Havana Central Roosevelt Field Mall
630 Old Country Road
Garden City, NY 11530Neighborhood:
CubanPrice: $30 and under
Havana Central Roosevelt Field Mall
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.havanacentral.com/
- Phone: 5167397900
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday to Wednesday 11:30am-10pm ------ Bar Closes at 10:30pm
Thursday 11:30-11pm -------Bar Closes at 11:30pm
Friday and Saturday 11:30am-Midnight ------Bar Closes at 12:30am
Special Lunch Menu is available Monday through Friday ONLY between the hours of 11:30 am-4pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Cuban, Latin / Spanish
- Executive Chef: Stanley Licairac
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Havana Central brings Cuba to your office, home or destination of your choice, serving the same fine food available at our restaurants.
Specialty stations can include a make-your-own-paella bar, fresh-pressed Cuban sandwiches, traditional hand-made empanadas and tamales, and so many more great Latin dishes. We can serve up a traditional whole Pig Roasts plus all the trimmings. So whether you are throwing a lunch for 20 friends or a major corporate event for 1,000, let Havana Central Catering plan your party.
- Entertainment: Live Latin music Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights.
- Special Events: The events that we have created with our clients are as varied as any event company has done. We do events from 12 to 500 people at our Havana Central locations. We provide fun and elegant service, a wide variety of the most delicious Latin cuisine, music from all over the Latin world and drinks that transport your guests to the Caribbean. If you want a unique event that will create a memory that your guests will never forget, contact one of our event managers.
Seated: Total Outdoor: 90 | Total Indoor: 290 | Main Dining: 130 | Private Dining 1: 12 | Private Dining 2: 110 (with option of 50 in one separate room or 60 in another separate room) | Bar: 38
Standing: Total Outdoor: 150 | Total Indoor: 500 | Main Dining: 210 | Private Dining 1: 20 | Private Dining 2: 200 (with option of approximately 100 in either of two separate rooms) | Bar: 70
A word from Havana Central Roosevelt Field Mall
Havana Central transports you to pre-Revolution Cuba with swanky decor, lively jazz, relaxing bar and beloved recipes. Traditional Cuban cooking is a labor of love: many dishes are slow-cooked over low heat and require constant attention to create that perfect flavor. Executive Chef Stanley Licairac has mastered the patience and style necessary to recreate old-world Cuban classics.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerCuban
Havana Central Roosevelt Field Mall - Best Restaurants in Garden City ›
Havana Central Roosevelt Field Mall reviews from OpenTable diners
214 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (137)special occasion (85)great for outdoor dining (81)hot spot (74)great for lunch (67)fit for foodies (59)romantic (52)great for brunch (46)kid-friendly (46)late-night find (45)vibrant bar scene (39)neighborhood gem (34)scenic view (10)notable wine list (5)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014I came here with my family to celebrate my parents 40th anniversary. The food was great and the band was awesome! They announced that my parents were celebrating their anniversary and played them a lovely piece and asked them to come up and dance. After that a bottle of champagne was brought to the table on the house for us all to enjoy! The staff did a great job in making this memorable occassion for my parents!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014I really enjoyed my visit to Havana Central! The ambiance was fun and festive. This was perfect, as my family was celebrating my mother's 78 birthday! The staff was friendly and courteous and the band was excellent! Everyone in my party had a wonderful time.Special Features:
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014This was amazing. we ordered a pitcher of mojito and mofongos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic! Love the ConceptOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014I was born in Cuba. Cuban culture, food, music is so tremendously different from other Hispanic cultures, food, music. I loved walking into your establishment and being pleasantly surprised you had captured the flavor of what to expect at a Cuban Restaurant. Great Job! I did miss our Cuban Tamales! Would love to see that in a Bar Menu in the future. I overheard other guest commenting how happy they were with the feel of the restaurant. I also visited your ladies room & it was clean & I was pleasantly surprised. I have stopped going to a restaurant when I see their facilities are not kept clean. Because these facilities are used by the staff that needs to remain sanitary. Amazing Experience! Planing on booking a party for friends soon.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationFoodieDined on 8/27/2014Upbeat place to celebrate a birthday. Good drinks, good entrees, good desserts, and good cappuccino. Staff is very friendly. Shrimp dishes are tasty and shrimps are a decent size. Guava sauce topped cheesecake is not too sweet or too heavy. Signed up online awhile ago and was pleasantly surprised when I received a nice discount coupon for my birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDisappointedDined on 8/24/2014Drinks were small and expensive. Food was eh and expensive for what you get.Special Features:
- Great BrunchRosieDined on 8/24/2014Bored of the basic brunch places. Decided to try Havana Central. It was a great find! Food was great! Our waiter was prompt, courteous and informative. We are definitely returning to sample their dinner menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandinglove2dineDined on 8/23/2014food was fantastic ambience is great my boyfriend never been there and he loved it... love the music it was an awesome overall experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Fun PlaceFundguyVIPDined on 8/23/2014...with very decent food. Nothing we ate was a foodie's delight, but it all was good. We enjoyed the live music -- this felt like a party we happened to drop in on. The mojito was one of the best I've ever had.Special Features:
- great for date nite!yummo2Dined on 8/22/2014My husband and I went with another couple for the first time. Have always passed it by when going to Houstons. So glad we tried it. I had the pork shank, both husbands had the roasted pork, my friend had the shrimp and chicken salad. We tried apps and dessert. All was great! We sat in the middle dinning room which was where the music was. With reservations we had to wait an extra 10 minutes for that area. Wait staff was very attentive. Jose was our waiter. He was very talkative. Would call him a very thorough explainer....lol.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An exciting break from the usualLaLouDined on 8/22/2014The reservation made through Open Table was honored in a timely manner. Our waitress, Jessica, was friendly and attentive, making recommendations regarding amount of appetizer to order for our party of six, entree choices and explaining different foods for us. The food was excellent and plentiful, although one person in our party found the veal shank to be a bit fatty. The differently flavored mojitos were great. The atmosphere was great. Loved the music and dancing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatFoodieFanDined on 8/20/2014Every meal at Havana's is excellent. The food is fantastic and they definitely give you your money's worth (awesome portions). The ambiance is so cool and the staff is always great. Its a happening place which can make it a bit hard to have conversation but it's not too bad. Overall, I love going to Havana Central and look forward to going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- crankyDined on 8/19/2014The only problem was after a couple of minutes my steak got cold because the air conditioning was on . It was comfortable in restaurant because it was soon humid outside but my food got cold fastSpecial Features:
- Lively dining experienceKeepitchic112Dined on 8/15/2014This was my first time here with my husband and we were so glad we finally gave it a try. The live music set the tone for a real upbeat lively night. The food was delicious and the service was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food.foodie318Dined on 8/15/2014Great authentic Cuban food. Straight from the appetizer to the desserts. And there House Sangria was very good just needed a bigger glass. The server I feel could have came by the table a few more times to check on things. Also they add/show you how much 18 percent for a tip would be. I was a party of 2 not a party of 8. I don't feel that's necessary. Other then that I would recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nothappyDined on 8/13/2014I called ahead to make a reservation, and when I got there I was stuck in the back room where we couldn't even see the entertainer.. Oh what we DID see was the back of the outside bar where all the DIRTY lunch dishes were piled up and the glasses with the remnants of drinks and food. After the bartender seeing my disappointed face, he then put up a privacy screen. C'Mon really. NOT HAPPY. Maybe it would have been a better experience if that didn't happen. Oh, Well.
- tototwoDined on 8/10/2014As good Cuban food that you can get in NY. Not as authentic as Miami but good when u can't be in Miami.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Sunday Brunch!moneek1119Dined on 8/10/2014We went here to celebrate a birthday and had a great time. Our server was Carlos and he was great at recommending dishes and drinks too…very attentive! For appetizer I order the empanadas with different fillings and all were great but the spinach and goat was so delicious…3 of us shared and had plenty. For lunch we all shared the salmon with mango chutney, peril and the rice and beans. Delicious flavors and presented well. And for dessert…the chocolate empanadas were outstanding. For drinks I highly recommend the mango mojito…so good!! The best part was the Cuban band playing live!! Outstanding experience….will def go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great upscale place for Cuban foodTryItMightLikeItDined on 8/9/2014Latin music band was great even though we ate between sets. Parking is still a bear as mall construction was ensuing. Free valet parking was unseen. Food was great. Recommend Vaca Frita, Picadillo, Mofongo, and Cuban Sandwich. Didn't see the Rabos Encedido, an unctuous oxtail dish. They push the Mojito, expectedly. The Passion Fruit Lemonade was tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LindaC1Dined on 8/9/2014Food hits the spot at a reasonable price. Service is fast a plus when you dine with kids. Not the most refined service but its fine overall.Special Features:
- Kay14Dined on 8/9/2014It was a wonderful experience. The food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableLadyJDined on 8/8/2014We had a good - the noise level was very high. Food was good Nice eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happy hourNYCmomVIPDined on 8/8/2014we went to happy hour before 7pm on friday. they have $6. drinks and $6. tapas. we had the sangria and wings, croquettes, empanadas and chorizo. We sat outside on a beautiful evening. It was fun to hang out with the girls.Special Features:
- THE FEEL OF A CLUB IN HAVANARICODined on 8/7/2014IT'S BEEN AWHILE SINCE VISITING CUBA BUT WHENEVER WE GO TO HAVANA CENTRAL THE WONDERFUL FEELING OF BEING THERE COMES BACK. OUR LAST VIST TO HAVANA CENTRAL WAS THE FIRST FOR US WHEN THERE WAS LIVE MUSIC AND IT WAS JUST THE RIGHT VOLUME TO CONTINUE CONVERSATION, ENJOY OUR MEAL(WHICH WAS DELICIOUS), AND PICK UP ON THE MAMBO VIBE THAT PULLS YOU TO DANCE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/1/2014My friends received their meals and mine was "on it's way". The server clearly forgot to enter my order, since it came about 20 minutes after everyone else's. I wish she would have been honest. Everyone's food got cold because they waited for mine to arrive. No apology, so it pretty much ruined our experience. All of our water glasses were literally empty and it was difficult to track down someone to get them refilled-It would be difficult to return. The food isn't cheap and the experience was poor.
- service needs improvementOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/1/2014The food was great but the service needs a big improvement. We waited to be seated for a 5:00 pm reservation for about 20 minutes even though the place was fairly empty. We were then seated at a table that had been empty the entire time. The waitress was very friendly but had to be reminded to bring lemons to us three times. The main course arrived while we were still eating our appetizers!!! Never had that happen before, anywhere!!. I will probably go back again because the food was so good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014food was good. have been there several times and have been satisfied. my last visit the service was not great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth it!!!BertaVIPDined on 7/31/2014This was our second time there and definitely our last one. Service was great, ambiance a bit loud but the food was tasteless. I love Cuban food and this was nothing close to Cuban food, even the plantains felt like they were cooked the day before. They need a new Chef!!!
- Cuban food made goodrbtwo4Dined on 7/30/2014Dunno if I would say its the BEST Cuban food but it was good. Id definitely come back. only issues I had was the service it seemed non existent dunno why for a Wednesday night. got to the table and there were forks missing. I dunno maybe it was an off night but id go again. oh and the tres leches dessert was AWESOMESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Baldwin Couple27BaldwinCoupleDined on 7/26/2014Took my husband there for a birthday dinner. Waitress was very pushy. We didn't even finish our appetizers before she kept interrupting us about our entree. Literally she came to our table every 30 seconds. I told my husband they must be closing and if so then they should not allowed me to make a reservation for 9:30 So entree was ordered and given to us while we were still eating appetizers. We were there a few days ago when the last waitress was talking so much she forgot to order our appetizers. Too much congregating among staff. The roast pork monfongo was good but the monfongo can use sauce. It was very dry eating it with the meat. Love the music and overall friendly and smiling staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exactly what I hoped for.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Delicious food, live entertainment; I am looking forward to making a return trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will revisitchesswinoDined on 7/26/2014A Cuban style restaurant with very good food. The braised pork shank, roast half chicken and skirt steak were excellent. The pulled pork dinner was not well received. Worthy of a second visit. Loud Cuban band was the downer, thank goodness we were a room away.Special Features:
- Most Enjoyable!Lastdance8Dined on 7/26/2014This place is a gem. Had night out with hubby and we loved the food, service and especially the location. Our appetizer came quickly not long after our meal came. It was great. The perfect ending to the night - we were able to dance before heading home. AWESOME!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014Sangria is nice and strong. Food was very tasty. Service was extremely attentive, kind, speedy and accurate. Nice crowd. Live music is a plus. Only drawback is that it's in the mall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great customer serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Upon arriving, you're greeted by a warm, friendly staff. The live band is great entertainment for a night of fun. Unfortunately, our food did not arrive hot but the wait staff and manager went above and beyond to replace our meals and make the experience a wonderful one. I will definitely be returning soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014I really enjoyed Havana Central. The food was great and there was an excellent live band playing beautiful music. I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun in CubaLiv4lunchDined on 7/18/2014Great food, unbelievable Mohitos by the pitcher , go on the weekend, fun bands get up and party. Don't forget your credit cardSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ProjmEdwinDined on 7/12/2014Went with another couple on a Saturday night. Have a reservation and was promptly seated at the table near the back as requested. They had a live band playing but we found it to loud and at times it was hard to converse with our friends. Waiter was pleasant and knowledgeable when asked about the various dishes. We all enjoyed the food that we ordered although the service was slow and no one asked us if everything was okay during the meal. Drinks were pricey when you consider the small glasses that they are served in. 18% service charge was automatically added on to the bill for a party of 4 which is not common. To be fair, the waiter did tell us the gratuity had been added on.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014food was great. Service was great. Music was great. What more can I saySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Enjoyable dinner, food was good, mojito was wonderful and staff was excellent.Special Features: