1441 Dresden Drive Suite 160
Atlanta, GA 30319Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.havenrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (404) 969-0700
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 2:30pm Dinner: Sunday, Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Stephen Herman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: HAVEN can help you plan your special party. Our chefs can create special menus for your special occasion.
- Entertainment: HAVEN features live music on the patio each Thursday night. Enjoy the sounds of local trio Gross, Hill and Callahan throughout the spring.
- Cross Street: Appalachee
- Public Transit: Located 1/2 mile from the Brookhaven MARTA line with sidewalks that deliver you down Dresden Drive to the restaurant.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Enter the main entrance of Village Park place at Brookhaven and our team of valets will graciously handle your vehicle.
A word from Haven Restaurant
HAVEN is an upscale eatery set in a loft with exposed brick walls, warm pecky cypress woods and soft amber lighting. The cuisine is modern American influenced by French, continental and hints of new southern. HAVEN has enjoyed remarkable success during the past seven years. Voted a top ten restaurant for six years straight, HAVEN has become quite the Atlanta destination. Haven is located in the heart of Brookhaven in the wonderfully charming Village Park Place development. The restaurant is nestled in a popular historical neighborhood one mile north of Buckhead.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Haven Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Buckhead ›
Haven Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
103 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (82)fit for foodies (62)great for outdoor dining (57)special occasion (38)great for brunch (30)romantic (29)good for groups (23)hot spot (22)notable wine list (17)vibrant bar scene (14)kid-friendly (7)great for lunch (6)scenic view (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- jbethDined on 11/22/2014Food and service were outstanding. However, the tables are so close together you bump into your "neighbor" constantly and the noise level is so high due to being so stuffed in. If going for the food ...can't beat it. Not for a calm or quiet meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The burger is excellent but...ChloeDined on 11/18/2014...the "as is" mandate is annoyingly rigid. For instance, one guest who doesn't eat bacon asked that the swine be removed from his order, but the server insisted that the burger must be served "as is". No exceptions. Had the guest asked for a discount, I could understand, but all he asked for was that bacon not be included in his order. Sure enough, the burger arrived with the bacon on the burger. Look, I love bacon, but I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that some guests might not. If those guests are paying full price regardless, I think it's a little ridiculous not to accommodate their request to simply remove it from the order. Otherwise, the Tuesday beer/ wine and burger deal -- with bacon, of course -- is worth it. Service is efficient, and I also enjoyed the ambiance. Noise is a factor, though. Overall, great spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time and food, but..KindoneVIPDined on 11/15/2014I brought my girlfriend, brother and his wife out on a Saturday night to let them experience Brookhaven. Haven is a great place that I've been about 6 times. The food was amazing as usual and the atmosphere is great. Then only problem this visit was our waiter. He was slow, unattentuce, hard to understand, and generally didn't seem to care. When you spend $250 for dinner for 4, you expect the waiter to at least pretend to be friendly. I'll be back bc Haven is great. If I see this lame waiter again, I'll ask for one of their pro's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemLoreoDined on 11/14/2014haven is consistently good. Food is creative and always delicious. Service is excellent and there is an ample wine selection. Always a safe bet if you have a group. Something for everyone. I love that this little gem is so close to home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loveATLdiningVIPDined on 11/12/2014we love haven and valenza - always a treat. kinda wish they would change the menus or add some specials from time to time more than just one here and there. those items have been on the menu ONE LONG TIME! guess many feel this way since so many folks keep coming back like us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DELICIOUS!enjoymydiningoutVIPDined on 11/9/2014Was in Atlanta on business and spent the weekend. After looking over the Open Table reviews did make a reservation here. The foot was mostly fabulous. The only disappointment was the oyster small plate/appetizer. Otherwise everything else was delicious! Would love to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious BrunchBonBonDined on 11/9/2014We recently had a lovely brunch at Haven. I had made reservations for a group of six to arrive at 10:45am. Two of us were a little early and we were seated at our table immediately. The waiter brought water and juice while we waited for the rest of the party and was attentive, but not hovering, throughout the meal. The food was very good. I had the steak and eggs. The steak was very tender and was cooked exactly as ordered. Everyone at the table enjoyed their meals, ranging from French toast to corned beef hash to biscuits and gravy.Special Features:
- KG143Dined on 11/1/2014Scallop dish was fabulous!!! Love the wine list... always a great time and always great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phenomenal food and atmosphereTufshuzDined on 11/1/2014The seasonal emphasis in the menu is impressive and delicious. Our oyster starter was amazing and my porkchop (with Brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes and other fall flavors) was juicy and oh so delicious. The natural woods and candlelight make Haven an ideal location for a place to celebrate a special occasion...along with the hip location makes a walk for after dinner drinks fun and easy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful service.CurlsDined on 10/26/2014Went for brunch on a Sunday. The weather was perfect for patio dining. Service was wonderful. Had to wait a bit longer than expected but I blame the group of 20 that was ahead of us. Still, the food was really good. The French toast was highly enjoyed as was the frittata. Would definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First experience at HavennativeatlantagirlDined on 10/21/2014I had heard wonderful things about the food at Haven. I went there with 3 friends for a birthday celebration and while the restaurant atmosphere is really nice and the service very good, I was not too thrilled with my entree. It was all vegetable and I thought that this restaurant would excell in that department. The flavors really didn't blend together very well. One friend ordered a different veggie dish and wasn't impressed either. However, my other two friends were very pleased with their selections, one had steak and the other had lamb. So maybe its best to stick to meats and forgo the veggies. The dessrt (ice cream with donuts) was outstanding though as well as the potato sticks appetizer!Special Features:
- TheGeneralVIPDined on 10/16/2014Each Thursday night, our neighborhood crew walks up and sits on the patio - What a treat for our neighborhood for GREAT food and GREAT MUSIC by Tom Grose........one of the best guys in music in the country (a TRUE Atlanta institution) The food is fine, the weather is always great in the sunny south and the music can't be beat! A REAL Treat to eat and drink with friends and family. We brought some friends from out of town again and spoke with Michael at our table, the WISH they had a place like this up in NY/CT but they just don't have hospitality like we do down south! ................. Sent from my Huckleberry (it's a Southern thing)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE!!!!AmalDined on 10/15/2014Haven is my new favorite spot in Brookhaven. It's a mix of all my faves: fine wine, patio with christmas lights, and fried oysters. LOVE LOVE LOVE the staff also! The owner is an amazing guy and the bartenders are very fun.Special Features:
- We love this place!GeorgiaGirlDined on 10/11/2014We always look forward to dining at The Haven Restaurant. You can count on the quality, presentation and service. We appreciate the seasonal items that change on the menu. Can't wait for our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A winnerkibtsDined on 10/11/2014Lovely experience. We drove to Haven from Roswell so had expectations for a memorable experience. Haven did not disappoint. This was a birthday celebration and there were 4 of us. The menu had a good mix of "safe" dishes for the less adventurous and some chef-inspired items for those more willing to try something unique. The food was outstanding and reasonably priced considering the high quality ingredients and skilled preparation. The server, although friendly, knowledgeable and competent, seemed to be off in a hurry most of the time. Our friend ordered a Manhattan and raved about the house-aged rye. We plan to return to Haven.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightBenitoDined on 10/8/2014I had a lovely time here on a date. The restaurant is romantic and quiet. We had a great server who was friendly and helpful. The food was very good! A bit pricey but well worth it. I would recommend Haven to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A really pleasant brunchDaceyDVIPDined on 10/5/2014Peaceful and yummy. Standard brunch fare, well-executed. Look forward to coming back for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday celebrationTheresaDined on 10/5/2014The best part of the brunch was the surprise, delicious birthday dessert. It made the birthday girl feel special. Our family has dined there many times with the security of good food and service.Special Features:
- Haven Restaurant is heavenly!ScarletDined on 10/3/2014I was given a gift card for Haven, and used it to invite some friends for a dinner. We were delighted with the quality of the selections and the ambience of this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu is uniquepindDined on 10/3/2014Very good food and service! Enjoyed dinner this past Friday night, a business dinner. People visiting from Boston area, they loved the take on southern food,but upscale!Special Features:
- a Haven in my neighborhoodTheGeneralVIPDined on 10/2/2014The Thursday night crew walked up yet again from the neighborhood and sat on the patio - What a treat for our neighborhood for GREAT food and GREAT MUSIC by Tom Grose........one of the best guys in music in the country (a TRUE Atlanta institution) The food is fine, the weather is always great in the sunny south and the music can't be beat! A REAL TreatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointsAddicted2HavenDined on 9/26/2014Haven is one of my go-to places around Atlanta. The staff is always very attentive and the food is always on point. The menu has changed slightly since the last time I visited and they've expanded their steak choices. It can be a little loud at times but it was a Friday night so it's to be expected. We had reservations for 8 p.m., arrived at 7:50 p.m. and we were seated immediately on a busy night. I cannot get enough of this restaurant. It always lives up to expectations and I go back as often as possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, lots of fun!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/25/2014We went with a group and they accomedated for to our needs wonderfully! We always like to do family style and you could tell that was new to the waitress but she made it work. We ordered all the great things, haystack, pork, tortellini and awesome wine! We had a great time and the service was wonderful. Next time we want to sit outside!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice brunchATCSCSDined on 9/21/2014Went here for Sunday brunch and it was great. A small menu but very good food. Lively restaurant with lots of conversation, good food and nice service.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceDinOut2Dined on 9/18/2014We had a small farewell dinner for two close friends and the experience for everyone was very enjoyable. We picked Thursday night with a table on their totally elegant patio, and had a pleasant surprise as a great three piece band was playing. We had dinner and brunch before at The Haven and continue to completely enjoy the experience. All aspects are excellent. The grilled pork chop was the best chop I have every had, and others in the party order the salmon which was excellent as well. Great eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CalmingfoodieVIPDined on 9/9/2014Food was good as always. First "hay" dish was cold so got a new stack that was hot and yummy.Special Features:
- Havens, a Brookhaven' gemSuSuDined on 9/7/2014My husband and I had dined at Havens before and though the food was good found it very noisy so when our adult daughter selected Haven as the restaurant in which to celebrate her birthday, we didn't have high expectations we were wrong! They seated us in a very large comfortable booth for our party of 5 and it was very easy to hear our table conversations. The food was delicious and the server brought out a wonderful dessert and ice cream for the birthday girl. She seemed relieved to have the cute candle on the plate instead of a server singing. DEFINITELY was a good choice and we will go back to HavensSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious brunchGailVIPDined on 9/7/2014Great service, good food-- adequate brunch menu! Nice way to spend Sunday brunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Don't Want You KnowubetchaVIPDined on 8/28/2014Just how great Haven is because we might not be able to get a reservation. Gordon is the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return tripbPofDuluthDined on 8/26/2014A bit pricey, but the food was excellent. Service was exceptional. Kind of difficult to carry on a conversation due to the high noise level (vibrant bar scene).Special Features:
- Enjoyable experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/24/2014Took business clients to this neighborhood restaurant instead of the 'usual' Buckhead eateries. Very happy with choice, hay stack as appetizer was a big hit, great seasonal tomatoes as salad was outstanding, dinner entrees were bone in rib-eye, filet ( a little pricey), but very good, outstanding trout and pork chop - both well presenting and equally tasty. For dessert table shared blueberry and peach dishes both finished the meal with success.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindAtlantagirl1985Dined on 8/15/2014The menu is interesting and the food was very good. Service was great and timely. We didn't feel rushed. We will make this one of our regular stops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy break for burger nightfoodieVIPDined on 8/12/2014The special burger night was great after 8 days of lobster in Maine. The corn pudding appetizer was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The DOWNPOUR "Save"TheGeneralVIPDined on 8/7/2014The Thursday night crew all walked up from the neighborhood and as we sat on the patio - the sky opened up! The staff did a great job (sans closing the umbrellas to keep them from flying around and tipping over) in getting everyone a table.... We ended up with many of our friends from the hood at Valenza (just a few steps down) as we "walked between the raindrops back to their door" (Donald Fagan reference)... What a treat for our neighborhood for GREAT food and Michael's "ear" to keep one of the best guys in music in the country (a TRUE Atlanta institution is Tom Grose) *Tom, we just hope your equipment made it through all that rain!!!) The food is fine, the weather is NORMALLY great and the music can't be beat! A REAL Treat (sans water)!Special Features:
- Yum!BrookhavenladyDined on 8/5/2014The Haven burger was really good! Too bad they only serve it on Tuesday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Sunday DinnerNewATLFoodieDined on 8/3/2014We had the salmon and lamb. They were both amazing. The portion sizes were perfect and the presentation very nice. Overall great meal and great atmosphere.Special Features:
- Anniversary celebrationfoodlover123Dined on 8/2/2014We went with another couple to celebrate our mutual anniversaries. Delicious food-we had the chicken special and the beef filet. All were excellent. Sides were really good too. We even got a desserts on the house to celebrate our anniversaries! Great touch!Special Features:
- annie68Dined on 8/2/2014My friends and I enjoyed the food immensely. It was good. However, the noise level was deafening. We could not talk without shouting. We could not understand our waitress when she was speaking. The tables are so close together that you can hardly get out. The women's restroom had only one toilet so the line was very long. There are many places like the Haven, for instance Murphy's, Brio, The Palm, etc. so for the same $100 for two we can go someplace else.
- What a GREAT neighborhood spot!CathyDined on 7/29/2014The menu, wine list and specials are top knotch. Excellent service staff. We had a small buiness group and sat inside, but the patio looked like a great spot for a casual gathering or just for eating al fresco. Will definitely return when we're back in Atlanta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite placesLoreoDined on 7/29/2014Haven is one of those neighborhood gems that you always wished you lived close to. Fortunately for me, I do, and I frequent it often! It is definitely foodie enough for a romantic dinner with great wine and plenty of ambiance, and casual enough for you to pull up a stool at the bar and start chatting with whomever is next to you. Very helpful and friendly staff as well as some neighborhood 'regulars' that always make you feel welcome. 'Burger night' on Tuesdays is a must try and a really great deal. Thursdays are for live music...fantastic band and a lot of fun.Special Features:
- The following 781 reviews are from the Haven Restaurant reviews archive.