412 N Clark
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
CubanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.havanachicago.com/
- Phone: (312) 644-1900
- Hours of Operation:
Monday -Thursday 11:00am to 10:00pm
Friday 11:00am to 11:00pm, Music & Cocktails 11-2am
Saturday 12:00pm to 11:00pm, Music & Cocktails 11-3am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Caribbean, Cuban
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: We cater to your home or office, private events and business meetings.
For more information visit:
- Private Party Facilities: Warm, cozy, and inviting private room available for special events, meetings, and all other occasions. Our space can accommodate small and large events with space for 45+ people.
- Private Party Contact: Sabrina Baker-Ball 3126441900
- Entertainment: Join Havana every Friday and Saturday for cocktails, dancing and live music from your favorite Chicago bands. No cover charge, music starts at 11pm and ends at last call!
- Special Events: From making formal business proposals to clinking glasses with friends, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining special event.
Our management team has extensive experience, and the ideal materials to work with a warm and inviting setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.
Havana's event room can accommodate up to 45 people and is ideal for gathering around a pitcher of our famous mojito's! Guests may order à la Carte or work with us to create their own customized menus.
- Cross Street: Between Hubbard & Kinzie on Wells
- Public Transit: Blue/Orange/Green line: Clark & Lake
Red line: Grand
Brown line: Merchandise Mart
Bus 22 South Bound: Clark and Hubbard
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet services on weekends only, street and private lot parking available any day of the week.
A word from Havana
Located in the popular River North neighborhood of Chicago, Havana features a unique 1940s art-deco themed interior and large windows that showcase Clark Street. Along with the large variety of Cuban-American cuisine and specialty drinks, Havana also offers many delectable Cuban desserts and coffees to complement the perfect meal. Whether you're interested in trying the fresh Ceviche Mixto, or just want to share a night out with friends over our mouth-watering mojitos and live music, Havana is the perfect restaurant for you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Havana reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (43)neighborhood gem (40)good for groups (28)romantic (18)vibrant bar scene (18)special occasion (16)hot spot (16)great for lunch (13)late-night find (13)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (3)notable wine list (2)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Excellent!MoniqueMDined on 11/19/2014Excellent meal and service. Cannot wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food for reasonable priceLkc1Dined on 11/19/2014River north Neighborhood gem Good food selection at reasonable prices, including delicious black bean soup, great burger, salads, skirt steak to just mention a few. In addition for you coffee drinkers that too was yum yum.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great energy!NachoDined on 11/15/2014The food was outstanding and the portions were not crazy-big. We had the traditional Ropa Vieja and it was delicious, we also tried a skirt steak that was marinated in tequila. Everything was fabulous including the mojitos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- riveras2014Dined on 11/8/2014The food was good and the service outstanding. Good environment and great location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerLovelyMsMinoeDined on 11/7/2014The ambiance in the restaurant was dark and inviting for couples or anyone attempting to get cozy across the dining table. The food selection was great and for once my date did not have anything to complain about. Service was ok not stellar just suitable for the environment. Portion sizes were nice as well as the drinks! I would recommend this place for dinner.Special Features:
- Delicioso! .songsirenDined on 11/7/2014Sabor a Cuba right here in Chicago. Highly recommended. I eat vegan and rate the yucca and the fried plantain appetizers 4.5 out of 5. Also had black beans and rice that were quite tasty. My dining companion, who hails from San Juan, said it reminded her of home. She enjoyed the crab cakes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum! One of our favorites!saritaDined on 11/1/2014I love the seafood mix paella.. And the mojitos!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go to place...BearDined on 10/25/2014My wife and I have been going here for 5 years now. Love the consistency and portions. Drinks, especially the mojitos, are wonderful. Dessert selection is also very good! Not uniquely Cuba only, but nonetheless excellent!Special Features:
- Consistently goodwealanDined on 10/21/2014Three of us met for dinner. Started with Ceviche and Guacamole as appetizers, both were delicious. The main courses we ordered were Pulled Pork, Pork Chops, and the skirt steak. Everyone was totally satisfied. As always a great meal.Special Features:
- DeliciousIchiban186VIPDined on 10/16/2014Delicious variations on the theme; not Miami Cuban..Had the Havana Rosted Pulled Pork; it was a crispy shredded pork stacked atop jalapeño mashed potatoes, nestled in a cream corn- black bean sauce. Just the right blend of sweet, salty, and a slight bite. I could have taken it a little spicier, but most cannot. Service was terrific. It was very busy, but the staff was efficient, worked as a team, friendly and attentive. We had been here 2 years prior and had an excellent experience. They have kept up the same great standards. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Excellent Cuban foodAuroraMomVIPDined on 10/14/2014Really enjoyed our meal here. The atmosphere was very relaxing and very Cuban. The drinks were awesome. Delicious Caipirinhas!! The service was excellent. We ordered the empanada appetizer, the Cuban salad and the Cuban sandwich and got the chocolate cake for dessert. Every was very tasty and generous portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok for drinks and appsPippinDined on 10/7/2014We stuck to drinks and apps due to reading previous reviews. Shared the plantain chips with black beans and salsa along with the grilled calamari. Food was ok but nothing special. Portions were large, so this was more than enough for a meal.
- PaladaresShabba70Dined on 10/4/2014This past weekend went to Chicago, and came across this great restaurant. I found it to be rather small but none the less a great place for something different. I've never had Cuban food, and was really impressed. The food was fantastic and the service was great. The menu is great and reasonably priced for what you get. I highly recommend this place for a romantic evening out and or a social outing with a group of friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tropical spot in Chicago!Jackiemr91VIPDined on 10/3/2014The coconut mojitos here are fabulous! I love the ambiance here on the weekends as they have live music and makes you feel as though you are outside the cold/windy city of Chicago! This is a great place to come with a few friends for a light bite, good mojitos, and some dancing. The food here is also wonderful! I haven't tried a single thing I didn't enjoy.Special Features:
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/3/2014The vibe in this place was energetic and the food fantastic. I would have scored it higher but our appetizer (calamari) was served lukewarm and the waitress took too long to handle that. Otherwise she was great and the food was great and we received a complimentary dessert. Terrific band too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't go for the Roast PorkKCBluesAndFoodVIPDined on 10/3/2014The dining experience was a mixed bag. Very good service and the type of ambiance one imagines you would have in Cuba. The big disappointment was the food. We started out out meal with some chips with/pico, guacamole and a green sauce. The pico was to die for while the guac was ok. We must have gotten the bottom of the bag as 50% were crumbs. Very difficult to eat as finger food. Our guests shared the calamari salad which they raved over. For entres we had the chills relleno, empanada appetizer and the roasted Pork. The biggest disappointment was the pork. It was served luke warm and was both stringy and loaded with gristle. Cubans are known for their pork so this disappointment ended our meal on a down note.
- Great food!!TXFoodieDined on 9/18/2014Excellent variety of options and the flavor of the food was awesome. Don't miss the pitcher of Mojitos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MojitosjkczykDined on 9/18/2014Mojitos are the best! My pulled pork as a little dry but the mashed potatoes and sauce were outstanding. Good atmosphere. good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SensationalSuztasticDined on 9/12/2014The food and service were superb! An easy, fun environment that was perfect for a Friday night out for two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As usual.....GordonScotDined on 9/6/2014I hate to write this but Havana is just outstanding.....why do I hate to write that, because I'm afraid it will get so crowded we won't be able to get in. Our only complaint on this visit is the food service was slow and everything seemed a bit "off". Now our waiter was very attentive and checked on us regularly but the food took a while to come out and we ordered coffees with dessert but had to ask twice for them. We were in no hurry though so all was good. The Halibut was outstanding as usual and we ordered the Tilapia special that we hope becomes a mainstay on their menu, very good. Have to have the Guava Mojito.....melts in your mouth!
- Nice & kinda authenticJiggyDined on 8/25/2014Being from Miami there are certain dishes you come to expect in a Cuban restaurant - and Havana doesn't have them all, but what they do have, they do well. The drinks are very tasty and the service is excellent.
- Good for Food but NoisyChristyViewpointVIPDined on 8/23/2014The food was excellent. The staff were well trained and very responsive. The decor is clean and refined. The motion are perfect. The only issue is the noise level. Very difficult to carry on a conversation with a group.Special Features:
- Popular spotConventioneerDined on 8/22/2014My wife an I were in town for only 1 night and found this hotspot. Made a reservation for 930 but arrive at 8 to sit by the bar and enjoy freshly made mojitos. We decide in a pitcher which had a special price of $20. Appetizers and food was authentic and delicious. I would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/22/2014Our waiter was an awesome guy, but he could have been a little more attentive. Outside of that, the food was phenomenal and a great date spot. Live music too. I've already recommended it to others. It is a little small on the inside, but no biggie. Get a reservation.Special Features:
- ConanDined on 8/22/2014Delightful meal at very reasonable price. Will definitely go back. Try the traditional Cuban fare. Terrific service. Staff are knowledgeable and really cared about our overall experience. The restaurant is noisy when full of happy people with pitchers of mojitos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not exactly Cuban but good foodLizzyKDined on 8/21/2014This is more of a combination of Mexican and Cuban but overall it's a nice place to get a feel for the Cuban food experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love Havana!TravelingfoodieDined on 8/20/2014The only thing that would make it better, would be to a special for the night. Presentation was great, food was amazing but the capringa wasn't that good. It was ok but lacked the sugar taste and texture. We were seated fast and perfect weeknight dinner choice. I wish there was valet parking so we could have gotten there faster. So far my favorite Cuban place I'm the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DillPickleVIPDined on 8/16/2014It was so fantastic Saturday night that we are going back tonight, Monday. Many delicious items on the menu to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too good for wordsNotARealFoodieDined on 8/9/2014This food was so GREAT. Everything tasted so fresh. I'm originally from Miami and while I wouldn't put it up to par to that because it's a different type of Cuban (everyone makes things differently) it was great. It'll hold me off until I can find my way back. You've got to have one of their Mojitos. Each one was mixed perfectly. Not too much sugar, not too much/little rum and just enough lime juice. I had the Ropa Vieja. Probably one of my favorite Cuban dishes and it was fabulous. Seasoned perfectly. I wish I could've finished it all. And apparently it has live music until 3am. What more could you ask for? This has definitely become a favorite for me when I visit Chicago.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/9/2014Great food. If you like flavor, this is your spot. Fun neighborhood gem. Really liked the appetizers, mojitos by the picher and all the entrees. Everyone in our party left full and happy. Definite thumbs up!Special Features:
- FantasticCityguy007Dined on 8/9/2014Havana capped off a great week in Chicago. Excellent service coupled with amazing food proved to be a wonderful choice to eat. I look forward to my future travels to Chi-Town which will definitely include a stop in Havana.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverallOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/1/2014Food and drinks were good. Waiter slower than slow for place that wasn't crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 712 reviews are from the Havana reviews archive.
- tastyRebeccaz74Dined on 7/26/2014The food was very good, the drinks are to die for, mojitos are their speciality. limited dessert menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChicagoRedChicagoRedDined on 7/25/2014The drinks were delectable, food was delish and service was friendly, informative and fun.Special Features:
- GREAT Cuban!CS440VIPDined on 7/25/2014WOW! Haven't had Cuban this good since I lived in Florida. Great atmosphere as well. Nice for a date night, and I did see a couple groups of friends sharing pitchers of mojitos. Also, this place was a GREAT value. Tons of food for not very much. The "half" order of guac came with 2 different salsas as well! Will definitely be returning ASAP!Special Features:
- Definitely GopaulebnjDined on 7/23/2014It is so refreshing to find a restaurant that does not have the same old food. Havana is a unique experience with dishes that you won't ordinarily find anywhere else. The food is fresh and tasty.Special Features:
- Very good Cuban foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/21/2014We had a very nice dinner at Havana. Our waiter was nice and attentive. The food was excellent and the various kinds of Mojitos tasted refreshing. Fidal and Raul would feel right at home having a Cuban meal here at Havana. I will go back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, good servicefoodiefestDined on 7/19/2014We went here for lunch for the first time and it was really good, we got the empanadas to start and they were tasty, then of course the Cuban sandwich and Cuban Roasted Pork both were delicious and one of the few places that makes congri the right way. Service was also good.Special Features:
- Great Food, Lively Environmentehp23VIPDined on 7/18/2014I love Havana! The food is always good (we had the halibut, salmon and guacamole) and I've always loved what I've ordered. The drinks-especially the mojitos and margarita- are delicious. At night, they often have great music which tops off a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- phenomenal food!saritaDined on 7/15/2014The only thing lacking was service. We didn't have a server. The bartender (who was excellent) had to come from behind the bar to serve us so it wasn't as speedy as we hoped given as we were starving. But the food was worth the wait and the drinks were on point!! Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.