27 West 38th Street
New York, NY 10018Neighborhood:
CubanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://havanany.com/
- Phone: 2129440990
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Cuban
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Silvia or Abby 2129440990
A word from Havana NY
Open for lunch and dinner Monday through Saturday, Havana NY gives you the true Cuban experience. Hearty dishes, fresh seafood and prime meats, daily specials and an inviting staff keeps our customers coming back year after year. Whether you're seeking a full course meal, or our famous Cuban sandwich, or refreshing Mojito, Havana NY is the place to kick back for the City's premier Caribbean cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerCuban
Havana NY - Best Restaurants in Midtown West ›
Havana NY reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (21)neighborhood gem (18)fit for foodies (17)good for groups (13)special occasion (12)romantic (10)late-night find (10)vibrant bar scene (6)hot spot (6)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (4)notable wine list (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- always a winOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/8/2014Great neighborhood restaurant. Excellent food and service. Always.Special Features:
- Tourist visits NYCUnimpressedDined on 8/27/2014We stopped at Havana NY based on recommendation by friend. He was spot on. Havana NY was fabulous. Food was great and portions were satisfying. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Great Cuban foodfoodie007Dined on 8/9/2014Brought my wife for her birthday because we both like Cuban food, and was not disappointed. We had an appetizer plate and shared an entrée, which we couldn't finish, but was very good. They even brought us a piece of cake with a candle, on the house. All in all, a great dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food cute placeDarcyDined on 8/7/2014From the outside you would never tell but once inside it's a cute place good food. My one complaint for a Cuban restaurant sweet plantains are a staple and mine were not good at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisyLucyDined on 8/6/2014The staff was very attentive and the food was pretty good, but the noise level was terrible. And we were there for lunch. I can imagine it would be worse in the evening.
- A little GemDuttyBDined on 8/2/2014Where to go, what to eat. Well pull out your phone and open table finds a gem. Great service, great food and a serious rum punch!!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it hereSassy392Dined on 8/2/2014This is My go to spot for Cuban food. The service is great . Food is tasty and they have some delicious margaritasSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Havana New York-- 4th timeSammyDined on 8/2/2014My 4th time at Havana New York was a pleasant experience as usual. My favorite dish, Ropa Vieja, was delicious once again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentDivaglamiDined on 8/2/2014Great food, awesome selections a terrific place overall and I highly recommend itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Cuban CusineSeymourVIPDined on 7/26/2014We started with the drink specials of the day, Mango Mojito and a Pineapple Mojito. Both were superb. there was a hint of each flavor not overly done. They used suger cane slice as a garnish/stirring rod. Nice touch. We had the assorted empanadas and the black and red bean soup. All were outstanding. The wait staff had pride in the restaurant and its food. Prices were very good bang for the buck. great experience and we will be backSpecial Features:
- chocoDined on 7/25/2014appetizer was mediocre: lobster empanada... one meal sent back: pork medallions were dried out. Waiter didn't appear happy about returning it. We both ordered shrimp in a wine garlic sauce which was very tasty.
- The oxtail was deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014We were greated by a very enthusiastic, professional staff. I was coming from Jersey and my party was already there as I slowly made progress towards the Lincoln Tunnel traffic. I called to give my party's name and when she got there, the manager greeted her by name, which she found very impressive and made me also come out smelling like roses. Our waiter was awesome and helped suggest some delicious meals we would have missed. To put the icing on the cake, one of the owner's became our friend when he came to introduce himself. We talked about visiting Cuba and he brought us two shots of this drink spiked with several spices and herbs. The best shot I ever had. The after taste lingered in my happy mouth for miles and a while as I drove homeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice placeSteveDined on 7/3/2014Very accommodating for my kids, wait staff was great! Food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great find!DocTVIPDined on 6/27/2014Now I remember why we love coming to New York. The food was outstanding.Special Features:
- MidtownChargerDined on 6/25/2014Great spot for garment district lunch or dinner. Great mojitos and reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Convenient and DeliciousHappyLeaderVIPDined on 6/25/2014As always, my resevation was honored, the service was excellent, and the food delicious. I only wish that, like so many other restaurants, they had a lunch menu. The menu and prices at lunch are the same as at dinner. If they had a reduced price lunch menu, I would lunch at HavanaNY much more often.Special Features:
- LovelyEliGDined on 6/23/2014I had the pleasure of dining with my friend and although warm (I don't think the AC reached the front of the restaurant) the service was very good and the food was as well. Our waiter was well versed in the specials of the day and recommended a few delicacies. My friend and I had the shrimp and chicken in garlic sauce, respectively and the calamari and ham croquettes. All in all the experience was very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Havana was great!bvazquezDined on 6/14/2014I was born and raised on Cuban food in Miami, Florida and have been searching for a good Cuban restaurant. Havana was fantastic and I highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Start Up My WeekendFoodloverVIPDined on 6/14/2014I had a great time like i always do!!! Love the food and the service like always also my boy friend enjoyed his first time there at havana... Always will come back for more.Special Features:
- Luv2eatVIPDined on 6/14/2014The young woman at the bar was wonderful, she's friendly and thoughtful. There was no one else in the restaurant and yet the waiter was not very friendly and was rushing us. We had some questions but he would rather have been somewhere else. It's a very cute place and I will go back.Special Features:
- jdngDined on 5/27/2014This was a great little find, perfect for a lovely dinner with friends. The food was really tasty, and not too expensive. Though it was a little loud, the atmosphere was pleasantly vibrant and the wait staff was attentive and friendly. If you're looking to hang out with friends or you just want to enjoy need a quick bite after shopping, Havana is a good place to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of fun with foodCrankinSteveVIPDined on 5/23/2014The food was good. The service was fun. Enjoyed every aspect of our meal. Would definitely go back. Love those plantains.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 410 reviews are from the Havana NY reviews archive.
- LOVED IT!!!!SusieDined on 5/17/2014I was recommended by a family member to your restaurant. ..they go every time when visiting New York.... I too will continue to visit when I'm in town.. LOVED the place.. Went for dinner with friends and went back for drinks with more friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not that great.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/8/2014Food was not that flavorful or fresh. Service was very good.
- Great Caribbean Goat Stew Special!LineVIPDined on 5/7/2014Went there for lunch with reservations at noon. It wasn't crowded, but once 1230 rolled around the place was packed and it was hard to hear, but hey, that's a good sign! It's a small space but still has a nice atmosphere. Great food and great staff. I'll recommend this restaurant and I will return again. The Goat was tender and flavorful. The meat came right off the bone. My friend who joined me for lunch tried it and said it was the best goat he's had. Kudos Havana NY!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Havana New York es muy bienGBfromNYVIPDined on 5/6/2014Very good food, good service and fair prices made for an enjoyable evening at Havana New York. The portions were generous and the presentation well done. The dining room is located way in the back and while nice was not particularly special and made me a bit apprehensive but the concerns were quickly dispelled by the foodSpecial Features:
- Yummy!SMBDDined on 5/5/2014I have been to Havana NY four times and loved every single time. Our most recent visit, my boyfriend and I took his brother to Havana for his birthday. The food was fantastic, he had the fish special that day and cleaned his plate! The restaurant brought over a dessert and the chef came to our table to wish him a happy birthday. The Happy Hour deals are amazing. The Empanadas are my favorite thing on the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good times!BarakusDined on 5/2/2014Had a birthday dinner here for 6 people and it was perfect! Great food. Great service (Starlin, you the man!) Drinks kept coming, which is always a plus. Would definitely recommend to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/29/2014The food and the place were great!. Il recommend friends and family to Havana. The waiters are very professional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/29/2014The entire staff is warm, friendly and on point.....Especially Starlin....he totally rocks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- buenoNeilVIPDined on 4/23/2014We took the administrative professionals out to lunch. The service was excellent. Very helpful explaining the dishes and recommending others. All on the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was delicious, I feltOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/11/2014Food was delicious, I felt like I was eating at home. The prices are reasonable and worth the amount you pay for it. The ambience of the restaurant was amazing, you felt like you stepped into a Latin world. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone. Next time I'm in the city I'm going there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rock solidworkingmomDined on 4/8/2014The food is good-nice specials to choose from. Service excellent and very attentive. Noise level grest-came specifically because you can have wonderful conversation but not feel like others around you can hear as they are having conversation too! Just and easy place to go!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant in a Great CityTravelerDined on 4/5/2014This little place has it all, terrific food, fun ambiance and helpful waitstaff. Went here with a group of seven and we were so pleased that we choose this spot for dinner. Prices were really reasonable for a delicious New York dinner. Great menu and the food matched it. (not always the case...) Service was outstanding. Get the pork on the bone. Wow. Yum. Go and have fun. We certainly did. Thanks Havana. You deserve your great reviews.Special Features:
- Loved this place!!!KpmvVIPDined on 3/22/2014..with the exception of the inexperienced greeter , who would not sit us in an totally empty restaurant ! Because our third person hadn't arrived yet.. After convincing him she was right behind us .. He sat us at the very worst table! Of course we moved.. (Ourselves!) But after that awful person disappeared... It was great! Our waiter was perfect.. The food was fantastic .. And I would absolutely return and explore more dishes..servings were very good and the food was just delicious .. Even the simple tea served with a spoonful of coconut was inventive.. U could feel the care and attention to the details and presentation of the food. Now one of my fav'sSpecial Features:
- Love Cuban food!ArielNHDined on 3/22/2014I love Cuban food so we picked this place on a whim. We could not be more satisfied. The food was authentic, service was great and it's in a good location. Thank you for the great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodStephanieVIPDined on 3/21/2014We went on a Friday night after work. Great food but the wait time to be served was a bit longer than expected.Special Features:
- Disappointing mealSummerlvrDined on 3/21/2014Upon arrival, we were greeted by a very accommodating maitre d and friendly staff. An energetic and crowded bar scene suggested this would be a great experience. The food, however, was disappointing at best. The beef empanadas tasted like spoiled meat. The dry chicken in the chicken and rice was not edible. The rice, itself, had little test. I would not return.
- Expensive and BadJeffSDined on 3/18/2014All of our party were disappointed by the food, though the waiter was very enthusiastic about the specials. However, in hindsight I don't think even he believed what he was saying. He promoted a special appetizer - basically a garlic based broth with seafood - as being a crowd pleaser because of the aroma. So we ordered it and were totally underwhelmed. It was served on a huge platter, covered - but when the cover was removed it revealed the tiniest dimple sized shallow in the middle that had the teeny tiniest little shrimp, clam and mussels. Then we got our food, which no one liked. My garlic chicken was overcooked, rubbery and tasteless. With no notice, I was charged $1 extra for boneless, and $1 for a little tiny cup of hot sauce.
- Good food, very noisyMidtownDinerVIPDined on 3/18/2014Went here for lunch with a friend and the food was good and plentiful. The service was prompt and helpful. The only negative was how noisy it was. Would go back, but not for a quiet meal.Special Features: