Havana Central Ridge Hill
Ridge Hill Shopping Center
1 Ridge Hill Blvd
Yonkers, NY 10710Neighborhood:
CubanPrice: $30 and under
Havana Central Ridge Hill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.havanacentral.com/
- Phone: 9144235500x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Menu Served: Monday - Friday 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 11:30am-11:00pm
Friday & Saturday 11:30am-12:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Cuban, Latin / Spanish
- Executive Chef: Stanley Licairac
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Havana Central Ridge Hill
Havana Central transports you to pre-Revolution Cuba with swanky decor, lively jazz, relaxing bar and beloved recipes. Traditional Cuban cooking is a labor of love: many dishes are slow-cooked over low heat and require constant attention to create that perfect flavor. Executive Chef Stanley Licairac has mastered the patience and style necessary to recreate old-world Cuban classics.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Havana Central Ridge Hill - Best Restaurants in Yonkers ›
Havana Central Ridge Hill reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (36)special occasion (31)great for lunch (26)fit for foodies (23)great for outdoor dining (22)romantic (18)neighborhood gem (18)vibrant bar scene (18)hot spot (16)late-night find (15)great for brunch (13)kid-friendly (12)scenic view (8)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Celebrating in the neighborhoodCosycorner2Dined on 8/31/2014I appreciated the cosines that Havana central brings, without the travel and hassle into Manhattan. This is the second occasion I had the pleasure of entertaining my guest, and they loved it. The music, ambiance, and familiar food (rice, beans, yuca) brings a mixed crowd together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, watered down drinksAdamDined on 8/29/2014I went with my girlfriend to go have some food , drinks and listen to some live music. The food was awesome . I had skirt steak and my girl had the mango salmon . The live music was awesome. We ordered drinks and it was watered down. I would give it a 5 star, but since all the drinks were watered down so much . I would say a 3 star.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Waitress Darlene was great! Food was amazing. Good live band Friday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent time at Havana Central!RBecky4Dined on 8/16/2014We had a party of 7 for a family get together on Saturday. Made reservations on-line. From start to finish, we all had a great time with great food and sangria. Everything came out in a timely manner, didn't feel rushed at all. Our waitress was wonderful. Overall a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good timeMariaDined on 8/14/2014No complaints and that's a lot coming from me......good time all aroundSpecial Features:
- A great dinner spotFoodGoddessDined on 8/13/2014I love Cuban food, so I brought a friend who never had it before. Well now she is a Cuban food lover...she had the arroz con pollo and I had the picadillo. Both dishes were wonderfully flavored...we had the appetizer sampler which was so delicious. the plate presentation is appealing, and we enjoyed the mojitos ALOT. To end the dinner we enjoyed a sampling of the desserts..the flan, churros and tres leches cake. Our server was charming and attentive. we couldn't ask for a better place to eat on many levels. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- waiter added a 18% TIP!!!!!yakJDined on 8/5/2014I took my 2 kids out for dinner at Havana central Rid I had a big problem when the waiter brought my check with an added 18% for graturity!!!! The original bill was 157, he added a whole 27.86 , when i questioned it he got a bit testy. HAVANA CENTRAL NEED TO STOP ADDING GRATURITY TO CUSTOMER'S ESPECIALLY OF ITS A SMALL PARTY OF ONLY 3 PEOPLE. PLUS CUSTOMERS COME OUT TO SPEND THEIR MONEY IN YOUR RESTAURANT, WHY ARE YOU HUSTLING THEM ??? SINCE WHEN DOES GRATURITY BECOMES A PART OF ONE'S BILL? I WAS VERY VERY UPSET. I asked him to remove it, he came back with the amount charged but crossed out in a green ink pen, and disappeared for further clarification. NOT GOOD!!!Special Features:
- FairRidgeloverDined on 7/21/2014Food was mediocre. Server was friendly but didn't check in enough. Waited 20 minutes for check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just awfulNYCfoodieDined on 7/20/2014After being seated, ordered the plantains and guacamole. Chips were cold and stale. Our meals never came, and after a wait of an hour wait, they brought one dish but not one we had ordered. Wife insisted we leave at that point.
- Great food!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014This was a great spot to celebrate our anniversary! The food was great and the music playing was just perfect!!! Glad we came!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love this placeMamaJenDined on 7/5/2014We always enjoy going to Havana.. The food is always very good and tasty.. However this time when we went the music sounded a little " warped" we really wanted to say something because it was hard to tune it out...but overall we do like it there and will be returning..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why did we wait to go there?katnartDined on 7/4/2014Our waiter (Luis) was wonderful...answered our questions and made recommendations but did not oversell....I hate overselling! Although it was a busy night we didn't have to wait too long to get served......and when we did it was delish! The portions were really too large for us to finish so we took the rest home and had it the next day....none of the taste was compromised! I was struck by the good attitudes of all the waitstaff....not a grump among them even on such a busy night! By the way, we do not cook with salt at home but use many other spices, so I was concerned the food might be too salty for us....but no, it was perfect.Special Features:
- poor servicebrinasdiningDined on 7/1/2014waiter was not accommodating and did not display poor hygiene when wrapping take out order.Special Features:
- Fab Kid CelebrationBittyDined on 6/26/2014My boyfriend honestly thought I was crazy to take my daughter whom was turning 8 to Havana's for a dinner celebration. But to my delight he was proven wrong. We've had a multitude of romantic dinners at the Havana Central located in midtown NYC (45th street) so it was hard not to think of the sultry adult atmosphere. However, my daughter loved the restaurant. Our server ensured we were well accomodated for even with the unexpected arrival of my ex-husband. The food was delilious. I didn't think my request to have dessert presented with a lit candle would have been remembered but it was. Thank you so much for helping us acknowledge our daughter on her 8th birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food! Excellent staff.Foodi3Dined on 6/25/2014Dining experience was great. Manager stopped by to see how we were enjoying how meal. Staff was fast and efficient. Food was great cSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Cuban CuisineRock21Dined on 6/20/2014The food and service was great. After a movie we came back for more apple mojito and enjoy their live band! I would say that was the icing on our cake! Best night ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice SpotRCruzDined on 6/18/2014We joined you for a birthday/graduation lunch. It was nice of manager to honor the birthday email even though we didnt print it. We enjoyed everything that we orderedSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014We were disappointed that they did not serve the brunch menu for Father's Day... That was the reason we selected the restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I enjoyed it.jbellDined on 6/14/2014The Food in the Ridgehill location is better than in Manhattan, the flavors were nice. It has a nice atmosphere, the food was delicious and served in good time. The staff was friendly. They give you boxes to pack your own leftovers rather than do it for you, but that's not a big issue for me, it just took me by surprise a little.Special Features:
- A great birthday dinner was ruinedNothappyDined on 6/2/2014The service was nonexistent. I could not get my waiter to respond to my requests. Another young lady named Ursula (who was not my server) was the best part of the evening. She saw our distress and aided us at every turn. To make matters worse i checked my credit card statement and i was charged twice fir the meal and both charges were inaccurate. I called to speak ti the manager abd was told that he was fired. The interim nanager has called me twice but has not resolved my credit card statement after a week. I have been to all of the Havana centrals in New York and have never experienced such incompetency. Meanwhile, it is obs of my favorite restaurants, usually because if the service and the food. I may never go back again. Such a shame.
- LOVE LOVE LOVEYzabellaDined on 5/31/2014Never A disappointment. Fast, Quick, Friendly and with an Awesome Ambiance! I always recommend and will continue to return.Special Features:
- great foodadbxDined on 5/30/2014The mofongo with shrimp was delicious. Great music a little loud but it was entertaining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Latin mealYummy4tummyDined on 5/24/2014Food is delicious and affordable whether its spur of the moment or a special occasion I would definitely recommend dining here. Be sure to leave home with and empty stomach because they give very generous portionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Havana at ridgehillKatyaDined on 5/23/2014While the food and service was outstanding, me and my family found the noise level too loud. Given it was a Friday night and we had dinner at 9pm, the DJ had the music on so unreasonably loud that any chance of a decent conversation without a yelling at someone or even to our waiter was nil. I would think that a bar/restaurant would at least wait till after dinner service at 10 pm before cranking up the music. Otherwise we had a lovely waitress, Chantel, and food came out quick and yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly ServiceJen4224Dined on 5/23/2014We celebrated the departure of a co-worker. Everyone enjoyed their food and drinks. There were no complaints. The manager came over to us and asked us if everything was satisfactory. We told her why we were there and she sent us a dessert sampler. Everyone loved it, there was a little debate as to which dessert was best but overall, everything was great.Special Features:
- The following 265 reviews are from the Havana Central Ridge Hill reviews archive.
- Mother's Day!JmoralesDined on 5/12/2014We had a reservation but somehow it didn't show up. I showed them the email and even though there was a 3 hour wait they took care of us and seated us immediately. The service was slow but the place was so packed I excepted it. The entertainment and food was awesome. Would definitely recommend and will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All around great choicetrysomethingnewDined on 5/11/2014My husband hadn't made a Mother's Day reservation at one of our favorite restaurants so I decided that I'd make a reservation at someplace new. Considering he and my daughter can be a bit basic when it comes to food, it was a day for me and I wanted something different all the while hoping they'd too be satisfied. It was a score! We were seating as soon as we arrived which was a few minutes before out actual reservation time, the waiter was prompt, friendly and helped us make some dish choices. I will definitely dine at Havana Central again!Special Features:
- NostalgicFreddyDined on 5/11/2014Ambience is great, food is good and staff was friendly.Special Features:
- My initial visitrubemeisterDined on 5/11/2014Decorated beautifully. Got a feeling of being in Havana. My dish was not as hot as I would have wanted it to be. A bit pricey but understandable for the area. Service was great. Waiter was extremely nice and pleasant. Would probably go again. Fans overhead were a nice touch but they tend to cool off food. Delicious cheescake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my experiencemyreviewsDined on 5/10/2014the service was good, the food was good, with the food that i ordered the portion size could have been a little bit more. i did notice that other meals seemed to be a decent size. overall it was a good experience, i'll order something different next time.Special Features:
- Don't recommenddenke211Dined on 5/10/2014The food is way overpriced and not very good. The service is slow, it took us about 35-40 minutes to just get our appetizer which was very overpriced for the amount and quality of it. The food was the worst cuban food I've had.
- Great FoodMJAN1234Dined on 5/10/2014I had a reservation for 6. We were greeted and seated quickly. The server took long to come to our table. The food was delicious! The sangria's are to die for!Special Features:
- liketoeatVIPDined on 5/6/2014Havana Central is a chain of restaurants, this one being a Ridge Hill in Westchester. The food is very good Cuban style, and portions are generous. The paella is very well seasoned and has plenty of seafood. My wife's pernil (roast pork) was also very good. Havana Central provides good food at a reasonable price.
- Very NiceFunFunFunDined on 5/3/2014Our waitress Ursula and the wait staff who were extremely attentive to our group. The food was good but the rice was a bit dry & the pernil was more salty than flavorful. The chicken empanadas were AMAZING!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- incredibleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014It was a nice experience I went with my husband and we love the food, appetizers, the service was fast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodJunyDined on 4/28/2014Server was great nice guy attend very well, food was a dissapointment I wanted to go to a Cuban restaurant for a while and went to this one my meat was burnt and the lobster salad was that imitation crab meat paid 28 for it was a waist don't mind paying for food but that was really bad and the chimichurri was really nasty with an after taste my wife arroz con pollo tasted like sea food really wanted to go back eat the ropa vieja plate but won't waist my money there no more first restaurant in all NY I left dissaponted
- OutstandingMisscruzDined on 4/25/2014Customer service was amazing!! Only part i didnt enjoy was the Fried Calamari. (Was over cooked) but overall i will be visiting again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine and DancedancendineDined on 4/25/2014My husband and I went for the first time. It was fun. The food was good, music was great and drinks were good. A dance floor is recommended, the music was so good I was dancing in my seat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tastes like home!CubanitaDined on 4/20/2014I have been to Havana Central several times and the food never disappoints. It's wonderfully seasoned and tastes like Cuba. It is always crowded (because the food is fab) and therefore it's very noisy. Will be coming back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsCarmenDined on 4/20/2014The food here is great as is the service - if you are looking for flava - this is the spot. Its lively - its energetic...I love this place.Special Features: