6703 Melrose Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90038Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://hatfieldsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (323) 935-2977
- Hours of Operation:
DINNER: Monday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm Friday: 6:00pm - 10:30pm Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Quinn Hatfield
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Hatfields
Quinn Hatfield's deft touch in the kitchen shines through on his short but dead-on, market-fresh menu. Appetizers are playful: Fabulously fleshy charred octopus is offset by a citrus-candied orange rind, and an updated croque madame features fresh hamachi, along with proscuitto, quail egg and out-of-this-world brioche. Main courses are uniformly excellent, be it juicy pan-roasted seabass, meaty duck breast that eats like a steak, and luscious, mint-crusted rack of lamb. For desserts, Karen Hatfield outdoes herself with the molten-centered house specialty chocolate peanut butter truffle cake, which is worth every decadent calorie its name promises.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Hatfields - Best Restaurants in Hollywood ›
Hatfields reviews from OpenTable diners
119 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (92)special occasion (84)romantic (54)good for groups (39)notable wine list (37)neighborhood gem (28)hot spot (15)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- elegance on Melrosejanieb1123VIPDined on 11/22/2014Extremely beautiful space with fantastic sculptural lighting design, Hatfield's provides an elegant dining experience. First visited a few weeks after it opened and have been back a coupe of times and have not been disappointed. It's quite a distance from where we live but we find it worth the trip. I am a duck lover and my rule is only order it in an excellent restaurant. Hatfield's met the challenge. We all enjoyed our meals and desserts. The service was attentive without being intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WONDERFUL DINING EXPERIENCE!!!wildriceVIPDined on 11/21/2014Quinn and Karen Hatfield have created an elegant, refined restaurant that was even more amazing our second time there, than the first (and that was pretty amazing)!!! The dining room is gorgeous, with a great view of the kitchen. The sound is impeccable, where you can actually have lovely conversations, and hear your friends. And, then there's the food and service - beyond delicious and outstanding. The bartender was friendly and informative, and makes great cocktails! The waiter steered us to the perfect food choices, and each dish mouth-watering fantastic! We were tempted to order seconds of a few dishes, but thankfully, we saved room for dessert. My friends and I go out for a "foodie dinner" at least once a month. We normally have 7:30 reservations, and are home by 10 p.m. This particular evening at Hatfield's was so relaxing (we even ordered a second bottle of wine), so comfortable, and just so enjoyable, that you imagine our shock when we looked at our watches and it was after 11 p.m.!!! I can't recommend this restaurant enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!lafoodieDined on 11/9/2014This restaurant certainly lived up to all the hype. Outstanding food, service and ambience. Excellent choice for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2014Food was fantastic, one of the best meals of my life. Service was impeccable. Wait staff is knowledgeable, attentive without being obtrusive, and made us feel very at ease. One member of my party has several serious allergies and they could not have been more accommodating or easy about it. A truly fantastic dining experience. I will definitely return.Special Features:
- Outstanding experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014My husband and I were greeted and taken to our table immediately. We decided on the 7 course meal with wine pairing. Our server and the semalier, Patrick, were outstanding. It was a delight to see the kitchen through the glass window. What a clean, smooth operation it is! The food was superb! We delighted in every plate that was served to us. The wine pairing was excellent. We highly recommend Hatfield's to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie44VIPDined on 11/8/2014Great food and service! Very creative. Highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Somewhat DisappointedBermudaSchwartzDined on 11/6/2014Richly composed food. Fantastic seafood starters. However the main course on the Prix Fixe menu was over salted and too acidic. Desserts were too sweet. The "House favorite" beignet was drier than week-old donut holes from Dunkin' Donuts. Not dying to go back.Special Features:
- Fine diningzafsDined on 11/2/2014Hatfield's is expensive but well worth it. The food and service are outstanding in pleasant surroundings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always amazing!HaboueDined on 11/1/2014I love this place, the food is always delicious, the ambiance is dimmly lit, and romantic, the service is top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just averagemodernegirlDined on 11/1/2014After hearing people rave about this restaurant we finally tried it for dinner. If I didn't read Hatfield's had a Michelin star I wouldn't have know by the food. We've dined at Michelin rated restaurants from Finland to LA and this one sadly didn't meet the standards for us. Food aside, the service was fantastic. Our waiter was friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Not for you if...PrinceDined on 10/25/2014The place has open kitchen with doors opening to dining area where smell and tear is giving you a negoative feeling to start with. Very few waiters in a hurry that you have to run after to ask even a small favor. Food is disappointingly poor. Beef served cold and tasteless , lost its texture... If you are a gourmet and looking for something really good, I suggest you chose another restaurant in the neibourghood...
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/25/2014We were there on Saturday and enjoyed a wonderful meal. The staff and the service were wonderful, especially the sommelier. The menu is varied without being too overwhelming. The patrons were quite eclectic which added to the atmosphere. My only disappointment was the dessert. I was hoping for something "chocolately". Overall, a great experience and would go return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ServicefoodieKDined on 10/25/2014While I have to highly commend the wait staff, I have to say that I was a little disappointed with the meal itself. It somehow lacked the finer delicate flavors and textures that I was looking for in the tasting menu. Overall though it was a very pleasant experience and yes, I would recommend it to a friend. Perhaps next time I will just order off the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellence All AroundEaterDined on 10/25/2014We had an overall excellent experience. The service was top notch and the food was inspired.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bottom line...OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/18/2014To be honest, my husband & I went because we were curious about why this restaurant had a michelin star. It's definitely a very proper place in every sense but personally found the decor boring (square room, minimalistic style, whites and beiges), a lot of time is allowed between your dishes, and the cuisine itself frankly, yes, very nice but... we've had great food in much better surroundings and served faster elsewhere. Also, after having read reviews, we had requested a quiet table- at first were offered one at the patio outside but it was the air conditioning that made it so cold & not pleasant so were brought inside- luckily got a great corner table. Otherwise, the main seating is in middle of the room tables side by side.Special Features:
- Great Food Great EveningpantageticketholderDined on 10/10/2014The food was innovative, delicious, and rich. We would definitely go back - Hatfields was one of the best dining experiences we have had in Los Angeles.Special Features:
- Outstanding cuisinepepperDined on 10/9/2014The chef is a genius with blending the taste of foods. Our server was wonderful at recommending a wine choice and advising us about the food we chose. The ambiance was a bit austere and not as welcoming as I prefer.Special Features:
- Tasteless coffeesusanVIPDined on 10/3/2014Everything was great except the coffee. Totally tasteless. .Special Features:
- Poorly executed dishesMcGeeinSDDined on 9/27/2014We were in LA for 1 night and researched several places to have dinner and chose Hatfields. The restaurant has a nice ambiance but is a bit loud so I was glad we requested a quiet table and were given a spot on the patio. We each got the prix fix. The bottle of wine we wanted they were out of, the sommelier suggested something else unique and it was very good. The service was well executed. Unfortunately all the dishes were woefully under seasoned. We got through the first course without requesting salt but finally had to ask. The salmon had a strange texture - everything was mushy and the roe overpowered the dish. My husband actually couldn't finish it. Dessert was great. For these prices, the food should taste good.
- A well deserved Michelin StarLASteveDined on 9/27/2014If you want to discover what it takes to get a Michelin star Hatfield's is a great place to start. The food and service is consistent with any one star restaurant in Europe. This was my wife and self's second visit and it did not disappoint. We both cook so when we eat out it has to be different and excellent. The only negative was the background music was a little too high for our liking but that can be excused after tasting the food, which is the only reason you would want to be there. We recommend that on a first visit go with the "Prix Fixe" so you get to taste at least four items off the Menu in addition to the "amuse de bouche"Special Features:
- when you need quiet pamperingWestsidefoodie12VIPDined on 9/26/2014Aftger a horrendous day for both of us, my wife said "I need a great dinner, quiet enough to talk, white tabelcloths, and pampering" She ten said Hatfields. We have been there many times. We got a 7:30 reservation and was please to see the restaurant mostly full. We had an intelligent waiter, and I usually order the lamb dish with all kinds of lovely accompanments. My wife ordered loup de mer and a pasta appetizer. You see Chefs bustling in the kitchen to make sure your dishes are perfect. We call it civilized diningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in LABrockVIPDined on 9/24/2014Hayfields continues to be unparalleled in the perfect LA dining experience! Everything was wonderful! It is as simple as that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not great.foodiepieVIPDined on 9/23/2014Haven't been there in a while. The experience was wonderful. Sat near the kitchen so as to watch the professionalism there on display. LA Magazine gives them 4 stars. I would give them 3 stars. The food was very good but not exceptional. Service was flawless!Special Features:
- Hatfields never disappointsBarbaraBVIPDined on 9/20/2014Imaginative menu. Excellent implementation. Waitstaff that actually seem to like their jobs. Great selection of wine by the glass (or bottle) . If you prefer quiet ask for a table on the enclosed patio. The vegetarian prix fixe menu is superb and I am not even a vegetarian! Worth the sticker shock.Special Features:
- Passionate chefsRrhunterDined on 9/14/2014Had the 4 course tasting menu, each dish was great. Special recommendation: 36h cooked meat - super tender and great flavors. Also the sea divers scallops were a real treat! Dessert selection and quality is also a real plus.Special Features:
- Superb Food and ServiceBobS42Dined on 9/13/2014Hatfield's lived up to its Michelin Star. The food and service we superb. The braised octopus appetizer and grilled pork belly entrée were top notch as were the mosaic baby beet salad and the pan roasted striped bass that my wife had. The wine list had an extensive selection of wines by the glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over and OverOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/12/2014I've been enjoying Hatfield's since the were located by The Grove, and it continues to deliver every time. The menu is approachable and changes regularly. Great for a wonderful family outing or if you need to impress some clients.Special Features:
- HATFIELD'S HOMERUN!NacnudVIPDined on 9/6/2014Karen and Quinn Hatfield know how to run a restaurant. From the front to the back, there is no detail unattended. We were there for our Anniversary - we've celebrated several there - and this was one of the best experiences ever. If you've been thinking about trying Hatfield's, wait no longer.Special Features:
- Friday nightNoellDined on 9/5/2014We dined at Hatfield's early on a Friday evening (6:30) The restaurant was pretty empty at that time but full when we left. The food was very nice with some interesting combinations. Especially enjoyed the Croque Madame and the Lamb with dates and mint. Had a new to us wine which was delightful. Staff attentive, helpful and friendly.Special Features:
- Definitely try the "Croque Madam"SoCalGeofVIPDined on 9/4/2014We had a fantastic evening celebrating an anniversary here. We ordered the 4 course seasonal prix fixe menu (incl. dessert), but asked to add something from the a la carte menu onto the beginning: the "Croque Madam," which we shared. Although the rest of the meal was excellent as well, that was the best thing we had all night. I highly recommend trying it! Another fun fact is that there is a credit card commercial airing featuring chef Curtis Stone at an "Italian" restaurant. But if you look closely, he's actually inside Hatfield's.Special Features:
- Never DissapointsPASSION4FOODVIPDined on 9/4/2014Had the prix fixe menu! It was delicious. Service was great as usual.Special Features:
- Light n tastyOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/30/2014For what we ate - duck, lamb, short ribs, hangar steak - it could have been very rich and fatty, but it was actually quite light. Delicious! Braised octopus to start and also the Croque Madame" which is actually sashimi, prosciutto and toast with a quail egg (fantastic.) then, the aforementioned mains - hangar steak was really soft. Dunno how they did that. To finish, strawberry shortcake and caramel bavarois. Quiet atmosphere, couteous service and a wine list with variety if not comprehensive.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceUpscalehealthynaturalVIPDined on 8/30/2014We did the pre fixe menu and loved the food. The scallops were great and so was the agnolotti which was a great vegetarian option. The salmon was delicious and so was the squid.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced, low energy, blah bathRELIGIONisEVILVIPDined on 8/28/2014The food, while tasty, was over-priced, as was the wine list which had few affordable options. The service was friendly and unobtrusive. The bathrooms need a remodel.
- Perfect meallafoodiesDined on 8/27/2014This was our first visit to Hatfield's and it definitely won't be the last. Service was gracious, knowledgable, not rushed. We had the mezzaluna pasta starter with beets. Loved the flavor. Octopus starter was delicious, too. My main was a perfectly cooked lupe de mer, husband had hangar steak/short rib, which he inhaled. Dessert was a fun beignet with chocolate sauce for dipping with a tiny malted milkshake served in an espresso cup. Our server introduced us to a lovely dessert wine, a macvin du Jura, which was just the right flavor with the sweets. We were there for my husband's birthday, and hatfield's made it a very special occasion, topped off with homemade malomars!!! Must go back again to try more of the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hats off to Hatfield'sDouganandaVIPDined on 8/24/2014I happened to dine on a surprisingly slow Sunday evening, so the room felt a bit lonely. It was nonetheless lovely and the food very good. I had the vegetarian tasting menu which was relatively simple but tasty and beautiful in presentation. The staff was as gracious as could be. KudosSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An adult eveningTexascountessDined on 8/24/2014Perfect Cocktails. Impeccable service. Creative well prepared food. The only miss was a scallop dish with a very heavy sauce that overwhelmed the delicacy of the scallop. Other in other than that everything was just beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what we were expectingHammyVIPDined on 8/23/2014Went to Hatfields based on its reputation and the fact that it had a Michelin Star. I will say we were sadly disappointed. I consider myself a foodie but I want to say that I am not a food snob by any means. Interesting small menu but the real problem was execution and flavor. Many of the dishes we had lacked flavor and many items just plain overcooked. Dinner fell flat, however, service was good.
- Overpriced and overratedAllyDined on 8/23/2014We had a good meal. But this is a restaurant with a Michelin star. We were expecting to be wowed, and we weren't. The menu seems outdated compared to some of the culinary gems that are sprouting up around LA.
- Great Food and ServiceLloydVIPDined on 8/23/2014We started with the Heirloom tomato and watermelon salad which was great. We then had the the Croquet Madam which was outstanding. The slow cooked Loup de Mer was absolutely awesome along with the pan roasted Duck Breast which was very tender and had great flavor. Timothy was our waiter and was fantastic. Very knowledgeable about the menu and extremely friendly. Overall this was a phenomenal experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.