Havana - Alma de Cuba
94 Christopher St.
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
CubanPrice: $30 and under
Havana - Alma de Cuba
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.havananyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 242-3800
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Cuban, Latin / Spanish
- Executive Chef: Gerardo Tlapa
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Delivery, Entertainment, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch
- Private Party Facilities: The Havana Room, available for parties up to 65 guests, is ideal for birthdays, rehearsal dinners, christening and anniversaries.
A word from Havana - Alma de Cuba
Tucked in a cozy street corner in the heart of the West Village, Havana Alma de Cuba exudes the warmth and flavor of an authentic Cuban restaurant. The rhythmic palpitations of salsa and merengue, and the extraordinary scents of exotic dishes permeates the air. More Information: email@example.comContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Havana - Alma de Cuba reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (28)fit for foodies (16)great for outdoor dining (11)good for groups (10)romantic (10)great for lunch (9)great for brunch (7)special occasion (6)hot spot (5)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Excellent Cuban Spot in the West VillageAndrewVIPDined on 11/15/2014Definitely a neighborhood hot spot. This Cuban restaurant was jam packed and had live music and a very lively, fun atmosphere. The food and drinks were delicious, especially the mojitos, meatballs, chorizos, empanadas, and ox tail. Priced quite reasonably. Very fun dinner. Would highly recommend it, and will hopefully be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LC0212Dined on 11/14/2014The food was delicious and the service was good. The live music is entertaining however it was a bit loud.Special Features:
- A slice of Cuba in the VillageLorraineVIPDined on 11/8/2014This restaurant was suggested to me by Yelp, based on other places I've visited. It's quite small, and the friend I went with said he loved it. Some reviews called it romantic, but not sure I would agree. The restaurant, with it's "fresco" paintings, quick wait service, the live music, soft lighting, delicious food . . . was perfect. I can't wait to go back with more friends!! WE started with Mojitos (of course) and then the ceviche, Vaca Frita, with Yucca and finished with Flan de coco and Empanaditas De Guayaba and of course Cafe con Leche! It was all served in perfect timing, we enjoyed to live music and everything was very well priced. Add to that being able to park on the street!! (Drove in from NJ)Can't wait to do it again!Special Features:
- Great Spot in the West Village!got2bDined on 11/7/2014This tiny gem is a great restaurant fused with Spanish and Cuban cuisine. Don't forget to be there in time for Happy Hour, $5 for any margarita, mojito or sangria! Great service, affordable, and live music on Friday nights!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unexpected finddineoutdameDined on 10/29/2014There is a man rolling cigars in the front window for starts...We were hungrry so went right for the entrees. I had a lite and flaky seabass on a brussels sprouts/rice mixture with a lite red pepper sauce. It was very delicious and 22$. I think the prices were very fair for the quality of food. The room is very small and romantic but there was a couple with a sweet baby nearby which added to the local atmosphere of the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum YumOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014I was in the mood for some Cuban food and this was perfect! Food was great...Mojitos has real sugar cane in it yum !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attentive service, delicious food!SyracusemomVIPDined on 10/24/2014My husband and I dined here for the first time and loved it. The recommendations made were spot on - we started with a special shrimp appetizer and the chorizo, both wonderful, especially the shrimp. There was live music that was just the right volume. We were afraid the dinner was going to come out too fast since the appetizers came out quickly and when we voiced our concern, he told us just to let him know when we would be ready, which was perfect. All in all, a fantastic evening! We will be back.Special Features:
- ai726Dined on 9/19/2014Wonderful experience. Delicious menue,attentive waiter, and the live music made it for a wonderful dining experience on a Friday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014I've been here for a group b-day dinner and date night and it was great both times. Food and drink are wonderful and the ambiance is quite nice. Friendly service as well.Special Features:
- Live music during dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/12/2014Had a lovely meal here Friday night with my wife. Very romantic with a glass of cava and live music. Food was delicious, we had ceviche, yuca, snapper, and salmon. Right in the heart of Christopher street. Loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinnerpaleomjcDined on 8/16/2014Excellent dining experience. Pork tenderloin and pescado enjoyed at the table. Also wonderful caipirinha and tamarind drink (mojito?). Service terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 390 reviews are from the Havana - Alma de Cuba reviews archive.
- Birthday DinnerRedrDined on 7/19/2014I brought my father all the way down to the city from CT to meet up with family and friends for his birthday! We had a wonderful time. Though the wait staff was not very accommodating or friendly, they got the job done and we enjoyed our experience and the company.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Place But...mhnycDined on 7/8/2014It seemed rushed. Waiter asked for drink order literally 5 seconds after giving us the drink menu to look at. He just rushed to get order...place was busy but there weas no need to rush on a weekday night.Special Features:
- Just OKFOODIEVIPDined on 6/27/2014We were seated at the second dining toom - I think it is their party room - the waiter was bordering fresh - thin line between friendly service and being fresh ... and the noise level gave us a headache ... sad - the place has a lot of potential - will try again but make sure next time we don't get the rude waiter and not get seated in the party room ...
- Good food, pretty settingakka27VIPDined on 6/25/2014Very nice little find with a relaxing garden, good food, and great drinks!Special Features:
- I recommend itOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 6/9/2014Good service, good atmo, good portions, good drinks, good value.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly Surprised....janettnycVIPDined on 6/1/2014Now that the nice weather has finally arrived, was looking for a place in the neighborhood with outdoor space. We had a lovely dinner here > interesting cocktails, several appealing specials and very good seafood paella. The service was attentive. Looking forward to going back.Special Features:
- Went for brunchBant123456789Dined on 5/25/2014Drinks strong and unlimited Food was great! Will come back for the brunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Cuban food!DrJN68VIPDined on 5/18/2014Sat in the outside area in the back. It was very nice and comfortable. Would eat here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaveyDDined on 5/12/2014Food and drinks were excellent. Great find in "The Village". Sit out back, much cozier.Special Features:
- Last minute findOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Food was great. Service was excellent. Found it walking around the village in Manhattan.I would go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bday dinnergodzilloDined on 5/10/2014This place is great, this would be about the 5th time Ive been here and I always say afterward, why did it take so long to come back? The food is great, I had ropa vieja and she had bistec palomilla. Their specialty cocktail menu is excellent as well. Try the Passion de Cuba. But seriously, dont skip this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gmatuseDined on 5/1/2014Good food and good service. Comfortable and nice atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatAwesomenessDined on 4/30/2014Food and Service was top notch. Will for sure hit this place up again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunch on the patioSkifanDined on 4/27/2014Great garden patio Nice menu 2 hour unlimited drinks were great! Service was a bit slow for brunch, but it was expected as it was busy. I would go back and would recommend to a friend.Special Features:
- Great Cuban "soul" food!CubanfoodieDined on 4/19/2014The food tasted almost as good as my mom used to make (and that's saying a lot), and the service is always warm, impeccable and friendly. My first visit we sat inside and were treated to live music, guitar and bongo. Second visit was delightful on the patio -- just wish we could have heard the music outside! I get to NYC at least once a year and always make it a point to try to eat here. Just love it.Special Features:
- Great as alwaysDaveDined on 4/18/2014Vaca frita was very good, as were the empanadas. The wife and i also ordered a pitcher of sangria - delicious. This is one of our favorite restaurants in the village. We highly reccomend it, but make sure to make reservations, as it gets busy quickly.Special Features:
- Very good valuemrsCVIPDined on 4/2/2014My only criticism is don't eat here too late. We ate here at 9:15pm and some of the food was dry and/or had burned edges. The roasted pig was fabulous (and a huge portion) ... the pork chop great. The rice/beans were dry as a bone and the tamal had a very burned edge. But the food was good otherwise.Special Features:
- The last time I eat here theOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/28/2014The last time I eat here the service was great. This time was the opposite. The entrees took a hour to arrive. The server seemed upset all night. He never smiled. He never thanked us for eating there.Special Features:
- This place has excellent CubanOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/26/2014This place has excellent Cuban food. We tried the Ropa Vieja, Sea Bass, roasted corn and yucca fries which were all delicious. And we loved imbibing on many Blueberry Caipirinhas.Special Features:
- Great night out!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/22/2014Havana was a great find! The server was very attentive and energetic, there was live music (guitar and singer), lively atmosphere and delicious food. I never had cuban food before and was not disappointed. Their appetizers were a great start for our group and then we shared some main dishes. Definitely recommend for a lively dinner out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Low Key, but excellentjudybVIPDined on 3/17/2014Small place in a nice Greenwich Village location. Went out with friends, looking for someplace where we could talk (on St. Patrick's Day) and this place was perfect. Good food, good service, reasonably priced. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Cuban!!!!SembsDined on 3/15/2014Great menu. Limited # of specials but delicious ones. Great atmosphere for romantic dinner in room by garden. Loved it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cuban food at it's best inYolyOVIPDined on 3/15/2014Cuban food at it's best in one of the liveliest neighborhoods in town. We've had just about everything on their menu and have never been disappointed. The service is attentive and the drinks are terrific. It's a small intimate place with a lovely outdoor terrace. A must if you're in the mood for great Latin food!Special Features:
- A mini trip to CubamfnycVIPDined on 3/14/2014We went here the other night with a coupon deal. We were more than pleasantly surprised. The food was very tasty and Sangria very good. This place is better than similar type restaurants nearby. The service was friendly and accommodating. There even was live music that added to the atmosphere. Even without the coupon, it is very reasonable. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- West Village CubanStephenVIPDined on 3/11/2014Small, quiet, Cuban resto with excellent food, good drinks, good service and reasonable prices. Would not cross country to go here, but nice place in Village. Pleasant, friendly style, with lots of good food.Special Features:
- Great find in the VillageSangrialoverDined on 2/22/2014Sangria is great, lots of food options (veg, fish, meat), delicious ceviche. Very close to 1,9 subway stop. Food has a lot of flavor and not salty. Paella is my favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice West Village FindVeronicaDined on 2/21/2014Enjoyed the restaurant's menu, location and ambience. Will try again when in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Food was fantasticCynthiaDined on 2/17/2014We dined tapas style and were not disappointed. The ceviche was especially stellar.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had Valentine's Day dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2014Had Valentine's Day dinner with my husband and we had a wonderful experience. The prixe fix menu for the occasion was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.