow, and the noise level was really highI would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/21/2014Went with an office group for HRW lunch and all had a good experience. Hearsay burger is one of the best in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HOU Restaurant WeekRyn1234Dined on 8/20/2014My girlfriend and I went during HOU restaurant week. The food was alright(nothing to write home about), portions were kind of small, the tables a literally on top of one another, so don't go if you're waiting a private intimate dinner. Also, our waitress came to our table 2-3 times tops leaving us without drinks for most of our meal.