1441 Dresden Drive Suite 160
Atlanta, GA 30319Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.havenrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4049690700
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 2:30pm Dinner: Sunday, Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Stephen Herman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: HAVEN can help you plan your special party. Our chefs can create special menus for your special occasion.
- Entertainment: HAVEN features live music on the patio each Thursday night. Enjoy the sounds of local trio Gross, Hill and Callahan throughout the spring.
- Cross Street: Appalachee
- Public Transit: Located 1/2 mile from the Brookhaven MARTA line with sidewalks that deliver you down Dresden Drive to the restaurant.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Enter the main entrance of Village Park place at Brookhaven and our team of valets will graciously handle your vehicle.
A word from Haven Restaurant
HAVEN is an upscale eatery set in a loft with exposed brick walls, warm pecky cypress woods and soft amber lighting. The cuisine is modern American influenced by French, continental and hints of new southern. HAVEN has enjoyed remarkable success during the past seven years. Voted a top ten restaurant for six years straight, HAVEN has become quite the Atlanta destination. Haven is located in the heart of Brookhaven in the wonderfully charming Village Park Place development. The restaurant is nestled in a popular historical neighborhood one mile north of Buckhead.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Haven Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Buckhead ›
Haven Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
112 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (83)great for outdoor dining (70)fit for foodies (66)special occasion (41)romantic (35)great for brunch (35)good for groups (23)hot spot (22)notable wine list (17)vibrant bar scene (15)great for lunch (7)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- LOVE!!!!AmalDined on 10/15/2014Haven is my new favorite spot in Brookhaven. It's a mix of all my faves: fine wine, patio with christmas lights, and fried oysters. LOVE LOVE LOVE the staff also! The owner is an amazing guy and the bartenders are very fun.Special Features:
- We love this place!GeorgiaGirlDined on 10/11/2014We always look forward to dining at The Haven Restaurant. You can count on the quality, presentation and service. We appreciate the seasonal items that change on the menu. Can't wait for our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A winnerkibtsDined on 10/11/2014Lovely experience. We drove to Haven from Roswell so had expectations for a memorable experience. Haven did not disappoint. This was a birthday celebration and there were 4 of us. The menu had a good mix of "safe" dishes for the less adventurous and some chef-inspired items for those more willing to try something unique. The food was outstanding and reasonably priced considering the high quality ingredients and skilled preparation. The server, although friendly, knowledgeable and competent, seemed to be off in a hurry most of the time. Our friend ordered a Manhattan and raved about the house-aged rye. We plan to return to Haven.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightBenitoDined on 10/8/2014I had a lovely time here on a date. The restaurant is romantic and quiet. We had a great server who was friendly and helpful. The food was very good! A bit pricey but well worth it. I would recommend Haven to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A really pleasant brunchDaceyDVIPDined on 10/5/2014Peaceful and yummy. Standard brunch fare, well-executed. Look forward to coming back for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday celebrationTheresaDined on 10/5/2014The best part of the brunch was the surprise, delicious birthday dessert. It made the birthday girl feel special. Our family has dined there many times with the security of good food and service.Special Features:
- Haven Restaurant is heavenly!ScarletDined on 10/3/2014I was given a gift card for Haven, and used it to invite some friends for a dinner. We were delighted with the quality of the selections and the ambience of this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu is uniquepindDined on 10/3/2014Very good food and service! Enjoyed dinner this past Friday night, a business dinner. People visiting from Boston area, they loved the take on southern food,but upscale!Special Features:
- a Haven in my neighborhoodTheGeneralVIPDined on 10/2/2014The Thursday night crew walked up yet again from the neighborhood and sat on the patio - What a treat for our neighborhood for GREAT food and GREAT MUSIC by Tom Grose........one of the best guys in music in the country (a TRUE Atlanta institution) The food is fine, the weather is always great in the sunny south and the music can't be beat! A REAL TreatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointsAddicted2HavenDined on 9/26/2014Haven is one of my go-to places around Atlanta. The staff is always very attentive and the food is always on point. The menu has changed slightly since the last time I visited and they've expanded their steak choices. It can be a little loud at times but it was a Friday night so it's to be expected. We had reservations for 8 p.m., arrived at 7:50 p.m. and we were seated immediately on a busy night. I cannot get enough of this restaurant. It always lives up to expectations and I go back as often as possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, lots of fun!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/25/2014We went with a group and they accomedated for to our needs wonderfully! We always like to do family style and you could tell that was new to the waitress but she made it work. We ordered all the great things, haystack, pork, tortellini and awesome wine! We had a great time and the service was wonderful. Next time we want to sit outside!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice brunchATCSCSDined on 9/21/2014Went here for Sunday brunch and it was great. A small menu but very good food. Lively restaurant with lots of conversation, good food and nice service.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceDinOut2Dined on 9/18/2014We had a small farewell dinner for two close friends and the experience for everyone was very enjoyable. We picked Thursday night with a table on their totally elegant patio, and had a pleasant surprise as a great three piece band was playing. We had dinner and brunch before at The Haven and continue to completely enjoy the experience. All aspects are excellent. The grilled pork chop was the best chop I have every had, and others in the party order the salmon which was excellent as well. Great eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CalmingfoodieVIPDined on 9/9/2014Food was good as always. First "hay" dish was cold so got a new stack that was hot and yummy.Special Features:
- Havens, a Brookhaven' gemSuSuDined on 9/7/2014My husband and I had dined at Havens before and though the food was good found it very noisy so when our adult daughter selected Haven as the restaurant in which to celebrate her birthday, we didn't have high expectations we were wrong! They seated us in a very large comfortable booth for our party of 5 and it was very easy to hear our table conversations. The food was delicious and the server brought out a wonderful dessert and ice cream for the birthday girl. She seemed relieved to have the cute candle on the plate instead of a server singing. DEFINITELY was a good choice and we will go back to HavensSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious brunchGailVIPDined on 9/7/2014Great service, good food-- adequate brunch menu! Nice way to spend Sunday brunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Don't Want You KnowubetchaVIPDined on 8/28/2014Just how great Haven is because we might not be able to get a reservation. Gordon is the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return tripbPofDuluthDined on 8/26/2014A bit pricey, but the food was excellent. Service was exceptional. Kind of difficult to carry on a conversation due to the high noise level (vibrant bar scene).Special Features:
- Enjoyable experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/24/2014Took business clients to this neighborhood restaurant instead of the 'usual' Buckhead eateries. Very happy with choice, hay stack as appetizer was a big hit, great seasonal tomatoes as salad was outstanding, dinner entrees were bone in rib-eye, filet ( a little pricey), but very good, outstanding trout and pork chop - both well presenting and equally tasty. For dessert table shared blueberry and peach dishes both finished the meal with success.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindAtlantagirl1985Dined on 8/15/2014The menu is interesting and the food was very good. Service was great and timely. We didn't feel rushed. We will make this one of our regular stops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy break for burger nightfoodieVIPDined on 8/12/2014The special burger night was great after 8 days of lobster in Maine. The corn pudding appetizer was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The DOWNPOUR "Save"TheGeneralVIPDined on 8/7/2014The Thursday night crew all walked up from the neighborhood and as we sat on the patio - the sky opened up! The staff did a great job (sans closing the umbrellas to keep them from flying around and tipping over) in getting everyone a table.... We ended up with many of our friends from the hood at Valenza (just a few steps down) as we "walked between the raindrops back to their door" (Donald Fagan reference)... What a treat for our neighborhood for GREAT food and Michael's "ear" to keep one of the best guys in music in the country (a TRUE Atlanta institution is Tom Grose) *Tom, we just hope your equipment made it through all that rain!!!) The food is fine, the weather is NORMALLY great and the music can't be beat! A REAL Treat (sans water)!Special Features:
- Yum!BrookhavenladyDined on 8/5/2014The Haven burger was really good! Too bad they only serve it on Tuesday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Sunday DinnerNewATLFoodieDined on 8/3/2014We had the salmon and lamb. They were both amazing. The portion sizes were perfect and the presentation very nice. Overall great meal and great atmosphere.Special Features:
- Anniversary celebrationfoodlover123Dined on 8/2/2014We went with another couple to celebrate our mutual anniversaries. Delicious food-we had the chicken special and the beef filet. All were excellent. Sides were really good too. We even got a desserts on the house to celebrate our anniversaries! Great touch!Special Features:
- annie68Dined on 8/2/2014My friends and I enjoyed the food immensely. It was good. However, the noise level was deafening. We could not talk without shouting. We could not understand our waitress when she was speaking. The tables are so close together that you can hardly get out. The women's restroom had only one toilet so the line was very long. There are many places like the Haven, for instance Murphy's, Brio, The Palm, etc. so for the same $100 for two we can go someplace else.
- What a GREAT neighborhood spot!CathyDined on 7/29/2014The menu, wine list and specials are top knotch. Excellent service staff. We had a small buiness group and sat inside, but the patio looked like a great spot for a casual gathering or just for eating al fresco. Will definitely return when we're back in Atlanta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite placesLoreoDined on 7/29/2014Haven is one of those neighborhood gems that you always wished you lived close to. Fortunately for me, I do, and I frequent it often! It is definitely foodie enough for a romantic dinner with great wine and plenty of ambiance, and casual enough for you to pull up a stool at the bar and start chatting with whomever is next to you. Very helpful and friendly staff as well as some neighborhood 'regulars' that always make you feel welcome. 'Burger night' on Tuesdays is a must try and a really great deal. Thursdays are for live music...fantastic band and a lot of fun.Special Features:
- Decent but disappointingRachelATLDined on 7/27/2014Dined here with my boyfriend an hour before closing on Sunday night. Service was attentive enough but informal and lackluster. There were some interesting flavor combinations but everything sounded more interesting than it tasted. Squash blossoms were tasty but over-fried. Scallops were a very generous portion, and again, tasted good but nothing too special. Only standout was dessert: blueberry fried pie was DELICIOUS, and one of the best desserts I've had in a long time. We have a gift card for this place so will use remaining bucks on walking over for dessert and coffee a few more times. We'll skip the rest. Had high expectations for this restaurant, and we felt let down.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationCedarpointGirlDined on 7/27/2014We had a party of 8 and we were seated at a round table that was a bit claustrophobic. The wait staff were excellent and attentive. Most agreed that the food was delicious. The brownie with caramel ice cream and the blueberry fried pie with lemon curd were divine. The portions on the sammy were small, mostly croissant. Good reviews on the cheese grits, eggs benedict and crab cake benedict.Special Features:
- First time, won't be the lastF1fthEarlsaysDined on 7/27/2014Had Sunday Brunch, which was great - really good food, and very good service. The occasion was spoilt though by the 4 young women at the next table, screaming and being genuinely over excited. Not the restaurants fault, but in a place known for being loud anyway (bad acoustics maybe?) the last thing you want is a gaggle of heckling girls making it impossible to have a conversation within your own party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Haven is a gem!SmugDined on 7/26/2014We have been coming here for years. The only thing that kept it from being 5 stars is the outside patio can get clogged with exhaust from time to time because of how the cars are parked outside. I feel management should address this with the valets. It is a fixable situation with some training, but despite having mentioned it a few times, it doesn't appear to have been addressed. the food was amazing as I have come to expect and our server was attentive and efficient.
- ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014We had a great dining experience. Only recommendation I would give is to have more options for appetizers that aren't fried. Very limited app choices that are healthy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Haven - a great findNancyVIPDined on 7/26/2014One of Brookhaven's many wonderful restaurants. Haven has amazing food and service.Special Features:
- Brookhaven CharmHappyDined on 7/25/2014We received a giftcard for Haven after recently moving into the neighborhood, and decided to try it out for a date night. We could not have been more impressed! The service was outstanding, with the waitress energetically going over highlights on the menu and graciously making our requested adjustments to the entrees we ordered. During dinner, the owner came over to check on the meal and struck up a great conversation. After learning that we were recently married and new to the neighborhood, he sent over a free dessert, the fried blueberry pie with extra scoops of citrus ice cream. We did not have a bad bite the entire evening and certainly will go back!Special Features:
- LucyVIPDined on 7/23/2014We went there for a celebration with a party of eight. Everything was outstanding and our waiter was attentive and knowledgable. Fantastic food and fabulous experience!Special Features:
- tcmeatsDined on 7/20/2014Great food and atmosphere. Always enjoy this restaurant.Special Features:
- consistentcvigDined on 7/19/2014always love coming here! food and service are so consistent and Michael, the owner, is usually there and always engages with the customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surpriseMacman8352VIPDined on 7/19/2014Very good food spot. Great menu and food was outstanding. Service was spot on and the recomendations from the waiter were great. My Wife had the pasta which she said was outstanding & I had the grouper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinnernotrumiskitchenVIPDined on 7/12/2014food always great, server was not th ebest this time, seemed distractedSpecial Features: