119 Washington Ave N
Minneapolis, MN 55401Neighborhood:
Downtown / North Loop
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.haute-dish.com/
- Phone: 6123388484x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
HauteDish does NOT accept reservations for brunch
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 12:00am (Vegetarian Tasting Menu and limited al a carte dinner menu Sunday nights)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Landon Schoenefeld
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Haute Dish
HauteDish, a unique culinary concept that both embraces and reinvents classic Midwestern cuisine. Housed in a charming turn of century building in the Minneapolis Warehouse District, this moderately priced full service restaurant presents a casual dining atmosphere in an upscale setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Haute Dish - Best Restaurants in Downtown / North Loop ›
Haute Dish reviews from OpenTable diners
175 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (145)special occasion (60)hot spot (56)neighborhood gem (54)good for groups (43)great for brunch (27)romantic (25)vibrant bar scene (22)notable wine list (14)late-night find (14)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Nice findOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2014Enjoyed the food and the service was excellent. The waitresses knowledge of everything on the menu was appreciated when ordering. Very whimsical delivery and presentation on the Hobo. The timing was very off on our meals but the wait staff was very apologetic. Great nightSpecial Features:
- Almost perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/25/2014We made a pre-theater trip to Haute and it was really fantastic. The menu was creative and presentations were equally so. Service was pleasant and timed just right. The only negative was an over abundance of gnats around; on the back wall and buzzing around us and our food. They need to do something about it. Other than that the whole meal was almost perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- interestingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2014Waitress was nice, food was greasy and had a very strong mix of flavors. Coffee was warm and not even hot.
- caincarlieDined on 10/24/2014Food was great! Service was noticeably above average. We were seated in 'middle' section of the restaurant. In the kitchen space. It was not objectionable to be by the kitchen, however, the music (bass especially) was so loud it made conversation difficult. Also, this is not the most attractive area of the seating areas or of the restaurant. Decorating/atmosphere was a little too funky/edgy for the sophistication of the food being served.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week Review612WhereAreYouVIPDined on 10/23/2014Went here for restaurant week - we typically go here when the new menu catches our eye, or a special menu release, but we thought we would try some of their classics that we have not had yet (tater tot hot dish, pumpkin stew) in smaller portions. It played out well - portions were much smaller than what you typically get, but that's what we wanted. The pumpkin stew was a knock out. As was the tater tot hot dish - I didn't care for the tater tots, but I typically don't like them at all anyway. The Pig and Apple was amazingly well balanced and punched a huge flavor profile. Again, outstanding comfort food.Special Features:
- Simply Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/23/2014Both dishes and drinks are simply amazing. Carefuly crafted and bursting with flavors. We cannot wait to go back.Special Features:
- Feeling haute haute hauteHungryheartDined on 10/23/2014One of those taster type menus for 30 bucks a pop...the first two were barely a taste. They were good but I wished I could've just ordered them. The third was a famed burger "everything on it-no substitutions". I didn't walk away hungry. Good food but not certain it was all worth the price tag.Special Features:
- Very disappointedCallieDined on 10/23/2014We had the three course restaurant week menu. The dishes tasted like they were being mass produced and then sitting around until someone ordered them. The meats were dry and flavorless(even the braised short rib), the fresh honeycrisp on the pig and apple had warmed and softened, and other ingredients (iceberg lettuce and button mushrooms?) seemed out of place at a restaurant with haute dish's reputation. Service was friendly, but extremely rushed- the second course arrived before we'd even finished the first. The entire three course dinner with drinks took 40 minutes- Even if the food had been good, there wouldn't have been time to enjoy it
- WOW.JimCDined on 10/22/2014Had a stunning meal at Haute Dish during Restaurant Week. The three-part tasting menu was a terrific way to explore their innovative food. Everything was over-the-top good and wildly inventive. I would heartily encourage venturing the the slightly sketchy location to sink your teeth into the tasty morsels this team serves up!Special Features:
- Great prix-fixe!MGerbsDined on 10/21/2014Went for restaurant week with two girlfriends and we had a great experience! First was Steak & Eggs, this was ridiculous... Second, I got the pumpkin curry with crab & prawns and this was yummy too, had some nice heat. Last was the pork tenderloin and pork belly... this was the table favorite!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsjohnfDined on 10/21/2014We were at Haute Dish for Restaurant Week. Both of us had the "steak and egg" tartar - a generous starter of classic chopped beef but with a cured egg yolk brightly mounded on a toasted cube of brioche. One of us had the "pork and beans" - 2 slices of seared pork belly with a tomatoey, well seasoned bean base in a mini iron skillet and the other one had the pumpkin and shrimp curry, which was a warming peanut sauce with chunks of shrimp and a little mound of basmati rice served in a mini pumpkin. Lastly, we had the pork 3 ways,apples 2 ways and seared cabbage - a very elevated take on a midwestern pork roast with applesauce and the "Tatertot hotdish" The justifiablly famous signature dish of creamy fried potato puree with short ribs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique idea and great fooddawwsDined on 10/17/2014They were very accommodating with our larger group and I really appreciate being put in a semi private room. They also brought out a dessert for my mom's birthday which was a special touch. Great food and fun atmosphere. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-soKenzDined on 10/12/2014The ambiance was great. The service was OK. The menu is a lot of fun and we really had high hopes, but the food was just OK as well. The fries with my Brunch Burger were soggy, the sausage pot stickers tasted like jimmy dean sausage stuffed in pot sticker skins. We did however really enjoy the Bloody Marys. I'd go back for drinks, but I wouldn't make the trip for the food again. It wasn't bad, it just wasn't great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific MealUofMNDined on 10/11/2014Thanks for the wonderful meal! Everything we ordered was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchMargeDined on 10/4/2014Ordered the basil Rathbone drink and it was amazing. Had the Reuben benedict and it was excellent. Big pieces of tender corned beef on a platter that could have been for two people. Service was excellentSpecial Features:
- Pre-Concert MealLennonDined on 9/30/2014Tried the sampler with wine pairing and everything was delicious. Very unique menu and portion sizes were right on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such good food but not serviceAbaerDined on 9/28/2014We took the in-laws for brunch because the dinner food was so good. However, it took over an hour and a half for us to eat after we ordered practically right away. The waitress at one point said it would be any second for our food and then 30 minutes later came back and said the same thing. The poor service and long wait really put a damper on the great food and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fan-freaking-tasticHawkeyeDined on 9/27/2014I've been to Haute Dish three times now and couldn't have had better experiences. First off, the food is awesome. The idea of "upscale" versions of Midwest classics is great in theory and somehow better in execution. Getting the Haute Dish is a given, but the other things I've tried were equally good. The service has always been great, fitting the same "gourmet but fun" vibe the menu has. Go. Now. Or as soon as you are able. (And don't forget about the burgers at happy hour... Whoa!!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- danabeth1VIPDined on 9/26/2014the burger and fries are so good, the chicken was the best chicken everSpecial Features:
- FantasticSpikeDined on 9/21/2014Simply never disappoints. Wonderful food. If you've never even hear you owe it to yourself to do soSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeweyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/19/2014The picnic salad and the house salad were amazing! The Beer cheese soup with the Keilbasa in the can was a little salty, but the meat was lean and tender worthy of a try. Presentations of the food was very elegant and colorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Going BackSammiDined on 9/17/2014Food was pretentious and over priced--fussily presented and not very healthy in terms of what is available at other restaurants today. The "special" salad was 1/4 a head of iceberg lettuce and carefully rolled cucumber slices with a few croutons and tomatoes and was $12/$13? Steak was delicious, but $30 and served with fries and huge slabs of Texas Toast and bone marrow--what about healthy options? Fried chicken was crispy but VERY greasy and could have been reheated/refried going on how it appeared, but the corn bread (pudding?) was delicious. Also, we were there on a Wednesday evening, and there might have been 8 other customers in addition to our table of 4. Think this says something.
- Delectable!NomnomnomDined on 9/15/2014We went on a Monday night before a concert, they had a special Monday menu. The chef's tasting with 4 food items (charcuterie plate, steak tartare, sweetbreads with fried rice, salmon with sweet corn) and 1 dessert item; absolutely delish and enough for 4 adults to share. The beef tongue and salmon were delectable!! Oyster shooters are the best!!! I had 3 myself! We really enjoy Haute Dish, wish we were closer to each other!Special Features:
- Best Brunch EverKMACDined on 9/14/2014I rarely go out to brunch, so when my family decided to go out last Sunday, I did some research. I chose Haute Dish because the menu looked unique and interesting. I was not disappointed. The atmosphere was warm and friendly, and the service was great. Most importantly the food was AWESOME!Special Features:
- Top Notch!CamdensnanaDined on 9/5/2014I enjoyed an HD classic sampling plate..HOUSE SALAD + MAC N’ CHEESE + TATER TOT HAUTEDISH. Loved every single bite of each one. The house salad might be one of the best wedge salads I've ever had! When I go back it will be tough to decide if I'd want the Mac n Cheese or the Tater Tot Hautedish. I just might need to order the sampling plate again. Our waiter Thomas was very knowledgeable and his service was top notch!Special Features:
- What a great mealSDFoodieDined on 8/30/2014Had a great time at Haute Dish and the food was phenomenal. I had the salmon which was cooked to perfection and my wife had the kielbasa in a can which was so fun to watch being opened and tasted great. Will be back again.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceBBackDined on 8/27/2014Happened to be their "dim sum" event. Everything was on skewers. Food was really fun, fresh and original. Carrot corn dog - who would have thought? Delicious. We were going to go to the Minnesota State Fair, but chose here instead. It was like going to an upscale state fair.Special Features:
- Haute Dish on a stick612WhereAreYouVIPDined on 8/27/2014As usual, they knock it out of the park. While I have dined here for several regular dinners, the Haute Dish staff can really make a 'pop up' event special. All of the state fair inspired dishes were great and would welcome them on the menu any day of the week. Super fun time, great food and atmosphere. Would have loved to have seen drink specials, but hey, I was too busy eating.Special Features:
- Interesting CombosFHDinerVIPDined on 8/21/2014This restaurant takes old dishes and updates them in interesting ways. We had the General Tso's sweetbreads which were perfectly cooked with Asian seasoning with a nice hunk of foie gras on the side. The short rib haute dish was delicious. Overall, a great experience.Special Features:
- The bestGozacgoDined on 8/20/2014Haute dish never fails to impress. Great for a weeknight or a special occasion or for people visiting. Creative, fun, delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!Brun37Dined on 8/18/2014I loves this restaurant. Our server was polite, knowledgeable, and brought the courses in a well-timed manner. The food was amazing - great new takes on Midwestern classics that take you back to childhood in Minnesota! A bit spendy but when even an iceberg salad is amazing, worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowSKIPPERTOOVIPDined on 8/17/2014Creativity in kitchen is rare. Great combinations of ingredients. Server was very helpful in explaining dishes on ordering, and repeated on delivery. Any negative reviews are not genuine, or do not have an adventuresome palateSpecial Features:
- Something has happenedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/10/2014Haute dish used to be our go to place for brunch. But our recent visit just wasnt up to par. The eggs and brisket were cold when served and the hash was non-existent. The server forgot one dish and after we ordered it again, we had to wait 15 minutes for it to be served. Maybe it was a bad day, but just not the same.
- Good brunchKatariinaDined on 8/9/2014We were a group of 10 and came to Haute Dish for brunch on Saturday, August 9th. The ambiance is little lacking for brunch; dark, little grimy looking and very much like a night spot, but for dinner or late night bite it would be perfect. The food is excellent..."ordinary" ingredients with a twist. Our waitress was so patient...we were not an easy group to manage, but she did it with a smile and not getting frustrated. She split the bill individually...never heard of in my home state of California. Big kudos to her.Special Features:
- Minnesota classics, deconstructedverbalmuggingVIPDined on 8/8/2014Food was imaginitve and extremely well prepared and presented. The signature Tater Tot Hot Dish was one of the best dishes I've had. Perfect short rib, divine little potato croquettes (the "tots"). The Kielbasa in a Can was fun and clever, and delicious. Our host was on point, our server was versed in the menu and very pleasant. Only knock was the bar staff - a total disconnect in service from the rest of the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super placeJackVIPDined on 8/6/2014Food was as beautiful as it was delicious Service was well paced and knowledgableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not much for repeatBoxOfRainDined on 8/6/2014Sure, it was interesting. Some classic, hot-dish style meals, prepared with interesting ingredients and new twists. Very clever, sure, but I would not make the place my regular haunt. We had five different plates, a "pork and beans", "kielbasa in a can" , fried chicken, a salad, and a gnocchi. All were well-proportioned and nicely presented. The flavors were both fresh and vivid. But, the choices were fairly limited, and seemed verging into kitsch. The beer choices were actually the best part of the menu, as were the desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!LisaDined on 8/5/2014The food was excellent. We love how they take traditional Minnesota dishes and add a creative/unique twist to everything. My son loves the Tater Tot Hautedish, and I had the Kielbasa In A Can. The presentation of that dish was unexpected and very playful. They are not short on creativity! The atmosphere is casual and relaxed. I was impressed by our server's ability to describe each dish with accuracy. This restaurant is a foodie gem and the bar area is impressive as well. The only downside of our night? I think we were sitting near a speaker because the music would occasionally become very loud which made it hard to have a conversation at times. However, that won't stop us from visiting again.Special Features:
- sweetbreadsfoodie13Dined on 8/5/2014We always get the reimagined General Tso dish with fried sweetbreads: interesting and delicious, and hard to find. Great service, with staff who really seem to know what's going on in the kitchen. Music was loud at the beginning of the meal, making it hard to talk, but tapered down after 6:30 or so.
- kathieDined on 8/5/2014I was very apprehensive about trying this restaurant as I am not a fan of Hot Dishes. At my son's insistence I ordered the Tater Tot Hot dish. I believe this dish is not named correctly as it was not a Hot Dish it was a Haute Dish. It was fantastic and I would recommend it. Server was amazing...very knowledgeable about food and wineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.