Hastings House Dining Room
160 Upper Ganges Rd
Salt Spring Island, BC V8K 2S2Neighborhood:
Salt Spring Island
ContinentalPrice: CAN$51 and over
Hastings House Dining Room
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.hastingshouse.com/
- Phone: 2505372362
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly: 5:30 PM - 10:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Continental, Vegetarian / Vegan
- Executive Chef: Marcel Kauer
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, High Tea, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our Catering Manager, Robert Beringer, has all skills and resources to provide exceptional private events for groups 2-60 in our indoor venues or up to 175 using our manicured grounds surrounding the restaurant. contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
- Private Party Facilities: Our Snug Private Dining Room offers a quite experience with attentive service for two to twelve. Our Veranda offers private dining for groups up to sixty people with panoramic views of Ganges Harbour.
- Private Party Contact: Boden Wilson 250-537-2362x206
- Special Events: Stay tuned for our fourth annual Chefs Across The Water event series!
- Cross Street: Lower Ganges Rd
- Public Transit: Hastings House Dining Room also offers a complimentary ride home after dinner anywhere on Salt Spring Island.
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: Free parking available to all dining and hotel guests free of charge. Hastings House Dining Room also offers a complimentary ride home after dinner anywhere on Salt Spring Island.
A word from Hastings House Dining Room
Rated as one of the best restaurants in BC, Hastings House Dining Room is a refined yet relaxed experience. With superb service to match the exquisite cuisine and award-winning wine list, every dish is prepared imaginatively but simply, allowing guests to savor the fresh ingredients. The intimate dining room and the more open Veranda, both with spectacular views of Ganges Harbor, features a 3 or 4 course menus. Famous Salt Spring Island lamb and local Dungeness crab are guest favorites. Our Dining room is open for reservations March 1st-October 31stContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Hastings House Dining Room reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great eveningElegantDined on 5/3/2014Our experience was very special, thank you for it once again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary to rememberOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/17/2013We chose Hastings House to celebrate our 30th anniversary because of its reputation and were dazzled. Everything was perfect - and we are somewhat picky people when it comes to food. Each course was beautifully presented and the flavor profiles were amazing. The setting overlooking the harbor and the service were equally memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special momentsppeppsterDined on 9/15/2013Our dining experience was well worth it. The dining house, nestled in the trees, overlooks the harbour so the lights from the boats could be seen. A welcoming fire greeted us in the lobby. The food selections were wonderfully prepared, and expertly served. From the duck liver taster to the cup of post dinner coffee, each taste was delightful. Thank you to executive chef Marcel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit disappointedhappydinerDined on 9/14/2013The food and wine were very good, but the experience as a whole was not worth the hefty price.
- Salt spring lamb at hastings houseSanguineDined on 9/3/2013We has a fantastic anniversary dinner feasting on exquisite salt spring lamb in beautiful hastings house. It was our first time there. The room and grounds are exquisite. The food was truly exceptional. I would recommend it for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relax and enjoyperfectoVIPDined on 8/31/2013Nice view and relaxing environment. We love the peacefulness and the placid water. Food is just right and outstanding service. My guests from California totally enjoy the evening. An ala carte menu would be perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EvaluationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2013We visit SALT SPRING two or three times a year. We have dined there before. Our visit two nights ago was pleasant. My wife had the prawn salad and salmon. I had venison carpaccio and lamb. My wife"s salad lacked large prawns. My carpaccio was as thin as paper and I could not taste any venison. My lamb left a lot to desire . The taste was goof, buy there were five thin pieces about the size of a loony each. I think for the price you charge, there should be adequate amount served. Hope next time we would have a better experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Salt Spring RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/21/2013We love the relaxed, charming, yet sophisticated sense of Hastings House. Is definitely a "special occasion" restaurant but is also an intimate couple or good-friends special place. We've always found the food and wine to be excellent and we'll definitely return to Hastings House.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally got to eat there!AndoDined on 8/6/2013We have wanted to go to Hastings House since visiting Ganges the first time. Wonderful place:food ,wine,history,site, garden,and GM. Encourage all to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fell short of expectationsOlliecatDined on 8/6/2013I had booked and actually called ahead and requested a window table. I was told that that it was first-come. I was also asked if this was a special occasion and I told them that it was our 5th anniversary 3 days prior and my 50th birthday on the day of the reservation. we were seated at a table next to the fireplace even though both tables by the window had no one seated. I suspect they reserve those for patrons of the hotel? The person who seated us acknowledged my birthday and that was it. No one mentioned it the rest of the evening. Service was poor, water glasses never refilled until we were getting the bill. Server never around, food just ok. Very unmemorable evening unfortunately.Special Features:
- Expensive wine list!IWFoodieVIPDined on 7/23/2013Fabulous food but wine list VERY, VERY expensive!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Life as it should beStormyVIPDined on 7/22/2013Sublime, vibrant tastes of incredibly fresh local food in a setting that takes you back to the sunniest memory of being on the ocean. The vegetables, risotto, game hen and Gravlax were delightful accompanied by Burrowing Owl Chardonnay. And the desserts! Blackberry apple crumble and an almond torte with deep flavored raspberry coulis...more berry than Chambord. The dining manager even took us to the ferry and arranged our dining so that we didn't have to rush... Delightful, and we need to return there soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!Foodie122Dined on 6/25/2013This is one of the best restaurants I have ever been to. The staff are amazing and make sure that every detail is looked after. The wine list has an excellent selection of BC and international wines. Our server Emily was possible the best we ever encountered. The quality of the local food surpassed all of our expectations and the presentation was exquisite. The level of service and the quality of the food at Hasting House is unattainable at most other fine dining restaurants in the BC- Excellent Value!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our first dining experience at HHFirsttosaltspringDined on 6/9/2013We had a table for two by the window facing the harbour. The staff (West) described it as the best seats in the house and we agreed with him. West served us emminently well. I had spot prawns for entree which was excellent. My wife had a duck dish but she would have preferred a rack of lamb which she loves and for which Salt Spring Island is so famous. The overall food quality is excellent. The most important thing is that we felt that we were attended to with personal care. The dining room was arranged to allow us to enjoy our dinner as if in the privacy of our home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was amazing.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/18/2013The food was so good I wish I could go there every day. Can hardly wait to return to the island just to return to Hastings House.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!Foodie122Dined on 5/12/2013Everything was wonderful! We can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I took my husband to HastingsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/16/2013I took my husband to Hastings House for his birthday and it was perfect. The food was outstanding, the service superior, the setting so very charming and the special birthday touches were quite delightful!Special Features:
- This restaurant never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/8/2012This restaurant never disappoints ... It is a classic enduring special place that is quiet, intimate and delicious.Special Features:
- From the moment we got outOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/12/2012From the moment we got out of our car to the moment we returned to it, our experience was awe inspiring. The grounds, flowers, manor house and staff were outstanding. The food....where do I begin, presentation and taste a mouthwatering experience and one myself and friends will always remember. Cheers and thanks!!Special Features:
- Another most enjoyable meal.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/16/2012Another most enjoyable meal. Look forward to a return visit.Special Features:
- FantasticOldhossDined on 6/25/2012Took my wife there on our 24th anniversary. Food, service, ambiance all exceeded our expectations. Thank you for a memorable evening.Special Features:
- I loved the ambience at HastingslovegoodfoodVIPDined on 4/29/2012I loved the ambience at Hastings House. The service was impeccable and our party of 3 agrees the food was incredible. I had the pan seared scallops and they were delectable. We will definitely be back here to enjoy more of their dishes and their lovely grounds and views. What an incredibly beautiful setting.Special Features:
- Fantastic food and service.SpongebuddhaDined on 4/27/2012Fantastic food and service. Expensive but worth it.Special Features:
- My wife and I had dinner atJeffVDined on 3/29/2012My wife and I had dinner at Hastings House for the first time this past Thursday. Our reservations were last minute, yet the staff was very gracious and accommodating - which is how the whole dinner went. An unbelievably attractive setting and quaint tavern feeling. Food was wonderful - we enjoyed the 3 and 4 course options, since we not desert lovers, we were able to use this course as an additional appetizer. Wonderful, will look forward to returning soon.Special Features:
- Had heard it was a great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/24/2012Had heard it was a great place but it was amazing. Everything was perfect right down to the person touch of your menu being personalized.Special Features:
- A magical ambience. ExquisiteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/15/2012A magical ambience. Exquisite service, superb view. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- We requested wine pairingsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/30/2011We requested wine pairings through the dinner and the server's selection was excellent! She brought a glass of her choosing for each of us with each course and she was bang on! We also appreciated the flexibility of the dinner with us able to choose 3 appetizers and only one dessert for sharing (rather than restricting us to 2 appetizers and 2 desserts). Such a beautiful evening- thank you!Special Features:
- Great location overlookingKimCVIPDined on 9/10/2011Great location overlooking the harbour at Ganges. Very attentive staff, delicious meal, wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Hasting House Perfection DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/4/2011Absolutely Impeccable! Outstanding Food,Service and atmosphere. Name cards tickled our guest and made them feel oh so special! We started with the Artisan Cheese Plate, then the Grilled Tiger Prawns. Three in our party ordered the Filet of Alberta and it was cooked to perfection. I had the Seared Wild Sockeye Salmon. I've had the priviledge of dining from the East coast to the West coast and can honestly say it is the best I have ever had! All 3 desserts were ordered and our favorite was the Summer Fruit Crisp followed by Local Blueberry Cheese Tart. We will definitely enjoy Hasting House Restaurant on our return visits to Salt Springs Island! Absolutely Delicious! The Scenic View and Landscaped grounds are Unbelievable! Simply Perfection!Special Features:
- Very special place with fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/3/2011Very special place with fantastic food and service.Special Features:
- Unique and beautiful westOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/27/2011Unique and beautiful west coast experience. A hidden gem in Salt Spring Island. Will definitly go back again.Special Features:
- Fantastic restaurant. We'vekathleenfmVIPDined on 8/23/2011Fantastic restaurant. We've travelled all over the world and eaten in many restaurants and this one definitely was memorable. We ate their twice, each ordering the lamb a different night and it was spectacular. Given that neither of us are big lamb eaters, we were shocked at how utterly fantastic it was. Also, I have never eaten a more perfectly divine tomato!Special Features:
- perfect serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2011our waiter (male) was unbelievable good.. many thanks..Special Features:
- Lovely experience and oneOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/6/2011Lovely experience and one which we have been looking forward to for a long time. It didn't disappoint.Special Features:
- Our experience at HastingsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2011Our experience at Hastings House Dining Room was awesome. Our dinners were absolutely delicious! The service was excellent. The water views of the Village of Ganges are beautiful from here and the atmosphere is perfect. It is now in our top three choices of restaurants to dine out.Special Features:
- The Hastings House DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/27/2011The Hastings House Dining Room is in a wonderful old Manor House with lots of charm. There is a three course menu which provides several choices for each course and a four course set menu. The bisque was lovely and just the right amount. The halibut was cooked to perfection and the quinoa was the best I have ever tasted - beautifully seasoned and complemented the halibut perfectly. The Alberta beef was cooked to specifications and was fork tender. Desserts were fabulous.Special Features:
- An experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/2/2011Hastings House lived up to its lofty reputation - spectacular food in a spectacular setting. The place is a BC treasure and Marcel is a brilliant chef who is up to the challenge of finding the best ingredients from the region and combining them in incredibly delicious ways. Marion was a perfect server, enhancing the experience with friendly, knowledgeable, impeccable service. There really were no negatives but I think next time I'll request the dining room. The Verandah is bright and has great views, but feels just a little bit like overflow seating. Overall, it was a wonderful, memorable experience from start to finish.Special Features:
- Absolutely fantastic ! WeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/20/2011Absolutely fantastic ! We were blown away with the gorgeous setting, fabulous view, great cuisine and outstanding service ! 6 stars !Special Features:
- A fabulous view on a sunnyCookieDined on 4/22/2011A fabulous view on a sunny spring evening. The service and wine were superb. And I loved the interior of house.