Haute Quarter Grill
525 W. 4th Ave
Anchorage, AK 99501Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Haute Quarter Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hautequartergrill.com/
- Phone: 9076224745x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:30 - 10:00 PM, Friday & Saturday: 4:30 - 11:00 PM
Closed Sunday & Monday
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Alex
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Wine
A word from Haute Quarter Grill
Haute Quarter Grill in Eagle River - contemporary American cuisine in a casual relaxed atmosphere where locals come to enjoy innovative and fun food. Chef Alex uses fresh seasonal Alaska grown ingredients to create unique dishes sure to please any palate. We offer a full bar, a great wine list and nightly innovative additions to our menu. Come in and join us for some great food, friendly faces and an unforgettable experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Haute Quarter Grill - Best Restaurants in Anchorage ›
Haute Quarter Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
148 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (88)special occasion (81)romantic (54)notable wine list (54)hot spot (47)neighborhood gem (40)good for groups (29)vibrant bar scene (24)late-night find (17)great for lunch (12)great for outdoor dining (9)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- A Refreshing Change for AnchorageNdiggityDined on 9/12/2014An innovative and inviting decor, great food, personal and attentive service. This place has it all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic FindOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014Alex manages to create a dinner worthy of pep talking yourself up to for weeks prior to your visit. Our food was fantastic, my steak was like butter,and our drinks were great too. All of the beers are local, and the mixed drinks put a twist on the norm.Special Features:
- Great Menu and Food, Slow ServiceY2KRLRDined on 9/12/2014We enjoyed our experience at Haute Quarter Grill. The waiter was great as he answered all questions, and also was confident to provide suggestions. Our wine choice was great, and the food was beautifully presented and very tasty. Our reservations were for 5:45. We did not order appetizers or a side salad, and we were finishing our entree at 7:20 p.m. We were scheduled to be at a show at 7:30, so we were rushed at the end, which was my only complaint. We expected the food to arrive quite a bit sooner so we could finish and have dessert as well.Special Features:
- ExpectationsOscarDined on 9/12/2014We were recommended to try the Grill by our son. He told us we would be surprised by the quality of the food, but we were not. We were blown away! Absolutely the best meal for us ever in Anchorage. Great friendly service, and amazing food. Try the filet special, it will amaze you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good foodTZieli22Dined on 8/29/2014The food is always really good and a good wine selection. Two things that are more of a pet pieve of mine are, it's noisy, and no parking is offered for its new downtown location. Fix these two items and Haute Quarter Grill will easily become a 5 star rating to me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really is a hidden gemPDXJohnVIPDined on 8/23/2014Dinner for (4). Had charcuterie, salads, chicken pasta, duck, and NY steak. The only complaint would be the steak was more done than asked for, but it was still good. This is a place worth doing over others you can book in Anchorage (via OT). Very good.Special Features:
- Disappointed but worth trying againBooflawkrDined on 8/23/2014The menu sounded great but the presentation and preparation was only adequate. There is a nice selection of wines by glass and my appetizer was very tasty. My steak was done just right but the plate was sloppy. It is a little tight of space and a bit loud. But the ingredients are there for this place to be worth going to.
- Overall excellenceCatpersonDined on 8/23/2014This was the third time I've been to Haute Quarter since it moved in from Eagle River and it has been excellent every time. This time, my partner and I split the special, which was filet mignon with a king crab topping, locally grown broccoli, and garlic mashed potatoes. We also had the roasted garlic appetizer and salads. The filet was perfectly cooked and so tender I could practically cut it without a knife. The broccoli was nice and crisp, not overdone. Service was also wonderful. Our waiter was present without being intrusive. He was also knowledgeable and professional. Prices are pretty much what you would expect in the Anchorage area. Our filet was $37 and worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GlacierGirlDined on 8/22/2014We enjoyed Haute Quarter Grill on a Friday night - the only negative for us that evening was the noise level - it was very loud. However! That can be enjoyable to have "conversational buzz" going on around you, but we were going for a little more romantic evening and it was a bit distracting. The meal was enjoyable, the mixed green salad could have used a bit more excitement and flavors. Overall, we had a nice experience and would go back.Special Features:
- Great second visitLynnieDined on 8/22/2014My first visit ended up in taking our food to go because we allotted two hours before play tickets and that was not enough. This time I went with no other plans and was out in an hour. One was Friday and one was Saturday. The food and service is fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A worthy successorakladyDined on 8/22/2014Anchorage-ites have long planned on Simon's as the place for special occasions. When I couldn't get in there for our family dinner for a major anniversary, I choose Haute Quarter to replace it. I am so glad that I did. The food was excellent...five of us ordered steaks and they were all perfectly done and fork-tender. Our waiter was attentive without hovering. The wine list contained a favorite of mine that is hard to find. All in all, an excellent way to celebrate our 55th.Special Features:
- Spectacular in every wayDanBVIPDined on 8/21/2014Nothing but good to say. We had lunch and then went back for dinner. Prices are very reasonable. Ask for Mark, he is passionate and knows the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great dining experienceANChotspotDined on 8/20/2014There are so many terrific items on the menu at Haute Quarter Grill, I always have a hard time deciding. The duck spring rolls were amazing! The service was on-spot terrific.Special Features:
- DisappointefishmomDined on 8/19/2014I was taken with the warm, modern but relaxed decor. The wait staff was attenaive and professional. But the food - ah,, as with most Anchorage restaurants, it was such a disappointment. The mustard dressing on the spinach salad totally overwhelmed the spinach and was like eating liquid mustard. I asked for olive oil on the side and with a little salt and oil, made it palatable to eat. My friend ordered the deconstructed Nicoise salad and barely ate any of it - dry and not frsh. The tuna was tasteless - I suspect they use chemicals on it to make it last longer, but it destroys the flavor. I had the Jumbalia, but it was only average. Overall, the food lacked passion, especially since the cost was very high,
- SnickiDined on 8/16/2014The manhattan was amazing, and the duck confit, and gnocchi appetizers were the highlightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HQG is Amazing!PunkyKReviewsDined on 8/15/2014We have eaten at Haute Quarter Grill (HQG) since they first opened in Eagle River. The food continues to be excellent with great flavor, freshness, and nice presentation. The quality of their beef and fish specials is outstanding. The service is always impeccable with courteous, and efficient follow up on drinks, refills, and proper spacing of the appetizer, entrée and desert items without feeling rushed or neglected. Our open table reservation was perfectly on time and we were seated at "Table 6" their "Friends and Family" table. Lynn and Alex Perez have done an outstanding job bringing their awesome restaurant to Anchorage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place all aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/14/2014Everything was amazing great menu selection. The Blackened prime rib special was out of this world as was their blue berry mojito. Now one of our favoritesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enticing menuHeronAKDined on 8/13/2014There are SO many menu items left to try and they all look enticing! Alaska Grown produce, locally sourced seafood, excellent preparation - looking forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014Wonderful food. Excellent service. Great job on the build out of the space.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday Evening - great spot!anc4dinnerDined on 8/9/2014Wonderful evening with food and friends! First time to this restaurant and was very happy with the overall experience! Great portions, great selection! We had a great time. The staff was very courteous and professional. Would recommend to friends and family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, fantastic food007alaskaDined on 8/9/2014Gnocchi was the best I have ever had, by far. All staff, not just our server, kept our dishes clear and our drinks topped off. A real team effort with a smile every time. Tender filet mignon cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun in the cityakhuntingalDined on 8/8/2014Great place for a fun amazing dinner. The tenderloin pops are amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentFoodieDined on 8/8/2014The food was excellent. We had seafood and steak, and all were fantastic. The pepper steak was tender and seasoned perfectly. Nick our server was perfectly attentive and on the ball.Special Features:
- Poor serviceDissatisfiedDined on 8/7/2014When the wait staff dumps sauce on both your pant legs and offer no comp? What is this? That's not how it's done in the south.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/7/2014Restaurant was very dark. Not many people there for lunch, even though it is downtown near where many tourists are. Food prices are fairly high.Special Features:
- This must be the place!reelfunkyDined on 8/5/2014Upon recommendations from a gentlemen at a local bar, this place is great. Excellent selection of wine and beers. Four of us were dining here before heading out to a fish camp and had an awesome dinner. We had halibut and the prime rib, excellent sauces and twist to there food. Will definitely be back here. Come and get u someSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodLynnieDined on 8/2/2014The food selection was excellent and what we ordered was very good; however, after an hour and a half we had only received our appetizers and had to take our food to go as we had tickets to a play. We did not mention we had plans, so it is not the fault of the restaurant, but this is a place to have a long slow meal, not grab something before a show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful and delicious!FoodLoverDined on 8/2/2014This restaurant is on our best food list - the men had beautiful cuts of meat, done to perfection and melt in you mouth! I had the chicken pasta which was delicious also. Next time we plan on trying their desserts if we have room. Good wine list also. We had the Moscato, which was recommended to us by our waiter and was a perfect choice for our tastes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Delicious DinnergwreedDined on 8/1/2014We love Haute Quarter for those "special" dinners out, and just cuz. As always a great place to eat and visit w/ friends. The scallops were absolutely delicious and perfectly served.Special Features:
- hautetarlaVIPDined on 7/30/2014One if not the best restaurant in anchorage!!! The chef is very creative and his dishes are delicious!!!Special Features:
- LassieDined on 7/30/2014We have been to dinner twice and both have been excellent. Last time three of us had the sockeye salmon special and it was fantastic. I don’t remember the sauce but it was great. Crab cakes were great. Service was excellent, with our table ready right on time. The atmosphere was a little noisy but everyone was having a good time so it was happy noise. You’re quickly becoming my favorite restaurant in Anchorage. I’m looking forward to next time. CheersSpecial Features:
- The HerbalistDhaniDined on 7/29/2014I believe that was the name of the drink. It was fantastic if you like unusual, multilayered drinks. And the dipping sauce that comes with the most delicious bread was phenomenal - not your usual olive oil and vinegar but a garlicky savory red pepper situation that was crazy good. I highly recommend this place. OH! and the tiramisu? get outta here! So good.Special Features:
- My first visit ...YvonneRDined on 7/29/2014Made memorable by the excellent service of server, Mark! Attentive with great recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and busy bar sceneOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014Nice dinner spot with a varied menu. Active and lively restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- second chancescassidysheaDined on 7/24/2014OKAY- i will amend this- I got an email from the owner on Facebook. So... If you have a bad experience they DO try to win you back over... which is great customer service. The owner Lynn is addressing my complaint and is trying to make amends. This would help compensate for the loss of my fancy leftovers. As a customer that is very appreciated. ------------- I was very disgruntled that our fancy dinner to-go box was pitched in the garbage- when it was obvious we forgot it on accident. BUT- they are doing something about it... so that means something to me. Less hot because my complaint is being handled.Special Features:
- awesome birthdaybreezieDined on 7/24/2014Checked out Haute for my hubby's bday. Whole evening was awesome! Drinks service and high quality food. And thank you for not singing though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be Back!DenainaDinerDined on 7/23/2014Eagle River's loss is Anchorage's gain. This was our group's first time eating at this restaurant and all of us came away thoroughly impressed with Haute Quarter. I was a little disappointed that they ran out of Duck Confit but the rest of our meals were simply amazing. I'll definitely be coming back.Special Features:
- Great food!mwalkDined on 7/19/2014Felt like we were eating in the big cities, my spouse and I loved the food. I had the steak kabobs, amazing!! and he had the Jambalaya which he said is the best he has had in town! Will surely go back again!Special Features:
- From Eagle River to AnchorageAppreciateUDined on 7/19/2014Loved the booths, the ambiance and had a blast with our Server, Mike. He was friendly and funny. We were recognized by the owner who use to be in Eagle River. Now that we found the location, we'll be back often. The food is so very delicious. Had a great BIRTHDAY DINNER.Special Features:
- That's a pile of fries!AKschoolRNDined on 7/19/2014First time eating here, now that they've moved into downtown Anchorage. Extensive beer & wine list, as well as a full bar. Kid menu is pretty good. Our kids (13 & 10) ordered ribs off the adult menu and they came with a ton of shoe-string french fries. The statement of the night was, "that's a pile of fries!" A bit pricy, but we're willing to pay more for a good local restaurant.Special Features: