400 East Snow King Ave
Jackson, WY 83001Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.snowking.com/
- Phone: (307) 734-3187
- Hours of Operation:
Summer Hours of Operation
Breakfast: 7:00am - 11:00am
Bar: 11:00am - Close
Lunch: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Dinner: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Wild Game, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Josh Ladd
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Haydens Post
Serving as a beacon for the comfort–seeking traveler, Haydens Post, a restaurant and bar, at the newly renovated Snow King Hotel in Jackson, WY, encompasses all that is Wyoming. With a lively and vibrant atmosphere, Haydens Post is the heart, a basecamp and gathering place for the discerning customer. Evoking a sense of warmth, sophistication and authenticity, Haydens Post is a restaurant locals and hotel guests can enjoy year-round. A robust cocktail, beer and wine list rounds out the Wyoming-focused menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Haydens Post reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (5)great for outdoor dining (4)neighborhood gem (3)good for groups (3)notable wine list (2)fit for foodies (2)romantic (2)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Corbie1224Corbie1224VIPDined on 9/21/2014Bus load of elderly people in dining room eating a smorgasbord and obnoxiously loud band. But food was better than we expected.I would recommend this to a friend.
- oopsmikkiDined on 8/26/2014With the many great restaurant choices in Jackson, you could find a better choice. Seemed like a good idea at the time.Special Features:
- Not so goodTannerDined on 8/15/2014Very disappointing. Food was prepared very poorly. Bison burger was asked for med/we'll. it came cold and charged. It was so dry it was impossible to swallow. the 2 bites I tried. Produce in both spinach salad and Caesar was wilted. Mahogany BBQ chicken had been brined and smoked(not stated on menu) and was so salty it couldn't be eaten. Wine and beer were great. On a good note, we did speak to the manager who insisted not only on taking no payment for the awful meal, but asked us to come back free of charge. He assured us that this was not standard service and he would check on the kitchen. Other people shared that they have had good food and service. If we were in town longer we would give them a 2nd chance with the managers offer.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2014Very disappointing for the price. Short ribs were basically all fat/no meat and the polenta was lumpy and disappointing. My wife's trout was not only small (seemed like only one side of a fillet), it was overcooked and dried out. Good service and atmosphere couldn't overcome mediocre food.
- Over ratedJackson6VIPDined on 8/5/2014Food quality was very average. Below average for the cost.
- Not your typical hotel restaurantfoodiefromSDDined on 8/1/2014We had dinner here last weekend and were incredibly surprised by everything, considering this is a hotel restaurant. The food was unique & different. The Bison chili was amazing, the Elk Bolognese - delicious and the market tasting of vegetables was a huge portion and freshly prepared & wonderful! We asked the Bartender to recommend a couple drinks and ended up with a Sage & vodka cocktail that was like nothing I've ever had before (going to try and make this one at home) and a Rye whisky cocktail that was perfect for a summer day. The entertainment in the bar was a surprise and was top notch. Definitely recommend this place if you are in Jackson! The staff was friendly, service was spot on and clearly, they have a great chef!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place, nice decor!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/28/2014Came in for Mother's Day brunch and had a wonderful time, so I wanted to come back to try the dinner menu. Really liked the music and the interior decor. We dined inside but the outdoor area looked very nice and spacious. A lot of nice wines on the wine menu that I was familiar with and thought the prices were fair. Started with the kettle mac n cheese, which was delicous, and the ceasar salad, which was a very nice ceasar dressing. Had the Elk for my meal, which was wonderful, it was really nice to see a game option on the menu for people who are visiting the area. I hear they have live music on Friday and Saturdays, so I definitely want to check that out sometime!Special Features:
- The following 17 reviews are from the Haydens Post reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/28/2014This was the first time I have visited Hayden's Post. I liked the openness. I was a little disturbed with the yard work that was being done. We were there about 12:00 and I do not think the lunch time is the best time to be using a weed string trimmer. It took away from the atmosphere. The server was very positive and very pleasant. I would return. I am assuming the string trimming doesn't take place daily. If I did experience it again, I would not be back a third time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening!!57VetteDined on 7/26/2014Had a wonderful evening here. Great food, wonderful, friendly staff and service. New Chef is doing great things here. Loved it and will be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food. Hot Women.DafoodeaterDined on 7/23/2014I have eaten here a few times. The food is always good and the servers are usually hot. Service is good a and is definitely improving. Also, the hostess is really hot. The deck was a great choice on a nice. Also, beautiful bussers and bartenders. I will be coming back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot for Dinner on the DeckJHEatsVIPDined on 7/23/2014We had a table of four out on the deck and the view was amazing. We could see the entire town of Jackson and the surrounding mountain range. Would definitely have the salmon flatbread and kettle mac & cheese. These were off the charts. Great food and service and the price was definitely right by Jackson standards.Special Features:
- Sevice Needs Helpluv2dineDined on 7/13/2014We really like this place and have been several times. Our most recent trip was awful, so bad in fact we left before our food arrived. Once seated, thirty minutes went by before anyone came to take a drink order. It was another fifteen minutes before the drinks arrived. We ordered an appetizer of french fries when our drinks finally came and when they failed to come after another thirty minute wait we left. A table next to us arrived after us and had two rounds of drinks and their food and were done with the meal during our time sitting there.Special Features:
- Rustic but played safeKaukauphileDined on 6/6/2014We had an early reservation but the servers were already declaring that they were slammed. Decided to try the deviled egg app as it seemed quite a bold statement to put it on the menu, it paired well with the salad we had (ordered separately) probably a note to the chef that a small composed salad would be an improvement to the egg dish. In all the comfort food was well done but the service was at times cold (distant with a European feel, not quite the friendly American west that I would expect) and definitely slow. The wine list is not worth the look, one step above the typical bar choice of "red or white"...though it probably is a dream for the restaurateur when it comes to "no thinking + high margin." Decor is western country club.Special Features:
- Great Service!TetonRoseVIPDined on 4/6/2014We dined at Hayden's Post the night before they closed for the off season. We scored the table by the big windows and were able to watch the beautiful snow falling on the mountains. The food was fabulous! The service was attentive. We had a wonderful time. My husband LOVED the steak and fries. They were delectable!Special Features:
- Pretty GoodMuffinVIPDined on 4/2/2014Haydens Post seems to be really trying to do it right. The interior is modern western, the view's great, and the ambiance is inviting. The service was undeniably excellent. We had steaks, mashed potatoes, truffled parmesan fries, roasted potatoes, mussels, and a bottle of Sean Minor Pinot Noir. All the items we ordered were excellent. All the items were far more reasonably priced than they would otherwise be elsewhere in Teton County. For whatever reason, our roasted mushrooms were forgotten. They brought them out quickly and comped them. I can only make one complaint; the bread. I didn't look at the bill that closely, but I think you may have to pay for the bread, which I can live with. But it wasn't very good in my opinion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well done steakOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/27/2014We ordered the steak medium , my sons steak was perfect mine however was overcooked and tough. Overall the price did not match the service or food very disappointed:(Special Features:
- Where is our server?OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/28/2014Ok....totally understand being busy and maybe taking a litle longer than one would like, to get served, but 25 minutes to get our drinks and 45 to get our food... Heads up Hayden's....ATLEAST give us some bread and our drinks immediately....sitting there for 25 for a glass of wine..REALLY...how long does it take to pour a glass of wine? Isn't that service 101..give them bread and drinks asap and you'll be forgiven for the SLOW service and average food.Special Features:
- LOVED this restaurant!TetonRoseVIPDined on 2/23/2014Met my girlfriends for drinks and dinner. Loved the views, the fireplace, and the cozy, fun atmosphere in the bar! We all had the house salad and the salmon special. The salad was incredible! I'll have to say the salmon was the BEST I have ever eaten in my life! I eat salmon in restaurants because I know it's healthy, but I can rarely finish it because it's so rich. The salmon at Hayden's Post was prepared perfectly. I ate every bite! My friends and I vowed to return in a few weeks. We had a wonderful, delicious time!! Kudos to the chef and our wonderful waiter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurant, good foodJHLocalVIPDined on 2/17/2014I've eaten a few times at Hayden's Post. This night, service was slow but prior visits have been fine. Food is good, good selection for kids too. Food should have been served a bit hotter, but flavor and presentation excellent. Overall I do recommend and would give it solid 4 star if service was a bit more promptI would recommend this to a friend.
- Hayden's Post PerfectdaveyDined on 12/25/2013Excellent place, beautiful room, creative menu and excellent service, easily we'll go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find3dddVIPDined on 10/27/2013Located at the foot of Snow King ski resort and part of the hotel, Hayden's Post have had great all around reviews -- we were not disappointed.. Food was plentiful, hot, esthetically arranged and tasty, as well as reasonably priced and served with a smile; definitely a keeper!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale and renovatedKCwilsonVIPDined on 10/8/2013A fresh updated and comfortable look, very modern and mountain-esque. Service was very pleasant and helpful. Views of Snow King Mountain and forest were very nice. Food excellent. i had the burger with cheddar and carmelized onions - very tasty and fries were out of this world. Husband had steak, he enjoyed. Friend had vegetable filled pastry. salads had interesting garnishes and a kick of chipotle honey dressing. We had the bread pudding for dessert, great to share and was really excellent. We will definitely be back.A huge improvement from the former tired and dank bar / restaurant this used to be. Gorgeous and fresh and the food is very good. I'd be back anytime for a burger....Special Features:
- try it, it very good!!!lovetoeatVIPDined on 10/7/2013food was great. we enjoyed the side dishes as well as our entrees. we will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Lovely Evening!TetonRoseVIPDined on 7/21/2013This was our first dinner at the new Hayden's Post and we were pleasantly surprised! Snow King Resort has undergone a huge remodel. This restaurant was part of the big change. We loved sitting outside on the new deck. It was beautiful and peaceful! The service was excellent. I had a delicious salad and the salmon special. Wow! The presentation was fabulous and I thought it was the BEST salmon I had ever tasted. My husband had the steak and fries. Delicious! I can't WAIT to go back and sample some more delicious culinary treats!Special Features: