405 Espanola Way
Miami Beach, FL 33139Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
CubanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.havana1957.com/
- Phone: 3055033828
- Hours of Operation:
Daily Hours: Sunday - Thursday: 9:00am - 1:00am; Friday - Saturday: 9:00am - 2:00am
Breakfast 9.00 - 11.45 am
Lunch 11.45 - 5pm
Dinner 5pm to close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Cuban
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Late Night, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from Havana 1957
Welcome to Havana 1957, real and authentic Cuban flavors located at one of the most popular corners in South Beach; Española Way.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Havana 1957 reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (31)hot spot (19)neighborhood gem (18)good for groups (16)fit for foodies (12)special occasion (10)scenic view (8)vibrant bar scene (8)great for lunch (7)romantic (6)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (4)great for brunch (2)Show More
- The House Special ChickenWandermanDined on 9/18/2014Chicken so soft mulch like butter in your mouth. I was almost convinced I could cut it with a fork! Great food in the heart of South Beach, a trip back In time. Great for local dining and The perfect winter formal evening out for when you have guests in town. A true flavor of the American Caribbean. Five star casual Cuban evening out for sure.Special Features:
- Great place for a small groupKatrinaDined on 9/13/2014We wanted to try Cuban food and loved this place. The mango mojito was the best :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great find!newrestaurantsDined on 8/31/2014My friend wanted to take me to a good Cuban restaurant while in South Beach, and the front desk of the Betsy Hotel recommended Havana 1957 at 405 Espanola Way--just walking distance from the hotel. What a wonderful treat this restaurant turned out to be! They serve cold water and delicious crisp plantain chips to start. I ordered their Havana 1957 Specialty which was a traditional roasted chicken in their wonderful Cuban gravy served with white rice, black beans, salad and sweet plantains and it was out-of-this-world delicious. The chicken was so moist and tender and delicious that if fell off the bone. DO NOT miss having dinner here while in South Beach! A real treasure.Special Features:
- Excelent food!VinimehlDined on 8/24/2014Excellent food, excellent service, excellent atmosphere and great spot right on the corner of Spanola. The place is always packed, make sure you make a reservation before showing up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing specialLino62Dined on 8/23/2014We were advice to take the house specialty and it was just a regular chicken not even tasty. It is a really commercial restaurant.
- Not what we expectedLdinerDined on 8/16/2014We went here with our kids the other night. Service was good and the food was fine but it wasn't the Cuban experience we were hoping for. Very touristy street and the restaurant was part of this. Depends what you're looking for.
- BazildogBazildogDined on 8/10/2014Great food, little pricey but very energetic and dynamic touristy environment. Do not expect a quite romantic meal. Sit on street with high foot traffic or in small compact dinning area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and kid friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/3/2014Nice restaurant. It is cozy (read small) but very cute. We were traveling in town and wanted to try some Cuban food at a place where we could take our 6 year old. We have this place a try and it didn't let us down. They have a kids menu of three items but really that's all you need when you have a little kid dining with you. If you go definitely try their chicken special. It's delicious. Their Moros is fantastic too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PricyMattDined on 8/2/2014This Havana was located at the corner of Espanola way. Price was discouraging and their thin steak was awful.Special Features:
- Had such a good time!FoodieDined on 8/1/2014Great ambiance and great food. Came here with a group of 10 girls - many of us trying cuban food for the first time and we absolutely loved it. Service was great and we all enjoyed our dishes. Plus, the location of the restaurant was perfect. Espaniola way was such a cute and vibrant street. We'll definitely be coming back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrific Cuban foodMattVIPDined on 7/31/2014A great selection of Cuban cuisine at very reasonable prices. Portions are good size. Service was friendly and efficient.Special Features:
- Havana 1957BettyfdzDined on 7/26/2014Havana 1957 was a great restaurant to dine in. The place is small, and it was too hot to sit outside, but the waiter and the ambiance made the dining experience outstanding.Special Features:
- Havana 1957 too institutional!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/26/2014Unfortunately, our experience was underwhelming. The food seemed pre-prepared and reminded us of a cafeteria. Too bad because the concept is terrific.Special Features:
- buen restaurant comida cubanaEXCELENTEDined on 7/25/2014bien ubicado, buen servicio, precios un poco caro porque la comida no es excelente, es buena nada mas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not greatKevinDined on 7/20/2014I was disappointed and felt let down after all the reviews I had looked at. Maybe just not my style. Food showed no passion.Special Features:
- Amazing!JudiDined on 7/18/2014Our last night in Miami and we hadn't had any Cuban food? Impossible! We went online a did a search for the best Cuban food in Miami and the name of this restaurant kept coming up at the top of everyone's list, with not a single poor review to be found. The food here was impeccable. Huge portions served very casually, very friendly and helpful service, great sidewalk cafe seating in the heart of buzzing Washington Ave., and a perfectly curated selection of aged rums. I ordered the Lechon Asado, a slow-roasted pork dish smothered in sau·téd onions and served with moro rice and soft, unctuous yuca. Comfort food at its best! My husband ordered Churrasco a la Cubana and cleaned his plate! Get the flan for dessert- thick, rich and creamy!I would recommend this to a friend.
- best food in townmikesantadumit1Dined on 7/16/2014my wife and I love the food, we sat out side no issues , the service is great. I had the panonillas and wife had the chicken Classico. The mojo is excellent the wife had the white sangria- could be a littleSpecial Features:
- Highly disappointedBuba12Dined on 7/8/2014We had reservations and arrived a little early so we had drinks at the bar. We waited at the bar endlessly and would probably still be there now. Thank goodness We left and had dinner somewhere else. From what I observed the service is very slow as well. The restaurant is extremely small inside if you don't want to sit in the sidewalk and Inhale car fumes while eating or getting wet when it rains. I would never ever go to this place again, not even for drinks.
- 2ND TIME, Food and Service was okLuv2spoilDined on 7/7/2014Visit NY again and decide to go back to Havana. As always this is a laud place so if you want to chat, you better be ready to scream. which had no taste and was cold. Service is always slow but that is a known issue so they met expectationsSpecial Features:
- Awesome Cuban Food!!LaurenDined on 7/5/2014My partner and I recently dined here and I must say the boiled yuca is excellent there, best I ever had. I had the fish of the night and my partner had the bife, a thin but large slice of great beef. Both were very good and came with authentic rice and beans. The mojitos are totally necessary if you've never had sugar cane before, although I think they were a bit overpriced for the size. I guess that's South Beach for you, though. Española Way is excellent for people watching. We actually saw Jason Mamoa (who played Khal Drago in Game of Thrones) walk right by our table to get a cigar next door, totally star struck! We highly recommend this place, great location and food.Special Features:
- GREAT FIND!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/3/2014Havana 1957 was a great find for us! We loved everything about it from the neighborhood, ambience, service, host, food -- all PHENOMENAL!!!Special Features:
- Excellent!!!AtomicjhDined on 7/2/2014The food was amazing!!! The best Cuban food I have ever had!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food , room for improvementAngstDined on 6/9/2014Good was decent , my steak could of been seasoned better . Shrimp were good . No effort by the staff to check me in on my open table reservationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeTillmoore2014VIPDined on 6/5/2014I wish we could fly to Miami every weekend to eat here!! Food and service were both above my expectationsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great dinnerColoradoDaveDined on 5/31/2014On a visit to South Beach with our grown sons had a terrific dinner at Havana 1957. Loved sitting outside though the inside looked even more authentic. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun area but lackluster foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/30/2014We were seated outside and the staff were friendly. It was great people watching. But the food was so-so. I had the Cuban steak and, while I didn't expect a choice cut, it was very tough and hard to chew. If came with a pile if rice and some plantains. Nothing to write home about.Special Features:
- Meraviglioso!StevieBDined on 5/23/2014Abbiamo mangiato benissimo, il personale è stato carinissimo, gentile e disponibile...trattati come a casa di amici! Mariana è stata squisita!!! Per non parlare poi della musica...io e mia moglie non riuscivamo a non ballare, anche con la forchetta in mano! Fantastico...e abbiamo speso il giusto...meno di 100 dollari per un antipasto misto per due e due piatti completi di carni, fagioli, riso, e una caraffa di buonissima sangria! Imperdibile!!! Grazie. Stefano e Giulia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and servicejivewrhDined on 5/23/2014If you drop a napkin or finish a dish... it's gone in 30 seconds or less. Quite an operation and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 75 reviews are from the Havana 1957 reviews archive.
- Accommodating for KidsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/17/2014We added a child to our party at the last minute and the stuff was wonderfully accommodating. Set us up with a table on the Española side with a high chair so we weren't in anyone's way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnimpressedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/17/2014We were excited to try Havana 1957 and were told that this was the original location. The food was good, but the service and experience was lousy. Our waitress wanted only to push the specials and then be done with us. We were rushed from one course to another and then ignored when we turned down dessert to finish the sangria we barely had time to drink with the rushed food. Espanola Way has many restaurants and I would not return to this one.
- A bit rushed...2dinersVIPDined on 5/16/2014Food and service were outstanding, but at one point I noticed the manager gesturing to our server about our table...it was packed and they were looking to turn it over. At that point we opted to hold off on dessert and move on.Special Features:
- good but not awesomekarenandgradyDined on 5/16/2014We each ordered sandwiches which were way overpriced even for Miami Beach standards. Aside from our server, no one seemed to be very welcoming or friendly. I loved the name of the restaurant and was very hyped about going here, but we've had far better cuban food. They now have 4 locations. I'm wondering if this is having a negative effect on this location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood CubanDrChrisDined on 5/15/2014Havana 1957 was a great find really close to our hotel in South Beach. The neighborhood feel is great and even eating inside you feel like you're out by the street which is busy with walkers but not cars. The food is wonderful and very traditional Cuban. We had a combo appetizer that gave us a chance to taste many options. The fried plantaines and tamal were especially good. We followed that with the chicken special which is marinated for a day and cooked four hours. It was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicioius Cuban!!BombiDined on 5/12/2014Cute liitle place on pedestrian street Espanola Street. It's a small place with amazing food! The inside loos like a Cuban restaurant/bar and they also have tables outside, they play nice cuban music, and the food was really good, we had the "Lechoncito" (pork) which comes with rice and sauteed onions and it was DELICIOUS!! the "Mariquitas" (plantain chips with a garlic/lemon sauce) and ahi Tostones were really good too, not to metion the Mojito pitcher. I hear they are famous for their "Vaca Frtia" but we couldn't eat anymore so we'll have to go back :) Desserts are nothing special, but who has room for it anyway when the food is so good!Special Features:
- Best authentic Cuban food ever!DatenightDined on 5/9/2014From the drinks to the food.. Delicious. Only thing is that my table was ok most on the street, but none the less best date night ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATIONZonk690Dined on 4/29/2014This was my first visit to this establishment. I found it through an online search of best Cuban restaurants of Miami. I was pleased I could book a reservation through "Open Table." Nestled in the heart of Little Cuba, this restaurant offers a great view of the feel of Miami. The location is prime. The good is authentic and the ambience is fantastic. Definitely a winning restaurant. One thing that I did not like was the 18% gratuity already added to my bill. That automatic service charge does not give customers the option to leave a tip based on traditional service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not exactly Havana....WhirlygirlDined on 4/28/2014A bit disappointed that rum and cachaca were the only alcoholic libations but if you like those, the list was fantastic. The chicken soup was delicious, flavorful, lots of shredded chicken and veggies. The meat was greasy but tasty but caused some serious stomach upset - I'd been on the islands for a week without any repercussions from the food.Special Features:
- Great food!BlueHenVIPDined on 4/27/2014My husband and I were on a short vacation in South Beach. Found Havana 1957 on Open Table from home. Then our hotel recommended it as well. Great outside table for people watching. Food was fantastic - both dishes recommended by waiter. Signature chicken and shrimp dishes. Delicious and not as pricey as many of the South Beach hotel restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeMNMomDined on 4/25/2014Our service was wonderful, and the food was great. What a fun place!Special Features:
- Dinner in Havana!metchDined on 4/25/2014Authentic Cuban dining at friendly outdoor restaurant on quaint Española Way in South Beach felt like we were having dinner in Havana. Romel, our waiter, was the best!!! He was enthusiastic and very helpful with food suggestions. The mojitos were out of this world! The martini was worthy of James Bond! The lechon asado and the churrasco were terrific. The chicken special was tasty but a bit dry (sorry...). The flan was just like my grandmother used to make. And the wonderful Cuban coffee... what can I say... topped off the great meal perfectly. My best dining experience in South Beach during our vacation. Gracias, Romel!Special Features: