Hayden's Lakefront Grill
8187 SW Tualatin Sherwood Road
Tualatin, OR 97062Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Hayden's Lakefront Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.haydensgrill.com/
- Phone: 5038859292
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - Close, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - Close; Saturday and Sunday Brunch: 7:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Alfredo Gondinez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please contact the restaurant for more details.
- Private Party Facilities: Allow us to cater to all your needs including Weddings, Birthdays, Meetings,and Anniversaries.
- Private Party Contact: Jeff Munden 5038859292x1516
- Entertainment: Our exciting lounge hosts dynamic high energy live music on Fridays and Saturdays from 7pm to 11pm.
A word from Hayden's Lakefront Grill
Hayden's is operating on the concept of providing quality, local food. We choose only the freshest of ingredients that are supplied by local vendors. The menu is designed to embrace a traditional seafood steakhouse presented with rustic elegance.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Hayden's Lakefront Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
- They take brunch reservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/18/2013Not many restaurants near or in Portland take reservations for brunch, so one can always count on this restaurant. My guests enjoyed their smoked salmon Benedict, but the breakfast burrito was overloaded with CHEESE and difficult to eat. Also, they charged +$2.00 for switching out fruit for potatoes, but the waiter never mentioned this (but mentioned we were welcome to have fruit instead of potatoes). Their petite breakfasts are very nice (have had in the past). Also they do a great job for large groups in their private room. We were one of a few tables at the restaurant and the service was absolutely HORRIBLE and SLOW with no apologies as if it were normal. Have not experienced this slowness on past occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything clicked8likeapigDined on 8/17/2013We had our 4 granddaughters with their parents for a birthday dinner for my son. It is very risky to take such young girls (2, 3, 4, & 8) out to dinner as any one of them could melt down at any time. But the staff had our table ready ahead of time and the food was delivered in a very timely manner so that the kids could start 'snacking' right away. The outdoor patio on the water was a big attraction for them also. We all enjoyed our food and were able to talk without much kid stress. Thanks to the staff for a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was okDeftonesleepDined on 8/13/2013It was really nice but the food was mediocre for the price. I spent $20 For the halibut, but I got Something that was worth $10. Overall just a little overpriced.Special Features:
- 3 course is the way to goAZNorbDined on 7/27/2013Try the 3 course meal selections. Good selections and just the right amount of food at an attractive price.Special Features:
- Tasty food! My razor clamsDeniseDined on 7/12/2013Tasty food! My razor clams were a touch overcooked, but other than that, we had no complaints with the food. My husband had the beef shortribs and they were lovely, tender and falling off the bone. My friend had the steelhead (seafood special) and thought it was delicious. The pearl couscous was particularly nice, making for a very colorful presentation on the plate. Nice dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/6/2013We took my parents out for brunch and was surprised by the prices for standard breakfast menu items. The food was okay but I definitely did not think we got any value for the food paid for. We will not be going back.
- Lunch Meeting highlightsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/2/2013We had a large informal meeting outside, which was really relaxing. We enjoyed the ducks, ducklings and geese while sitting by the water. I have eaten here many times, and found the food very good. However, I had the crispy chicken salad with the honey lime vinaigrette, and it was ok, but definitely not something I would order again, as I did not care for the dressing. Breakfasts have always been outstanding here. - ESpecial Features:
- ThankspdxporterDined on 6/28/2013You were very accommodating to our group of seven, moved us to a bigger table and got us on our way to a show on time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointing experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/16/2013My family went to Hayden's for Father's Day lunch. We had reservations at 11:15am and were seated promptly. We waited approx. 15 minutes for our drink order to be taken and decided to place our entire order at that time. We knew that we were in for a long wait when after 30 minutes the tables around us that were there before us still did not have their food. In the time we waited for our food, one table changed their order to take out since their young children were getting antsy with the long wait, and two other tables sent their food back. Our food was finally delivered at 12:10pm! The wait certainly wasn't worth it.
- DisappointedFirstimerDined on 5/12/2013Overpriced for the quality & variety of brunch buffet options. We were seated in the bar area with a large group & children. Napkins on the floor under our table.Special Features:
- 3rd year for Mother's Day BrunchGBandIODined on 5/12/2013This was our third year celebrating mother's day. Last two years fantastic, this is why we tried it a 3rd time. We are NOT going back for a fourth. The food was so unimaginitive. IT felt very cafeteria type. A little upscale, yet not the high quality previously experienced.Special Features:
- When the weather is nice,AviatorDined on 5/10/2013When the weather is nice, my wife and I will have lunch outside next the small lake located at the Tualatin Commons. I can' think of a more pleasant way to enjoy lunch. The food and service were fantastic. Although, in the past, the food could be hit or miss. However, the last few times we've eaten at Hayden's the food has been great.Special Features:
- Lakeside dining at its bestGabbottVIPDined on 5/2/2013What a great place to have a quiet dinner with someone special. You really feel you are out on a lake with all the birds flying in and out of the lake. The menu is varied and reasonable in price. We loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Blackened Scallop Salad!mtrocksDined on 5/2/2013I love to eat lunch outside and Hayden's comes to mind immediately when it gets nice in Oregon. The Blackened Scallop salad was amazing with beets, arugala, pesto dressing. Accompanied by great fresh bread (not stock "french" bread), my lunch to catch up with a friend was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/21/2013I don't have anything bad to say about this place other than the menu selection seemed limited and without too much variety. It wasn't bad, but it was just...meh. Our waitress was attentive and helpful and view of the lake is very pretty.Special Features:
- I don't mind paying for goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2013I don't mind paying for good food....but the food here was mediocre at best and super over priced.Special Features:
- Have dined here many times.MickDined on 4/7/2013Have dined here many times. Reservations for book club were taken care of as requested. I was even seated early. Service was a bit slower than I had noticed on previous visits. This may have been due to the time and size of our group. Food was great. Overall good experience.Special Features:
- Hayden's Lakefront GrillOftenGuestVIPDined on 4/7/2013Good food, good service, arrangement of room is good for most, however, there are a few booths where you can only see hall outside the kitchen area and those you are eating with. We were in one of those. Specials here are usually excellent choices.Special Features:
- table service was minimalOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/31/2013table service was minimal ...and food not as great as previous years...some containers, messy....did appreciate the return of champagne
- Easter brunch was very veryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013Easter brunch was very very good. Nice variety of food. Staff were attentive, champagne was filled regularly. They also took note of my seating request and we were able to sit outside on a lovely day.Special Features:
- like the $24 3 course selections.JBirdieVIPDined on 3/15/2013like the $24 3 course selections. Amount of food just right.Special Features:
- The genuinely warm welcomeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/14/2013The genuinely warm welcome by the maitre-d' set the tone for an excellent dining experience. The ambience was quietly relaxed even with a number of diners. The sparkle of the lake outside is a plus. Prompt attention by our server soon led to a Cranberry Baked Brie that ranks with the best I've had anywhere. It was followed by a very good Leg of Lamb, and an outstanding Jaeger Schnitzel. When I go 100 miles to visit friends in Tualatin, we sometimes head into Portland for dining experiements; but we know that we will always be happy if we stay local with Hayden's Lakefront Grill.Special Features:
- Special Romantic Requests Filled :)OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/6/2013I had a special romantic evening planned and asked for a special, romantic table. Hayden's provided an amazing table with a special red table cloth, the only table that had a red table cloth and perfect view of the lake the candles and items on the table were meticulously arranged. Ultra-mega Kudos for the staff at Hayden's! What an awesome place. It was my first visit and I will be returning.Special Features:
- The food was delightful, thediscriminodineVIPDined on 3/5/2013The food was delightful, the service better. The mushroom lasagna and the bouillabaisse were both excellent (and we enjoyed both the next night since the portions were excellent). The server made us feel fully at home. And we enjoyed the dessert sampler we shared--excellent value for the money and each tasty in its own right. We were quite happy with the evening and our discovery of a reliable place to return to.Special Features:
- This pleasant restaurant neverOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013This pleasant restaurant never fails to be a pleasant spot to dine. The service was good, we were seated at a window table, as requested, and the personnel were friendly. Although tasty, the seafood bisque-type soup was salty and lukewarm. The Caesar salad had a nice flavor but a good third we're pithy stalks, not Romaine leaves. My friend ordered the Cuban panini which she enjoyed. Generally, the food is well prepared and pleasing to the eye. The prices are moderate which makes this restaurant a nice spot to dine before or after a Portland event. We travel from the mid-Willamette valley so the ease of access, ease of parking, and general ambiance bring us back time and again.Special Features:
- good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013We went on valentines day so there was a special menu. But it was a great five course meal. the prawns where good, and the sorbert and the cedar plank salmon was yummy. It's a more higher priced resturant but still the food is wonderful and it has great service.Special Features:
- Hayden's food is consistentlyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013Hayden's food is consistently good to very good. Unfortunately the service was terrible. We expected it to be busy with perhaps somewhat slower service that usual on Valentines Day but it took us almost 3 hours to have dinner with almost no personal attention from our main server. This has not been our typical experience at Hayden's so we will try it again and hope it was an anomaly.
- My Husband and I had a veryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013My Husband and I had a very Memorable and lovely evening on Valentines Day 2/14/13. Thanks and Kudos to the Staff and Chefs!Special Features:
- Table with no viewOftenGuestVIPDined on 2/3/2013Food was excellent. Our table had no view and was hidden from most of the restaurant which would be good for a business lunch but didn't lead to any feel of interest in us by the restaurant staff.Special Features:
- The chef's special at lunch,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/28/2013The chef's special at lunch, terriyaki chicken and noodles, was quite delicious. My friends each ordered the tuna melt. One thought the taste was too strong, and was offered a replacement lunch. The other found the tuna taste strong, but she did not ask for a replacement. She only ate half of the sandwich, though. Our waitress was very pleasant and quite gracious concerning the replacement lunch.Special Features:
- This is a nice place for aOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/19/2013This is a nice place for a good dinner and we have enjoyed it many times. Decided to go there for my husbands birthday and we totally enjoyed our evening there. Would recommend the place to anyone who is looking for a nice meal with reasonable prices.Special Features:
- We meet two other couplesPdotVIPDined on 1/3/2013We meet two other couples during the New Year period at Haydens. It is centrally coated and a nice place to hold a conversation. The food is varied and quite good. the service is great and not intrusive.Special Features:
- This restaurant changed toOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2012This restaurant changed to a fixed menu and a $65 per person charge less than a week before my reservation. Then 4 days before my reservation, they changed the menu again and reduced the price by $10. We had every reason to expect a diner selected menu as they had advertised no NYEve party until less than a week before. My party had dined there the past 2 years.
- A-1 Experience in every way!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/30/2012We had (18) guests and we had a blast!! One of our party was served a Happy Birthday dessert and we were all so impressed with the size and quality. Unfortunately for (17) of us Jim was not willing to share with us!! All of the staff, including the owner, were so friendly while not being intrusive. We have been to the Oswego Grill before and will definitely go again.Special Features:
- Fun & Enjoyable ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/28/2012Had a great nighr celebrating a 50th B-day party. Everything went as planned and ready when we got there. Booking on line made it very easy.Special Features:
- Mediocre FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/27/2012I used to be a big fan of Hayden's. Great food and good value. I'm not sure if they changed chefs but the food was marginal, meat dry and overcooked, and the wine list way overpriced, lacking good local wines. The lighting was terrible and I couldn't even read the prices on the menu or the wine list. I will not return until something changes.
- Our group usually goes toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/20/2012Our group usually goes to Haydens for our Christmas party. Most liked the food and portion size. One complained that her scallops were chewy and gritty and the risotto was a big lump in the middle of the plate. Only five scallops and a big pile of mush with chunks of squash. At 22.95 a plate, we all agree that it was not worth it. Our servers were nice but we had to seek them out a few times and they were slow to take our orders..nobody asked if we wanted appetizers and we had to find someone to order them. The coffee refills were luke warm. The setting was beautiful...just some very high prices for less than stellar food. We will go back and just order more carefully off the menu and not try the new dishes.Special Features:
- The view of the lake was thecheeri14Dined on 12/9/2012The view of the lake was the only thing that I thought was nice about this place. Nothing exciting on the menu, much older crowd, food was strictly middle of the road.
- Great Choice!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/8/2012Met a small group for dinner. Service was great. Food was awesome. Great ambiance. Went in early December and everything was decorated for Christmas. The restaurant sits on a man made pond which was decorated with lights, enhancing the ambiance. Well rounded menu, with meats, seafood, burgers, pastas, vegetarian and gluten free choices. Was out of our way, but definitely a destination restaurant.Special Features:
- Birthday dinner delightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/25/2012I went in on a Sunday afternoon for a quiet dinner utilizing a birthday gift card. I splurged on a trio dinner of salad, prosciutto wrapped pork tenderloin and a lovely mini cream brûlée All very delicious! I highly recommend Hayden's for their food, staff and ambience. Thank you for a lovely evening. Sincerely Erin GavinSpecial Features: