Havana Central Times Square
151 W 46th Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
CubanPrice: $30 and under
Havana Central Times Square
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.havanacentral.com/
- Phone: 2123987440
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 11:30 am - 4 pm 7 days a week Sunday thru Wednesday 11:30 am-11 pm Thursday thru Saturday 11:30 am-12 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Cuban, Latin / Spanish
- Executive Chef: Stanley Licairac
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Havana Central brings Cuba to your office, home or destination of your choice, serving the same fine food available at our restaurants.
- Entertainment: Live Latin music 5 nights a week.
- Special Events: Step out of the busy streets of Times Square and transport yourself to paradise. Our flagship location has multiple semi private dining options. The Mezzanine is comfortably seats 75 for dinner and 100 cocktails and happy hours. Our VIP area at the rear of the restaurant curtains closed to hold 12-25 seated and 28 for cocktails. The Veranda provides a street side view seating 20 and 25 standing. Our 40 foot long mahogany bar is also available for small gatherings of up to 20 guests.
Rooms Available and Capacities:
VIP Area - (12 min - 25 max)
Mezzanine - (12 - 100)
Bar - 20
Veranda - (12 - 25)
Entire Restaurant (Buy-out) (12 - 400)
- Cross Street: Between 6th & 7th
- Public Transit: N,R,W trains at 49th St B,D,F,V trains at 47-50th St's N,Q,R,S,W,1,2,3,7 trains at Time Square
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street Parking & Public pay lots in the area: 145 West 47th Street between 6th and 7th Ave 25 W 48th St, between 5th and 6th Ave 148 W 48th St, between 6th and 7th Ave
A word from Havana Central Times Square
Our menu is a mouthwatering compendium of some of the best recipes from Cuba. Many of these are family recipes that have traveled from one generation to another and which our family and friends have saved with great zeal and devotion. All of our meals are prepared daily using only the finest, freshest ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerCuban
Havana Central Times Square - Best Restaurants in Theater District / Times Square ›
Havana Central Times Square reviews from OpenTable diners
276 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (139)hot spot (95)vibrant bar scene (93)fit for foodies (79)special occasion (79)neighborhood gem (78)great for lunch (74)late-night find (53)kid-friendly (45)romantic (35)great for brunch (22)notable wine list (9)scenic view (8)great for outdoor dining (8)Show More
- Bday at Havanna CentralOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014As always my experience here at Havanna Central was epic. Ive previous did my 25 bday at the location near Union Sq.. the hostess and staff were nothing but accommodating to my large party and made sure we were comfortable and satisfied!!! The food was great as expected.The ambiance as spectacular! I miss the location near Union Sq tho. Many memories there!Special Features:
- Excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014Had reservations for 7 was really got here early around 6 they took us without waiting. Great Cuban food. Love itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday celebrationBluestar2682Dined on 9/27/2014We had taken my mother here for her 50th birthday. We had made a reservation which I definitely suggest. We happen to be running late due to traffic and they were very accommodating. We came in and were seated right away. We had the most amazing waiter Ivan who made the whole experience incredible. Be sure to ask for him I know we will when we go again. The food, the drinks all the way to the birthday dessert were all incredible. I highly recommend this place for all occasions. You won't be sorrySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great Birthday DinnerABirthdayMustDined on 9/26/2014I've been coming to Havana Central for about 8 years as one of the ways to celebrate my birthday. Although the location has changed from Union Square to Times Square....I'm always satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Decor & Good FoodLizPDined on 9/26/2014As a previous reviewer stated, the atmosphere is very energetic. If you're looking for a quiet place, this is not it. If you're looking for a place with really nice décor, good service, & very good food then this is it. I agree with another reviewer who stated the service was rushed, & others who wrote to specify if you're not in a hurry. We told the waitress we were not in a hurry (we arrived & were seated promptly at 6pm) & gave her our order. Appetizers were brought out &, within 15 mins, so were our entrees. However, it was fine. Would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Great time, just watch your bill, a few over charges that were corrected as soon as we brought it up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food QualitybeablendsDined on 9/26/2014Truthfully, the quality of the food was not great. I love Havana Central. My experience has always been great. I've bee to this location about 3 times and all the same. The food quality isn't great. The drinks are icy and the flavor mediocre. The Ridgehill Havana Central is EXCELLENT! You may want to see what the discrepancy between both locations.
- Good choice for different dining!LorraineVIPDined on 9/25/2014This is a fun spot in Times Square that's a great change from all the others. Lively atmosphere. Each dish for the 3 at my table was delicious. The vegetable paella was incredibly tasty. Give it a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food,great servicesweettoothDined on 9/25/2014I made reservations to have dinner at Havana Central Times Square using open table and I couldn't be happier. I arrived on time and was seated promptly upstairs, where I always love to sit. The server was courteous and took care of our drinks and food promply. The service was good and the food was great,I would recommend this restaurant to everyone looking to have a nice dinner before catching a Broadway show,or just looking for a place with great food and drinks for a decent price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!FoodieinTODined on 9/22/2014Everything I've had on the menu is spot-on... and they make the BEST mojito in town. Passion Fruit is my favourite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than expected!JustPeachyDined on 9/22/2014I am a New York local, and as such I usually do not like to venture into Times Square often due to the tourists. However, this restaurant was worth it! Food was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific value near Times SquareCurlzDined on 9/22/2014Don't let the location deter you from trying Havana Central! Happy hour drinks and pricing are terrific and the pernil was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too rushedLady1ecuaVIPDined on 9/20/2014This was my second time here. The food is very good but the service was too rushed. My fiance was finished with his appetizer but I wasn't and then the entrees were brought out. We still had more than an hour to get to our theater event. I skipped dessert and asked for the check. If I ever return with a 5:45pm reservation I have to remind myself to tell the staff that we are not in a rush!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nasty!!!!!FoodieclownszDined on 9/19/2014Crowded LOUD and the food was skimpy and tasteless.
- Great time here!PickgrtfoodDined on 9/19/2014We had a great time here - happy hour mojitos and appetizers. Great atmosphere, yummy food and drink. Lively and fun.Special Features:
- Lively with good foodcherieeeDined on 9/18/2014We have dinner hear a few times a year when in Manhattan. Always lively with good food and reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Good CubanFoodieVIPDined on 9/18/2014This is my regular go to spot for pre theatre dining. It does get very noisy. We had a lovely waitress, Crystal. Delicious roast pork. Food is brought out very quickly so you may not want to order until you are ready to eat
- Keep coming backMountainManDined on 9/18/2014A fun restaurant just off of Times square. Good energy. Our waitress was terrific.Special Features:
- Birthday reviewKR88Dined on 9/17/2014Enjoyed using my birthday gift from Havanna every year. We shared the corn on cob appetizer - delicious. Each of us had a 1/2 rack of guava glazed ribs with rice and beans - my first time having - fabulous and filling. We shared the pineapple coconut cake...Wish they would offer their fabulous white sangria by the glassSpecial Features:
- Watch your billJoaniGVIPDined on 9/14/2014The food at Havana Central was surprisingly good despite being out of a number of items (including olives for the martinis and an egg that was supposed to be on top of my husband's entree. This is NYC - seriously someone should have gone to the bodega down the block and bought some olives & eggs!) We were all happy with our appetizers, entrees and dessert, keeping in mind that we were in a tourist hot spot in the middle of Times Square. An 8 piece band played for about half the time we were there, which made a fun experience even better. My only words of wisdom would be to check your tab carefully-they automatically add on an 18% tip (even though we were only 3 people) and I'm sure many people don't notice that and add an additional tip.
- Mandatory 18% tip?OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014I got a big surprise when the check came. Why is there a Mandatory 18% tip?Special Features:
- great food, loudkathyctDined on 9/13/2014The food was outstanding. prices are reasonable for a NYC restaurant. Very crowded, and tables are very close together. but overall very enjoyable.Special Features:
- The Best Cuban Foodjazzy12Dined on 9/12/2014Havana Central is one of my favorite restaurants. I go there often, but this last time was to celebrate my husband's birthday. He loved it, our favorite dish is "arroz con pollo", amazing. The appetizers are all delicious. This place is totally a "must go to" restaurant. The service and staff were excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good vibesmaniDined on 9/11/2014The vibe was great for a young group of friends who want great food and awesome atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too many things wrongJan51Dined on 9/10/2014It took a long time to get a server. Ordered our drinks and food at the same time, food came out way before the drinks. Food did not have much taste. Had to ask for extra sauces for the dish, which we got with no trouble.Special Features:
- My favorite Cuban RestaurantDorieDined on 9/7/2014The slow roasted pork is just delicious, but then again just about everything else I tried on the menu was so good! The waiters/waitresses are always very friendly, attentive and never fail to make me laugh. I have been coming here for years and always felt comfortable and welcomed. Thank you:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Great Atmosphere! Great Food! Enjoyed my experience and would definitely return againSpecial Features:
- BasicOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/5/2014The tasted fine, but it was missing more flavor. It being a Cuban place, i was expecting more unique Cuban flavors. The service was decent and quick, which i appreciated. I think that when in New York, you desire unique flavors and honestly i did not feel like we got that from this place.Special Features:
- birthdayhappy2celebrateDined on 9/4/2014I went there with a friend for my birthday. The appetizer we had was the lobster and avocado which was delicious. The entrees were very good and my birthday cake was the chocolate cake which finished off the meal very nicely. Definitely would recommend and have dinner there againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AccomodatingHappyCustomerVIPDined on 8/31/2014Made reservation via Open Table. Arrived and they were carding people, We were with our 6 years old. They let us to the restaurant area. However the music was loud and my son was not tolerating the noise level, so we were going to go some place else, but instead the restaurant lower the volume (which we did not request, after all it is a latin restaurant where salsa is king, we were not planning to disrupt that). We had a great time and the food delicious as well, we'll be back with our dancing shoesSpecial Features:
- DissapointedDisappointedDined on 8/30/2014Poor service,tasteless food,cold, drinks arrived almost with the check,a lot of drunk people SCREEMING at the bar
- Great MealrcebDined on 8/30/2014We made reservations after the show and before the train. Great food, great service, and just right to get us through the ride home. This was not my first time here and it will not be my last.Special Features:
- BrilliantArminioDined on 8/28/2014Great food, service and music! Highly recommend this restaurant to all, not far from Times Square and not too pricey either!
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/28/2014The service was quick given we had theater tickets. The server was energetic and made great drink and food recommendations.Special Features:
- Neighborhood favoriteLettyDined on 8/28/2014Excellent food and great service. My colleagues and I frequent Havana for lunch (we work in the area), and we always have attentive service (including the owner coming by and saying hello) and the food never fails to delight. The coconut mojito is excellent! Thank you. P.S. Crystal always gives us great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GEM47Dined on 8/27/2014I loved the atmosphere. I thought the food was delicious and will come back with my friends. I went on a Wednesday and I love that they had a band to play music.Special Features:
- Bill tETschDined on 8/27/2014Great food, excellent service. I am never disappointed with havana central.Special Features:
- Cuban delightOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/26/2014Authentic Cuban food, great service, everything was great! Will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food not hotdedeDined on 8/23/2014service was enthuiastic waiter spoke extremely loud to table next to us so that we could not hear each other....appetizer of empenadas puilled pork was excellent but not hot....shrimp in garlic sauce just ok nothing special drinks were watered down very little alcohol we were apprehensive about sending food back to het heated but should have been hotter...everyone was polite but rushed.Special Features:
- Good Food-Service Not So Greatholbrook22Dined on 8/21/2014A group of six from various states met here at 2:45 pm for a late lunch. We were seated in the back away from other people and were able to talk without any problems. The staff didn't rush us. We ate from the special lunch menu and felt that the food was quite good and sufficient for lunch. It was a good value. The service though left something to be desired. One of the lunches was brought out about ten minutes before everyone else and a salad that was supposed to have dressing on the side had it over the salad when presented. We had to leave the table a number of times to have our glasses of water refilled and to ask for some mustard. Although the service was sub-par we would return in the future and hope for better service.Special Features: