Haute Quarter Grill
525 W. 4th Ave
Anchorage, AK 99501Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Haute Quarter Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hautequartergrill.com/
- Phone: (907) 622-4745
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:30 - 10:00 PM, Friday & Saturday: 4:30 - 11:00 PM
Closed Sunday & Monday
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Alex
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Wine
A word from Haute Quarter Grill
Haute Quarter Grill in Eagle River - contemporary American cuisine in a casual relaxed atmosphere where locals come to enjoy innovative and fun food. Chef Alex uses fresh seasonal Alaska grown ingredients to create unique dishes sure to please any palate. We offer a full bar, a great wine list and nightly innovative additions to our menu. Come in and join us for some great food, friendly faces and an unforgettable experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Haute Quarter Grill - Best Restaurants in Anchorage ›
Haute Quarter Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
183 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (113)special occasion (97)hot spot (71)notable wine list (62)romantic (56)neighborhood gem (51)good for groups (37)vibrant bar scene (32)late-night find (26)great for lunch (9)kid-friendly (6)great for outdoor dining (5)great for brunch (3)scenic view (3)Show More
- Had Stellar Service and Excellent FoodrandyDined on 11/15/2014as we told our waitress, my seafood pasta was really good, my wife's Mushroom Ravioli was AMAZING. It was very busy but our waitress, Natalie, still took the time to check on us several times and made sure the bottle of wine we ordered was good with our food. it was just an excellent eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!HollyDined on 11/15/2014As a first timer, I was impressed. The food came out promptly and was delicious. My friend and I shared fries as an appetizer and it was served with two kinds of sauces: a spicy ketchup and banana ketchup. We were hesitant to try the banana ketchup, but it was actually quite good. It was sweet enough and had a bit of tang to it. It is an acquired taste. The spicy ketchup had enough kick that it didn't overpower the flavor. For entrees, I had the chicken pasta. It was very good, however, it was a bit salty. It was also served with a nice size of goat cheese on top, which I felt overpowered the pasta, so I removed that part. Our server Paul was friendly and prompt and was knowledgeable in the wine selections. The overall experience was great and would recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good move to AnchorageakskichickDined on 11/8/2014Throughly enjoyed our meal on a busy Saturday night with friends. The Seafood Jambalaya is delicious, the filet special was cooked to perfection and everyone enjoyed the sliders. The only thing is the blood orange martini was WAY TOO SWEET.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Our reservation for 2 was meant to be for 3, they accommodated us right away by adding a chair to our booth. We ordered three courses and cocktails, our daughter ordered from a children's menu as well. All of our food was so good. We had prime rib and the duck. The bar makes fantastic cocktails (try the Donkey Dines Out) and had a decent selection of Scotch and American whiskeys. My husband ordered a Port with dessert. Wait staff was attentive. The decor and vibe was warm and very social. Great place for gathering for drinks, date night and for well behaved older kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DessertOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Something peanut butter, or fudgey brownie would be nice:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Haute Haute HauteAngelCakesDined on 11/8/2014I have been a long time patron of Haute Quarter Grille from back in the Eagle River days; the food is fantastic, the wine list is amazing and the service is always exemplary. The ambiance in the downtown spot is MUCH different than the quiet and cozy ER location was, but that's all that's changed. If you're looking for a spot with great food and a bustling atmosphere then this is the place for you. They have full service in the bar area as well and even some TV's going when you just HAVE to watch the game.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Up to ParDoNOTGODined on 11/8/2014We made reservations 5days in advance and were given a terrible table. When I asked to move they did not move us. The food was uninspired. The ahi was bland, the crab cakes were a glob of mush and the kitchen covered both of our entrees in heavy sauces. We have lived in Anchorage for many years and would not return to this establishment.
- Always DeliversAk82Dined on 11/7/2014Another great experience at Haute Quarter Grill! The Duck Confit appetizer kicked off a memorable meal that built through the perfectly prepared Lamb Lollipops with delicious green beans and finished strong with a tasty shared Berry Cobbler. As usual, my wife loved her Maytag Blue Cheese Salad and raved about her Grilled Scallops. Our server was attentive and professional, but too not overbearing, giving us plenty of time to linger over dinner and enjoy each other's company. We really enjoy coming in for dinner and have been fans for years. I know that the evening has a good opportunity for success when I bring out of town business guests in for dinner - always great comments about the food and drinks.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/6/2014Excellent meal with great service. Menu was varied and appetizing - atmosphere was a little loud but it worked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in downtown AnchorageWAfoodieguyDined on 11/5/2014I recently brought a group here of 8 from out of town. Only a few had ever been to AK, & none of them had been there except for me. The responses I got after the meal were all very positive. Our server Natalie was both knowledgeable & friendly & had good recommendations for us. The ribeye was cooked to perfection, the scallops were very tasty, the king crab legs were pre-cut & not dried out, the jambalaya had the right amt of spice, and the filet mignon kabobs were excellent. The only issue that I had of somewhat concern was the restaurant policy on not allowing substitutes. One of the folks in my party is on a diet & unable to eat starches. The asparagus requested was an upcharge per comp policy. Regardless, the meal was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time in AnchoragebrenmarieDined on 11/1/2014Was much different than ER location. Remember it being more romantic. It was great service! The food was exceptional and plan on returning, but not for a quiet evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!NatandRustyDined on 10/31/2014Good food, service, and ambiance! Recommend the gnocchi! Found it this summer and we keep coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Halloween DinningHalloweenDinnerDined on 10/31/2014The food was some of the best in Anchorage, I think the two start $$ rating is a little low. I would rate it three $ signs. The service was very good, we visited on Halloween day and all the floor staff was in costume making it very enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:
- xserverDined on 10/30/2014Went there for my birthday and had an absolutely fabulous time. The service was great and the food matched the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousSherrieVIPDined on 10/30/2014We had always enjoyed the Eagle River location, but just hadn't made it to downtown Anchorage to try this location. What a mistake! My husband and I were both impressed by the beautiful décor, huge wine list, and delicious food.Special Features:
- Disappointed Prix FixeeRobinHoodDined on 10/29/2014I went with my wife and friend for an early evening pre-concert dinner. We all had the Prix Fixee menu at $40/ Plate with a $3 Donation to Beans Cafe. We had 2 x Prime Rib which was slathered in a rather spicey sauce, which hid the meat and both were rather tough for a prime rib. Our friend had a seafood pasta which was "unexceptional". We chose a $33 bottle of Malbec which was a reasonable choice at a high price for a $11 bottle. The salads were good, though small. The beignets were rather "doughy" and not light as expected. The server nevr once returned while we were eating to enquire about our meal or to top up our wine and had to be summoned to move to dessert & check as we were time constrained by the concert start time. - Disappointed
- Wonderful!AllabtthefoodDined on 10/28/2014Our server was fantastic - very attentive and engaging. The food was delicious and way more than we could finish. We love the look & feel of the new restaurant too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group dinerlakesidegalVIPDined on 10/25/2014This place can handle a small group, they squeezed 7 of us in. The service was wonderful and the food was great. A very interesting menu with lots of choices. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014Heard a lot about this place so the wife and I had to try it out. Very good food and service I don't know why the online reviews were iffy but I do recommend this place. It was a little pricey but most good restaurants in Anchorage will be so be surprised.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun eveningYummylicious11Dined on 10/25/2014It was awesome and my picky friend love it👍clean and friendly, fabulous waitress & waiters, timing was perfect food was delicious. Thank you😊👏👋Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A new favoritesoldotnafoodloverDined on 10/25/2014Haute Quarter was recommended by a new acquaintance and we are glad they did. Four of us had a fabulous meal. The wait staff was attentive, the cocktails were well made, and the meal was incredible. Then our dessert choices were a marvelous end to a wonderful evening. We plan to pass the word of a new dining gem in Anchorage to all our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Steak-Sub-Par ServicefallintomeDined on 10/25/2014The food was great. The Prime Rib was a bit plain, but the steak Kabobs were delish. We felt rushed through our meal and were at the restaurant for less than an hour. The waiter never refilled drinks and after the meal was served only came back to check on us when he brought the check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service & locationPetvetDined on 10/24/2014First time@ the Haute Quarter Grill & we loved it. The only negative is...noise level made it impossible to have conversation. But that probably won't keep us away, since the food was amazing & the staff ( especially our server, Tyler) was outstanding! Our new favorite Anchorage restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downtown AmbienceTheAKJLDined on 10/24/2014Decor gave it an interesting combo of bustling hot spot and old Anchorage. Think Club Paris but without the creepiness. I had filet minion that was perfect. Mashed potatoes, asparagus. All good. Pricing was upscale but bustle and noise kept it from feeling 5-star. Wine list was okay.Special Features:
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/24/2014Great food, good service. They found out we were celebrating a birthday and brought candles and confetti to our table! I would definitely recommend Haute Quarter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Staffing a ConcernAKDinerDined on 10/23/2014Food was excellent, service was good except that our waiter was attempting to wait tables and service the bar. He spent too much time at the bar and not enough on his tables. Service was slow, especially when we notified him of our need to depart in time to make a show. We ordered desert with what we thought was enough time. We had to request the bill and leave prior to the desert being served. We paid for the desert even though we had to leave it uneaten at the table because we did not have enough time to have it taken it off the bill. Also, did not receive an itemized total of our dinner, just the credit card receipt.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014Have been a fan of Haute Quarter Grille for years in Eagle River. It was our own little secret in Eagle River. Love the new place in Anchorage and it seems the secret is out. Looks like Anchorage loves it too. Great food, never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Food and Atmosphere!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014Once again the meals were Great! The Blackened Prime Rib is my favorite and was superb. One in our party had the Lamb and was and was equally pleased. The Creme Brûlée is the best we have ever eaten. The service was excellent.Special Features:
- You gotta love 2nd (and 3rd) chancesWillDined on 10/18/2014This review covers my 2nd and 3rd trips to HQ. My first didn't deliver and my review said so. Great apps and drinks, salty steak, gooey risotto, dark and slow. I believe in second chances and anyone can have an off day. The 2nd time things were different--the room was well-lit, the service was (almost too) expedient and the food fantastic. Once again drinks and the duck spring roll appetizer set a great tone. My wife enjoyed her pasta immensely and I tried the Wagyu steak special and it was AMAZING! So tender and full of flavor… HQ definitely started the night off the right way. We came back a 3rd time and brought a friend. Once more we were seated quickly and the service was exceptional. We had to wait for nothing, refills, setting & clearing the table, ordering more drinks--the staff was consistently present without being obtrusive. My wife and I each selected the dishes we had on our first visit and this time around our expectations were well-met. The filet and pepper steak were cooked to order and had great taste--I recommend the pepper steak for sure. This time I had no trouble identifying my sides--potatoes and brussel sprouts. Mashed are always a fave so no disappointment there. But the surprise was the sprouts--I don't know how they did it, but mom never made me want to eat Brussels sprouts the way HQ does. YUM!!!! And this time the cheesy risotto was done right--fluffy, cheesy, & rich without being overwhelming. A great companion to the filet. Our friend had a salad and gnocchi, which was wonderfully rich in flavor but not too heavy. There's no chance you will go home hungry here. I regret being so negative in my first review. I recognize any restaurant can have an off night (maybe it was me). And I'm glad we returned. My expectations were high for Haute Quarter and now I can say rightfully so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blackened prime rib was excellent!nativewomanDined on 10/18/2014Our meal was wonderful! The prime rib was so tender, and I loved the Brussels spouts, the garlic potatoes and the potato bread.Special Features:
- Awesome!!AKJoeVIPDined on 10/17/2014Great experience with absolutely delicious food, a respectable wine list, and great atmosphere.Special Features:
- Absolute perfection!LadiesLovingLifeDined on 10/17/2014We chose Haute Quarter Grill for our ladies' night out. We were immediately greeted by the hostess and taken to our table, which was close to the kitchen. Our waiter was knowledgeable, personable, and downright fun! We ordered calamari and gnocchi to start and we were not disappointed. The calamari was crispy and tender. The gnocchi was indescribably delicious. We then moved on to Caesar salads that were fresh and flavorful. For our entrees we ordered the blackened prime rib, the pork tenderloin, and the kabobs. The presentation of each dish was eye catching and elegant. Every single element of each entree was fantastically scrumptious! We ended our meal with creme brûlée and beignets. They were the perfect ending to our delightful feast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/14/2014First time in Anchorage for a week. First restaurant that compared to what you could find a major metropolitan area as to what you could expect from the food and service. Really happy I was able to eat here.Special Features:
- Not as good as I expectedBeckyinAlaskaDined on 10/14/2014It may be that I just ordered the wrong thing. I got the pork ribs, which indicated were dry-rubbed. I didn't taste any spicing (I had them without the sauce) and they were overcooked and fairly tasteless. And the amount of French fries that came with it was wasteful. I ordered them because my first choice of an appetizer halibut chunks and a side of fries cost more than the entrée did. The appetizers seem to be a mixture of appetizers and small plates. Some of the pricing certainly seems inappropriate for an appetizer. Since I see a small plates selection as a very good thing in a restaurant, I would like to see more restaurants offering smaller and lighter portions for dinner and lunch.
- Best in the NeighborhoodGagmeDined on 10/10/2014The appetizers are awesome as are the main courses,The steaks were really good but the prime rib just didn't do it for me. The wait staff has been awesome every time I have been there even though they kept hanging up on me when I had to keep calling to upgrade my open table request.Special Features:
- FANTASTICOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/3/2014We came with a group of 5 and had an excellent time from start to finish. Kimberly was superb and helped our visit go smoothly. I had the halibut with horseradish buerre blanc and it was delish. Other notable dishes were the ravioli and salmon. The banana fosters and 30 year tawny were outstanding. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in AnchorageOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/3/2014I was very impressed with the overall experience at this restaurant. The gnocchi appetizer is great and the kabobs were cooked perfectly and the steak was top notch. They also make a killer Manhattan :) I will definitely return to Haute Quarter Grill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night at Haute Quarter Grill!Happy2ShareDined on 10/3/2014There were eight of us. We each ordered something different and tried everything. We all liked the individual dishes. My favorites were the Gnocchi(it was fresh made - not frozen), Chicken Pasta and the Kabobs. Others ordered the French Onion Soup and loved it. The Banana Foster was pretty good too. The wine list is great as well. I truly recommend this restaurant for any meal. The service is fabulous, the food is great, and the atmosphere is fun. Go and enjoy yourself!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- haute quarterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014We miss having Haute Quarter Grill in Eagle River but their new venue is quaint and upscale. Their food is divine and the service is on point!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodAlaskabitesDined on 10/2/2014Had a wonderful time with my wife. The blackens prime rib was excellent. Beers where great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.