119 Washington Ave N
Minneapolis, MN 55401Neighborhood:
Downtown / North Loop
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.haute-dish.com/
- Phone: 6123388484x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
HauteDish does NOT accept reservations for brunch
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 12:00am (Vegetarian Tasting Menu and limited al a carte dinner menu Sunday nights)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Landon Schoenefeld
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Haute Dish
HauteDish, a unique culinary concept that both embraces and reinvents classic Midwestern cuisine. Housed in a charming turn of century building in the Minneapolis Warehouse District, this moderately priced full service restaurant presents a casual dining atmosphere in an upscale setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Haute Dish - Best Restaurants in Downtown / North Loop ›
Haute Dish reviews from OpenTable diners
153 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (124)special occasion (53)neighborhood gem (44)hot spot (43)good for groups (35)great for brunch (27)romantic (24)vibrant bar scene (18)late-night find (14)notable wine list (10)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Unique idea and great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/17/2014They were very accommodating with our larger group and I really appreciate being put in a semi private room. They also brought out a dessert for my mom's birthday which was a special touch. Great food and fun atmosphere. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-soKenzDined on 10/12/2014The ambiance was great. The service was OK. The menu is a lot of fun and we really had high hopes, but the food was just OK as well. The fries with my Brunch Burger were soggy, the sausage pot stickers tasted like jimmy dean sausage stuffed in pot sticker skins. We did however really enjoy the Bloody Marys. I'd go back for drinks, but I wouldn't make the trip for the food again. It wasn't bad, it just wasn't great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific MealUofMNDined on 10/11/2014Thanks for the wonderful meal! Everything we ordered was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchMargeDined on 10/4/2014Ordered the basil Rathbone drink and it was amazing. Had the Reuben benedict and it was excellent. Big pieces of tender corned beef on a platter that could have been for two people. Service was excellentSpecial Features:
- Pre-Concert MealLennonDined on 9/30/2014Tried the sampler with wine pairing and everything was delicious. Very unique menu and portion sizes were right on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such good food but not serviceAbaerDined on 9/28/2014We took the in-laws for brunch because the dinner food was so good. However, it took over an hour and a half for us to eat after we ordered practically right away. The waitress at one point said it would be any second for our food and then 30 minutes later came back and said the same thing. The poor service and long wait really put a damper on the great food and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fan-freaking-tasticHawkeyeDined on 9/27/2014I've been to Haute Dish three times now and couldn't have had better experiences. First off, the food is awesome. The idea of "upscale" versions of Midwest classics is great in theory and somehow better in execution. Getting the Haute Dish is a given, but the other things I've tried were equally good. The service has always been great, fitting the same "gourmet but fun" vibe the menu has. Go. Now. Or as soon as you are able. (And don't forget about the burgers at happy hour... Whoa!!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- danabeth1VIPDined on 9/26/2014the burger and fries are so good, the chicken was the best chicken everSpecial Features:
- FantasticSpikeDined on 9/21/2014Simply never disappoints. Wonderful food. If you've never even hear you owe it to yourself to do soSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeweyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/19/2014The picnic salad and the house salad were amazing! The Beer cheese soup with the Keilbasa in the can was a little salty, but the meat was lean and tender worthy of a try. Presentations of the food was very elegant and colorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Going BackSammiDined on 9/17/2014Food was pretentious and over priced--fussily presented and not very healthy in terms of what is available at other restaurants today. The "special" salad was 1/4 a head of iceberg lettuce and carefully rolled cucumber slices with a few croutons and tomatoes and was $12/$13? Steak was delicious, but $30 and served with fries and huge slabs of Texas Toast and bone marrow--what about healthy options? Fried chicken was crispy but VERY greasy and could have been reheated/refried going on how it appeared, but the corn bread (pudding?) was delicious. Also, we were there on a Wednesday evening, and there might have been 8 other customers in addition to our table of 4. Think this says something.
- Delectable!NomnomnomDined on 9/15/2014We went on a Monday night before a concert, they had a special Monday menu. The chef's tasting with 4 food items (charcuterie plate, steak tartare, sweetbreads with fried rice, salmon with sweet corn) and 1 dessert item; absolutely delish and enough for 4 adults to share. The beef tongue and salmon were delectable!! Oyster shooters are the best!!! I had 3 myself! We really enjoy Haute Dish, wish we were closer to each other!Special Features:
- Best Brunch EverKMACDined on 9/14/2014I rarely go out to brunch, so when my family decided to go out last Sunday, I did some research. I chose Haute Dish because the menu looked unique and interesting. I was not disappointed. The atmosphere was warm and friendly, and the service was great. Most importantly the food was AWESOME!Special Features:
- Top Notch!CamdensnanaDined on 9/5/2014I enjoyed an HD classic sampling plate..HOUSE SALAD + MAC N’ CHEESE + TATER TOT HAUTEDISH. Loved every single bite of each one. The house salad might be one of the best wedge salads I've ever had! When I go back it will be tough to decide if I'd want the Mac n Cheese or the Tater Tot Hautedish. I just might need to order the sampling plate again. Our waiter Thomas was very knowledgeable and his service was top notch!Special Features:
- What a great mealSDFoodieDined on 8/30/2014Had a great time at Haute Dish and the food was phenomenal. I had the salmon which was cooked to perfection and my wife had the kielbasa in a can which was so fun to watch being opened and tasted great. Will be back again.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceBBackDined on 8/27/2014Happened to be their "dim sum" event. Everything was on skewers. Food was really fun, fresh and original. Carrot corn dog - who would have thought? Delicious. We were going to go to the Minnesota State Fair, but chose here instead. It was like going to an upscale state fair.Special Features:
- Haute Dish on a stick612WhereAreYouVIPDined on 8/27/2014As usual, they knock it out of the park. While I have dined here for several regular dinners, the Haute Dish staff can really make a 'pop up' event special. All of the state fair inspired dishes were great and would welcome them on the menu any day of the week. Super fun time, great food and atmosphere. Would have loved to have seen drink specials, but hey, I was too busy eating.Special Features:
- Interesting CombosFHDinerVIPDined on 8/21/2014This restaurant takes old dishes and updates them in interesting ways. We had the General Tso's sweetbreads which were perfectly cooked with Asian seasoning with a nice hunk of foie gras on the side. The short rib haute dish was delicious. Overall, a great experience.Special Features:
- The bestGozacgoDined on 8/20/2014Haute dish never fails to impress. Great for a weeknight or a special occasion or for people visiting. Creative, fun, delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!Brun37Dined on 8/18/2014I loves this restaurant. Our server was polite, knowledgeable, and brought the courses in a well-timed manner. The food was amazing - great new takes on Midwestern classics that take you back to childhood in Minnesota! A bit spendy but when even an iceberg salad is amazing, worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowSKIPPERTOOVIPDined on 8/17/2014Creativity in kitchen is rare. Great combinations of ingredients. Server was very helpful in explaining dishes on ordering, and repeated on delivery. Any negative reviews are not genuine, or do not have an adventuresome palateSpecial Features:
- Something has happenedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/10/2014Haute dish used to be our go to place for brunch. But our recent visit just wasnt up to par. The eggs and brisket were cold when served and the hash was non-existent. The server forgot one dish and after we ordered it again, we had to wait 15 minutes for it to be served. Maybe it was a bad day, but just not the same.
- Good brunchKatariinaDined on 8/9/2014We were a group of 10 and came to Haute Dish for brunch on Saturday, August 9th. The ambiance is little lacking for brunch; dark, little grimy looking and very much like a night spot, but for dinner or late night bite it would be perfect. The food is excellent..."ordinary" ingredients with a twist. Our waitress was so patient...we were not an easy group to manage, but she did it with a smile and not getting frustrated. She split the bill individually...never heard of in my home state of California. Big kudos to her.Special Features:
- Minnesota classics, deconstructedverbalmuggingDined on 8/8/2014Food was imaginitve and extremely well prepared and presented. The signature Tater Tot Hot Dish was one of the best dishes I've had. Perfect short rib, divine little potato croquettes (the "tots"). The Kielbasa in a Can was fun and clever, and delicious. Our host was on point, our server was versed in the menu and very pleasant. Only knock was the bar staff - a total disconnect in service from the rest of the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super placeJackVIPDined on 8/6/2014Food was as beautiful as it was delicious Service was well paced and knowledgableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not much for repeatBoxOfRainDined on 8/6/2014Sure, it was interesting. Some classic, hot-dish style meals, prepared with interesting ingredients and new twists. Very clever, sure, but I would not make the place my regular haunt. We had five different plates, a "pork and beans", "kielbasa in a can" , fried chicken, a salad, and a gnocchi. All were well-proportioned and nicely presented. The flavors were both fresh and vivid. But, the choices were fairly limited, and seemed verging into kitsch. The beer choices were actually the best part of the menu, as were the desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!LisaDined on 8/5/2014The food was excellent. We love how they take traditional Minnesota dishes and add a creative/unique twist to everything. My son loves the Tater Tot Hautedish, and I had the Kielbasa In A Can. The presentation of that dish was unexpected and very playful. They are not short on creativity! The atmosphere is casual and relaxed. I was impressed by our server's ability to describe each dish with accuracy. This restaurant is a foodie gem and the bar area is impressive as well. The only downside of our night? I think we were sitting near a speaker because the music would occasionally become very loud which made it hard to have a conversation at times. However, that won't stop us from visiting again.Special Features:
- sweetbreadsfoodie13Dined on 8/5/2014We always get the reimagined General Tso dish with fried sweetbreads: interesting and delicious, and hard to find. Great service, with staff who really seem to know what's going on in the kitchen. Music was loud at the beginning of the meal, making it hard to talk, but tapered down after 6:30 or so.
- kathieDined on 8/5/2014I was very apprehensive about trying this restaurant as I am not a fan of Hot Dishes. At my son's insistence I ordered the Tater Tot Hot dish. I believe this dish is not named correctly as it was not a Hot Dish it was a Haute Dish. It was fantastic and I would recommend it. Server was amazing...very knowledgeable about food and wineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try everything, it's all wonderful!Harriette0804Dined on 8/4/2014My husband and I just moved here from the Chicago suburbs. We decided to go to Haute Dish for my birthday with my parents. We ordered two tasting menus so that we could try a little bit of everything, at the recommendation of very friendly and knowledgeable staff. The food was wonderful. This was my first time ever trying sweetbreads, and I'm craving them right now. I can't even pick a favorite food we had that night. The Tater tot casserole is great for less adventurous eaters while still packing a ton of flavor foodies won't want to miss out on. We left stuffed to the gills and incredibly pleased with our experience. Thanks for making my birthday such a treat. My husband and I will be bringing all our guests in the future.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014Tasty food, fun atmosphere, good service, but we thought it was a bit over-priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food that takes way too longRustyDined on 8/2/2014While the food was really good, it took waaaaaay to long. It was over an hour and a half before our meals arrived. Yes, they were busy, but they were not short-staffed -- just obviously had more tables than the kitchen could handle. Yes they gave us bread, but only two tiny plates. The food was a good price but the wine & drinks were hideously overpriced. Perhaps the long wait time was the way of making a lot of money off the bar tab! The waitress was so embarrassed by the wait that she just stopped coming to our table. The portion sizes were perfect, though -- an artfully presented single-serving on a way too big plate. Glad we tried it, but would not recommend.Special Features:
- Only had a saladnumber5Dined on 8/2/2014We arrived for our reservation at 6pm before attending a concert at 8pm that night. We placed our order by 6:20. Salads were brought out a little while later for a couple of us (not everyone ordered one) as well as drinks. At 7:30 we didn't have any other food, so I asked our server for an update. He thanked us for our patience but didn't provide any information about what was happening with out food. At 7:45 we told him we need to leave because otherwise be late for our concert. He then said our food was "just moments away" but offered to get our check. Ultimately we weren't charged for anything. None of us saw much food brought out during the nearly 2 hours that we were there. We also noticed a server who looked like she'd been crying.
- 1st datejlc13Dined on 8/2/2014Great place to bring a first date. Great food easily shared. Beer selection is awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rocky startOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/1/2014Unfortunately our dining experience did not start off on a good note. We arrived at exactly 7:45 for our 7:45 reservation and was greeted by an extremely rude gentleman who state, "I just called you, I almost gave your table away." He stated our reservation was at 7:30. I was able to show the gentlemen my 7:45 reservation confirmation email on my phone. He didn't offer an apology and stated"oh, well we had 7:30" and walked away. I felt this response was completely inappropriate as this was not my mistake plus there were two tables open right next to us the entire evening, so I'm not sure why the threat of giving our table away was made. The food and server after that was good.Special Features:
- unexpectedjcholmbergDined on 7/26/2014great tasting and imaginative food with a fun atmosphere in an historic bar....what more could you want for a memorable 30th birthday celebration?Special Features:
- Mixed feelingsMadisonfoodlvrDined on 7/26/2014The ropa vieja was amazing but the pannekoeken was overpriced and disappointing. It was basically just one pancake drowning in toppings for $14. The texture of it was not quite right for pannekoeken. Also I should point out that it was pannekoek (only one) but the menu listed it as pannekoeken (plural). Ropa vieja was delicious and a large portion. We also both ordered mixed drinks (the pacifier and a Bloody Mary); both were good but maybe a little overpriced. Service and atmosphere were fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/25/2014We go here a lot, the food is always awesome and the service is good too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014The service was amazing - our server was very knowledgeable regarding the food and extremely attentive and timely. The food was rich with flavor, without being heavy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nananaDined on 7/25/2014XxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.