5530 Douglas Blvd
Granite Bay, CA 95746Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.hawksrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (916) 791-6200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Dinner: Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Dinner: Sunday Supper (Please check website for prix fixe menu): 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Sunday Brunch: Second Sunday of Each Month: 10:30am - 1:30pm; Happy Hour: Tuesday - Friday: 2:30pm - 6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Fagnoni & Molly Hawks
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Hawks offers upscale, full service catering - Business and Residential. Whether providing a casual lunch for your office, or an elaborate catered event at your home, allow Hawks to cater your next event. Contact Ashley Martello at 916.791.6221 for further information.
- Private Party Facilities: Hawks restaurant is taking your culinary experience to the next level. We are now offering The Chef’s Table; a private, nine-course dinner designed exclusively for you and your guests. The meal achieves the highest in culinary practice, accompanied by unparalelled service in our elegant Pond Room.
- Private Party Contact: Ashley Martello or Molly Hawks 9167916221
- Special Events:
A word from Hawks
The rustic elegance of Hawks features a warm design of understated sophistication. The interior space reflects the serene earth tones found in the expansive pond views, with luxurious mohair and artisan wood work. The stylish patio centers around a reflecting pool and fire, with lounge-inspiring couches to enjoy the view. Chefs Michael Fagnoni and Molly Hawks craft Contemporary American Cuisine with traditional European technique.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Hawks reviews from OpenTable diners
138 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (115)fit for foodies (101)romantic (73)neighborhood gem (62)notable wine list (52)great for outdoor dining (42)good for groups (32)great for lunch (26)scenic view (22)vibrant bar scene (14)great for brunch (11)hot spot (10)late-night find (1)Show More
- Affordable fine diningIrmsVIPDined on 11/14/2014If you're looking for a delicious fine dining restaurant that is relatively affordable, this is one of the best places to come for an amazing dinner. They offer a tasting menu for the table, or you can order dishes a la carte as well and share a variety of dishes to share. Every dish I've had here is excellent and I always want more, but have to leave room for the next dish. We never have enough room for dessert, but that also looks amazing too. The staff are all extremely pleasant and friendly, and make you feel at home. The best thing about Hawks is that it's in the perfect spot, outside of midtown Sacramento. We come here for their monthly Sunay brunch, but definitely need to come more often for dinner as well. We love this place and you will, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience!DiningfortwoDined on 11/13/2014We celebrated my husband's birthday and thoroughly enjoyed our visit. They accommodated our request for a quiet table, graciously served the wine we brought and our server provided excellent, friendly and unobtrusive service. Every dish was greatly enjoyed by all at our table. The gnocchi truly lived up to being "little pillows" of wonderfulness! The short rib dish was flavorful, tender and delicious and the Hawk Bar for dessert was also a winner. We also enjoyed the quiet ambience which allowed for easy conversation - so important! We will definitely return to Hawk's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LBelleDined on 11/12/2014I have always enjoye diningat Hawk's, whether with my daughters or grandchuldren.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Celebration 11/11/14PhonemanDined on 11/11/2014I surprised my girlfriend on her birthday, by making reservations at this very nice restaurant. Our reservation was at 6:00 pm, and we arrived approximately 40 minutes early to enjoy happy hour at the bar. We were immediately greeted and acknowledged at the door by the hostess. The bartender, Teresa, was friendly, provided quick service, and engaged in friendly conversation with us. She seemed to enjoy her position here at this wonderful eatery. We had a very pleasant experience both at the bar and at our dinner table. The food was excellent, the ambiance was romantic. We would most definitely visit this restaurant again, and will speak highly of our experience to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I really want to love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/9/2014I have always loved the food and atmosphere at Hawk's. I am so glad we have a fine dining restaurant in our neighborhood. The only thing that puts us off is the service. Every time we have visited the restaurant for dinner, it has taken 10 minutes to be acknowledged by our server - or even to get a menu sometimes. We nearly walked out this time before finally getting attention from our server. Once he finally visited our table, the service started flowing; and the food, as always, was superb. The menu is creative, and the food is elegant and thoughtfully prepared. This would be our "go-to" restaurant if we felt more welcomed and comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingLGCDOBIEDined on 11/9/2014the sunday brunch has delicious unique dishes from which to chose. Food came quickly. The endless mimosas are a perfect touch. Service was attentive and not intrusive, friendly and informative. the service staff bar and floor is well trained to deliver outstanding customer service. Great bar staff who want your drinks to be as you want them....Special Features:
- Great Evening!!Greatfood98Dined on 11/7/2014We have friends who rave about this restaurant and after visiting for the 1st time, we understand why. It is hard to find a restaurant with great food, service, and wine list, but Hawks has it all. We were there for our anniversary and casually mentioned it to our server. Not only did she hear us, but our dessert was delivered with Happy 16th Anniversary written in chocolate. We will definitely be back!!!Special Features:
- over pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/5/2014received 4 scallops for $35....over priced, small portionsSpecial Features:
- AnnsieVIPDined on 10/30/2014We had wonderful food, exquisitely prepared and presented, and attentive but not overly attentive service. The view from their back window is just lovely. My only suggestion would be that they offer a little fuller and more varied lunch menu--but I feel lucky that they still do offer lunch, so perhaps I shouldn't complain!Special Features:
- Lunch at HawksDagsDined on 10/30/2014Always consistent. Always good. One of my favorite restaurants in all of the Sacramento Valley!Special Features:
- Hawks-nice ambience!RoandBoDined on 10/21/2014Limited menu choices, had the scallops (4). Everything is very rich and somewhat salty, and for me, only an occasional visit will do as I don't eat that way and my stomach felt it even though there wasn't copious amounts of food- it was just very rich but delicious.Special Features:
- Good stuff!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014Had a bottle of bubbles in an empty stomach before we got there. I would say the food was excellent if I can remember correctly haha.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyedlivinfthelifeDined on 10/17/2014I wish the menu offered more. No specials offered. Pricey..for servings. I enjoyed the Salmon very much, very flavorful but didn't like that there were no other vegetables offered but Brussel Sprouts or Cauliflower which were not my favorite. $30.00 for a small piece of Salmon and nothing else, was a little expensive. It is a little noisy and the tables are too close together. The service was excellent! I don't know if I would go again..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top ShelfsfvibeDined on 10/17/2014Top shelf from A to Z. Excellent service, drinks, food!Special Features:
- A great eveningFrankinFairOaksVIPDined on 10/14/2014We ve been to Hawks quite a few times. This time was on a Tuesday evening and it wasn't as busy as it can be. The service was impeccable. We had a great waiter. Outstanding food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PandMDined on 10/10/2014Creative and tasty food supported by an expansive wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local CustomerOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/7/2014Took visiting friends to the restaurant. Ended up on the patio by ourselves ... very nice evening. Food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is great!NateVIPDined on 10/7/2014Hawks is the type of restaurant that you go to for special occasions. Food is 6 stars. I was a little dissappointed with the service. Rob V. was our waiter and never asked how our meal was. I had to ask the manager for a black napkin (I was wearing a black suit).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another fabulous meal.RushfarmsDined on 10/3/2014Nothing compares to the food and service at Hawks. We have never been disappointed in the flavorful food and excellent service. Every time we have been there we take a taste of our selected item and just roll our eyes savor the taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed for the first timeeatoutalotVIPDined on 9/30/2014We have eaten at Hawks many times and always been pleased with the service and the food. On Tuesday 9/30, there were 7 of us. None of us ordered a first course. Our entrees took 40 minutes to be served. There were some very hungry and unhappy people at the table by then. The restaurant was not full so it may have been a matter of understaffing in the kitchen. We were given as much bread as we wanted but it was cold & somewhat dry. Once the food arrived, it was delicious as usual. We had the barramundi, the gnocchi, the chicken and the short rib. We also indulged in dessert -- the pear soufflé, beignets, and lemon panna cotta -- all of which were very good.Special Features:
- Outstanding food; dynamic serviceCharBDined on 9/27/2014This is one of our favorite fine dining restaurants. Top notch service. Creative foods. Farm to fork.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always amazingHockeylvr2Dined on 9/26/2014As usual, everything was great.... from the friendly & professional service to the amazing food. Always enjoy the little extras that are brought out to try. Glad to have such a great place in the neighborhood (bonus w/o having to travel to Sac.) in where to go for our anniversary! Till next time :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite in the areaHNL4niteDined on 9/26/2014Whenever I am in the area I come to Hawks at least once and usually more. The atmosphere is elegant without being pretentious. The service is well orchestrated and thoughtful. The food is memorable. Especially the ahi tartare and the equisite desserts. Excellent crafted cocktails. A high-end well-run restaurant that isn't stuffy. Come here to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Experience5SpikesDined on 9/23/2014We went to dinner at Hawks midweek for a special occasion. On a Tuesday night, they were packed and we had to wait about 20 minutes after our reservation time. But it was worth the wait. The restaurant has a nice ambiance but is not quiet. The meals we had were excellent. The Caesar salad and lobster gnocchi that I had were bursting with favor and fabulous. My wife had the fresh tomato soup and chicken which was perfectly crispy on the outside yet tender and juicy inside. We topped it off with a shuffle and flight of Madeira. They have an extensive wine list and the service was great as well. I highly recommend Hawks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely setting and good foodanonymousVIPDined on 9/23/2014Waiters were very helpful tuna tartare was delicious..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary DinnerMattDined on 9/21/2014We had the prix fix dinner on Sunday nights. It's $40 per person and well worth it. This is a great restaurant. The presentation was awesome and the food sublime. Service was excellent too.Special Features:
- Always EnjoyableRushfarmsDined on 9/18/2014I have enjoyed lunch at Hawks numerous times and I'm ALWAYS impressed with the food, service and atmosphere. You will not be disappointed. The flavors in the food are outstanding and the portions are perfect. Love this restaurant!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysLottobear1Dined on 9/16/2014We enjoyed our anniversary dinner at Hawks and had a lovely dining experience.Very consistent in their food prep and professional in their staff service!Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerWinoDanDined on 9/12/2014We arrived right at 7pm for our dinner reservation and were seated right away. The restaurant was busy and the noise level was up, but not intrusive. The Waite staff was excellent and kept things moving all evening. We decided on the sampler menu for both my wife and me. There were several delicious food morsels added to those listed on the menu. We decided not to do the wine recommendations as we had brought a bottle with us. Each course was absolutely delicious, we joked with our waiter that were going to lick the plates. We could not have asked for a nicer all-round experience to celebrate my wives birthday. She really appreciated my choice of Hawk's to celebrate her birthday and we both highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent special occasion lunchBefoodieVIPDined on 9/12/2014September 12, found out table of 5 each enjoying a different dish. Everyone was very happy. From the Blt to the heirloom tomato soup/grilled cheese, it was a hit. Fine wine list as well. Good service to bootSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014We had a lovely first experience at Hawks for my husbands birthday! The ambiance, service & food were outstanding & we cannot wait to go back! Love the Sunday Supper concept, & it is a fantastic deal given the scrumptious courses expertly prepared by chef extraordinaire Justin Green!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemBacchusIIDined on 9/6/2014A genuinely refined and luxurious experience from beginning to end. From the pleasant greeting from the hostess, friendly and knowledgeable service by the bartender, attentive but not pushy waiter, to the incredibly delectable dishes and perfect wine pairing, all of which makes for an unforgettable experience. Did I mention the food was seriously delicious?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost an all-starGottabyumDined on 9/5/2014Four of us dined for our daughters 40th birthday. We had a reservation and were seated immediately, which is rare. Two ordered the short ribs...delicious..one ordered pork chop..also very tasty. I ordered the Baramundi (fish) and was not impressed. It was salty and and a very small piece. Wouldn't order it again but definitely will return to Hawk's. BTW...our waiter was excellent. Also, it would be nice if there were a couple of wine offerings under the $68 mark, which was the least expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good to greatMattsEatsVIPDined on 9/5/2014No doubt Hawks has the potential to be one of the best dining experiences in N CA. Food and ambiance are top notch; every item on the menu I've ever tasted has been wonderful. But the reason I still can't put Hawks in the list of all-time "Greats" is their inconsistencies with service. Unfortunately the first time I dined at Hawks in 2008 I had one of the best waiters I'd ever experienced. Since then, no server has come close. Bar was set high and I've been underwhelmed since. My first waiter was connected molecularly to Molly's menu, and was so confident in his ability to understand the tastes of his customers. I trusted him to pick my courses and he delivered. To go from good to great, Hawks needs this type of service every single time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousNorCalDinerDined on 9/4/2014Food was excellent. Did the fixed price menu with wine pairings. Enjoyed every course.Special Features:
- ExcellentFoodie1Dined on 9/3/2014All foodies will love........................................Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing dining experience yet againHersheycrewVIPDined on 8/30/2014We dine at Hawks frequently, but this Saturday we brought some friends from out of town who were equally impressed with Hawks. At first, we were going to go with the tasting menu, but after having so many successful meals with our favorites, we decided to stick with those options and Hawks did NOT disappoint. This is the place to eat when your looking for stylish food and top notch service. Great experience per usual.Special Features:
- Very ExpensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/30/2014Great food with somewhat small portions and very expensive cocktails and wine.Special Features:
- ExpensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/26/2014Its a nice place with a neat patio. The food serving was very small, yet tasty. The service was great. The prices are very high for the content. It was worth trying, but i wont fork over that kind of $ to eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerlesliemooDined on 8/23/2014My husband and I dined at Hawk's recently for an anniversary dinner. Our server asked right away if we were there to celebrate a special occasion, and from the moment we answered "yes," she went above and beyond to make our meal at Hawk's a memorable one (though I suspect, had we answered "no," the experience would have been just as delightful). The food, the service, and the overall experience were incredible; we will definitely return. I highly recommend Hawk's for your next special occasion.Special Features: