5530 Douglas Blvd
Granite Bay, CA 95746Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.hawksrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9167916200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Dinner: Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Dinner: Sunday Supper (Please check website for prix fixe menu): 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Sunday Brunch: Second Sunday of Each Month: 10:30am - 1:30pm; Happy Hour: Tuesday - Friday: 2:30pm - 6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Fagnoni & Molly Hawks
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Hawks offers upscale, full service catering - Business and Residential. Whether providing a casual lunch for your office, or an elaborate catered event at your home, allow Hawks to cater your next event. Contact Ashley Martello at 916.791.6221 for further information.
- Private Party Facilities: Hawks restaurant is taking your culinary experience to the next level. We are now offering The Chef’s Table; a private, nine-course dinner designed exclusively for you and your guests. The meal achieves the highest in culinary practice, accompanied by unparalelled service in our elegant Pond Room.
- Private Party Contact: Ashley Martello or Molly Hawks 9167916221
- Special Events:
A word from Hawks
The rustic elegance of Hawks features a warm design of understated sophistication. The interior space reflects the serene earth tones found in the expansive pond views, with luxurious mohair and artisan wood work. The stylish patio centers around a reflecting pool and fire, with lounge-inspiring couches to enjoy the view. Chefs Michael Fagnoni and Molly Hawks craft Contemporary American Cuisine with traditional European technique.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerCalifornian
Hawks reviews from OpenTable diners
141 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (117)fit for foodies (96)romantic (79)neighborhood gem (60)notable wine list (52)great for outdoor dining (45)scenic view (31)great for lunch (26)good for groups (24)great for brunch (17)vibrant bar scene (14)hot spot (12)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Amazing dining experience yet againHersheycrewVIPDined on 8/30/2014We dine at Hawks frequently, but this Saturday we brought some friends from out of town who were equally impressed with Hawks. At first, we were going to go with the tasting menu, but after having so many successful meals with our favorites, we decided to stick with those options and Hawks did NOT disappoint. This is the place to eat when your looking for stylish food and top notch service. Great experience per usual.Special Features:
- Very ExpensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/30/2014Great food with somewhat small portions and very expensive cocktails and wine.Special Features:
- ExpensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/26/2014Its a nice place with a neat patio. The food serving was very small, yet tasty. The service was great. The prices are very high for the content. It was worth trying, but i wont fork over that kind of $ to eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerlesliemooDined on 8/23/2014My husband and I dined at Hawk's recently for an anniversary dinner. Our server asked right away if we were there to celebrate a special occasion, and from the moment we answered "yes," she went above and beyond to make our meal at Hawk's a memorable one (though I suspect, had we answered "no," the experience would have been just as delightful). The food, the service, and the overall experience were incredible; we will definitely return. I highly recommend Hawk's for your next special occasion.Special Features:
- JasnJeffJasnJeffDined on 8/22/2014We came here for my husband's birthday on a friend's recommendation. The caprese salad was so refreshing. Their shortribs are really their specialty. I haven't had anything like it until that night. It was absolutely delicious! The strawberry and lemongrass souffle didn't knock my socks off. We'll try the chocolate dessert next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was sub parOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014The food was a huge disappointment. For such a lovely atmosphere, my husband and I were quite disappointed in the food. We had made reservations at least 5 days in advance and were seated at a table by the kitchen. We asked to move and were accommodated; however I would have preferred that we didn't have to ask for a better table.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceEricFromRocklinDined on 8/15/2014Everything we ordered was excellent, and we especially enjoyed the corn soup and beef short rib.Special Features:
- nice night outtal53Dined on 8/15/2014The food was good to very good but nothing to rave about for either taste or value. The best thing we had was the Hawk's Bar for dessert which is highly recommended. The service was exceptional, a very knowledgeable waiter that could talk intelligently to both the menu and wine list. The ambience is about as good as it can get in a shopping center with no view to enhance the setting. I'd asked for a quiet table for two and was nicely accomodated in the back dining room where the noise level was less than half of that in the main dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, poor serviceTravellingGrandmaDined on 8/14/2014We were seated for almost 1/2 hour before our order was taken (and after we asked the hostess to find the waiter). We also had to request bread twice. Several tables that were seated after us received their food before we did. Our waiter did a disappearing act several other times later. On the plus side, my hamburger & fries were first-class. Though the description of my friends' meal was a bit misleading - something like wedge chicken salad - the chicken, prepared sous vide, was the best my friends had ever tasted. They expected a wedge of iceberg lettuce and were pleased to find gem lettuce instead. It was clear I what the "wedge" was. The Hawk Bar was enough for three; it was hard not to moan aloud when eating it. Fantastic!Special Features:
- Thuroughly enjoyed our visit!lovehawksDined on 8/14/2014Wait staff was wonderful and very attentive! Food both the lunch and dinner menu, out of this world! Ambiance and location perfect! Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/12/2014Everything was awesome. We travel a lot and this was one of our top favorites. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent OptionsunsetimeDined on 8/12/2014We added 4 more to our little group & dined here the following night as well because the food and service are always spot-on. I feel it's one of the only places in the Granite Bay/Roseville/Rocklin area that can be counted on for good food AND service. Plus, it's unique to the area so it makes it even nicer to take out-of-town guests to a place they cannot experience in their hometown.Special Features:
- Sunday BruncherikfDined on 8/10/2014Three courses for $30+$12 for bottomless mimosas..great deal! The food was wonderful. Sunday brunch @Hawks is a fixed menu. I started with the Lemon Cornmeal Pound Cake, Honey Mascarpone and Blueberry Compote. It was wonderful! The lemon shone through the light cake so well. Next I had Custard Baked French Toast,Summer Berries and Toasted Almonds,Whipped Honey Butter. I must say it was the best french toast I have ever had, it was really great and filling. For the desert course I had butterscotch crÈme caramel,Toasted Hazelnuts and Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Gelato which finished off a great meal well. One more note.....I enjoyed no less than 5 mimosas during this meal. They do not cheap out on the bottomless part like some places.Special Features:
- Something has ChangedMaryVIPDined on 8/6/2014Hawks is usually one of our favorites restaurants, but the past few times we've been the food has been off. For instance, I ordered the summer chopped vegetable salad, then the Branzino fish. The fish entrée was served with the exact same vegetable salad, only with the fish on top. Seems to be lots of the same thing happening on other dishes. This seems a bit lazy to me, rather than coming up with other sides to serve with the entrees. The fish was a bit overcooked too. Just seems like something has changed in the kitchen. Service is still way over the top though. We will give it another try, but wondering what's up these days.Special Features:
- Romantic DinnerCaptgtDined on 8/1/2014Everything was superb, service, food, atmosphere. The tasting menu was one of the best we have experienced. The wine pairings went well with the entrees.Special Features:
- Outstanding food!!EmdollerDined on 8/1/2014One of my favorites. Make sure to order the tasting menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/30/2014I had a great meal that also was perfect for my diet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hawk's soarsfunfoodieDined on 7/30/2014My wife and I have same birthday and we decided to celebrate at Hawk's with our daughter. It was my second time eating here. We were very tempted to try the tasting/wine pairing for the table but I had visions of braised short ribs dancing in my head from the prior visit so I elected to have it again. All I can say is run do not walk to get this fantastic short rib served over a sweet corn sauce/relish that complemented the rib expertly. The wife had the pork and my daughter had the duck confit, both great but the short rib was the star :-) Great wait person very knowledgeable who suggested we pair a chocolate/caramel martini with beignets dusted with cinnamon and served with a caramel sauce as a decadent end to a great meal....well played!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/27/2014went for chic sunday, 2 wings,2 thighs,2 drums, ?? no breast-white meat? disapointedI would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion GemSuziQDined on 7/24/2014We went to Hawk's for our anniversary, and everything was perfect. What I liked best is that the food was not the standard fare. I had the chicken and the skin was crispy and delicious (forget the calories), and for dessert I had the Hawks candy bar which was to die for. The caramel was yummy. The wine list was extensive and expensive, but worth every dime. Don't go here if you are on a budget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/22/2014Although staff was friendly & food great there was undue delay between courses & the fine house chard was not avai;lable for dining--only happy hour. Noisy for a Tuesday night.Special Features:
- Secluded Fine Dining in RosevilleDMGCLadiesDined on 7/22/2014Hawks Restaurant was quite a pleasant surprise. I had heard about this restaurant for quite awhile but could never really find it in Roseville. Recently, for a "girl's nite out", I decided to make a reservation for us to try it. The food was absolutely wonderful and the service was impeccable. It was a bit hard to find but once located a very enjoyable evening was had by my group. We'll definitely be going back...Special Features:
- No Menu BluesPurplebullDined on 7/20/2014When we booked the reservation, we did not know that it was a prix fixe menu. We stayed anyway, and it was delicious. However, we did not want that much food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpectedly sophisticatedKateDined on 7/18/2014Although Granite Bay is an undoubtedly affluent area, it was unexpected to find such big-city flavour in a quiet little town, far from the madding crowd!Special Features:
- Service supreme; food excellent!dine4uDined on 7/15/2014Two friends and I celebrated a belated birthday dinner at Hawks. Every minute was a delight. The service was impeccable, and the food met any expectations and more. Two of us had the Barramundi and the other chose the salmon. All of us were very pleased with our choice. Our favorite appetizer was the Buffalo mozzarella with grilled bread…..excellent. And the desserts were a challenge to decide, but the Hawks Bar and the Brioche Beignets won out. The waiter must have overheard our birthday conversation because I was surprised with a Happy Birthday message written in chocolate on my dessert plate with a small lighted birthday candle set in a scoop of ice cream. Obviously our choice for another night out!…..or more!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hawks with FriendsDinerVIPDined on 7/11/2014My wife and I have been to Hawks several times, and on this occasion we had another couple join us. I indicated that the noise level was energetic, but that was only true until we asked to be seated outside. It had been a very warm day so the restaurant had not set up its outdoor tables earlier, but by 7:00 pm the temperature was going down and it was quite comfortable. As has been true on our previous visits, the food was delicious, and prepared exactly right. Our friends were very impressed with both the quality of the food and the service we received. Our server was attentive without being intrusive, and was quite useful in helping us select menu items all the way through to desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- POOR SERVICE for lunchheidivesDined on 7/9/2014Brought business clients for lunch. I never had a 3 hour lunch. Server disappears, took over an hour to get lunch food. Horrible! Embarresed to keep clients that long. Will never go to lunch at Hawks againSpecial Features:
- DeliciousJoJoDined on 7/9/2014I took my parents to lunch here and everything was delicious! I had the seared ahi and it was fabulous. Service was good also.Special Features:
- granpadougDined on 7/8/2014I had the fish with a salad starter while my bride of 52 years had the short rib (house specialty). The food was very good but doesn't reach the outstanding category. The wine list is good but the prices for wine are as high as I have seen anywhere. I paid $15 for a small glass of the cheapest chardonnay.Special Features:
- Bay Area experience!sfvibeDined on 6/27/2014We are transplants from SF Bay Area and really love it here with the exception of restaurants. We have had no good (bay area) quality meals until we were told about Hawks. It was very good. The atmosphere is just not up to the quality of the food. All in all a very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!didimomoDined on 6/26/2014My husband and I go there each year for our wedding anniversary. Never disappointed...ever! We had the chef tastings menu and enjoyed every dish that was served to us. The steak was over the top delicious! Will definitely go again and have recommended it to all our friends.Special Features:
- mugipugiDined on 6/25/2014Hawks is our favorite restaurant in the Roseville/Granite Bay area including many well known restaurants such as Ruth Chris Steak House. The food is consistently excellent. We had a soufflé which did not require early ordering. The entrees were excellent, as usual, including delicious short ribs and ribeye steak.Special Features:
- DivinefoodieDined on 6/24/2014As always Hawks was a memorable dinning experience. My mother and I had a lovely time, my duck was perfectly cooked with a great crispy crust and tender and juicy meat. My mothers short ribs sauce was fantastic, just the right hint of sweetness. The staff at Hawks is always helpful and so friendly. Cocktails are some of the best I have ever had, inventive and fresh ingredients used all of the time. Love it all !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is fine, but not wine ?BaroloLoversDined on 6/20/2014We went to Hawks to celebrate a special occasion for the family, and brought two bottles of wine from our cellar. The food we ordered was prepared with quality presentation and timely delivery. However, two comments are worth mentioning: First, we asked for one of the bottles to be decanted when we were seated, and repeated the request to our server. Our server did not act upon the request so we had to ask a third time, which reduced the amount of time the wine was breathing before the main coursed arrived. Second, it was obvious that the server was polite but not able or interested in engaging us in conversation about the wine list. For good food in a beautiful setting, Hawks is ideal; the desserts were wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best aroundliv2eatDined on 6/17/2014Hawks just continues to get better. Hawks is very local to us so we tend to go there more than restaurants downtown. However food quality and service are our top priorities so we drive downtown as needed for the best food in the Sac area. Hawks is easily in the top three in Sac metro and can always be counted on for dining perfection. Menu tends to be a little limited and doesn't change very often or we would eat there exclusively. We drive another 40 minutes each way when we want to enjoy other menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's DayLeniDined on 6/15/2014Well I know it was Fathers Day, but children under the age of 2 were noisy and disruptive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic mealMiniCooprDined on 6/14/2014Great evening and a wonderful dinner. We had the 5 course tasting menu, so can't comment on the a la carte options. Every dish was a delight. Courses nicely paced, two great amuse bouche to start off, and an incredible dessert wine for the last as part of the wine pairing. Service excellent, ambiance pretty good considering this is in a (higher end) retail center in Granite Bay. We normally dine in midtown/downtown, but for a special dinner this was well worth the drive. We will return.Special Features:
- Awesome placeNickDined on 6/13/2014Great food, great service, a lil loud. But overall it was awesome .…Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!DCfoodieDined on 6/13/2014My wife and I went to Hawks for our 5 year wedding anniversary dinner. It was our first time eating here and it was seriously amazing! My wife and I both said it was the best food experience we've ever had. We had a drink at the bar while we waited for our table. The bartenders were very nice and made a great drink! Then we ordered gnocchi and corn soup to share as apps. They were both delicious. For dinner we both had steak and it was great. Finished it off with two amazing desserts to share. They both came out with "happy anniversary" on the plates in chocolate sauce. (I asked about this ahead of time) We had their hawks bar and the beignets with caramel sauce and they were both so good! Great way to end an amazing dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food in Granite BayMaryVIPDined on 6/10/2014When we want a great quality, high end dinner, we come to Hawk's.Special Features: