Havana Central Roosevelt Field Mall
630 Old Country Road
Garden City, NY 11530Neighborhood:
CubanPrice: $30 and under
Havana Central Roosevelt Field Mall
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.havanacentral.com/
- Phone: 5167397900
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday to Wednesday 11:30am-10pm ------ Bar Closes at 10:30pm
Thursday 11:30-11pm -------Bar Closes at 11:30pm
Friday and Saturday 11:30am-Midnight ------Bar Closes at 12:30am
Special Lunch Menu is available Monday through Friday ONLY between the hours of 11:30 am-4pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Cuban, Latin / Spanish
- Executive Chef: Stanley Licairac
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Havana Central brings Cuba to your office, home or destination of your choice, serving the same fine food available at our restaurants.
Specialty stations can include a make-your-own-paella bar, fresh-pressed Cuban sandwiches, traditional hand-made empanadas and tamales, and so many more great Latin dishes. We can serve up a traditional whole Pig Roasts plus all the trimmings. So whether you are throwing a lunch for 20 friends or a major corporate event for 1,000, let Havana Central Catering plan your party.
- Entertainment: Live Latin music Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights.
- Special Events: The events that we have created with our clients are as varied as any event company has done. We do events from 12 to 500 people at our Havana Central locations. We provide fun and elegant service, a wide variety of the most delicious Latin cuisine, music from all over the Latin world and drinks that transport your guests to the Caribbean. If you want a unique event that will create a memory that your guests will never forget, contact one of our event managers.
Seated: Total Outdoor: 90 | Total Indoor: 290 | Main Dining: 130 | Private Dining 1: 12 | Private Dining 2: 110 (with option of 50 in one separate room or 60 in another separate room) | Bar: 38
Standing: Total Outdoor: 150 | Total Indoor: 500 | Main Dining: 210 | Private Dining 1: 20 | Private Dining 2: 200 (with option of approximately 100 in either of two separate rooms) | Bar: 70
A word from Havana Central Roosevelt Field Mall
Havana Central transports you to pre-Revolution Cuba with swanky decor, lively jazz, relaxing bar and beloved recipes. Traditional Cuban cooking is a labor of love: many dishes are slow-cooked over low heat and require constant attention to create that perfect flavor. Executive Chef Stanley Licairac has mastered the patience and style necessary to recreate old-world Cuban classics.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerCuban
Havana Central Roosevelt Field Mall - Best Restaurants in Garden City ›
Havana Central Roosevelt Field Mall reviews from OpenTable diners
209 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (137)great for outdoor dining (74)special occasion (74)hot spot (70)great for lunch (63)fit for foodies (61)vibrant bar scene (48)late-night find (48)romantic (47)kid-friendly (39)great for brunch (36)neighborhood gem (36)scenic view (9)notable wine list (6)Show More
- awesome spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014loved this place, but the music was too loud we sat in the back and we could not hear each other. Enjoyed it so much we are booked for oct 9Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!OkayDined on 9/27/2014Great experience! I have been there before and loved it bur it was my boyfriends first time and he loved it. He is a tough critic, very hard to please and he loved!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Soup is SuperbOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014Very friendly staff. Food is excellent. My favorite is the Cuban Black Bean soup. It is vegetarian and delicious. You must order it if you go.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014Service wa extremely slow. Drinks were not good. Seats in both were ripped and dirty. Food was tasty.Special Features:
- superior food, just dont be thirstyWilliet917Dined on 9/21/2014I've been here several times. Love the food, you can't beat good, authentic Cuban food. But oh my goodness, where is the liquor in the drinks?? How pathetic! They talk you into the pitcher of mojitos or margaritas and all you taste is ice and sour mix and mint leaves. You'd like to get a little buzz from the booze, but you don't even get a "b". Shameful. For the price you pay, very shameful.
- DinerDined on 9/21/2014I asked for a table away from the band and they tried to sit me directly in front of the band. I made a reservation through open table and they didn't check me in as having arrived.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the priceLovegoodfoodDined on 9/21/2014The service was fine. The brunch was nowhere near a good NY brunch deal. The brunch serving was an extremely small portion. The bill was $100 and we left yearning for more
- Nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014I went to celebrate my birthday here. The service was good n fast. The place is loud. As they have live music on Sunday. But is a happy environment. I have to say I did not like the sangria too strong n not enough fruit. But overall I loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!SaraVIPDined on 9/19/2014I am so impressed with the food here that I am flying back to NY for my 50th birthday party to have it there!Special Features:
- BandRigbVIPDined on 9/17/2014The live entertainment was too intrusive, i.e. too close, too loud. Should have been closer to the bar perhaps. Made it impossible to hear conversation with others at my table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun timeMezzalunaVIPDined on 9/14/2014The food is good if you are not a stickler for "authentic" cuban food. The drinks are devine but a little pricey. The service is spotty - it started at attentive and waned as we were there. We had to look around for our waiter a few times. The live band was so loud that we had to shout over it to talk - I hate that - it does not enhance the dining experience. The band should be set up so that it is background music, not a live concert! I found it to be very annoying.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerRosieDined on 9/13/2014Our second visit to Havana Central and everything was great from the service to the food!Special Features:
- adult night outlovetoeatDined on 9/12/2014My wife and I first visited your times square location several months ago. We enjoyed the food it was a Sunday we were seeing a play. We chose the restaurant for it's location and menu. We enjoyed it so when we decided to have an adult night with friends we went to the Roosevelt Field location because we did enjoy the food and figured on a Friday it would be upbeat which it was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be back!grlzniteoutDined on 9/12/2014Took a group there on my recommendation. They were not disappointed. Their house sangria was great. The food was really good. Their portion sizes were perfect. The waiter was attentive with a great personality. However when the band started up we had to scream at each other to continue the conversation. They did, however, sing happy birthday to my friend. Overall great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MagnificoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014I love Havana Central for years. The decor and atmosphere is amazing, makes me feel I'm in the island. Food is always Rico. Love the live music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LipglossloverDined on 9/8/2014This was my second time there and it's because I immediately thought of it for a family reunion with my father and his nephew and wife and daughter. A grand time was had by all!!Special Features:
- DeliciousLisaDined on 9/7/2014We have wanted to try this restaurant since it opened at this location - and were not disappointed. For a family who loves ethnic food in general and spanish food in particular, we thoroughly enjoyed the experience and the menu. Delicious, delicious, delicious.Special Features:
- A fabulous fiestaGoddessVIPDined on 9/5/2014This location is amazing as they have cabanas for larger parties. The sampler is amazing as you are able to taste a little of everything. My husband loves the crispy steak and I had the pineapple chicken (just ok). I loved the service and the live band will have you dancing in your seats. I can not wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!BossscorpioqueenDined on 9/5/2014This was my second time at Havana Central! First time at Roosevelt Field Mall location! The service was great because of Jessica our server! She made us feel very welcome! When there was a mistake with our order it was taken care of immediately and the manager Juan Carlos came over to make sure everything was done properly! We were celebrating my godsis' birthday and they brought out flan with a candle! The overall experience was amazing! Btw make sure to try the 51oz Rum Punch, everyone will wonder what you're drinking and its enough for 3 people to share!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!Doclarry1952Dined on 9/5/2014I've been meaning to eat here since they opened and finally made it! Boy, was I glad I did the food was excellent ,but what really impressed my wife, my kids, and Me was the wait staff. Not only did they look great but they knew the menu inside and out and knew how each dish was prepared. Our waiter in particular, Justin, at the Roosevelt field location, was phenomenal. We were so impressed that we called the manager over to tell him how great Justn was!. The live Latin music was an added bonus. We left extremely happy and knee that we would return very soon...such a great atmosphere...Enjoy!!!Special Features:
- IRATEEDined on 9/4/2014We went for our anniversary. We sat on table 303. Our waitress was Veronica. There is only one thing to say "EXCELLENT". The food, the ambience and the band Mambo Loco were great but Veronica with her pleasant personality and knowledge of foods and drinks knocked it out of the park. My partner and I have actually made a pact to visut this place at least once every two weeks kinda like a date nite. She loved it :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumsGreensThoughtsVIPDined on 9/3/2014The food and drinks are exquisite here, it's not your traditional mall restaurant for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service great, food meh.GoldenDinerDined on 9/2/2014Havana Central was recommended by my dining partner as she had eaten there with a group and wanted to try it again. If it were not for the attentive waitress and manager, I wouldn't even bother reviewing. Half of the "Havana" sign out front was out which is an indication of the condition of the restaurant. Our food was below average and my Mohito has so much mint, it looked like I was drinking my morning smoothie. Will not return.Special Features:
- DrinksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/1/2014Drinks were awful. The price was average to high. They lacked taste.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014I came here with my family to celebrate my parents 40th anniversary. The food was great and the band was awesome! They announced that my parents were celebrating their anniversary and played them a lovely piece and asked them to come up and dance. After that a bottle of champagne was brought to the table on the house for us all to enjoy! The staff did a great job in making this memorable occassion for my parents!Special Features:
- Need Valet ParkingtequilagirlDined on 8/31/2014My only complaint is you need valet parking. Your website said you had it on Sundays @ 1:00 but when we arrived it wasn't available. Even after the construction there is absolutely no parking. It took me 20 minutes to find a spot. I had to drop two elderly ladies (one handicapped) off at the door and let them walk in unattended because I couldn't leave my car because of the traffic. Your place is amazing, the food is great, the music is so much fun. We have come on Saturday nights as well w friends. Truly my only complaint is the parking situation. Some of the other restaurants right there offer the parking, you should as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014I really enjoyed my visit to Havana Central! The ambiance was fun and festive. This was perfect, as my family was celebrating my mother's 78 birthday! The staff was friendly and courteous and the band was excellent! Everyone in my party had a wonderful time.Special Features:
- great foodJessbellaDined on 8/30/2014This was amazing. we ordered a pitcher of mojito and mofongos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic! Love the ConceptExceptionalDined on 8/30/2014I was born in Cuba. Cuban culture, food, music is so tremendously different from other Hispanic cultures, food, music. I loved walking into your establishment and being pleasantly surprised you had captured the flavor of what to expect at a Cuban Restaurant. Great Job! I did miss our Cuban Tamales! Would love to see that in a Bar Menu in the future. I overheard other guest commenting how happy they were with the feel of the restaurant. I also visited your ladies room & it was clean & I was pleasantly surprised. I have stopped going to a restaurant when I see their facilities are not kept clean. Because these facilities are used by the staff that needs to remain sanitary. Amazing Experience! Planing on booking a party for friends soon.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationFoodieDined on 8/27/2014Upbeat place to celebrate a birthday. Good drinks, good entrees, good desserts, and good cappuccino. Staff is very friendly. Shrimp dishes are tasty and shrimps are a decent size. Guava sauce topped cheesecake is not too sweet or too heavy. Signed up online awhile ago and was pleasantly surprised when I received a nice discount coupon for my birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Drinks were small and expensive. Food was eh and expensive for what you get.Special Features:
- Great BrunchRosieDined on 8/24/2014Bored of the basic brunch places. Decided to try Havana Central. It was a great find! Food was great! Our waiter was prompt, courteous and informative. We are definitely returning to sample their dinner menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandinglove2dineDined on 8/23/2014food was fantastic ambience is great my boyfriend never been there and he loved it... love the music it was an awesome overall experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Fun PlaceFundguyVIPDined on 8/23/2014...with very decent food. Nothing we ate was a foodie's delight, but it all was good. We enjoyed the live music -- this felt like a party we happened to drop in on. The mojito was one of the best I've ever had.Special Features:
- great for date nite!yummo2Dined on 8/22/2014My husband and I went with another couple for the first time. Have always passed it by when going to Houstons. So glad we tried it. I had the pork shank, both husbands had the roasted pork, my friend had the shrimp and chicken salad. We tried apps and dessert. All was great! We sat in the middle dinning room which was where the music was. With reservations we had to wait an extra 10 minutes for that area. Wait staff was very attentive. Jose was our waiter. He was very talkative. Would call him a very thorough explainer....lol.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An exciting break from the usualLaLouDined on 8/22/2014The reservation made through Open Table was honored in a timely manner. Our waitress, Jessica, was friendly and attentive, making recommendations regarding amount of appetizer to order for our party of six, entree choices and explaining different foods for us. The food was excellent and plentiful, although one person in our party found the veal shank to be a bit fatty. The differently flavored mojitos were great. The atmosphere was great. Loved the music and dancing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatFoodieFanDined on 8/20/2014Every meal at Havana's is excellent. The food is fantastic and they definitely give you your money's worth (awesome portions). The ambiance is so cool and the staff is always great. Its a happening place which can make it a bit hard to have conversation but it's not too bad. Overall, I love going to Havana Central and look forward to going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- crankyDined on 8/19/2014The only problem was after a couple of minutes my steak got cold because the air conditioning was on . It was comfortable in restaurant because it was soon humid outside but my food got cold fastSpecial Features:
- Lively dining experienceKeepitchic112Dined on 8/15/2014This was my first time here with my husband and we were so glad we finally gave it a try. The live music set the tone for a real upbeat lively night. The food was delicious and the service was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food.foodie318Dined on 8/15/2014Great authentic Cuban food. Straight from the appetizer to the desserts. And there House Sangria was very good just needed a bigger glass. The server I feel could have came by the table a few more times to check on things. Also they add/show you how much 18 percent for a tip would be. I was a party of 2 not a party of 8. I don't feel that's necessary. Other then that I would recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.