Havana Central Times Square
151 W 46th Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
CubanPrice: $30 and under
Havana Central Times Square
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.havanacentral.com/
- Phone: 2123987440
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 11:30 am - 4 pm 7 days a week Sunday thru Wednesday 11:30 am-11 pm Thursday thru Saturday 11:30 am-12 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Cuban, Latin / Spanish
- Executive Chef: Stanley Licairac
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Havana Central brings Cuba to your office, home or destination of your choice, serving the same fine food available at our restaurants.
- Entertainment: Live Latin music 5 nights a week.
- Special Events: Step out of the busy streets of Times Square and transport yourself to paradise. Our flagship location has multiple semi private dining options. The Mezzanine is comfortably seats 75 for dinner and 100 cocktails and happy hours. Our VIP area at the rear of the restaurant curtains closed to hold 12-25 seated and 28 for cocktails. The Veranda provides a street side view seating 20 and 25 standing. Our 40 foot long mahogany bar is also available for small gatherings of up to 20 guests.
Rooms Available and Capacities:
VIP Area - (12 min - 25 max)
Mezzanine - (12 - 100)
Bar - 20
Veranda - (12 - 25)
Entire Restaurant (Buy-out) (12 - 400)
- Cross Street: Between 6th & 7th
- Public Transit: N,R,W trains at 49th St B,D,F,V trains at 47-50th St's N,Q,R,S,W,1,2,3,7 trains at Time Square
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street Parking & Public pay lots in the area: 145 West 47th Street between 6th and 7th Ave 25 W 48th St, between 5th and 6th Ave 148 W 48th St, between 6th and 7th Ave
A word from Havana Central Times Square
Our menu is a mouthwatering compendium of some of the best recipes from Cuba. Many of these are family recipes that have traveled from one generation to another and which our family and friends have saved with great zeal and devotion. All of our meals are prepared daily using only the finest, freshest ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerCuban
Havana Central Times Square - Best Restaurants in Theater District / Times Square ›
Havana Central Times Square reviews from OpenTable diners
238 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (118)vibrant bar scene (82)hot spot (77)fit for foodies (74)neighborhood gem (71)special occasion (70)great for lunch (63)late-night find (53)kid-friendly (33)romantic (32)great for brunch (15)great for outdoor dining (6)scenic view (6)notable wine list (6)Show More
- Fun atmosphereVandygirlDined on 10/26/2014Fun atmosphere. Easy to get in when we went. Attentive staff. Good mix of Cuban offerings. Really enjoyed the shredded beef/steak. Carnitas was ok. Sangria tasty. Sampler appetizer had a lot to offer for different tastes. It was a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food! Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2014Took 4 girls who have never been there and were a little apprehensive about trying Cuban food but they LOVED IT! Had a problem with the reservation, they said they never received it from Open Table, but they were great, they sat us within 10 minutes. Our waiter was AWESOME, so was the waiter that helped us pack up all our food! Would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeIliketoeatDined on 10/24/2014I had the pleasure of dining at this restaurant the food was really good drinks great service superbSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Mojitos in the cityMangamanDined on 10/24/2014They have the best Mojitos in NYC. We had the assortment appetizer and loved the variety. Also had the paella for dinner and it was delicious and way more than we could eat in one sitting.
- JeanLuvNYCDined on 10/22/2014The food and service were great, It was my daughters birthday and sonido costeno sang and the waiter was great!Like a visit to Cuba!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/22/2014Good food, nice ambiance - if you are looking for good cuban food Havana is the place to come!Special Features:
- Best lechon asado I've ever hadManomanDined on 10/18/2014As a Cuban American from Miami I've had lechon at many different restaurants including a few on the island and this was the best I've ever had. It was tender and just the right amount mojo. The flan was among the best I've ever had and my daughter really liked the chocolate filled mini empanadas. My wife was enchanted by the ropa vieja and the shrimp filled avocado. If you love Cuban food this is a must eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- princesstamtam16Dined on 10/16/2014I have dine in many cuban restaurants in Miami, orlando and in NYC and the food in Havana central is no where near cuban food even the mojitos are watered down, only good things was the cheese cake and service sad to say i wont dine there again the waiter Luis was very nice
- Enjoyable venuenydinerDined on 10/15/2014The menu was diverse and had something for everyone. Server was very attentive Naija & Gillian were great! Food came to the table piping hot, and our server always checked to make sure everything was ok. Food was good, and plentiful. Happy hour was terrific........great Margarita. Staff all had an excellent sense of humor, and were very accommodating. There was a live Latin band playing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- staffOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014the staff was extremely attentive and service was fast I would highly recommend this place to anyone looking for great food before or after a show Mary...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another great time @ Havana CentralSammyDined on 10/11/2014This was another great date at Havana Central. I always order my favorite dish, "Ropa Vieja".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedbrooklynEatsVIPDined on 10/11/2014We had a reservation for saturday night, but they couldn't find it. They did seat us right away, but at an 'overflow' area right next to the window adjacent to the street in a very crowded area. The food was good but the service was for the most part inattentive. The restaurant was very busy, and the server hardly came by other than to take our order. The bus boys frequently came by to see if we were finished eating; mostly concerned with getting us through the meal so they could free the table for the next customer. The food was good, but as an overall dining experience, we were disappointed.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/10/2014The food was not tasty. Chicken tasted like rubber and the steak was tough with no flavor. I expected more from a Cuban inspired restaurant. The service and ambiance was nice, but doesn't mean much if the food's not good.
- Bday at Havanna CentralOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014As always my experience here at Havanna Central was epic. Ive previous did my 25 bday at the location near Union Sq.. the hostess and staff were nothing but accommodating to my large party and made sure we were comfortable and satisfied!!! The food was great as expected.The ambiance as spectacular! I miss the location near Union Sq tho. Many memories there!Special Features:
- Excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014Had reservations for 7 was really got here early around 6 they took us without waiting. Great Cuban food. Love itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday celebrationBluestar2682Dined on 9/27/2014We had taken my mother here for her 50th birthday. We had made a reservation which I definitely suggest. We happen to be running late due to traffic and they were very accommodating. We came in and were seated right away. We had the most amazing waiter Ivan who made the whole experience incredible. Be sure to ask for him I know we will when we go again. The food, the drinks all the way to the birthday dessert were all incredible. I highly recommend this place for all occasions. You won't be sorrySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great Birthday DinnerABirthdayMustDined on 9/26/2014I've been coming to Havana Central for about 8 years as one of the ways to celebrate my birthday. Although the location has changed from Union Square to Times Square....I'm always satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Decor & Good FoodLizPDined on 9/26/2014As a previous reviewer stated, the atmosphere is very energetic. If you're looking for a quiet place, this is not it. If you're looking for a place with really nice décor, good service, & very good food then this is it. I agree with another reviewer who stated the service was rushed, & others who wrote to specify if you're not in a hurry. We told the waitress we were not in a hurry (we arrived & were seated promptly at 6pm) & gave her our order. Appetizers were brought out &, within 15 mins, so were our entrees. However, it was fine. Would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Great time, just watch your bill, a few over charges that were corrected as soon as we brought it up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food QualitybeablendsDined on 9/26/2014Truthfully, the quality of the food was not great. I love Havana Central. My experience has always been great. I've bee to this location about 3 times and all the same. The food quality isn't great. The drinks are icy and the flavor mediocre. The Ridgehill Havana Central is EXCELLENT! You may want to see what the discrepancy between both locations.
- Good choice for different dining!LorraineVIPDined on 9/25/2014This is a fun spot in Times Square that's a great change from all the others. Lively atmosphere. Each dish for the 3 at my table was delicious. The vegetable paella was incredibly tasty. Give it a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food,great servicesweettoothDined on 9/25/2014I made reservations to have dinner at Havana Central Times Square using open table and I couldn't be happier. I arrived on time and was seated promptly upstairs, where I always love to sit. The server was courteous and took care of our drinks and food promply. The service was good and the food was great,I would recommend this restaurant to everyone looking to have a nice dinner before catching a Broadway show,or just looking for a place with great food and drinks for a decent price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!FoodieinTODined on 9/22/2014Everything I've had on the menu is spot-on... and they make the BEST mojito in town. Passion Fruit is my favourite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than expected!JustPeachyDined on 9/22/2014I am a New York local, and as such I usually do not like to venture into Times Square often due to the tourists. However, this restaurant was worth it! Food was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific value near Times SquareCurlzDined on 9/22/2014Don't let the location deter you from trying Havana Central! Happy hour drinks and pricing are terrific and the pernil was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too rushedLady1ecuaVIPDined on 9/20/2014This was my second time here. The food is very good but the service was too rushed. My fiance was finished with his appetizer but I wasn't and then the entrees were brought out. We still had more than an hour to get to our theater event. I skipped dessert and asked for the check. If I ever return with a 5:45pm reservation I have to remind myself to tell the staff that we are not in a rush!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nasty!!!!!FoodieclownszDined on 9/19/2014Crowded LOUD and the food was skimpy and tasteless.
- Great time here!PickgrtfoodDined on 9/19/2014We had a great time here - happy hour mojitos and appetizers. Great atmosphere, yummy food and drink. Lively and fun.Special Features:
- Lively with good foodcherieeeDined on 9/18/2014We have dinner hear a few times a year when in Manhattan. Always lively with good food and reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Good CubanFoodieVIPDined on 9/18/2014This is my regular go to spot for pre theatre dining. It does get very noisy. We had a lovely waitress, Crystal. Delicious roast pork. Food is brought out very quickly so you may not want to order until you are ready to eat
- Keep coming backMountainManDined on 9/18/2014A fun restaurant just off of Times square. Good energy. Our waitress was terrific.Special Features:
- Birthday reviewKR88Dined on 9/17/2014Enjoyed using my birthday gift from Havanna every year. We shared the corn on cob appetizer - delicious. Each of us had a 1/2 rack of guava glazed ribs with rice and beans - my first time having - fabulous and filling. We shared the pineapple coconut cake...Wish they would offer their fabulous white sangria by the glassSpecial Features:
- Watch your billJoaniGVIPDined on 9/14/2014The food at Havana Central was surprisingly good despite being out of a number of items (including olives for the martinis and an egg that was supposed to be on top of my husband's entree. This is NYC - seriously someone should have gone to the bodega down the block and bought some olives & eggs!) We were all happy with our appetizers, entrees and dessert, keeping in mind that we were in a tourist hot spot in the middle of Times Square. An 8 piece band played for about half the time we were there, which made a fun experience even better. My only words of wisdom would be to check your tab carefully-they automatically add on an 18% tip (even though we were only 3 people) and I'm sure many people don't notice that and add an additional tip.
- Mandatory 18% tip?OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014I got a big surprise when the check came. Why is there a Mandatory 18% tip?Special Features:
- great food, loudkathyctDined on 9/13/2014The food was outstanding. prices are reasonable for a NYC restaurant. Very crowded, and tables are very close together. but overall very enjoyable.Special Features:
- The Best Cuban Foodjazzy12Dined on 9/12/2014Havana Central is one of my favorite restaurants. I go there often, but this last time was to celebrate my husband's birthday. He loved it, our favorite dish is "arroz con pollo", amazing. The appetizers are all delicious. This place is totally a "must go to" restaurant. The service and staff were excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good vibesmaniDined on 9/11/2014The vibe was great for a young group of friends who want great food and awesome atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too many things wrongJan51Dined on 9/10/2014It took a long time to get a server. Ordered our drinks and food at the same time, food came out way before the drinks. Food did not have much taste. Had to ask for extra sauces for the dish, which we got with no trouble.Special Features:
- My favorite Cuban RestaurantDorieDined on 9/7/2014The slow roasted pork is just delicious, but then again just about everything else I tried on the menu was so good! The waiters/waitresses are always very friendly, attentive and never fail to make me laugh. I have been coming here for years and always felt comfortable and welcomed. Thank you:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Great Atmosphere! Great Food! Enjoyed my experience and would definitely return againSpecial Features: