405 Espanola Way
Miami Beach, FL 33139Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
CubanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.havana1957.com/
- Phone: (305) 503-3828
- Hours of Operation:
Daily Hours: Sunday - Thursday: 9:00am - 1:00am; Friday - Saturday: 9:00am - 2:00am
Breakfast 9.00 - 11.45 am
Lunch 11.45 - 5pm
Dinner 5pm to close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Cuban
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Late Night, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from Havana 1957
Welcome to Havana 1957, real and authentic Cuban flavors located at one of the most popular corners in South Beach; Española Way.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Havana 1957 reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (32)neighborhood gem (22)hot spot (21)fit for foodies (16)good for groups (13)great for lunch (6)special occasion (6)scenic view (6)romantic (5)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (5)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (4)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Why is there always a crowd here?dms11VIPDined on 11/11/2014Havana 1957 on Espanola is definitely a hot spot...always a crowd and a wait for seating. I am at a loss to understand why. I have eaten here twice now and the food is mediocre at best. The first time I had the "house specialty" roasted chicken. There was nothing special about it. This time, I decided not to let the server talk me into anything and ordered polla plancha. Again, rather tasteless and dry. My wife was talked into ropa vieja, a pork dish that tasted as bad as it looked...a slop of pork on her plate. She could not eat it. Plus, the noise level here is so loud you can hardly hear what the person across the table is saying. This place is basically a tourist trap for those who want Cuban food, but I would avoid it.Special Features:
- Not my ChoiceculinarykittenDined on 11/8/2014This was not my type of restaurant or food. The flavor of the yucca root was off-putting. I'm also not a fan of chains. It was my fault for taking the easy solution. Other people seemed very happy with it.
- Thank You.JPNCDined on 11/4/2014We visited this restaurant on the recommendation of a colleague. It was really great. Ambulance, the service and the food were top notch. I would certainly recommend their "Specialty of the House" (chicken) as well as their Mohitos!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The place for Cuban foodBdd1989VIPDined on 11/1/2014The food was really good here especially if you like Cuban cuisine. They have all different flavored Mojitos at the bar and The food portions are very generous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/27/2014When we first arrived, they took us to a poor table inside which we refused (was surprised as we had made the reservation thru Open Table) We wanted to sit outside where most of the tables are -- we were told there was a 20 minute wait -- we started to take a walk & another sweet hostess came over & said to wait they would have a table in a few minutes which they did -- the food was very good -- pork much better than @Lario's & less expensive -- shrimp & chickeb dishes all good --mojitas were also quite goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun resturant on Espanola WayKatieVIPDined on 10/25/2014Food was just OK. I realize this is somewhat of a tourist destination, but the vibe seemed so fun that we had to try it out. Service was terrible-- our waiter disappeared after taking our order. Other waiters would make eye contact with us but quickly rush past the table when we tried to get their attention for a second drink or our check. We had to go to the hostess stand to obtain our check, which had 18% gratuity added. It was so frustrating because we were only in town for the weekend and just wanted some big mojitos before going out on South Beach!Special Features:
- Authentic CubanKARANDTARVIPDined on 10/23/2014We didn't want much for lunch, so we split a Cuban sandwich and got the yucca fries and tostones. Everything was delicious. Wish we had tried the specialty chicken. We saw several orders go by our table and it looked delicious. If there is one drawback it's that the inside seating is tight. We were seated near the door and the servers walked in and out the door right behind me, oftentimes bushing my chair to do so.Special Features:
- fun & funky at reasonable pricesHollyVIPDined on 10/18/2014You do not come to Miami and skimp on the Cuban. The whole experience was made brighter by our friendly and endearing waiter who walked us through the menu like we were his new best friends. The food was stellar, and I'd recommend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!Debbie2014Dined on 10/13/2014Walked here (just a couple blocks from Loews Miami) and dined on some of best Cuban we have ever had. Mixed appetizer platter fantastic. Ropa Vieja and Signature Chicken Dishes were plenty to split among 3. Dont miss out on drinks - mojitos in every flavor - husband had watermelon and I had an original and my daughter had a non-alcoholic. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Good for South BeachMaryDined on 10/12/2014The restaurant is in a good location for strolling and people watching, located three blocks from Lincoln Road Mall. Service was prompt, courteous and knowledgeable. The food was good--nothing extraordinary.Special Features:
- We enjoyed itKjvacaDined on 10/3/2014We enjoyed our dinner. This was my first Cuban meal. Didn't love the food, but maybe Cuban food just isn't my favorite. I expected stronger spices and seasoning, but what do I know? Again, we enjoyed our time at Havana 1957.Special Features:
- The House Special ChickenWandermanDined on 9/18/2014Chicken so soft mulch like butter in your mouth. I was almost convinced I could cut it with a fork! Great food in the heart of South Beach, a trip back In time. Great for local dining and The perfect winter formal evening out for when you have guests in town. A true flavor of the American Caribbean. Five star casual Cuban evening out for sure.Special Features:
- Great place for a small groupKatrinaDined on 9/13/2014We wanted to try Cuban food and loved this place. The mango mojito was the best :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great find!newrestaurantsDined on 8/31/2014My friend wanted to take me to a good Cuban restaurant while in South Beach, and the front desk of the Betsy Hotel recommended Havana 1957 at 405 Espanola Way--just walking distance from the hotel. What a wonderful treat this restaurant turned out to be! They serve cold water and delicious crisp plantain chips to start. I ordered their Havana 1957 Specialty which was a traditional roasted chicken in their wonderful Cuban gravy served with white rice, black beans, salad and sweet plantains and it was out-of-this-world delicious. The chicken was so moist and tender and delicious that if fell off the bone. DO NOT miss having dinner here while in South Beach! A real treasure.Special Features:
- Excelent food!VinimehlDined on 8/24/2014Excellent food, excellent service, excellent atmosphere and great spot right on the corner of Spanola. The place is always packed, make sure you make a reservation before showing up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing specialLino62Dined on 8/23/2014We were advice to take the house specialty and it was just a regular chicken not even tasty. It is a really commercial restaurant.
- Not what we expectedLdinerDined on 8/16/2014We went here with our kids the other night. Service was good and the food was fine but it wasn't the Cuban experience we were hoping for. Very touristy street and the restaurant was part of this. Depends what you're looking for.
- BazildogBazildogDined on 8/10/2014Great food, little pricey but very energetic and dynamic touristy environment. Do not expect a quite romantic meal. Sit on street with high foot traffic or in small compact dinning area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and kid friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/3/2014Nice restaurant. It is cozy (read small) but very cute. We were traveling in town and wanted to try some Cuban food at a place where we could take our 6 year old. We have this place a try and it didn't let us down. They have a kids menu of three items but really that's all you need when you have a little kid dining with you. If you go definitely try their chicken special. It's delicious. Their Moros is fantastic too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PricyMattDined on 8/2/2014This Havana was located at the corner of Espanola way. Price was discouraging and their thin steak was awful.Special Features:
- Had such a good time!FoodieDined on 8/1/2014Great ambiance and great food. Came here with a group of 10 girls - many of us trying cuban food for the first time and we absolutely loved it. Service was great and we all enjoyed our dishes. Plus, the location of the restaurant was perfect. Espaniola way was such a cute and vibrant street. We'll definitely be coming back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrific Cuban foodMattVIPDined on 7/31/2014A great selection of Cuban cuisine at very reasonable prices. Portions are good size. Service was friendly and efficient.Special Features:
- The following 93 reviews are from the Havana 1957 reviews archive.
- Havana 1957BettyfdzDined on 7/26/2014Havana 1957 was a great restaurant to dine in. The place is small, and it was too hot to sit outside, but the waiter and the ambiance made the dining experience outstanding.Special Features:
- Havana 1957 too institutional!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/26/2014Unfortunately, our experience was underwhelming. The food seemed pre-prepared and reminded us of a cafeteria. Too bad because the concept is terrific.Special Features:
- buen restaurant comida cubanaEXCELENTEDined on 7/25/2014bien ubicado, buen servicio, precios un poco caro porque la comida no es excelente, es buena nada mas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not greatKevinDined on 7/20/2014I was disappointed and felt let down after all the reviews I had looked at. Maybe just not my style. Food showed no passion.Special Features:
- Amazing!JudiDined on 7/18/2014Our last night in Miami and we hadn't had any Cuban food? Impossible! We went online a did a search for the best Cuban food in Miami and the name of this restaurant kept coming up at the top of everyone's list, with not a single poor review to be found. The food here was impeccable. Huge portions served very casually, very friendly and helpful service, great sidewalk cafe seating in the heart of buzzing Washington Ave., and a perfectly curated selection of aged rums. I ordered the Lechon Asado, a slow-roasted pork dish smothered in sau·téd onions and served with moro rice and soft, unctuous yuca. Comfort food at its best! My husband ordered Churrasco a la Cubana and cleaned his plate! Get the flan for dessert- thick, rich and creamy!I would recommend this to a friend.
- best food in townmikesantadumit1Dined on 7/16/2014my wife and I love the food, we sat out side no issues , the service is great. I had the panonillas and wife had the chicken Classico. The mojo is excellent the wife had the white sangria- could be a littleSpecial Features:
- Highly disappointedBuba12Dined on 7/8/2014We had reservations and arrived a little early so we had drinks at the bar. We waited at the bar endlessly and would probably still be there now. Thank goodness We left and had dinner somewhere else. From what I observed the service is very slow as well. The restaurant is extremely small inside if you don't want to sit in the sidewalk and Inhale car fumes while eating or getting wet when it rains. I would never ever go to this place again, not even for drinks.
- 2ND TIME, Food and Service was okLuv2spoilDined on 7/7/2014Visit NY again and decide to go back to Havana. As always this is a laud place so if you want to chat, you better be ready to scream. which had no taste and was cold. Service is always slow but that is a known issue so they met expectationsSpecial Features:
- Awesome Cuban Food!!LaurenDined on 7/5/2014My partner and I recently dined here and I must say the boiled yuca is excellent there, best I ever had. I had the fish of the night and my partner had the bife, a thin but large slice of great beef. Both were very good and came with authentic rice and beans. The mojitos are totally necessary if you've never had sugar cane before, although I think they were a bit overpriced for the size. I guess that's South Beach for you, though. Española Way is excellent for people watching. We actually saw Jason Mamoa (who played Khal Drago in Game of Thrones) walk right by our table to get a cigar next door, totally star struck! We highly recommend this place, great location and food.Special Features:
- GREAT FIND!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/3/2014Havana 1957 was a great find for us! We loved everything about it from the neighborhood, ambience, service, host, food -- all PHENOMENAL!!!Special Features:
- Excellent!!!AtomicjhDined on 7/2/2014The food was amazing!!! The best Cuban food I have ever had!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food , room for improvementAngstDined on 6/9/2014Good was decent , my steak could of been seasoned better . Shrimp were good . No effort by the staff to check me in on my open table reservationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeTillmoore2014VIPDined on 6/5/2014I wish we could fly to Miami every weekend to eat here!! Food and service were both above my expectationsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great dinnerColoradoDaveDined on 5/31/2014On a visit to South Beach with our grown sons had a terrific dinner at Havana 1957. Loved sitting outside though the inside looked even more authentic. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun area but lackluster foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/30/2014We were seated outside and the staff were friendly. It was great people watching. But the food was so-so. I had the Cuban steak and, while I didn't expect a choice cut, it was very tough and hard to chew. If came with a pile if rice and some plantains. Nothing to write home about.Special Features:
- Meraviglioso!StevieBDined on 5/23/2014Abbiamo mangiato benissimo, il personale è stato carinissimo, gentile e disponibile...trattati come a casa di amici! Mariana è stata squisita!!! Per non parlare poi della musica...io e mia moglie non riuscivamo a non ballare, anche con la forchetta in mano! Fantastico...e abbiamo speso il giusto...meno di 100 dollari per un antipasto misto per due e due piatti completi di carni, fagioli, riso, e una caraffa di buonissima sangria! Imperdibile!!! Grazie. Stefano e Giulia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and servicejivewrhDined on 5/23/2014If you drop a napkin or finish a dish... it's gone in 30 seconds or less. Quite an operation and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Accommodating for KidsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/17/2014We added a child to our party at the last minute and the stuff was wonderfully accommodating. Set us up with a table on the Española side with a high chair so we weren't in anyone's way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.