Havana Central Times Square
151 W 46th Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
CubanPrice: $30 and under
Havana Central Times Square
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.havanacentral.com/
- Phone: 2123987440
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 11:30 am - 4 pm 7 days a week Sunday thru Wednesday 11:30 am-11 pm Thursday thru Saturday 11:30 am-12 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Cuban, Latin / Spanish
- Executive Chef: Stanley Licairac
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Havana Central brings Cuba to your office, home or destination of your choice, serving the same fine food available at our restaurants.
- Entertainment: Live Latin music 5 nights a week.
- Special Events: Step out of the busy streets of Times Square and transport yourself to paradise. Our flagship location has multiple semi private dining options. The Mezzanine is comfortably seats 75 for dinner and 100 cocktails and happy hours. Our VIP area at the rear of the restaurant curtains closed to hold 12-25 seated and 28 for cocktails. The Veranda provides a street side view seating 20 and 25 standing. Our 40 foot long mahogany bar is also available for small gatherings of up to 20 guests.
Rooms Available and Capacities:
VIP Area - (12 min - 25 max)
Mezzanine - (12 - 100)
Bar - 20
Veranda - (12 - 25)
Entire Restaurant (Buy-out) (12 - 400)
- Cross Street: Between 6th & 7th
- Public Transit: N,R,W trains at 49th St B,D,F,V trains at 47-50th St's N,Q,R,S,W,1,2,3,7 trains at Time Square
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street Parking & Public pay lots in the area: 145 West 47th Street between 6th and 7th Ave 25 W 48th St, between 5th and 6th Ave 148 W 48th St, between 6th and 7th Ave
A word from Havana Central Times Square
Our menu is a mouthwatering compendium of some of the best recipes from Cuba. Many of these are family recipes that have traveled from one generation to another and which our family and friends have saved with great zeal and devotion. All of our meals are prepared daily using only the finest, freshest ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerCuban
Havana Central Times Square - Best Restaurants in Theater District / Times Square ›
Havana Central Times Square reviews from OpenTable diners
317 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (161)hot spot (108)vibrant bar scene (105)special occasion (95)neighborhood gem (87)great for lunch (87)fit for foodies (85)late-night find (59)kid-friendly (52)romantic (44)great for brunch (33)scenic view (15)great for outdoor dining (14)notable wine list (12)Show More
- AccomodatingHappyCustomerVIPDined on 8/31/2014Made reservation via Open Table. Arrived and they were carding people, We were with our 6 years old. They let us to the restaurant area. However the music was loud and my son was not tolerating the noise level, so we were going to go some place else, but instead the restaurant lower the volume (which we did not request, after all it is a latin restaurant where salsa is king, we were not planning to disrupt that). We had a great time and the food delicious as well, we'll be back with our dancing shoesSpecial Features:
- DissapointedDisappointedDined on 8/30/2014Poor service,tasteless food,cold, drinks arrived almost with the check,a lot of drunk people SCREEMING at the bar
- Great MealrcebDined on 8/30/2014We made reservations after the show and before the train. Great food, great service, and just right to get us through the ride home. This was not my first time here and it will not be my last.Special Features:
- BrilliantArminioDined on 8/28/2014Great food, service and music! Highly recommend this restaurant to all, not far from Times Square and not too pricey either!
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/28/2014The service was quick given we had theater tickets. The server was energetic and made great drink and food recommendations.Special Features:
- Neighborhood favoriteLettyDined on 8/28/2014Excellent food and great service. My colleagues and I frequent Havana for lunch (we work in the area), and we always have attentive service (including the owner coming by and saying hello) and the food never fails to delight. The coconut mojito is excellent! Thank you. P.S. Crystal always gives us great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GEM47Dined on 8/27/2014I loved the atmosphere. I thought the food was delicious and will come back with my friends. I went on a Wednesday and I love that they had a band to play music.Special Features:
- Bill tETschDined on 8/27/2014Great food, excellent service. I am never disappointed with havana central.Special Features:
- Cuban delightOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/26/2014Authentic Cuban food, great service, everything was great! Will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food not hotdedeDined on 8/23/2014service was enthuiastic waiter spoke extremely loud to table next to us so that we could not hear each other....appetizer of empenadas puilled pork was excellent but not hot....shrimp in garlic sauce just ok nothing special drinks were watered down very little alcohol we were apprehensive about sending food back to het heated but should have been hotter...everyone was polite but rushed.Special Features:
- Good Food-Service Not So Greatholbrook22Dined on 8/21/2014A group of six from various states met here at 2:45 pm for a late lunch. We were seated in the back away from other people and were able to talk without any problems. The staff didn't rush us. We ate from the special lunch menu and felt that the food was quite good and sufficient for lunch. It was a good value. The service though left something to be desired. One of the lunches was brought out about ten minutes before everyone else and a salad that was supposed to have dressing on the side had it over the salad when presented. We had to leave the table a number of times to have our glasses of water refilled and to ask for some mustard. Although the service was sub-par we would return in the future and hope for better service.Special Features:
- CherylDined on 8/18/2014As always great experience. Great food and service.Special Features:
- Great food, great ambiencediningfunDined on 8/17/2014Family members recommended we go to Havana Central. We were happy they did. Great atmosphere, with a band playing great Cuban music. The food was great! Good service. Drinks were great as well!Special Features:
- MarriedtofoodnetworkDined on 8/17/2014Food and service excellent. Great location after Broadway matinee. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely a keeper!kittyDined on 8/15/2014Great service, great ambiance, great food! Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaravillososSeatheworldDined on 8/14/2014This place was great. The sangria was the best I ever had. The skirt steak was like butter. No complaint say all.Special Features:
- ReservationHoosier1Dined on 8/11/2014I made a reservation on Open Table. The restaurant didn't have it. Whose fault is that?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date Night in NYCAMJ8Dined on 8/9/2014Enjoyed a great night in the city with my wife at Havana Central. Food was great, Mojitos were delicious, and the atmosphere was perfect. Thanks again for having us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HAVANA CENTRAL WAS GREAT!NYCGDined on 8/9/2014Food was great....reasonable prices and big portions! Waiters were super cute and sexy! (yay!) Service was super! Great atmosphere, big drink menu, 100% delicious! Coconut margarita was wonderful! Check this place out for great food and a great time!Special Features:
- Not badbmwmed19Dined on 8/9/2014The food was great but I was disappointed in the service and layout. At first we were placed in an area in the back with other people practically sitting on top of us. When we realized our table was very unstable, our waiter said he would bring something to stabilize it instead of moving us to a table that wasn't broken! We did move to another area later, with better service but we felt rushed because people kept trying to take our plates every 5 minutes and then when we did want the check to be taken we couldn't find anybody. However, the food was fabulous and I would eat there again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cuba Libre!EatingoutDined on 8/9/2014Havana Central is a great find in the theater district. Tasty food, attractive to look ask and a pleasure to eat, with an authentic feel and ambience. The dining is good, as is the service, and food and drink are both reasonably priced.Special Features:
- Reviews were accurateKatfromBklynDined on 8/8/2014The food was ok, but nothing to write home about. It was loud after the music started. But we had a great time in a small group where the priority was to relax and have fun.Special Features:
- I love Havana CentralMindyDined on 8/8/2014Havana Central never disappoints, the food is always delicious and the service is always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TERRIBLE.... DISGUSTING.... NASTYTastyDined on 8/8/2014there's a cockeyed waiter there who is very rude and very disrespectful.. I went there with my mother and her friend to celebrate my mother's birthday and the waiter was not helpeful in getting us the accommodations that we needed. Instead of helping with us he decided to conversate was someone who had already clearly been finished and about to leave. what made it worse is my mother actually calls him to come over to help us and he decided to stop and talk to the older lady I proceeded to ask him again for assistance and told me he's talking so we got up and left. The freaking worst service I've ever received in all my years!Special Features:
- Buzzing restaurantJulesUKDined on 8/8/2014We had a great time celebrating our daughter's 21st birthday. All the staff made us very welcome and were very attentive. The food was delicious - thank you Havana Central!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mention 'First Time There'LovePernilDined on 8/8/2014Very nice!! Mention it's your first time there and they will take care of you. Great service...food was delish!! Go for Friday happy hour 5-8pm and drink prices are more reasonable. Would definitely go again and stay later to enjoy the live entertainment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Great food a bit noisy and some server very excitable... the bar area tight and loud need a space/direction on how to get out of the restaurant. Otherwise our server was great and attentive. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice find within Times SquarefoodhappyVIPDined on 8/7/2014I have come here for lunch, dinner and drinks on more than one occasion. The food is always quite good and the service as well. I enjoy their lunches and mojitos the most!Special Features:
- Looks good in picturesLuv2eat07Dined on 8/3/2014Let me say that I came here with pretty decent expectations of the place. I was taken to my table right away the waiter came over immediately and gave us some time. The food that was brought out was BLAND had no seasoning what so ever. This is supposed to be Cuban cuisine atleast put some adobo sheesh. Everything was like warm nothing hot as if it was made just waitibg for someone to order it. The drinks are so watered down it's pretty sad. The semi good part was the service provided by our waiter although he seemed to be the only one working which left some long wait times when we needed something.Special Features:
- JamakinsDined on 8/2/2014Great food and service. One of my favorite places in NYC. Recommend it to friends often.Special Features:
- Great for a Birthday.mmmjoyDined on 8/2/2014The Cuban food was good but I have been to better Cuban restaurants in Atlantic City and New York City over the years which taste better.Special Features:
- Happy ThursdaysSylvia12VIPDined on 7/30/2014Edwin, Caroline,and Madeline are excellent, delightful, and wonderful waiter/waitresses.. They always makes the customers Happy. Jillian Sanchez is an excellent top of the line general manager. She always makes sure the restaurant is properly, organized, customers are happy and the waiters do their jobs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, poor service!Kimtastic29VIPDined on 7/30/2014I love dining at Havana central and the food is amazing! Normally my service is great but this time not so much. Our waiter Edwin was very impatient and rude to us. He came to the table and completely interrupted my sentence by saying "HELLO" loudly. Then when my friend was asking a lot of questions about the food (she has a lot of allergies) he got noticeably annoyed. She asked how the grilled shrimp was prepared and his response was "grilled". He only got nice when it was tip time and he so lovingly added 18%suggested tip. Yeah right buddy. We come for the great food, but service should be just as good!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazingsvalerio1218Dined on 7/29/2014Always great to visit!! brought an out of town friend for mojitos and empanadas on $1 Empanada Tuesday and she LOVED it!!!Special Features:
- Respectable Cuban FoodEddiazDined on 7/26/2014We were concerned about eating at a restaurant so close to Times Square. Those restaurants tend to be too loud, too crowded, too dirty and tailor to the tourist without the most discriminating palate. The food at Havana was well above expectations. The place was too loud and too touristy, but the food was quite good. If you're looking for relatively authentic Cuban food close to Times Square, I recommend it.
- larosen6Dined on 7/25/2014Havana Central is our favorite place for pre theater dining. Because of traffic getting into NYC, we didn't have much time for dinner, but a manager and our server made sure our order was placed quickly and we had plenty of time to get to our theater before showtime. The food is always good, which makes this a true standout in the theater district. I also have always been greeted with a smile and sweetness by the Hostesses, which goes a long way in goodwill but not always found in NYC theater district eateries. Will always recommend this place (try the pork with the Chef's mom's recipe - delish) and will always return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Engagement partyFun4usDined on 7/25/2014We celebrated the engagement of our son and his fiancee the evening of his proposal as a party of seven with all four parents and his brother. The food and service were fantastic! We were seated on the upper level which provided a bit more privacy but at the same time gave us the added energy this place generates. We tried a number of different dishes and everything was 5 star, plus the mojitos were perfect for a late July gathering. Our very knowledgeable waiter was excellent with just the right amount of attention. From the moment we stepped into this wonderful place we felt welcomed and a sense of celebration!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I am never disappointed hereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/23/2014I work in the area and whenever I take clients out for lunch they always request Havana Central. Everything on the menu is good and I have never been disappointed. Whenever I have family or friends visiting I always take them on a tour of Times Square and end it at Havana Central and no they rave about it. The only thing I would say could use improvement is the volume with the live bands. They are amazing and I love them however it gets very loud and you cannot talk with the people sitting in front of you.Special Features:
- Goodsvalerio1218Dined on 7/20/2014Always enjoy coming to havana central with my family.Special Features:
- PoorserviceDined on 7/17/2014We had a reservation, but they made us wait 45 minuts. Said kitchen was behind. They finally offered us free drinks but they never came as we waited. Waitress was great, but food was very disappointing.