5530 Douglas Blvd
Granite Bay, CA 95746Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.hawksrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9167916200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Dinner: Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Dinner: Sunday Supper (Please check website for prix fixe menu): 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Sunday Brunch: Second Sunday of Each Month: 10:30am - 1:30pm; Happy Hour: Tuesday - Friday: 2:30pm - 6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Fagnoni & Molly Hawks
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Hawks offers upscale, full service catering - Business and Residential. Whether providing a casual lunch for your office, or an elaborate catered event at your home, allow Hawks to cater your next event. Contact Ashley Martello at 916.791.6221 for further information.
- Private Party Facilities: Hawks restaurant is taking your culinary experience to the next level. We are now offering The Chef’s Table; a private, nine-course dinner designed exclusively for you and your guests. The meal achieves the highest in culinary practice, accompanied by unparalelled service in our elegant Pond Room.
- Private Party Contact: Ashley Martello or Molly Hawks 9167916221
- Special Events:
A word from Hawks
The rustic elegance of Hawks features a warm design of understated sophistication. The interior space reflects the serene earth tones found in the expansive pond views, with luxurious mohair and artisan wood work. The stylish patio centers around a reflecting pool and fire, with lounge-inspiring couches to enjoy the view. Chefs Michael Fagnoni and Molly Hawks craft Contemporary American Cuisine with traditional European technique.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Hawks reviews from OpenTable diners
145 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (121)fit for foodies (108)romantic (79)neighborhood gem (65)notable wine list (57)great for outdoor dining (46)great for lunch (30)scenic view (28)good for groups (26)vibrant bar scene (16)great for brunch (12)hot spot (11)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Outstanding food; dynamic serviceCharBDined on 9/27/2014This is one of our favorite fine dining restaurants. Top notch service. Creative foods. Farm to fork.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always amazingHockeylvr2Dined on 9/26/2014As usual, everything was great.... from the friendly & professional service to the amazing food. Always enjoy the little extras that are brought out to try. Glad to have such a great place in the neighborhood (bonus w/o having to travel to Sac.) in where to go for our anniversary! Till next time :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite in the areaHNL4niteDined on 9/26/2014Whenever I am in the area I come to Hawks at least once and usually more. The atmosphere is elegant without being pretentious. The service is well orchestrated and thoughtful. The food is memorable. Especially the ahi tartare and the equisite desserts. Excellent crafted cocktails. A high-end well-run restaurant that isn't stuffy. Come here to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Experience5SpikesDined on 9/23/2014We went to dinner at Hawks midweek for a special occasion. On a Tuesday night, they were packed and we had to wait about 20 minutes after our reservation time. But it was worth the wait. The restaurant has a nice ambiance but is not quiet. The meals we had were excellent. The Caesar salad and lobster gnocchi that I had were bursting with favor and fabulous. My wife had the fresh tomato soup and chicken which was perfectly crispy on the outside yet tender and juicy inside. We topped it off with a shuffle and flight of Madeira. They have an extensive wine list and the service was great as well. I highly recommend Hawks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely setting and good foodanonymousVIPDined on 9/23/2014Waiters were very helpful tuna tartare was delicious..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary DinnerMattDined on 9/21/2014We had the prix fix dinner on Sunday nights. It's $40 per person and well worth it. This is a great restaurant. The presentation was awesome and the food sublime. Service was excellent too.Special Features:
- Always EnjoyableRushfarmsDined on 9/18/2014I have enjoyed lunch at Hawks numerous times and I'm ALWAYS impressed with the food, service and atmosphere. You will not be disappointed. The flavors in the food are outstanding and the portions are perfect. Love this restaurant!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysLottobear1Dined on 9/16/2014We enjoyed our anniversary dinner at Hawks and had a lovely dining experience.Very consistent in their food prep and professional in their staff service!Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerWinoDanDined on 9/12/2014We arrived right at 7pm for our dinner reservation and were seated right away. The restaurant was busy and the noise level was up, but not intrusive. The Waite staff was excellent and kept things moving all evening. We decided on the sampler menu for both my wife and me. There were several delicious food morsels added to those listed on the menu. We decided not to do the wine recommendations as we had brought a bottle with us. Each course was absolutely delicious, we joked with our waiter that were going to lick the plates. We could not have asked for a nicer all-round experience to celebrate my wives birthday. She really appreciated my choice of Hawk's to celebrate her birthday and we both highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent special occasion lunchBefoodieDined on 9/12/2014September 12, found out table of 5 each enjoying a different dish. Everyone was very happy. From the Blt to the heirloom tomato soup/grilled cheese, it was a hit. Fine wine list as well. Good service to bootSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014We had a lovely first experience at Hawks for my husbands birthday! The ambiance, service & food were outstanding & we cannot wait to go back! Love the Sunday Supper concept, & it is a fantastic deal given the scrumptious courses expertly prepared by chef extraordinaire Justin Green!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemBacchusIIDined on 9/6/2014A genuinely refined and luxurious experience from beginning to end. From the pleasant greeting from the hostess, friendly and knowledgeable service by the bartender, attentive but not pushy waiter, to the incredibly delectable dishes and perfect wine pairing, all of which makes for an unforgettable experience. Did I mention the food was seriously delicious?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost an all-starGottabyumDined on 9/5/2014Four of us dined for our daughters 40th birthday. We had a reservation and were seated immediately, which is rare. Two ordered the short ribs...delicious..one ordered pork chop..also very tasty. I ordered the Baramundi (fish) and was not impressed. It was salty and and a very small piece. Wouldn't order it again but definitely will return to Hawk's. BTW...our waiter was excellent. Also, it would be nice if there were a couple of wine offerings under the $68 mark, which was the least expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good to greatMattsEatsVIPDined on 9/5/2014No doubt Hawks has the potential to be one of the best dining experiences in N CA. Food and ambiance are top notch; every item on the menu I've ever tasted has been wonderful. But the reason I still can't put Hawks in the list of all-time "Greats" is their inconsistencies with service. Unfortunately the first time I dined at Hawks in 2008 I had one of the best waiters I'd ever experienced. Since then, no server has come close. Bar was set high and I've been underwhelmed since. My first waiter was connected molecularly to Molly's menu, and was so confident in his ability to understand the tastes of his customers. I trusted him to pick my courses and he delivered. To go from good to great, Hawks needs this type of service every single time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousNorCalDinerDined on 9/4/2014Food was excellent. Did the fixed price menu with wine pairings. Enjoyed every course.Special Features:
- ExcellentFoodie1Dined on 9/3/2014All foodies will love........................................Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing dining experience yet againHersheycrewVIPDined on 8/30/2014We dine at Hawks frequently, but this Saturday we brought some friends from out of town who were equally impressed with Hawks. At first, we were going to go with the tasting menu, but after having so many successful meals with our favorites, we decided to stick with those options and Hawks did NOT disappoint. This is the place to eat when your looking for stylish food and top notch service. Great experience per usual.Special Features:
- Very ExpensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/30/2014Great food with somewhat small portions and very expensive cocktails and wine.Special Features:
- ExpensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/26/2014Its a nice place with a neat patio. The food serving was very small, yet tasty. The service was great. The prices are very high for the content. It was worth trying, but i wont fork over that kind of $ to eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerlesliemooDined on 8/23/2014My husband and I dined at Hawk's recently for an anniversary dinner. Our server asked right away if we were there to celebrate a special occasion, and from the moment we answered "yes," she went above and beyond to make our meal at Hawk's a memorable one (though I suspect, had we answered "no," the experience would have been just as delightful). The food, the service, and the overall experience were incredible; we will definitely return. I highly recommend Hawk's for your next special occasion.Special Features:
- JasnJeffJasnJeffDined on 8/22/2014We came here for my husband's birthday on a friend's recommendation. The caprese salad was so refreshing. Their shortribs are really their specialty. I haven't had anything like it until that night. It was absolutely delicious! The strawberry and lemongrass souffle didn't knock my socks off. We'll try the chocolate dessert next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was sub parOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014The food was a huge disappointment. For such a lovely atmosphere, my husband and I were quite disappointed in the food. We had made reservations at least 5 days in advance and were seated at a table by the kitchen. We asked to move and were accommodated; however I would have preferred that we didn't have to ask for a better table.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceEricFromRocklinDined on 8/15/2014Everything we ordered was excellent, and we especially enjoyed the corn soup and beef short rib.Special Features:
- nice night outtal53Dined on 8/15/2014The food was good to very good but nothing to rave about for either taste or value. The best thing we had was the Hawk's Bar for dessert which is highly recommended. The service was exceptional, a very knowledgeable waiter that could talk intelligently to both the menu and wine list. The ambience is about as good as it can get in a shopping center with no view to enhance the setting. I'd asked for a quiet table for two and was nicely accomodated in the back dining room where the noise level was less than half of that in the main dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, poor serviceTravellingGrandmaDined on 8/14/2014We were seated for almost 1/2 hour before our order was taken (and after we asked the hostess to find the waiter). We also had to request bread twice. Several tables that were seated after us received their food before we did. Our waiter did a disappearing act several other times later. On the plus side, my hamburger & fries were first-class. Though the description of my friends' meal was a bit misleading - something like wedge chicken salad - the chicken, prepared sous vide, was the best my friends had ever tasted. They expected a wedge of iceberg lettuce and were pleased to find gem lettuce instead. It was clear I what the "wedge" was. The Hawk Bar was enough for three; it was hard not to moan aloud when eating it. Fantastic!Special Features:
- Thuroughly enjoyed our visit!lovehawksDined on 8/14/2014Wait staff was wonderful and very attentive! Food both the lunch and dinner menu, out of this world! Ambiance and location perfect! Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/12/2014Everything was awesome. We travel a lot and this was one of our top favorites. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent OptionsunsetimeDined on 8/12/2014We added 4 more to our little group & dined here the following night as well because the food and service are always spot-on. I feel it's one of the only places in the Granite Bay/Roseville/Rocklin area that can be counted on for good food AND service. Plus, it's unique to the area so it makes it even nicer to take out-of-town guests to a place they cannot experience in their hometown.Special Features:
- Sunday BruncherikfDined on 8/10/2014Three courses for $30+$12 for bottomless mimosas..great deal! The food was wonderful. Sunday brunch @Hawks is a fixed menu. I started with the Lemon Cornmeal Pound Cake, Honey Mascarpone and Blueberry Compote. It was wonderful! The lemon shone through the light cake so well. Next I had Custard Baked French Toast,Summer Berries and Toasted Almonds,Whipped Honey Butter. I must say it was the best french toast I have ever had, it was really great and filling. For the desert course I had butterscotch crÈme caramel,Toasted Hazelnuts and Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Gelato which finished off a great meal well. One more note.....I enjoyed no less than 5 mimosas during this meal. They do not cheap out on the bottomless part like some places.Special Features:
- Something has ChangedMaryVIPDined on 8/6/2014Hawks is usually one of our favorites restaurants, but the past few times we've been the food has been off. For instance, I ordered the summer chopped vegetable salad, then the Branzino fish. The fish entrée was served with the exact same vegetable salad, only with the fish on top. Seems to be lots of the same thing happening on other dishes. This seems a bit lazy to me, rather than coming up with other sides to serve with the entrees. The fish was a bit overcooked too. Just seems like something has changed in the kitchen. Service is still way over the top though. We will give it another try, but wondering what's up these days.Special Features:
- Romantic DinnerCaptgtDined on 8/1/2014Everything was superb, service, food, atmosphere. The tasting menu was one of the best we have experienced. The wine pairings went well with the entrees.Special Features:
- Outstanding food!!EmdollerDined on 8/1/2014One of my favorites. Make sure to order the tasting menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/30/2014I had a great meal that also was perfect for my diet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hawk's soarsfunfoodieDined on 7/30/2014My wife and I have same birthday and we decided to celebrate at Hawk's with our daughter. It was my second time eating here. We were very tempted to try the tasting/wine pairing for the table but I had visions of braised short ribs dancing in my head from the prior visit so I elected to have it again. All I can say is run do not walk to get this fantastic short rib served over a sweet corn sauce/relish that complemented the rib expertly. The wife had the pork and my daughter had the duck confit, both great but the short rib was the star :-) Great wait person very knowledgeable who suggested we pair a chocolate/caramel martini with beignets dusted with cinnamon and served with a caramel sauce as a decadent end to a great meal....well played!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/27/2014went for chic sunday, 2 wings,2 thighs,2 drums, ?? no breast-white meat? disapointedI would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion GemSuziQDined on 7/24/2014We went to Hawk's for our anniversary, and everything was perfect. What I liked best is that the food was not the standard fare. I had the chicken and the skin was crispy and delicious (forget the calories), and for dessert I had the Hawks candy bar which was to die for. The caramel was yummy. The wine list was extensive and expensive, but worth every dime. Don't go here if you are on a budget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/22/2014Although staff was friendly & food great there was undue delay between courses & the fine house chard was not avai;lable for dining--only happy hour. Noisy for a Tuesday night.Special Features:
- Secluded Fine Dining in RosevilleDMGCLadiesDined on 7/22/2014Hawks Restaurant was quite a pleasant surprise. I had heard about this restaurant for quite awhile but could never really find it in Roseville. Recently, for a "girl's nite out", I decided to make a reservation for us to try it. The food was absolutely wonderful and the service was impeccable. It was a bit hard to find but once located a very enjoyable evening was had by my group. We'll definitely be going back...Special Features:
- No Menu BluesPurplebullDined on 7/20/2014When we booked the reservation, we did not know that it was a prix fixe menu. We stayed anyway, and it was delicious. However, we did not want that much food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpectedly sophisticatedKateDined on 7/18/2014Although Granite Bay is an undoubtedly affluent area, it was unexpected to find such big-city flavour in a quiet little town, far from the madding crowd!Special Features: