Hawk n' Dove
329 Pennsylvania Avenue SE
Washington, DC 20003Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Hawk n' Dove
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://hawkndovedc.com/
- Phone: (202) 547-0030
- Hours of Operation:
Bluegrass Brunch: Sunday 10:00am - 4:00pm (live Bluegrass music most Sundays); Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: We focus on Capitol Hill events including fundraisers, corporate outings, wedding related events, celebrations and parties for the fun of it. Custom menus created by our Executive Chef and a full-time Events Concierge are all part of the package.
- Private Party Facilities: We have an entire upper floor that looks down on the main restaurant floor, it's own spectacular bar, with a separate sound system, availability for live music (one of only a few live permits on the Hill) and multiple flatscreens for events, meetings and celebrations.
- Private Party Contact: Carrie Westbrook 912-656-2393
- Entertainment: Bluegrass Brunch on Saturday, Sunday and Holidays. Large HD TV's for all sports, occasional live music, private parties and Capital Hill events are our specialty.
- Special Events: Funraisers, alumni events, Wedding rehearsal dinners; we have the room to host that special event, just steps from the Capital.
- Cross Street: Between SE 3rd St. and SE 4th St.
- Public Transit: Capital South Metro is 3 blocks north, with the Eastern Market station four blocks south (both serve the Blue and Orange lines). Green line, servicing the Stadium / Navy Yard is located 7 blocks to the east.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Parking for private events is possible at a facility across the street. Plenty of on-street parking is available on weekends and evenings.
A word from Hawk n' Dove
Hawk was the venerable meeting place where both sides of our brain got together, politically. Since 1969 the arguments ebbed & flowed, and eventually everyone just moved on to drinking and laughing together. The quintessential American "dive bar". The next chapter was a ground up 15 month renovation under new owners in 2013. 45 years later, we honor the tradition of the original ethos and, even late at night, "dive" to that legacy. Yet we think that the Hawk is ready to move on from "69... make our own mark...honor the past...make it ours. The menu looks to our heritage, and celebrates it with Real Food. Our food comes from farms and ranches that do it old school, like Mother Nature intended. We serve free range birds from Fredricksburg, as well as hormone and antibiotic free beef from Creekstone Farms. Great ingredients like Duroc Pork allow us serve up true American Pub fare that satisfies without the fuss. Luncheon, Supper and Live Bluegrass Brunch on Sunday.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos