Havana Central Roosevelt Field Mall
630 Old Country Road
Garden City, NY 11530Neighborhood:
CubanPrice: $30 and under
Havana Central Roosevelt Field Mall
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.havanacentral.com/
- Phone: (516) 739-7900
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday to Wednesday 11:30am-10pm ------ Bar Closes at 10:30pm
Thursday 11:30-11pm -------Bar Closes at 11:30pm
Friday and Saturday 11:30am-Midnight ------Bar Closes at 12:30am
Special Lunch Menu is available Monday through Friday ONLY between the hours of 11:30 am-4pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Cuban, Latin / Spanish
- Executive Chef: Stanley Licairac
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Havana Central brings Cuba to your office, home or destination of your choice, serving the same fine food available at our restaurants.
Specialty stations can include a make-your-own-paella bar, fresh-pressed Cuban sandwiches, traditional hand-made empanadas and tamales, and so many more great Latin dishes. We can serve up a traditional whole Pig Roasts plus all the trimmings. So whether you are throwing a lunch for 20 friends or a major corporate event for 1,000, let Havana Central Catering plan your party.
- Entertainment: Live Latin music Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights.
- Special Events: The events that we have created with our clients are as varied as any event company has done. We do events from 12 to 500 people at our Havana Central locations. We provide fun and elegant service, a wide variety of the most delicious Latin cuisine, music from all over the Latin world and drinks that transport your guests to the Caribbean. If you want a unique event that will create a memory that your guests will never forget, contact one of our event managers.
Seated: Total Outdoor: 90 | Total Indoor: 290 | Main Dining: 130 | Private Dining 1: 12 | Private Dining 2: 110 (with option of 50 in one separate room or 60 in another separate room) | Bar: 38
Standing: Total Outdoor: 150 | Total Indoor: 500 | Main Dining: 210 | Private Dining 1: 20 | Private Dining 2: 200 (with option of approximately 100 in either of two separate rooms) | Bar: 70
A word from Havana Central Roosevelt Field Mall
Havana Central transports you to pre-Revolution Cuba with swanky decor, lively jazz, relaxing bar and beloved recipes. Traditional Cuban cooking is a labor of love: many dishes are slow-cooked over low heat and require constant attention to create that perfect flavor. Executive Chef Stanley Licairac has mastered the patience and style necessary to recreate old-world Cuban classics.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerCuban
Havana Central Roosevelt Field Mall - Best Restaurants in Garden City ›
Havana Central Roosevelt Field Mall reviews from OpenTable diners
191 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (119)fit for foodies (68)hot spot (67)special occasion (60)great for lunch (53)late-night find (47)great for outdoor dining (46)vibrant bar scene (41)romantic (33)neighborhood gem (33)kid-friendly (28)great for brunch (24)scenic view (5)notable wine list (4)Show More
- Its good for groups hangout!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014This was my first exp at Havana Central, I def. would recommend for groups. I took my husband for his birthday, it was okay, but thought the tables for couples were small. The food was great. Service was okay, I had reservations and I still had to wait for a table. You would think having reservations, you would be seated right away, not the case. But, I loved the ambiance and music was great....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodNatsDined on 11/22/2014I had a surprise birthday lunch here for a friend. The staff were warm, friendly and accommodating to my entire groups needs. The food was delicious as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014Music too loud , table for two was too small , my Corn or the cob appetizer came out still frozen so that obvious means it wasn't fresh & my entry was semi cold and my Sangria was in a small glass filled with ice and fruit 2-3 sipps and it was done at $10 a piece Overall disappointing.
- May be the last time I go here.gio270Dined on 11/21/2014Waiter was clueless. Food took forever. Waiter was not very experienced. Manager had to apologize for the wait .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/15/2014The food was Very good. However the drinks were very disappointing. It was $9 for a Margarita and it was so tiny you could finish it in 2 big sips.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere, delicious foodUnknownVIPDined on 11/14/2014Great atmosphere, delicious food, attentive service. Loved the live music (though it was a little too loud). Really enjoyed the experience. Will definitely return and recommend highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!!!HavanaDined on 11/12/2014I had an amazing time and the food was fantastic. Service was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/8/2014Seated right away Service ok Had to ask for drink menu Food was cold Ice cream dessert meltedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and ambianceSeltDined on 11/8/2014Food, service and background Cuban band entertainment were of perfect balance. Now I understand the difficulty in getting in. Overall experience was exceptional. I am critical who rarely gets excited about a restaurantSpecial Features:
- protekkDined on 11/8/2014The service was great and the food was really good as well. My wife and I really enjoyed the pork with pickled onions and my daughters had the taquitos which were delicious.Special Features:
- NoisyOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/7/2014Very loud and noisy. Food just ok, but watch out for the bill. The recommended tip is written as though it is already added to the bill so be careful not to add the tip in a second time. We almost did. We split the bill and paid by credit card...recommended tip was added in ...we almost paid an additional $25.00 towards the tip until we caught it on time...be careful!
- Birthday disappointment - shame!!!!MrRom92Dined on 11/6/2014I've been here a few times before but this visit was disappointing. My mother wanted to come here for her birthday so I got a reservation through opentable many hours in advance & made the notation that it was her birthday & that we would prefer a booth in the main dining area. Upon arrival we were taken to a table in a secluded dining area. We were then given the suggestion that we could sit by the bar - another secluded area. Unacceptable, especially considering the restaurant was barely populated. Finally seated where initially requested, our waiter wasn't attentive. After noting 3x it was her birthday through the reservation, to the hostess, & to the waiter, it was acknowledged, but nothing was done. Another table did get sung to thoughSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service HORRIBLE.gio270Dined on 11/1/2014Again, the food was amazing. I would go back. Our table was at the bar area. Seating was tight. The waitress was not attentive at all. The waitress had to be reminded twice about drink orders. She did not seem interested in asking how our food was, if we needed anything more or if everything was okay. There was a live band and it was VERY loud. We will try it one more time . I wish I knew we were going to be seated In the bar area, I would have requested a better area to sit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!EatingfortwoDined on 10/25/2014Fun with live music, great food and service! Fried plantains appetizer was delish!Special Features:
- The BillHarryc27VIPDined on 10/25/2014The bill includes a suggested gratuity, but the way it displays is very misleading. This should be addressed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME!!RMGRANDDined on 10/24/2014Our waiter was so plesant and the food was to die for..LOVE IT!! Cant wait to go back..Special Features:
- Great Food But Dicey on WeekendsLongIslandAdventurerDined on 10/24/2014First Friday night I've been there and it left much to be desired. New secondary dining room next to the main room, Unlike the main room, which has great atmosphere and décor, secondary room feels more like an upscale diner, they had a live authentic Cuban music trio playing which could neither been seen or even slightly heard from the secondary dining room. Waiter attentive but not enough staff to handle the overflowing crowd - as always, food excellent but two entrees, a simple fish dish and chicken sandwich didn't appear for almost 50 minutes, unacceptable. A definite good time during the week but hit or miss on busy weekend. Lastly, we asked for wrapped leftovers that never came back, got tired of waiting and left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/24/2014Horrible service. Drinks were full of ice. This is the second time we had to complain. Will not be back
- Great SpotDuckDined on 10/19/2014Great service, good food and drink and live music. Some nigh call the noise level high but I would cal it exciting rather than noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Different cuisineLuv2dineDined on 10/11/2014If you want to try something a littlle different than usual Havana Central is the place! Our entrees ranged from sandwiches salads and regular dinners. Everyone thought their selection was wonderful. I had lime chicken salad it was one of the best salads i ever had. Drinks were also amazing! Reservations were honored timely! Will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friends niteGrandma4Dined on 10/11/2014Great service, food, fun atmosphere. We recommended it to our friends since we had been there before, they loved the place! I made the reservation and they had our table waiting, a pleasant surprise.Special Features:
- Martha333VIPDined on 10/11/2014Reminded me of being back in Miami having lunch at a Cuban Restaurant. Food was quite good. A very varied menu with reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MissMonicaDined on 10/10/2014My mother had a great experience here. The service was great. The staff was very friendly and animate. The enthusiasm is contagious and the music will make you smile and forget your problems. I highly recomend it.Special Features:
- Food was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014food was good and the staff was on point. liked it a lot.Special Features:
- overpriced specialsgreg70nyDined on 10/5/2014We got the mixed grill not knowing it was $38. We were still hungry afterwards. The waitress described it as a huge platter. For that price, I should have had leftovers. Service was very slow. Never refilled our water as well. Took drink and appetizers order but didn't want to take entrée order until later. Very weird.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Front desk ladiesKay92Dined on 10/5/2014I made my reservation ahead of time and when I got there the front desk ladies were mean and rude and made me and my family wait for a long time because my table wasn't ready and they forgot about us. Horrible service from them.Special Features:
- Shocked!!SuppaCPADined on 10/4/2014This message is directed to the owner of the restaurant. I am a CPA. Some of my clients are household names in the restaurant industry. I tried the Roosevelt Field location last Saturday night. The staff was friendly and engaging. I loved our waitress. Her name was jessica. The food was great. The manager came over to see how we were doing. He was very nice. I will probably never return to the restaurant. The volume of the band was so obnoxiously loud it was offensive. We sat in the back room and we could not hold a conversation. I was warned by other patrons. They were right.Special Features:
- good foodyumyum711Dined on 10/4/2014Parking is horrible. They need valet parking. The food was great...the service could have been better. i think they were to busy and not able to attend to us as expected. it is a great find. I want to try the other locations. I have been here during lunch on a saturday and dinner friday night and saturday night ...great times...band is awesome...our server was really great...Eduardo is his name from Mexico...thanks for working hard at getting us served....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In love!!!Luv2havegoodfoodDined on 9/30/2014Great restaurant and food was out of this world!!!! Our server was fabulous!!!!! Very sweet and took great care of us!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome spotcynfulbunDined on 9/27/2014loved this place, but the music was too loud we sat in the back and we could not hear each other. Enjoyed it so much we are booked for oct 9Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!OkayDined on 9/27/2014Great experience! I have been there before and loved it bur it was my boyfriends first time and he loved it. He is a tough critic, very hard to please and he loved!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Soup is SuperbsaverhinosDined on 9/27/2014Very friendly staff. Food is excellent. My favorite is the Cuban Black Bean soup. It is vegetarian and delicious. You must order it if you go.Special Features:
- DisappointedFrankDined on 9/27/2014Service wa extremely slow. Drinks were not good. Seats in both were ripped and dirty. Food was tasty.Special Features:
- superior food, just dont be thirstyWilliet917Dined on 9/21/2014I've been here several times. Love the food, you can't beat good, authentic Cuban food. But oh my goodness, where is the liquor in the drinks?? How pathetic! They talk you into the pitcher of mojitos or margaritas and all you taste is ice and sour mix and mint leaves. You'd like to get a little buzz from the booze, but you don't even get a "b". Shameful. For the price you pay, very shameful.
- DinerDined on 9/21/2014I asked for a table away from the band and they tried to sit me directly in front of the band. I made a reservation through open table and they didn't check me in as having arrived.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the priceLovegoodfoodDined on 9/21/2014The service was fine. The brunch was nowhere near a good NY brunch deal. The brunch serving was an extremely small portion. The bill was $100 and we left yearning for more
- Nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014I went to celebrate my birthday here. The service was good n fast. The place is loud. As they have live music on Sunday. But is a happy environment. I have to say I did not like the sangria too strong n not enough fruit. But overall I loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!SaraVIPDined on 9/19/2014I am so impressed with the food here that I am flying back to NY for my 50th birthday party to have it there!Special Features:
- BandRigbVIPDined on 9/17/2014The live entertainment was too intrusive, i.e. too close, too loud. Should have been closer to the bar perhaps. Made it impossible to hear conversation with others at my table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun timeMezzalunaVIPDined on 9/14/2014The food is good if you are not a stickler for "authentic" cuban food. The drinks are devine but a little pricey. The service is spotty - it started at attentive and waned as we were there. We had to look around for our waiter a few times. The live band was so loud that we had to shout over it to talk - I hate that - it does not enhance the dining experience. The band should be set up so that it is background music, not a live concert! I found it to be very annoying.I would recommend this to a friend.