2502 Algerian Way
Houston, TX 77098Neighborhood:
Upper Kirby / Shepherd Corridor
SouthernPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.havenhouston.com/
- Phone: 7135816101x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday-Friday LUNCH 11:00 - 4:00
Monday DINNER 4:00-9:00
Tuesday - Friday DINNER 4:00- 10:00
Saturday :DINNER 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Sunday: BRUNCH 11:00-2:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern, Contemporary Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Randy Evans
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We now offer a private room that seats up to 50 guests. Please come by and take a look to book your next event. We also offer catering in your home or place of business!
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining space can seat up to 50 guests, and with Randy Evans' seasonal menu, all of our private dining menus are custom-designed. We also have a covered patio for private events, as well as our bar space available for private parties.
- Private Party Contact: Cameron Eubank 7135816101
- Entertainment: Live music Sunday Brunch
- Special Events: Cooking Classes, Wine dinners, Beer Dinners, and Chef Tastings
A word from Haven
A restaurant concept that’s a first-of-its-kind for the nation’s fourth largest city; the “green building” design, created by Collaborative Projects, paired with Chef Randy Evans’ regional Texas cuisine. Evans delights diners with a farm-to-table menu of seasonal produce, artisan cheeses and meats sourced from Texas farmers. Gulf shrimp corn dogs, homegrown tomatoes with capriella mozzarella, deviled farm eggs, Texan wild boar chili, bacon spaetzle, free range chicken, all star on a seasonal, ever-changing menu that also pays homage to Lone Star favorites such as Akaushi steaks and Junior League-style desserts. For wine, the Haven team is focusing on boutique, hard-to-find bottles from around the globe at below market prices.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Haven reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (40)great for outdoor dining (28)special occasion (28)neighborhood gem (21)great for brunch (21)good for groups (18)great for lunch (16)notable wine list (13)romantic (12)hot spot (8)kid-friendly (7)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- ClosedbenjyVIPDined on 8/15/2014they are out of business!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- CLOSED!!!!!!!CLOSEDDined on 8/10/2014This restaurant is now closed!!!! No longer in business.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2014Ha! The restaurant called early Friday afternoon to say our Sunday brunch could not be offered because the restaurant had been sold! They offered to rebook at another one of their restaurants but we declined preferring to pick another menu. 51fifteen turned out to be a real treat!
- Restaurant is closed!AdreaDined on 8/6/2014Didn't dine here - someone called the day of my reservation to say Haven has closed. They need to be taken off restaurant weeks menu!
- bayoutigerOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/3/2014They sold the restaurant and I had to read about it in paper. Very disappointing as we love the place.
- Has been closedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/1/2014When we arrived the restaurant had been sold and was closed. Should have been noted on the website. Had to scramble to find another restaurant close by and hope we could still get in for lunch.
- AwesomeProudChefMommyDined on 7/27/2014The food at Haven is great and it does not matter what time of day you visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- homerhornDined on 7/27/2014This was our first time at Haven but won't be our last. The brunch was outstanding and both the lunch and dinner menus look equally tasty.Special Features:
- enjoyable visitsusieq77Dined on 7/25/2014menu very interesting!!!! Waiter very attentive.....food was very good.....chicken livers were overcooked but the shrimp corn dogs were awesome!!! thought the blackberry mai tai was very tasty but overpriced....$14.00 for a short glass......really???Special Features:
- Delicious with warmth and styleFoodiegirlDined on 7/24/2014Love the food. Great bread to start. The fried chicken was excellent, the rice was delicious and the seasoned veggies were mouth watering. Tip it off with the chocolate icebox pie.Special Features:
- Over priced and off temp foodEatoutallthetimeDined on 7/20/2014Went to the Brunch w 2 friends. All 3 of us had off temp food. As a realtor, I eat out every day. There are many better places to go eat. The food was ok at best... The brunch was not worth $100. The service on the other hand was fantastic! Jonathan was all one could wish for in a server.
- Great Southern BrunchRobbynJDined on 7/20/2014My husband and I really enjoyed everything that Haven had to offer on it brunch buffet. My husband couldn't stop eating the oysters. The eggs my way options were endless. The mini chicken and waffles were just the right size and delicious. Our waiter was very attentive. I will definitely come back for brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Even w/ discount, it's not worth itHappyHoustonianDined on 7/20/2014The setting is nice, but 3 musicians were playing just inside the front door and that set the tone for the meal. Normally, the high noise level would signal this is an energetic place with prompt service and rapid turnover. Visually, however, it feels like a more casual and relaxed venue where lingering is encouraged. During our visit, those competing visions were in obvious conflict. The buffet food selection was unimpressive and very limited; our server seemed poorly trained or disinterested (probably both), and it took 30 minutes to receive a mediocre and over-salted omelet. Although I barely touched my blackberry martini, he never asked if there was a problem or offered an alternative. Overall, not a good experience.
- Went for brunchChrissyDined on 7/20/2014I went for brunch with my husband, it was very nice but a bit pricy. Unfortunately, there is only valet parking which I truly hate and afterwards my car had brake problems. I'm not sure if this was a coinsidence, my feeling was they were rough with my car. They were also paying some live blues music. Would definitely go back but I'd try to find a parking place in the neighborhood and walk...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first experiencePaulydDined on 7/20/2014My wife and I were very impressed with the restaurant. The food was great the atmosphere and the service. While some were dressed up probably coming from church others were very casual and we didn't feel out of place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hjacksonDancerDined on 7/18/2014Fantastic restaurant, great food, terrific service. Looking forward to a return visit!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third visit not like the restLove2eatVIPDined on 7/17/2014It may have just been an off night but the food was average at best. We have dined at the haven twice before and to be honest it was excellent and we were looking foward to another meal. But this visit the lamb cheeks tasted oily and tasted like they were fried along with green tomatoes. The steak was 1/2 inch thick and was not tasty as it should have been for the price. The best thing we had was the Frito pie appetizer. That is a shame.
- Creative disheslucykDined on 7/14/2014Each dish was a special treat - a definite New Orleans style influence, the ingredients seemed fresh and put together with taste and thoughtfulness,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would not go againOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014There's very few selection of food there. I won't spend $20+ to eat there.
- Great after church Brunch spot!BasqueSoulDined on 7/13/2014We had a lovely brunch with good food and great service after church last Sunday. It was nice and quiet. I would recommend it!Special Features:
- A Haven for QualityAlainHarveyDined on 7/13/2014Outstanding meals begin with the highest quality ingredients. Haven's seasonal menu reflects its commitment to utilizing only the freshest, often locally available products to create not simply innovative dishes but a memorable dining experience. Through the inspired vision and exceptional talent of chef Randy Evans and Haven's sister establishment Cove Cold Bar's chef Philippe Gaston, both establishments shine, assuring their continued place among some of Houston's most notable dining establishments and showcasing what is possible when the very best ingredients and accomplished chefs come together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/13/2014Haven's Sunday brunch was a wonderful dining experience. We will return for brunch and bring friends. It was fun to have the opportunity to taste so many delicious dishes. The mimosas were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good findsaintsgrlVIPDined on 7/11/2014Although the restaurant was not the cozy romantic spot I was looking for, I must say that the food was amazing! Curtis, our waiter, was very knowledgeable and provided us with impeccable service! I probably wouldn't use this restaurant for a date night again, but would go back with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent venue for foodiessamt509Dined on 7/11/2014We had the fried chicken dish and it was by far the best fried chicken we ever had! The service was outstanding! Our server was attentive but not overbearing. Overall, this is an outstanding restaurant for all types of occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consisten good qualityEmmanuelVIPDined on 7/9/2014Chef Randy always delivers with delicious locally sourced products prepared in an innovative way. This is an attractive restaurant, and the service never disapoints either.Special Features:
- Creative menu, very fresh foodTexjagDined on 7/7/2014A very creative menu, food was amazingly fresh -- tomatoes tasted as though they had been picked minutes before arriving on our table. Seared grouper was great. Dessert menu had so many good choices it was hard to decide, and none disappointed. Great dining experience.Special Features:
- Birthday Hit!SandyDined on 7/5/2014For my birthday, we tried Haven for the first time. Our reservation was promptly honored, my quibble being that we were seated at a table directly in front of the entrance to a banquet room, so people were constantly opening and closing the sliding doors in back. There were several tables that remained empty for the entire evening so I am not sure why we were seated at such an undesirable table. I mentioned this to our waiter on our way out. On a more positive note, our waiter, Dan, was great. He suggested a good bottle of wine and was attentive without being overbearing. Our dinners were outstanding, including a delicious grouper with a jalapeno poundcake and a perfect flatiron steak. We'll be back, hopefully to sit at at better table!Special Features:
- Locally sourced foodOperaDevoteeDined on 7/5/2014Haven is a wonderful restaurant which incorporates a number of locally sourced food items in its menu. In addition to my most recent dinner there, I have attended special dinners hosted by Haven, usually for charitable purposes, including a dinner for HMNS a few weeks ago which celebrated pollination, with honey and items incorporating honey taking center stage. As for, my most recent visit, we started with a crawfish beignet, then I had a peach and arugala salad, and finished with a vegetarian main course with a ratatouille stuffed tomato, all of which were excellently prepared and presented. My spouse, daughter and son-in-law were equally pleased with their seafood and beef main courses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nom nomlnevadoDined on 6/29/2014Loved the seafood options in the buffet! Even though we arrived close to the time the buffet ends, the food was all fresh and any items that would empty got filled up right away. The bacon jam is to die for - don't miss it! Our server was very nice and the bottomless mimosas are perfect - not too juicy and not too strong.Special Features:
- I want to like this placeTexasAggie98VIPDined on 6/29/2014Unfortunately, this was our second trip to Haven, and the food still doesn't measure up. It is a great space, and the service is good, but the food leaves so much to be desired. There isn't a lot of taste, although the raw oysters were good, but they didn't have a lotto do with that. This was probably the last time we will go there.
- Food not so goodGoodtogoDined on 6/28/2014I had the "Dry" aged pork chop. Might be the worst pork chop I have out. Both prep and the quality of the cut were poor. Our party of 4 was not impressed and we will not be back.Special Features:
- JosieDined on 6/27/2014Great Birthday lunch place. The fried chicken blue plate special was divine!Special Features:
- Buffet brunch for $29OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/22/2014You might wince at the price but the thought of endless cinnamon rolls, friend chicken and waffles is enough to makes my mouth water. There's much more but those items alone will make me return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a very satisfying dinnerluv2dine888Dined on 6/21/2014a very satisfying dinner. my guests enjoyed their meal as well. however the waiter did not communicate our carnivore's preference for his steak to be rare and did not check the steak before serving it (it was returned and a rare steak was properly returned from kitchen).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Haven is awesome!Ev720Dined on 6/21/2014Great restaurant with creative food and great ambience. This place was recommended by some friends and we weren't disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cove is exciting alternativehoustonfoodieVIPDined on 6/20/2014Cold items from ceviche to cheeses to desserts are their forte, place is a little loud though being in a small space within the larger Haven.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Haven of deliciousnessFeedmepleaseDined on 6/19/2014I love Haven for drinks (on the patio or in the Cove bar). Lunch is always great - for business or for meeting girl friends. Dinner was lovely too. Really and truly every dish I've had here has been delicious. In a city where so many hot spots are over hyped, Haven is a consistent delight, yet forward thinking. The last dish I had there was seared tuna accompanied by the largest red juicy homegrown tomato I've had on a long time. It could make you slap your mamaw. The seafood is always fresh and the wine list is solid. Go enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go back.weeatsDined on 6/14/2014The ambiance was relaxing and refreshing for a dinner experience. The waitstaff was patient with my guest arrival times and questions. For it to be an open kitchen style dining there was minimal noise coming from the kitchen.Special Features:
- William K.avoidsloudplacesDined on 6/12/2014Haven is a great place to eat. The food is excellent and the service the same. I like the ambiance of the place and the fact that seating is far enough apart to carry on a decent conversation without having to raise your voice. I'll be back again for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meals were very blandOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/11/2014I was very disappointed in the bland food over lunch. Neither I nor my colleague enjoyed our meals. I felt bad for suggesting the lunch spot. I will not be returning or recommending.