1987 State Street
East Petersburg, PA 17520Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.haydnzugs.com/zugsplash.html
- Phone: 7175695746
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch only served Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Byron Kehr
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (bar only), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Haydn Zug's offers seven private dining rooms for 2 to 50 guests. Menus vary by party size.
- Private Party Contact: Terry Lee 7175695746
A word from Haydn Zug's
Haydn Zug's offers fine dining in seven separate dining rooms decorated in Williamsburg Colonial decor. With an award winning wine list, Haydn Zug's seats over 200 guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Haydn Zug's reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great New Years Eve dinnercrankyguyDined on 12/31/2013We dine out weekly and while blessed with many good restaurants in our area, this is one of the best for any occasion and based on this and other experiences at this restaurant, it's especially good for those events when you want the best odds for a memorable dining experience (New Years, Valentines, etc...). The meals and service were great and there was no pressure to move on and make room for the next seating. While not the least expensive choice in the area, it is a quality choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sad to see them gokoolkDined on 12/31/2013We were quite surprised to read that this restaurant is closing. We would have to say that they gave those of us fortunate enough to be one of the last to dine there an excellent experience. Congratulations to them for many years of pleasing their patrons.Special Features:
- the bestwarrenDined on 12/27/2013Has been one of our favorites for a special dining experience for years. they have never been anything but tops for food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Haydn's is always a treat.ArchieDined on 12/23/2013Haydn's is always a treat. Nice menu, great food and service. It is always a warm and welcoming, with the Christmas touch naking it even more inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SatisfyingPumpkineaterDined on 12/20/2013Satisfying Holiday gathering with a couple of business partners. Quiet enough to talk comfortably on the busy last weekend before the Christmas Holiday. Only downside was that Holiday parties upstairs got their food orders in just ahead of ours and we had to wait longer than expected for our entrees.Special Features:
- Food was very Good as wellMLG944VIPDined on 12/18/2013Food was very Good as well as the service - One of our favorites in the area, we will be back.Special Features:
- The food is really good andBobbyVIPDined on 12/16/2013The food is really good and I especially love the duck breastSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Guy, the bartender in theOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 12/14/2013Guy, the bartender in the bar is the best.... we love to go there when he is working.... the food/drinks spectacular as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crowded out for HolidaysFresserDined on 12/13/2013Upon arrival the hostess took our coats but kept referring to us as a different party. When that party arrived behind us, they were promptly greeted, coats gathered and shown to their table before us. Finally arriving at our table, the cold air draft pouring from an exterior window on our table was simply too much. We had to request another table. The food was excellent, but salads were never served. The chaos around downstairs corporate and holiday parties crowded out the attention of our waitress and focus on our experience. When our friends wanted to order gift certificates they were told that the new owners may not honor them. Seems you would want to know that. Hopefully new owners will improve on service, but not with us.Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/13/2013Always top-notch service, food preparation and the best cut of meats around.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food & wonderful serviceZekeDined on 12/4/2013Our meals were scrumptious = the epitomy of deliciousness. Monica, our gracious server, was friendly and attentive. She served us well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed a wonderful dinner,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/2/2013We enjoyed a wonderful dinner, excellent service and comfortable and Relaxing environment. We shared the tenderloin tips pie appetizer And the spinach salad. We finished the meal with a 1/2 brownie Sundae We highly recommend Haydn Zugs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!mmgoodDined on 11/30/2013Food was exceptional, service was wonderful and atmosphere was superb. We'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealLKMWDined on 11/16/2013As usual, very good meal, from soup and salad through dessert --- always love the bananas fosterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New ExperiencenewexperiencerusDined on 11/15/2013We enjoyed the dining experience. The selections and presentation were excellent. We were unfortunately over looked during the owner's table by table introductions. We will recommend the visit to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local restaurantChrisDined on 11/13/2013We enjoyed a great meal the other night. Their Seafood soup is GREAT we get it every time we go there. I had the prime rib which was excellent and my husband had the filet. We had a very relaxing dinner.Special Features:
- First Time At Haydn Zugsshaboopie22Dined on 11/12/2013Did the BOGO deal for dinner. Food was outstanding, house-made salad dressing was unbelievably fresh & delicious. Steaks were cooked to perfection & accompanying sides complimented textures & flavors perfectly. Seafood chowder was generously thick w seafood, not just 'flavored' w it. The cheesy chowder was full of cheese flavor. Lobster was succulent, not over cooked. Atmosphere is friendly, relaxing & takes you back to another time as you feel the history within the brick walls & antique décor. Staff are all friendly & eager to help. Took a tour of the rest. after they closed as we had the last resvr. of the night. Kitchen staff accommodated special requests. Would suggest Haydn Zug's to anyone looking for an enjoyable dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Good2sdayDinnerDined on 11/12/2013THE PRICE IS NOT WORTH IT. This restaurant charges for EVERYTHING, including the small salads that are the first course, even down to the onions on the side. Our bill came out to $98 for two dishes!! The quality was average, not gourmet, even though they are charging gourmet prices.
- Still wonderful Prime Rib.....indineoutmaeveDined on 11/12/2013Still wonderful Prime Rib.....in a setting "fit" to dine with George Washington - FUN!Special Features:
- always a remarkable diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/6/2013always a remarkable dining experience. Food is always awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food Great ServiceGolfnutDined on 11/2/2013One of our favorite restaurants. Food is always excellent and the service was the best. Have been there many times and never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/2/2013Wonderful restaurant. Delicious food and lovely atmosphere. Perfect for a night out with a special someone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The ambiane is wonderful andNancyJRBDined on 11/2/2013The ambiane is wonderful and the wait staff are are extremely well versed in theit field. The food alawys is supberb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellant as AlwaysEdandBevDined on 10/30/2013Have been there several times before over the years. Every time we visit the food, service and ambience has been outstanding..If your in the Lancaster Pa. area this is a must stop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food... great service...kaylaDined on 10/26/2013Great food... great service... nice quiet atmosphere!!!! We were celebrating our anniversary, & I had indicated that at the time of the reservation. When it came time for dessert, we were each presented a small complimentary brownie with a candle & scoop of ice cream!!! What a nice & thoughtful surprise!!!!!! We will definetly dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Dinner in Lancaster CountyChipDined on 10/26/2013Open Table reservation honored promptly: very nice decor/ambience in downstairs dining room (with occasional street traffic noise). We split a cup of the very rich, delicious cheese soup. Wedge salad was perfectly chilled, spinach salad was sizeable and tasty. My wife had the Poultry of the Day and her only negative comment was the chicken breast a bit dry. I had the l lamb tenderloin which was perfectly done and delicious. Service was friendly and unhurried. We will definitely be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeJimKDined on 10/16/2013Have been there numerous times over many years and with groups or alone. Always had a good experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversaryanniversaryDined on 10/14/2013A special place to celebrate our anniversary Nice quiet table, great service, good foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningluv2dineDined on 9/28/2013My husband & I had a lovely diner at Haydn Zug's. We were seated immediately and greeted by our server quickly. The server was very helpful explaining menu items and choices. The food was served in a timely manner and was very hot when it was served. Both of our entrees were extremely delicious. We will definitely go back. It is a very nice place for special occasions, and several parties there that night were celebrating birthdays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PricynickVIPDined on 9/21/2013Great spot that is just a little bit over priced. The wine list needs improvement as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurant foodchasnanVIPDined on 9/7/2013Excellent restaurant food was the best service was good the owner is very personal to come around to talk to all his customers to greet you which a thought was very niceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and service was great.WeinthemomentDined on 8/31/2013The food and service was great.We will go there againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We've eaten at Haydn Zug'svagentlemanVIPDined on 8/30/2013We've eaten at Haydn Zug's for years and it is consistently good and it never seems to change much year after year. This is both a good and a bad thing. It is good when the product is good - as it is at Haydn Zug, but it is bad when other area restaurant's are doing just a bit more to make the dining experience more enjoyable. Case in point: the vegetables are uninspired to say the least. The sliced potato and the steamed vegetable medley are tasty but very, very routine and not at all memorable. That being said, the lettuce wedge salad is big enough for a whole meal, the ambiance is wonderful, the service very professional and friendly and the food is certainly tasty! And I love that you can order a smaller portion of many entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Come HungryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2013Awesome place in a very old house. Dined upstairs in one of the small rooms and enjoyed the company of some regular diners around us. My wife had the flat bread shrimp scampi pizza appitizer on the advice of Krista, our server, while I went with the lobster pappardelle after seeing it at another table. Both were so tasty and quickly disappeared. Wifey went with the 1/2 portion beef tenderloin chesapeake and I pigged out on the whole portion Australian lamb tenderloin. OMG, It was a lot of meat. Both entrees were perfectly cooked to order too. Vanilla bean creme brulee was shared for dessert and was so creamy good. All portions were very big, so do come hungry!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All around great!snhappyDined on 7/20/2013Great service, food, and menu choices! I requested a quiet section and they gave it to me. If you want romantic come when it's not too busy like 4:30. We had the room to ourselves until about 5:45?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I REALLY ENJOY THE FOOD, PLACEMIKEDined on 7/19/2013I REALLY ENJOY THE FOOD, PLACE AND SERVICE, THE RESTAURANT HAS A FAMILY ATMOSPHERE THAT INVITES TO A NICE MEAL. THANKS.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantChrisDined on 7/18/2013We really enjoy this restaurant! We brought some friends with us this time and they also really enjoyed the food. I had the fish dish for the night and it was excellent ! My husband had the chicken dish which was also very good! We shared a bananas foster for dessert. Again, we were not disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a great little restaurant in AmishrgmindianVIPDined on 7/17/2013nestled in the quaint town of East Petersburg, near Lancaster PA, Haydn Zugs offers a fine menu, superb service and personal service from both the wait staff and the owner (Terry Lee). I work and travel (eat) all over the world ( have been to some of the finest restaurants in Paris, London, Rome, Germany etc) and get to Lancaster every so often to visit my in-laws. This is a must place to go, have a nice relaxing meal with friends and family. Reasonably priced for a top notch restaurant. The bar is bustling (not really my scene) the the main hotel was relatively quiet ad appropriate for intimate conversations if that's your thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinnerSonLovesSteakDined on 7/16/2013We went to Haydn Zugs to celebrate my son's birthday. He's only 12 but appreciates a fine steak! We were delighted by the unexpected deal of $25 off an entree. Excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Accidental findOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/13/2013My daughter and I were in town for a soccer tournament. At 840 pm she decided she was finally hungry for dinner. We used the open table app to find out what was nearby, and still open with availability. We made a reservation for 9pm hopped in the car and drove the 5 minutes there. When we got there, the hostess cheerfully greeted us -Hi Dr. W... we are expecting you! Other diners were finishing up. Service was impeccable. My daughter had the filet mignon, which melted in your mouth. The mashed potatoes were excellent and I should of asked what they put in to make them so creamy. We finished with a half order of banana foster, which was delicious and still a huge serving. We live 2.5 hrs away, wish we were closer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.