1441 Dresden Drive Suite 160
Atlanta, GA 30319Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.havenrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4049690700
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 2:30pm Dinner: Sunday, Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Stephen Herman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: HAVEN can help you plan your special party. Our chefs can create special menus for your special occasion.
- Entertainment: HAVEN features live music on the patio each Thursday night. Enjoy the sounds of local trio Gross, Hill and Callahan throughout the spring.
- Cross Street: Appalachee
- Public Transit: Located 1/2 mile from the Brookhaven MARTA line with sidewalks that deliver you down Dresden Drive to the restaurant.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Enter the main entrance of Village Park place at Brookhaven and our team of valets will graciously handle your vehicle.
A word from Haven Restaurant
HAVEN is an upscale eatery set in a loft with exposed brick walls, warm pecky cypress woods and soft amber lighting. The cuisine is modern American influenced by French, continental and hints of new southern. HAVEN has enjoyed remarkable success during the past seven years. Voted a top ten restaurant for six years straight, HAVEN has become quite the Atlanta destination. Haven is located in the heart of Brookhaven in the wonderfully charming Village Park Place development. The restaurant is nestled in a popular historical neighborhood one mile north of Buckhead.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Haven Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Buckhead ›
Haven Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
133 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (90)neighborhood gem (90)fit for foodies (77)special occasion (54)romantic (41)great for brunch (40)hot spot (26)good for groups (22)vibrant bar scene (19)notable wine list (19)kid-friendly (13)great for lunch (8)scenic view (5)late-night find (3)Show More
- Return tripbPofDuluthDined on 8/26/2014A bit pricey, but the food was excellent. Service was exceptional. Kind of difficult to carry on a conversation due to the high noise level (vibrant bar scene).Special Features:
- Enjoyable experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/24/2014Took business clients to this neighborhood restaurant instead of the 'usual' Buckhead eateries. Very happy with choice, hay stack as appetizer was a big hit, great seasonal tomatoes as salad was outstanding, dinner entrees were bone in rib-eye, filet ( a little pricey), but very good, outstanding trout and pork chop - both well presenting and equally tasty. For dessert table shared blueberry and peach dishes both finished the meal with success.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindAtlantagirl1985Dined on 8/15/2014The menu is interesting and the food was very good. Service was great and timely. We didn't feel rushed. We will make this one of our regular stops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy break for burger nightfoodieVIPDined on 8/12/2014The special burger night was great after 8 days of lobster in Maine. The corn pudding appetizer was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The DOWNPOUR "Save"TheGeneralVIPDined on 8/7/2014The Thursday night crew all walked up from the neighborhood and as we sat on the patio - the sky opened up! The staff did a great job (sans closing the umbrellas to keep them from flying around and tipping over) in getting everyone a table.... We ended up with many of our friends from the hood at Valenza (just a few steps down) as we "walked between the raindrops back to their door" (Donald Fagan reference)... What a treat for our neighborhood for GREAT food and Michael's "ear" to keep one of the best guys in music in the country (a TRUE Atlanta institution is Tom Grose) *Tom, we just hope your equipment made it through all that rain!!!) The food is fine, the weather is NORMALLY great and the music can't be beat! A REAL Treat (sans water)!Special Features:
- Yum!BrookhavenladyDined on 8/5/2014The Haven burger was really good! Too bad they only serve it on Tuesday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Sunday DinnerNewATLFoodieDined on 8/3/2014We had the salmon and lamb. They were both amazing. The portion sizes were perfect and the presentation very nice. Overall great meal and great atmosphere.Special Features:
- Anniversary celebrationfoodlover123Dined on 8/2/2014We went with another couple to celebrate our mutual anniversaries. Delicious food-we had the chicken special and the beef filet. All were excellent. Sides were really good too. We even got a desserts on the house to celebrate our anniversaries! Great touch!Special Features:
- annie68Dined on 8/2/2014My friends and I enjoyed the food immensely. It was good. However, the noise level was deafening. We could not talk without shouting. We could not understand our waitress when she was speaking. The tables are so close together that you can hardly get out. The women's restroom had only one toilet so the line was very long. There are many places like the Haven, for instance Murphy's, Brio, The Palm, etc. so for the same $100 for two we can go someplace else.
- What a GREAT neighborhood spot!CathyDined on 7/29/2014The menu, wine list and specials are top knotch. Excellent service staff. We had a small buiness group and sat inside, but the patio looked like a great spot for a casual gathering or just for eating al fresco. Will definitely return when we're back in Atlanta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite placesLoreoDined on 7/29/2014Haven is one of those neighborhood gems that you always wished you lived close to. Fortunately for me, I do, and I frequent it often! It is definitely foodie enough for a romantic dinner with great wine and plenty of ambiance, and casual enough for you to pull up a stool at the bar and start chatting with whomever is next to you. Very helpful and friendly staff as well as some neighborhood 'regulars' that always make you feel welcome. 'Burger night' on Tuesdays is a must try and a really great deal. Thursdays are for live music...fantastic band and a lot of fun.Special Features:
- Decent but disappointingRachelATLDined on 7/27/2014Dined here with my boyfriend an hour before closing on Sunday night. Service was attentive enough but informal and lackluster. There were some interesting flavor combinations but everything sounded more interesting than it tasted. Squash blossoms were tasty but over-fried. Scallops were a very generous portion, and again, tasted good but nothing too special. Only standout was dessert: blueberry fried pie was DELICIOUS, and one of the best desserts I've had in a long time. We have a gift card for this place so will use remaining bucks on walking over for dessert and coffee a few more times. We'll skip the rest. Had high expectations for this restaurant, and we felt let down.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationCedarpointGirlDined on 7/27/2014We had a party of 8 and we were seated at a round table that was a bit claustrophobic. The wait staff were excellent and attentive. Most agreed that the food was delicious. The brownie with caramel ice cream and the blueberry fried pie with lemon curd were divine. The portions on the sammy were small, mostly croissant. Good reviews on the cheese grits, eggs benedict and crab cake benedict.Special Features:
- First time, won't be the lastF1fthEarlsaysDined on 7/27/2014Had Sunday Brunch, which was great - really good food, and very good service. The occasion was spoilt though by the 4 young women at the next table, screaming and being genuinely over excited. Not the restaurants fault, but in a place known for being loud anyway (bad acoustics maybe?) the last thing you want is a gaggle of heckling girls making it impossible to have a conversation within your own party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Haven is a gem!SmugDined on 7/26/2014We have been coming here for years. The only thing that kept it from being 5 stars is the outside patio can get clogged with exhaust from time to time because of how the cars are parked outside. I feel management should address this with the valets. It is a fixable situation with some training, but despite having mentioned it a few times, it doesn't appear to have been addressed. the food was amazing as I have come to expect and our server was attentive and efficient.
- ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014We had a great dining experience. Only recommendation I would give is to have more options for appetizers that aren't fried. Very limited app choices that are healthy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Haven - a great findNancyDined on 7/26/2014One of Brookhaven's many wonderful restaurants. Haven has amazing food and service.Special Features:
- Brookhaven CharmHappyDined on 7/25/2014We received a giftcard for Haven after recently moving into the neighborhood, and decided to try it out for a date night. We could not have been more impressed! The service was outstanding, with the waitress energetically going over highlights on the menu and graciously making our requested adjustments to the entrees we ordered. During dinner, the owner came over to check on the meal and struck up a great conversation. After learning that we were recently married and new to the neighborhood, he sent over a free dessert, the fried blueberry pie with extra scoops of citrus ice cream. We did not have a bad bite the entire evening and certainly will go back!Special Features:
- LucyDined on 7/23/2014We went there for a celebration with a party of eight. Everything was outstanding and our waiter was attentive and knowledgable. Fantastic food and fabulous experience!Special Features:
- tcmeatsDined on 7/20/2014Great food and atmosphere. Always enjoy this restaurant.Special Features:
- consistentcvigDined on 7/19/2014always love coming here! food and service are so consistent and Michael, the owner, is usually there and always engages with the customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surpriseMacman8352Dined on 7/19/2014Very good food spot. Great menu and food was outstanding. Service was spot on and the recomendations from the waiter were great. My Wife had the pasta which she said was outstanding & I had the grouper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/12/2014food always great, server was not th ebest this time, seemed distractedSpecial Features:
- HavenDb59VIPDined on 7/5/2014A great place to entertain for business and visitorsSpecial Features:
- Haven delivers again!MVP37VIPDined on 7/3/2014My husband and I enjoy dinner at Haven about once a month. It never disappoints! The haystack appetizer and salads are delicious. The north Georgia trout wrapped in bacon is to die for! My husband usually gets the grouper or steak. Both are yummy! Service is always good. My only request...please bring back the beef tartar! It was the best! Love this restaurant :)Special Features:
- Good food but noisy, hot & crampedKADBJVIPDined on 7/2/2014Very hot & cramped. Good food & service but uncomfortably hot & crowdedI would recommend this to a friend.
- GregBDined on 6/27/2014Kitchen was unbalanced and a little off with long waits and food being just OK. My chop came hot, but was salted too much and the grits they were placed on were cold. My wife's fish was OK she said. Server was nice.
- We will be back!UbdawgDined on 6/27/2014Just enjoyed our first experience with Hazen, and we will be back. Here's why: Not only was our meal exceptional, but we were left wanting to try half a dozen other things on the menu. The other was the service. We had the pleasure of having Gordon as our server for the evening. He made our already tasty meal and overall great experience. You'll see his name listed in other reviews for Haven, there is a reason for that. He is easily one of the best servers in ATL. Thanks for a great evening, and we look forward to being back soon.Special Features:
- Quality but PriceyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/27/2014Great food, decent beer and wine selections. But shocked by the tab. The seafood special (grilled salmon) was $32, $10 apiece for drinks and beers.Special Features:
- Probably should have had specialmidtownDinerDined on 6/24/2014Tuesday Special looked good as well as the rest of the menu. Had to wait 30 minutes for a table even with a reservation. They had a Tuesday special going (I guess its every week) and I think they may have let too many walk ins in. Quite loud although that may have been the table next to us.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience!jennyDined on 6/20/2014My husband and I recently went to Haven to celebrate a birthday with another couple. It was a lovely atmosphere for a summer night. While we dined inside, the outdoor patio area with lights in the trees was just as charming. The food was as outstanding as the atmosphere! We all 4 loved our meals and dessert. I ordered the scallops on creamed corn and it was perfect. My husband ordered the filet and he enjoyed every bite. We will definitely look forward to coming again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's day brunchfoodieVIPDined on 6/15/2014The food was superb and lots of it, but the service was very slow which was disappointing this time. We frequent The Haven on a regular basis and the service was very slow when there were empty tables yet. This surprised us as we had never had this experience before. We chose to take home one of the two main courses and dessert as there was so much food. We asked not to add ice-cream on the dessert as it would be mush. However, the server brought it out and said- oh they put ice-cream. We did not want to wait any longer so needless to say by the time we got home- the ice-cream was liquid. Really not sure why there was such a delay in the two courses.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerJeffwDined on 6/14/2014Celebrated our 1yr anniversary here and had a wondwperful night. Food was amazing;our waiter was knowledgable and very friendly and we look forward to coming againSpecial Features:
- It keeps getting betterFritterDined on 6/14/2014We have been fans of Haven since the beginning. We think the food at Haven is as consistently as good as any restaurant in Atlanta. For our special evening, we picked Haven and it didn't disappoint. Our server Gordon was on his game and took great care of us tonight-he was attentive and offered great suggestions on wine and food. Chef Stephen delivered a fantastic meal for both of us. The yellow tomato gazpacho was amazing! My steak was prepared perfectly and the desert incredible. Thanks guys for a special meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food + Tom Grose=GREAT MUSIC!TheGeneralVIPDined on 6/12/2014What a treat for our neighborhood for GREAT food and Michael's "ear" to keep one of the best guys in music in the country (a TRUE Atlanta institution is Tom Grose) The food is fine, the weather is great and the music can't be beat! A REAL Treat!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loveATLdiningVIPDined on 6/11/2014New corn pudding! WOW! Haven just gets better and better!Special Features:
- ConsistentGoodFriendsGoodFoodVIPDined on 6/8/2014You always worry when you take a friend to eat, that the food is as good as you remember. And it has been every time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RockinghamDined on 6/7/2014Have been going to the Haven since it opened and will continue to go back in the future.Special Features:
- Great experienceLeefromMiltonDined on 6/6/2014We took out of town guests for a late dinner and everything was wonderful and we impressed our friends!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/1/2014This was my second visit...the first was for dinner....in both cases, it was outstanding.Special Features: