27 West 38th Street
New York, NY 10018Neighborhood:
CubanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://havanany.com/
- Phone: (212) 944-0990
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Cuban
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Silvia or Abby 2129440990
A word from Havana NY
Open for lunch and dinner Monday through Saturday, Havana NY gives you the true Cuban experience. Hearty dishes, fresh seafood and prime meats, daily specials and an inviting staff keeps our customers coming back year after year. Whether you're seeking a full course meal, or our famous Cuban sandwich, or refreshing Mojito, Havana NY is the place to kick back for the City's premier Caribbean cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerCuban
Havana NY - Best Restaurants in Midtown West ›
Havana NY reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (22)neighborhood gem (21)good for groups (18)great for lunch (16)romantic (9)special occasion (9)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (5)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (4)notable wine list (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- FunSuzeVIPDined on 11/14/2014Enjoyed our dinner here. Service was excellent but it was very difficult to hear our server due to the loudness of the other diners. Food and wine were delicious. Other than the noise, I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous FoodKiscoDeDined on 11/7/2014Had dinner here with my partner and two friends before seeing Kinky Boots. Food was wonderful! Our friends had the sea bass, and my partner and I each had pork dishes. Our only regret is that we didn't have time to linger over our food because we had to get to the theater, which was a 15 minute walk. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerMarianneDined on 11/7/2014My husband and I had dinner here, which is a nice, cute restaurant. The service is great, food as well. Very tasty and fulfilling. I have been here before, definitely would recommend it. If you like really good cuban food, definitely come here. The portions are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lucky findDNYC51Dined on 11/5/2014Staff was polite, flexible and attentive without being intrusive. Selections were delicious, well prepared and presented. A rarity, my mixed salad was fresh (no wilted edges on the greens) and the olive oil and vinegar were tasty without being overbearing. I will gladly recommend to Havana in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AuthenticislanderDined on 10/27/2014Great-tasting and authentic dishes from Cuban cuisine. Loved it.Special Features:
- Solid Cuban/Latin in Midtown.DeanBDined on 10/22/2014Try the specials as they are the best of the chef. Could use to have some better quality rums and tequilas to enhance their drink offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very livelyVharris1913Dined on 10/15/2014Great service and happy hour 1/2 specials until 7 p.m. Had the lamp chop special that fell off the bone and was well-seasoned.Special Features:
- Very good Cuban!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/11/2014If you're looking for a Cuban restaurant in NYC just outside of Time Square, this is definitely your place! The food was really good, wait staff was attentive and the place itself is pleasant. My only compaint....I'm a big fan of Cuban coffee and when I ordered "cafe con leche" they gave me american coffee with cold milk. Again, I enjoyed my overall experience but I had to take points away for that, unfortunately. If they upgrade to actually serving "cafe con leche" and not the literal translation of that, I will give it 5 stars!Special Features:
- Great place for appsCasualdiner1980Dined on 10/9/2014Very good bar and apps main course good Put in to open table that we were celebrating our anniv. Very impressed that everyone we interacted with new and wished us happy anniversary !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LelandoVIPDined on 10/6/2014Great value for happy hour. The food is tasty and seems fairly authentic. Service is attentive and eager to please. This was my second visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistentnonesuchDined on 10/3/2014This is the 2nd time we dined there. This is a place where staff will advise you if they thought u ordered more than u can eat. Good food for the value and good mojito. Noise level high, but this is NYC -- convivial atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cuban gemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014Food is always consistently very good and the service as well. Very loud in the back room when crowded so if noise is an issue sit upfront. Would have been 4 stars but the noise level took away from the enjoymentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!ShaekingDined on 9/16/2014First time and can't wait to go back. Amazing skirt steak and yuca.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place is amazing food.CastilloDined on 9/13/2014I went there for dinner on my anniversary. I just enjoy some mango margarita & Appetizer, food is delicious. I had good time with my husband. The atmosphere is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a winOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/8/2014Great neighborhood restaurant. Excellent food and service. Always.Special Features:
- Tourist visits NYCUnimpressedDined on 8/27/2014We stopped at Havana NY based on recommendation by friend. He was spot on. Havana NY was fabulous. Food was great and portions were satisfying. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Great Cuban foodfoodie007Dined on 8/9/2014Brought my wife for her birthday because we both like Cuban food, and was not disappointed. We had an appetizer plate and shared an entrée, which we couldn't finish, but was very good. They even brought us a piece of cake with a candle, on the house. All in all, a great dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food cute placeDarcyDined on 8/7/2014From the outside you would never tell but once inside it's a cute place good food. My one complaint for a Cuban restaurant sweet plantains are a staple and mine were not good at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisyLucyDined on 8/6/2014The staff was very attentive and the food was pretty good, but the noise level was terrible. And we were there for lunch. I can imagine it would be worse in the evening.
- A little GemDuttyBDined on 8/2/2014Where to go, what to eat. Well pull out your phone and open table finds a gem. Great service, great food and a serious rum punch!!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it hereSassy392Dined on 8/2/2014This is My go to spot for Cuban food. The service is great . Food is tasty and they have some delicious margaritasSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Havana New York-- 4th timeSammyDined on 8/2/2014My 4th time at Havana New York was a pleasant experience as usual. My favorite dish, Ropa Vieja, was delicious once again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentDivaglamiDined on 8/2/2014Great food, awesome selections a terrific place overall and I highly recommend itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 423 reviews are from the Havana NY reviews archive.
- Excellent Cuban CusineSeymourVIPDined on 7/26/2014We started with the drink specials of the day, Mango Mojito and a Pineapple Mojito. Both were superb. there was a hint of each flavor not overly done. They used suger cane slice as a garnish/stirring rod. Nice touch. We had the assorted empanadas and the black and red bean soup. All were outstanding. The wait staff had pride in the restaurant and its food. Prices were very good bang for the buck. great experience and we will be backSpecial Features:
- chocoDined on 7/25/2014appetizer was mediocre: lobster empanada... one meal sent back: pork medallions were dried out. Waiter didn't appear happy about returning it. We both ordered shrimp in a wine garlic sauce which was very tasty.
- The oxtail was deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014We were greated by a very enthusiastic, professional staff. I was coming from Jersey and my party was already there as I slowly made progress towards the Lincoln Tunnel traffic. I called to give my party's name and when she got there, the manager greeted her by name, which she found very impressive and made me also come out smelling like roses. Our waiter was awesome and helped suggest some delicious meals we would have missed. To put the icing on the cake, one of the owner's became our friend when he came to introduce himself. We talked about visiting Cuba and he brought us two shots of this drink spiked with several spices and herbs. The best shot I ever had. The after taste lingered in my happy mouth for miles and a while as I drove homeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice placeSteveDined on 7/3/2014Very accommodating for my kids, wait staff was great! Food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great find!DocTVIPDined on 6/27/2014Now I remember why we love coming to New York. The food was outstanding.Special Features:
- MidtownChargerDined on 6/25/2014Great spot for garment district lunch or dinner. Great mojitos and reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Convenient and DeliciousHappyLeaderVIPDined on 6/25/2014As always, my resevation was honored, the service was excellent, and the food delicious. I only wish that, like so many other restaurants, they had a lunch menu. The menu and prices at lunch are the same as at dinner. If they had a reduced price lunch menu, I would lunch at HavanaNY much more often.Special Features:
- LovelyEliGDined on 6/23/2014I had the pleasure of dining with my friend and although warm (I don't think the AC reached the front of the restaurant) the service was very good and the food was as well. Our waiter was well versed in the specials of the day and recommended a few delicacies. My friend and I had the shrimp and chicken in garlic sauce, respectively and the calamari and ham croquettes. All in all the experience was very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Havana was great!bvazquezDined on 6/14/2014I was born and raised on Cuban food in Miami, Florida and have been searching for a good Cuban restaurant. Havana was fantastic and I highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Start Up My WeekendFoodloverVIPDined on 6/14/2014I had a great time like i always do!!! Love the food and the service like always also my boy friend enjoyed his first time there at havana... Always will come back for more.Special Features:
- Luv2eatVIPDined on 6/14/2014The young woman at the bar was wonderful, she's friendly and thoughtful. There was no one else in the restaurant and yet the waiter was not very friendly and was rushing us. We had some questions but he would rather have been somewhere else. It's a very cute place and I will go back.Special Features:
- jdngDined on 5/27/2014This was a great little find, perfect for a lovely dinner with friends. The food was really tasty, and not too expensive. Though it was a little loud, the atmosphere was pleasantly vibrant and the wait staff was attentive and friendly. If you're looking to hang out with friends or you just want to enjoy need a quick bite after shopping, Havana is a good place to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of fun with foodCrankinSteveVIPDined on 5/23/2014The food was good. The service was fun. Enjoyed every aspect of our meal. Would definitely go back. Love those plantains.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVED IT!!!!SusieDined on 5/17/2014I was recommended by a family member to your restaurant. ..they go every time when visiting New York.... I too will continue to visit when I'm in town.. LOVED the place.. Went for dinner with friends and went back for drinks with more friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not that great.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/8/2014Food was not that flavorful or fresh. Service was very good.
- Great Caribbean Goat Stew Special!LineVIPDined on 5/7/2014Went there for lunch with reservations at noon. It wasn't crowded, but once 1230 rolled around the place was packed and it was hard to hear, but hey, that's a good sign! It's a small space but still has a nice atmosphere. Great food and great staff. I'll recommend this restaurant and I will return again. The Goat was tender and flavorful. The meat came right off the bone. My friend who joined me for lunch tried it and said it was the best goat he's had. Kudos Havana NY!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Havana New York es muy bienGBfromNYVIPDined on 5/6/2014Very good food, good service and fair prices made for an enjoyable evening at Havana New York. The portions were generous and the presentation well done. The dining room is located way in the back and while nice was not particularly special and made me a bit apprehensive but the concerns were quickly dispelled by the foodSpecial Features: