HAVEN Riverfront Restaurant and Bar
2 Main St.
(Across from Home Goods) Edgewater Harbor
Edgewater, NJ 07020Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
HAVEN Riverfront Restaurant and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.havenedgewater.com/
- Phone: 2019431900x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Monday-Friday 11:30am-5pm
Dinner Sunday - Wednesday 5pm-10pm, Thursday 5pm-10:30pm, Friday -Saturday 5pm-11:30pm
Brunch Saturday-Sunday 11am-3pm
Limited Lunch Menu Saturday-Sunday 3pm-5pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Peter Larsen
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Ashley Perez 2019431900x
A word from HAVEN Riverfront Restaurant and Bar
Rated "Very Good" by the NY Times, located on the banks of the Hudson River in Edgewater, with a breathtaking view of the Manhattan skyline, HAVEN offers New Modern American cuisine to be savored in it's relaxing lounge, bar, dining room or outdoor terrace. Serving lunch, brunch and dinner. HAVEN offers 30% OFF Wine Wednesdays. A sunset 3 course prix fixe menu Mon-Fri 5pm-7pm as well as Happy Hour Mon-Fri 5pm-7pm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
HAVEN Riverfront Restaurant and Bar - Best Restaurants in Edgewater ›
HAVEN Riverfront Restaurant and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
158 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (126)great for outdoor dining (116)special occasion (84)romantic (79)fit for foodies (57)neighborhood gem (56)great for brunch (49)good for groups (43)notable wine list (31)hot spot (30)great for lunch (28)vibrant bar scene (18)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (8)Show More
- disappointingRichardVIPDined on 10/16/2014Add to the list another Hudson River view, expensive, mediocre restaurant. Having a prix fixe menu is a plus on the "gold cost" but that's where the happiness ends. The heirloom tomato salad, literally mush, with a few wrongly cut tomatoes, cherry tomatoes (?!) topped with blue cheese dressing was our entree to mediocrity. A great view, sadly not complimented by our meal.
- Wonderful dinner for 6!!!KenBVIPDined on 10/5/2014Although my wife and I frequently dine at Haven, this time she took 5 of her girlfriends to celebrate one's birthday. They had the usual wonderful dining experience and all left promising to return very soon. The food, service, hospitality, and atmosphere just can't be beat!!!Special Features:
- MayritaDined on 10/4/2014Great Restaurant... The food is good & the view is beautiful!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service that truly cares about usIamAfoodieDined on 9/28/2014We had scallops for appetizer, it's good but not great. Hubby had the lamb & I the fluke (recommended by our waiter). The lamb was good. As for the fluke, I wasn't thrilled, just a regular fish. But the mushroom & spicy sauce were amazing. When the waiter asked how our food was, I said I probably would have liked the Chilean sea bass better. He offered to change my order. I said, no it's ok. 10 min later, they brought the Chilean sea bass on the house. I felt bad bc I didn't want to cost them money. We didn't want dessert either as we were full but the waiter insisted bc it's our anniversary (it was complimentary). The choc mousse had a candle on it :) They really went above & beyond to make this the best dining experience that we ever had!Special Features:
- Friendly serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2014The wait staff was very nice and let us take our time. Never felt rushed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Sunday BrunchKenBVIPDined on 9/28/2014My wife and I took two of our best friends for the Sunday Brunch at Haven. It was a wonderful experience. The $24 price fixed menu with two drinks can't be beat...because the menu choices are so varied and numerous, the food is great, and the bloody marys are the best ever. We'll be back very soon...with new friends or just by ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoisLanieDined on 9/27/2014Haven is my favorite restaurant. Myself, my husband and our good friends all celebrated our birthdays ( within a week of each other) there and it was petfect. We were seated at a window table with magical views of the nighttime NYC skyline. The staff is friendly, helpful and ready to make your dining experience memorable. The menu is unique and delicious. We lingered over cocktails and were never rushed into ordering. It was a perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LiliDined on 9/27/2014The food was amazing. Enjoyed everything especially the Salted Carmel Ice Cream Sundae. Perfect ending to a perfect meal. Service was warm and friendly.Special Features:
- Awesome viewWavewatcherVIPDined on 9/27/2014Dine on the deck overlooking Manhattan. It is a million dollar view. But although the chef has aspirations, the food is only so-so. Keep it simple and order a hamburger or a sandwich.Special Features:
- Great Find!KDAADined on 9/27/2014Haven was recommended by a co-worker who lives locally and we were not disappointed! We went on the early side for dinner on a Saturday night...The views of Manhattan across the river were fun from the outside patio seating. (Although there is some less appealing construction presently on one side of the building, it's not a reason to stay away.) The interior was new and very attractive and the food and service were great. Dwight, our server, was lively and very attentive which always makes for a successful evening. Even the music was fun. And the menu provides something for everyone, from an elegant three course meal to just an innovative sandwich with fries. All in all it was a great place...even has valet parking available.Special Features:
- A bit disappointedsradmdDined on 9/20/2014I reserve a table several days in advance to this Saturday evening's dinner at the Haven in Edgewater. At the time all scheduled dinner times were available indicating to me that space was available. I requested a seat by the window considering the restaurant has a fantastic view of the Manhattan skyline. When I checked my reservation two days later there were no tables available at any time two hours before my reserved time and no tables for an hour and a half after my reserved time. I was very happy that I reserved early enough. I was disappointed in the fact that we were a considerable distance from the requested window seat. The restaurant itself has great food, a fairly good wine list and cocktail list. No complaints in those areas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Complete DisappointmentMarkMDined on 9/19/2014We headed over here with a 10pm reservation. We were seated immediately and it wasn't crowded at all. Decor seems way off (upscape diner?) We opted to start with the oysters that had three varieties of oysters. It was delicious. The downside was that they attempted to clear the plates four different times while we were eating. We each ordered a dinner salad and asked they be split so we could share. They were definitely lack luster. For dessert we had the apple pie (it's more of a diced apple than traditional pie) one of us loved and the other not as much. We then proceeded to wait almost an hour for a check while our waiter picked up menus, cleared votive candles, and cleaned. It took a complaint to finally get a check.Special Features:
- A fine restaurant in Edgewater.AuntBossyVIPDined on 9/15/2014The food is remarkable. The chef is talented and incredibly creative. (A goat cheese, avocado, radish, egg sandwich to die for?) The service is spectacular. Elizabeth, Santi, Dwight, and the other fellow whose name escapes me -forgive me - are just the best, and I am a fanatic about service. What a great addition to Edgewater.Special Features:
- LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014Went for lunch but, there wasn't enough choices of menu for lunch.Special Features:
- Good Brunch locationTovaVIPDined on 9/14/2014Second visit, this time brunch. The menu is price fix, very limited. You will not find your "average items", which was a problem since we had older individuals and small children.Special Features:
- Beautiful restaurant & viewDinesalotDined on 9/13/2014Excellent overall, Beautiful Decor, killer view Great outdoor dinning. Please expand Menu. Plenty of parking . Convenient location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food. great view.ChristineIsPinkVIPDined on 9/13/2014Went for brunch. Ordered crab cake sandwich, beef sandwich, and healthy eggs benedict. Everything was just delicious and our plates were licked clean. The cocktails were good. we loved the bread pudding and panna cotta. both were very good - if the sauces weren't the perfect match. the service was a bit hands off but we got everything we requested in short order. we went on a rainy and gray day so didn't take advantage of the outdoor seating but still had a great open view of the ny skyline - I imagine it's even more dramatic at night. really excited to go back and try the dinner.Special Features:
- Good food and view.LarryVIPDined on 9/7/2014The restaurant is overlooking the Hudson and Manhattan with a terrific view. Try to reserve an outside table if the weather is good (requires a call - can't do it through Open Table). Food is very nicely done. We had the tomato salad and duck; both were delicious. Service is relaxed; this is not a place you want to rush through. Wines are $10 and up per glass - a tad higher than we usually expect. There is a $5 valet parking service, but it's not required. The restaurant has a lot down the block where you can park yourself (no charge). Beware! THE OPEN TABLE MAP LOCATION IS INCORRECT!! It put's this place in Ft. Lee, over a mile away. Google Maps has it about right.Special Features:
- Consistently great!RaphyDined on 9/6/2014WE have been visiting here pretty often over the past year or so and the food and service are consistently great. The place and view are absolutely beautiful!Special Features:
- Loved it!MoniDined on 9/6/2014Haven was amazing! Everyone was so friendly and the food and drinks are delicious! I had a cucumber refresh cocktail, my friend and I ended up having many of them because they are so good. The food was so well prepared, we were very impressed. Our server was a sweetheart. And the view... Aaah the view was so beautiful, we. Watched the sunset outside. We loved it. The price is great for what they offer :) I'll definately recommend it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice dinnerLizzie71VIPDined on 9/6/2014Overall I would say the experience was pretty good. It was my second time dining there. The appetizer portions are a bit small but tasty. I had the hanger steak. It was enjoyable. Good service. I think the food was pretty good, not amazing but it could be...slightly overpriced for the quality of food but I would still go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unruly patrons!!BeaWNYDined on 9/5/2014if not for the table of 6 loud and obnoxious women that sat in the middle of the dining room, it would have been an enjoyable evening! The kitchen needs some tweaking. The bread was stale and my guest's salad was OVERDRESSED. Love the style of the restaurant; the decor and of course the view. The servers were pleasant yet somewhat distracted. I will return - had been there before for brunch and loved it. Hope venue continues to improve and flourish.Special Features:
- Service was horribleFridayniteoutDined on 9/5/2014Took forever to get served. Food was not great . Save your money go elsewhereSpecial Features:
- Anniversary DinnercesgDined on 9/4/2014My husband and I dined here for our anniversary. They treated us to a complimentary glass of champagne. We sat outside and enjoyed a lovely view of Manhattan. We ordered the oyster tasting and grilled octopus-both were delicious. I had the Miso Glazed Chilean Sea Bass and my husband had the Crispy Moroccan Monkfish. Both were outstanding. For dessert we shared the Salted Caramel Ice Cream Sundae-perfect ending for a perfect dinner!! Service was impeccable. Will definitely return and recommend to others.Special Features:
- What a view! And great food tooMaryBDined on 9/3/2014The food and service were both terrific. Add in a million dollar view of NYC and you couldn't ask for more! I would recommend Haven to anyone for any occasion.Special Features:
- my experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014I went to brunch with my husband and the food was not all that great. The waiters and the gentlemen pouring the water were very pleasant. We ordered steak and eggs. The steak was burnt. The home fries were overcooked and mush the best thing on my plate the scrambled eggs that I added salt to. I wouldn't want to go back.Special Features:
- Dinner at HavenJSWEETDined on 8/30/2014I thought the food was OKAY, we were on a date and the scallops came out cold and the waitress was not there when we needed wine. The food was NOT as good as it should be for a place like that. Maybe in time.Special Features:
- LUCILLE & FRANKfrankVIPDined on 8/30/2014TOOK A LONG TIME TO GET OUR 1ST DRINK, 1/2 WAY THROUGH DINNER ORDERED 2ND ROUND OF DRINKS, NEVER CAME. FINISHED DINNER ASKED FOR OUR SERVER, NASER, TOLD HIM TO FORGET THE DRINKS WE DIDN'T GET, ORDERED TWO COFFEES AND ONE APPLE PIE. IN ABOUT 20 MINUTES MY WIFE'S COFFEE CAME, BUT NOT MY COFFEE AND APPLE PIE, AS MY WIFE FINISHED HER COFFEE, MY APPLE PIE CAME BUT NOT MY COFFEE, TOLD SERVER TO TAKE IT BACK AS WE WERE READY TO LEAVE AND TO HAVE NASER GIVE ME THE BILL. IN ABOUT 15 MINUTES HE CAME WITH THE BILL. VERY DISAPPOINTED, WILL NOT GO BACK, ITS A SHAME AS THE FOOD WAS GOOD AND THE LOCATION IS VERY NICE, BUT THER SERVICE NOT GOOD AT ALL.Special Features:
- MikeRDined on 8/30/2014Ambiance is complimentary to the riverfront location. The staff is friendly and service oriented. The food is good but served barely warm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic find!KateydidDined on 8/30/2014First let me say that the address on the website is incorrect- the restaurant is on main st not river road. But anyway, Dwight out server was friendly and fantastic. Food and wine were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbSuperbDined on 8/29/2014One of the best restaurants I've been to in most recent times. Food was great. View was great. Restaurant was clean, calm, top notch! Highly recommendable. Will definitely be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Views, views, viewsTricia01Dined on 8/24/2014We have had brunch here on many occasions, the service is always good, as is the food. When the weather is nice and you can sit and enjoy the views from the terrace, it is very special. We haven't had dinner there but would certainly not hesitate to recommend the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Haven Riverfront-Super!BergenEaterVIPDined on 8/23/2014This is a gem on the Hudson. Not only is the view outstanding, the food and service are excellent.. Add tot that a varied wine and cocktail list and you have the perfect spot for a romantic evening under the stars. I would recommend it to all my friends.Special Features:
- Excellent location, food, serviceGreatDined on 8/23/2014This is a well located restaurant, a little hard to find with GPS. Great view of the Manhattan skyline with outdoor seating Service was excellent as was the foodSpecial Features:
- Awesome GemdarenjgirlDined on 8/23/2014Tucked away on the water and even offered valet parking. Greeted quickly and with big smiles and seated right away. We thought it was going to rain so initially sat inside but quickly relocated outside when it cleared up. I put the noise level moderate, while comfortable outside it was getting loud from just one table of women inside so I'm sure it could've probably gotten to an unbearable level with more people but not sure. We thought it would be small "NYC portions" so we ordered an appetizer. The portions exceeded expectations and we were full fast. Saved some for later so we could try the panna cotta and bread pudding which were both excellent, perfect texture on two dishes that are hit or miss. Upscale decor, feel and treatment.Special Features:
- Very Romantic!AngelsDined on 8/17/2014The view is breathtaking both outdoors and indoors. The food was cooked to perfection! The calamari, risotto and steak were delicious. The waiter was very cordial. He even offered us a taste of the wine before purchasing. A very romantic place suitable for a special ocassion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect eveningMerryVIPDined on 8/16/2014We celebrated our friends' twenty-fifth anniversary on Friday night at Haven. We had a wonderful time. The food was outstanding and the wine was amazing! The view is breathtaking. And the service was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014It was ok. It was a Friday night and we thought we had plenty of time. Around 11... We felt rushed. Scene is pretty. Good is solid.Special Features:
- Haven Riverfront is a haven!LilacDined on 8/15/2014Very welcoming staff brings you to your table offering gorgeous views of upper Manhattan in a modern, sleek dinning room. Outdoor seating available weather permitting. The food is fresh, creative and delicious. I particularly liked the citrus shrimp salad. The only flaw was a way-too-sweet salted caramel ice cream sundae. It's a pricey menu, but certainly worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Great SpotSkipVIPDined on 8/15/2014Views were fantastic, Food was very good and wine was very reasonable. I would recommend having lunch/ dinner outdoors to capitalize on the viewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.