Havana Central Times Square
151 W 46th Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
CubanPrice: $30 and under
Havana Central Times Square
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.havanacentral.com/
- Phone: (212) 398-7440
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 11:30 am - 4 pm 7 days a week Sunday thru Wednesday 11:30 am-11 pm Thursday thru Saturday 11:30 am-12 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Cuban, Latin / Spanish
- Executive Chef: Stanley Licairac
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Havana Central brings Cuba to your office, home or destination of your choice, serving the same fine food available at our restaurants.
- Entertainment: Live Latin music 5 nights a week.
- Special Events: Step out of the busy streets of Times Square and transport yourself to paradise. Our flagship location has multiple semi private dining options. The Mezzanine is comfortably seats 75 for dinner and 100 cocktails and happy hours. Our VIP area at the rear of the restaurant curtains closed to hold 12-25 seated and 28 for cocktails. The Veranda provides a street side view seating 20 and 25 standing. Our 40 foot long mahogany bar is also available for small gatherings of up to 20 guests.
Rooms Available and Capacities:
VIP Area - (12 min - 25 max)
Mezzanine - (12 - 100)
Bar - 20
Veranda - (12 - 25)
Entire Restaurant (Buy-out) (12 - 400)
- Cross Street: Between 6th & 7th
- Public Transit: N,R,W trains at 49th St B,D,F,V trains at 47-50th St's N,Q,R,S,W,1,2,3,7 trains at Time Square
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street Parking & Public pay lots in the area: 145 West 47th Street between 6th and 7th Ave 25 W 48th St, between 5th and 6th Ave 148 W 48th St, between 6th and 7th Ave
A word from Havana Central Times Square
Our menu is a mouthwatering compendium of some of the best recipes from Cuba. Many of these are family recipes that have traveled from one generation to another and which our family and friends have saved with great zeal and devotion. All of our meals are prepared daily using only the finest, freshest ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerCuban
Havana Central Times Square - Best Restaurants in Theater District / Times Square ›
Havana Central Times Square reviews from OpenTable diners
246 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (122)vibrant bar scene (85)hot spot (84)fit for foodies (82)neighborhood gem (75)great for lunch (68)special occasion (68)late-night find (55)kid-friendly (32)romantic (25)great for brunch (13)scenic view (5)great for outdoor dining (4)notable wine list (4)Show More
- Location, location, locationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014The location is perfect for our Broadway and other event needs. There was excellent food and nearly excellent service. It was definitely too noisy for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Havana CentralThomasDined on 11/15/2014Food was good and service was good. Problem was with the accommodations. Made reservation a week indvance for five. Was given a table comfortable for 4. They could not fit 5 place mats on the table. Table at front of restaurant next to desk where people taking customers and phone rings. Draft from front door made dining uncomfortable togehter with the hundreds of people walking by are table. This restaurant squeezes in as many tables as possible. No way we could get a better table because it was Sat night we were told and not nicely. Not a good experience. The people greeting you were not very courteous. I would give them an F. They did not care if we were happy. Sit down and eat or get out was their attitude. This occurred at 6 pm 11/15/2014.
- Great restaurant before a showsportzfanDined on 11/15/2014Very large restaurant that can accommodate large groups.... wait staff was very attentive. Ivan our waiter was terrific. Food was very good. We will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal at a great price!FrequentTravelerDined on 11/14/2014Everytime we visit NYC we make sure we plan a dinner at Havana Central. We usually bring friends who have never been there. No one has ever been disappointed. It seems to get better and better everytime we dine there! The food is excellent, the servers are very attentive and the prices are reasonable. The restaurant location is also great. Right in the Times Square area, close to all the activity and shows. The sangria & mojito pitchers are great too! I can't wait to return. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cuba finds Times SquareStrefDined on 11/12/2014Outstanding!!! Food and service was great!!! Coming again!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ififDined on 11/12/2014the food was great, I wanted some good Cuban food and saw this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for Sangria & MadurosAfterworkfoodieDined on 11/12/2014This was my third visit to Havana Central Time Square and as always the Sangria and the Maduros were amazing. This location can get pretty noisy after work but during the day its a great relaxing spot to visit for lunch and after work the Sangria can help you unwind.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/11/2014Since the gratuity is included the waitress NEVER came to check on us. The ropa vieja was dry, and tasteless. I would have liked salt or some sauce, but, the waitress never came back to the table after she took our order. The Margarita she recommended was awful, one piece of ice. It was warm before I could even finish it. I wanted a soda but no offer. The empanadas were cold and gross. The soup was chunky and not good. I am very familiar with good Cuban food and this was not it!. It was really bad.
- DinnerFoodieDined on 11/10/2014I have been here a number of times and I am never disappointed. The Mojitios are amazing and each dish I get is delicious! I look forward to going back again soon!!Special Features:
- always a winner!IHMRS14BDNY14Dined on 11/10/2014Havana Central is always a winner and a 'must' when in NYC. I take a group of friends there every year and it is ALWAYS one of the trip highlights. Fantastic Sangria and the food is likewise some of the best in the city. Whether a Cuban food enthusiast or just looking for something different you cannot go wrong here. On par with world famous Columbia Restaurants in Tampa & St. Augustine.Special Features:
- stgandDined on 11/10/2014Good authentic food. Very flavorful and decent sized portions. The restaurant can get very loud when it's full. Dinner reservations are recommended.Special Features:
- Reservations not honoredOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2014The food was delicious and our waiter was very efficient and friendly. My only disappointment was the amount of time I waited over and beyond my reservation time. I arrived about 15 minutes before my reservation time of 6:30 and at 6:45 I was told that it would be an additional 40 minutes wait. If it hadn't been because I was from out of town and did not know where else to go I would have left. Even though, the food was delicious I would not book at reservation at Havana Central again.Special Features:
- Always remember yr customers make ufood4thoughtDined on 11/8/2014The food and drinks were good. The tres leches cake was outasight!!! Only drawback was the fresh lemonade drinks where you can add other flavors, need to cut down on the ice and lemons so you have enough juice or use a bigger glass. Could use additional help on weekends as it is quite busy. Great place to enjoy yourself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but waitress flightyAcpianoVIPDined on 11/8/2014I really enjoyed my experience at Havana Central. The food was amazing and the menu had a lot of choices. The to stones were some of best I've ever had. Only complaint was that the waitress was a bit forgetful. We ordered drink refills which she blatantly forgot and had to be reminded of after disappearing for about 10 minutes. We also asked for a dessert menu which she also forgot about and then disappeared for about another 10 mins and when she finally resurfaced she literally had not only forgotten the menu but almost didn't even stop at our table even though we were waving her down. So the service could have been a little better. But overall the food made up for everything.Special Features:
- this place is authentic and unique!GerryandgeegDined on 11/7/2014This is an awesone place to wine and dine... you should expect some late night fun after stuffing your face in this place. I was with two kids and it still seem as a fit environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Cuban food ever!RonnyDined on 11/7/2014Great food, ambiance and live music! We will defiantly return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK before showbullwinkleDined on 11/7/2014The place is a little cheesy with the plastic palm trees but overall it is a decent place to eat before a Broadway show. Food was fair at best and in fact my wife's salad was inedible and was taken off the bill. Best thing to do here is have some appetizers and their sangria is great.Special Features:
- very authentic CubanPianoManVIPDined on 11/7/2014Excellent and very authentic Cuban. Plantains side dish was great. Picadillo was ok but not great. Half rack of ribs was well seasoned and flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5+ starsMimiDined on 11/5/2014What a great place to bring your friends for food, drinks well enjoying your time. The service is super and the food is so tasty.Special Features:
- Terrific lunchhelzVIPDined on 11/5/2014You can always count on having a terrific meal here. Best sangria!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastico!NinaDined on 11/3/2014I love Havana Central; I love the atmosphere . . . it is so New York and the food was excellent. The only thing that bothered me was that the waitress forgot to tell us about the daily specials otherwise everything was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatjerseygirlDined on 11/1/2014great food and drinks. I got the shredded beef it was delicious. I've always had a love for Cuban food. a little expensive but it's NY, so it was expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Havana Central Otra VezSammyDined on 10/31/2014I invited a date to Havana Central. It was her first time there and she loved it. She will return again. Thank you for making our dining experience special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not great, but goodTinkyHatDined on 10/31/2014There really isn't that much to say about this place. The food was OK, nothing to kill over but certainly not bad. My Churassco was a bit overcooked but since my SO and I were going to see The Lion King I didn't have time to send it back. It is reasonably priced. The main reason I picked this place is because it was around the corner from the theater. Overall, the next time I see a show in that area I will probably go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Who paid for the good reviews?NeighborVIPDined on 10/30/2014We went there based up on reviews here and on another website. They lied. The staff was nice enough but the food was bland, lacked any creativity, lacked side dishes, and very overpriced. It also charged 18% mandatory tip for only two people and then asked for more money. What a joke! Never go here!!
- Happy TuesdaySylvia12VIPDined on 10/28/2014My lunch at Havana Central was great. It was my friend's 1st time at Havana Central and she enjoyed the food, atmosphere, and the quick service. She loved her chicken empanadas so much she ordered a take out of chicken empanadas for home. I has the delicious cuban sandwich with the tasty sweet potatoe fries. This restaurant is awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun atmosphereVandygirlDined on 10/26/2014Fun atmosphere. Easy to get in when we went. Attentive staff. Good mix of Cuban offerings. Really enjoyed the shredded beef/steak. Carnitas was ok. Sangria tasty. Sampler appetizer had a lot to offer for different tastes. It was a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food! Great ServiceGirlsDayOutDined on 10/25/2014Took 4 girls who have never been there and were a little apprehensive about trying Cuban food but they LOVED IT! Had a problem with the reservation, they said they never received it from Open Table, but they were great, they sat us within 10 minutes. Our waiter was AWESOME, so was the waiter that helped us pack up all our food! Would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great flavors and portionsDuckyVIPDined on 10/25/2014All the dishes we tasted, apps and entrees had great flavors and not overpowered with salt at all. Drinks were nice and potent. Service was very nice, efficient and friendly. My only regret was that the hostess forgot to check us in for Open Table and we had to go through the process of proving we dined there to receive our points.Special Features:
- Great timeIliketoeatDined on 10/24/2014I had the pleasure of dining at this restaurant the food was really good drinks great service superbSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Mojitos in the cityMangamanDined on 10/24/2014They have the best Mojitos in NYC. We had the assortment appetizer and loved the variety. Also had the paella for dinner and it was delicious and way more than we could eat in one sitting.
- JeanLuvNYCDined on 10/22/2014The food and service were great, It was my daughters birthday and sonido costeno sang and the waiter was great!Like a visit to Cuba!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/22/2014Good food, nice ambiance - if you are looking for good cuban food Havana is the place to come!Special Features:
- Best lechon asado I've ever hadManomanDined on 10/18/2014As a Cuban American from Miami I've had lechon at many different restaurants including a few on the island and this was the best I've ever had. It was tender and just the right amount mojo. The flan was among the best I've ever had and my daughter really liked the chocolate filled mini empanadas. My wife was enchanted by the ropa vieja and the shrimp filled avocado. If you love Cuban food this is a must eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- princesstamtam16Dined on 10/16/2014I have dine in many cuban restaurants in Miami, orlando and in NYC and the food in Havana central is no where near cuban food even the mojitos are watered down, only good things was the cheese cake and service sad to say i wont dine there again the waiter Luis was very nice
- Enjoyable venuenydinerDined on 10/15/2014The menu was diverse and had something for everyone. Server was very attentive Naija & Gillian were great! Food came to the table piping hot, and our server always checked to make sure everything was ok. Food was good, and plentiful. Happy hour was terrific........great Margarita. Staff all had an excellent sense of humor, and were very accommodating. There was a live Latin band playing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- staffOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014the staff was extremely attentive and service was fast I would highly recommend this place to anyone looking for great food before or after a show Mary...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another great time @ Havana CentralSammyDined on 10/11/2014This was another great date at Havana Central. I always order my favorite dish, "Ropa Vieja".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedbrooklynEatsVIPDined on 10/11/2014We had a reservation for saturday night, but they couldn't find it. They did seat us right away, but at an 'overflow' area right next to the window adjacent to the street in a very crowded area. The food was good but the service was for the most part inattentive. The restaurant was very busy, and the server hardly came by other than to take our order. The bus boys frequently came by to see if we were finished eating; mostly concerned with getting us through the meal so they could free the table for the next customer. The food was good, but as an overall dining experience, we were disappointed.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/10/2014The food was not tasty. Chicken tasted like rubber and the steak was tough with no flavor. I expected more from a Cuban inspired restaurant. The service and ambiance was nice, but doesn't mean much if the food's not good.