911 Lincoln Ave
Steamboat Springs, CO 80487Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://harwigs.com/
- Phone: 9708791919x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Asian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Executive Chefs: JJ Jenny & Ryan Hoth Sous Chef: John Long
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Intimate Dinners to large weddings.
Personal chef at your residence.
Custom menus for any budget.
Food and wine parings by in house sommelier.
- Entertainment: On select evenings world class chamber music preformed by the Steamboat Springs Quartet.
Yearly; Steamboat Springs Orchestra Fund Raiser.
Every Friday evening the jazz fusion of piano sensation Lee Parker.
Tastings with our expert Sommelier, Mike Lang.
Ask about our Harwigs' Wine Club membership!
- Special Events: First Friday Artwalk Downtown Steamboat Springs! On the first Friday of every month, we will feature a new artists' works in our bar seating area, as well as in the Gallery. The art is on display for the entire month and available for purchase. Please join us for the next First Friday Artwalk!
A word from Harwigs
Harwigs’ is family owned restaurant that has happily served the Steamboat Community for over 32 years. We deliver an elegant dining experience, in a relaxed atmosphere. Harwigs’ offers innovative cuisine prepared with creative passion by second generation chefs. Our seasonal changing menus focus on local agriculture and fresh ingredients. Harwigs’ award winning wine list compliments our chef creations with global selections that appeal to connoisseurs and novices alike. We warming welcome you to share your next dining experience with us.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Harwigs reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (7)fit for foodies (6)romantic (6)notable wine list (5)neighborhood gem (3)good for groups (2)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Fabulous food & serviceNikaDined on 10/21/2014We come here quite often and Harwigs never fails to be absolutely amazing. Great food service and just really nice meals. We leave every time wondering how they do it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependable all around!KramerDined on 9/28/2014Harwig's has stood the change of times and other restaurants in Steamboat Springs to deliver consistent creative and excellent cuisine. And their authenticity in local sourcing is most admirable. Thank you !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best salmon ever!KMerDined on 8/15/2014The food at Harwigs is exquisite. I enjoyed an excellent salmon entree as wen as soup and salad and an awesome dessert which was recommended by the wait staff. We found the restaurant to be very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Harwigs is a GemFreedogVIPDined on 7/26/2014If you are in Steamboat, Colorado, treat yourself to a dining experience at Harwigs. It's not inexpensive but a solid value with a superb wine list, outstanding service and the food is top notch. Great variety on the menu and the "Cork Dork" will give you wine recommendation that will enhance your dining experience. We've eaten there twice and will definitely be back next time in Steamboat.Special Features:
- Inventive & memorable food,YUMMYAmocenareVIPDined on 7/14/2014After 22 years it's getting better. Most delicious dinner yetSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 126 reviews are from the Harwigs reviews archive.
- Best in SteamboatGregPDined on 6/16/2014We were after good French food for an anniversary getaway to Steamboat. Harwig's supplied it, perfectly. Unbelievable wine/liquor list (3 pages of single-malt scotch?!), great escargot, superbly cooked duck, attentive and knowledgeable service, polished-wood-and-old-photos/posters ambiance. Loved it. (Much better than Diva, which was top of the lists at the time and turned out to be just meh.)Special Features:
- Excellent DinnerKHinStmbtDined on 5/9/2014Our favorite place in town. Excellent food and great service! Flat out the best place in Steamboat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food...MissGGDined on 5/6/2014First off, the Food was fabulous. The service was average. We expected to be informed about all the wonderful things on the menu but were not. Did not tell us about entrees or recommend any food. I had to ask what type of oysters they had and was told a very basic answer east coast or west coast. So I asked again, what are they called. For a restaurant that serves $30 and up entrees I would of liked the server to be alittle more passionate about the menu. The decor was okay. Loud inside the restaurant. No need to dress up, apparently you can wear shorts and sneakers in here and not stand out. We will be back because the food was great!Special Features:
- As always. . .K80477Dined on 4/28/2014. . . Harwig's was excellent. Waitstaff is knowledgeable and attentive but not "hover-y". From the first hello to leaving at the end of the meal, everyone is uniformly friendly and welcoming. I love the way they try new things without making them gimmicky - let's hope we're all past things like scummy-looking, gray brown mushroom foam! Happily they keep a few icons on the menu - don't ever drop the lamb sliders!! I also like the way one can order from the dinner menu or the bar menu or mix the two. Small appetites can have a salad from the dinner menu and a lamb slider from the bar menu while big appetites can bliss out over a steak dinner. The music level permits conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for local flair!jkwolffDined on 4/26/2014The good is expensive but experience and taste makes it worth your while! Local friendly atmosphere in the heart of town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceBDayBoyDined on 4/13/2014We were very skeptical when we walked in but we're quickly put at ease by the wait staff. Although it probably doesn't qualify as kid friendly, they went the extra mile for our small kids. The food was great. Dessert was awesome.Special Features:
- Thai TuesdaysYoungChildrenVIPDined on 4/1/2014Wow! The service was excellent. We were seated at 5:45 with 3 kids under 8 years, the staff treated them as young adults, they were also using their "best" manners. Food was excellent, all Thai dishes were under $10, they slso served their regular entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was exceptional, foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/21/2014Service was exceptional, food delicious, the wine list was very strong and overall Harwigs surpassed our expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gem in SteamboatBalancedVIPDined on 3/12/2014Currently not appreciated by the visiting tourist this locally know restaurant is hard to beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is good but beware!BruceDined on 2/28/2014The restaurant was small, very crowded, and loud. Finally got seated 20min after our reservation time. Wine selection was superb. The food was very good but probably because they were so busy my wife had to send back her undercooked pork tenderloin. Unfortunately for us, this was not the place to go for a quiet, intimate dinner.Special Features:
- Valentine's weekendMarianneDined on 2/15/2014My husband and I visited Harwigs recently for a late Valentine's dinner. We really enjoyed it. My only criticism was that it felt a little rushed to me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the best anywhere!WorldtravelerDined on 2/15/2014Fabulous food and service. Never had better lobster bisque anywhere. The duck was better than anything I've ever had in Brussels or Paris or anywere for that matter. Great wine list and wait staff. Pinot wine cellar with dining is wonderful. The personal touch by "Head Debtor" aka Owner Jamie Jenny is a gold standard to which others should aspire.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tasty food and comfortable elegancelizgffoodieDined on 2/15/2014It was our son's 14 year old birthday and though the restaurant was fancier (and pricier ) than I expected or really wanted, the staff did a great job making us feel comfortable with the kids etc. The food was spectacular. We had the swordfish. Great place for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Expected much more….OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/23/2014Had heard fabulous things about the food and overall dining experience at Harwig's. Therefore, we booked a table for 4 with friends to celebrate our last night together in Steamboat. On a Thursday night, in-season, the restaurant was empty. That should have been the first clue. We were only 1 of 3 parties dining that evening. The food was not what we expected at $30+ per entree nor was the attention or lack thereof of our server. For a restaurant that touts itself as unsurpassed and best dining experience in Steamboat, we were disappointed to say the least. There are many other dining options of much higher caliber and truly world class in Steamboat. Do not waste your time or money on this one.Special Features:
- New Years EveJoeWDined on 12/31/2013Great wine list! Options included black or white truffles with your entre. Service was professional and enthusiastic about their food. Portions were adequate and well-presented. During the meal, we were treated by the chef, then the owner. Equal to a great dining experience in any major city.Special Features:
- Wonderful blend of flavors!GourmetBabyDined on 12/28/2013Harwig's was a delightful surprise to our group of foodies! The Foie Gras was unbelievable - a delicate blend of flavors and textures! The lamb chops were very tender, seasoned perfectly and the risotto paired with it was delicious. Two other entres we ordered: the Cobia and Filet of Beef were also well prepared and beautifully presented. For those who appreciate great wines, the wine list is very extensive. The 2007 Paulliac was devine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The bestStratusDined on 12/26/2013One of the finest dining experiences I have ever had, anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas DinnergonebikingVIPDined on 12/25/2013We have enjoyed Harwig's for many years and had our family Christmas dinner there. As usual, wine selections are tremendous, and I never fail to ask for "what would you suggest..." because the recommendations are so delightful. Food continues to be delicious. What a fun evening.Special Features:
- 35 years and countingMotekDined on 12/23/2013Clearly has loyal repeat customers. Our special event received no attention. Great wine selection. Deserts very disappointing. Expensive. But we knew that.Special Features:
- Good FoodsmrlovinDined on 12/19/2013This is the second time we have eaten here. The first experience was not that great, but glad we came back for a second try (thanks to a holiday gift certificate) because it was DELICIOUS! The oysters we had were amazing and fresh. The scallop appetizer small but tasty. The salads were gorgeous. And there was a lobster special that we added to the filet on the menu that was beautiful. The server was kind enough to suggest we split it right in half and each get our own plate of steak & lobster, which the kitchen did a great job of doing. The desserts were different, but tasty. I will go back for another round for another special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Eveningski2dineDined on 12/19/2013My wife and I love to ski in Steamboat, and somehow had not found this gem until this year. Extensive wine list, friendly staff and a very exciting menu. I had a wonderful foie gras torchon with cured olive and figs, and the owner himself, without any warning bought me a glass of sauternes because as he said "this is the only way to eat foie gras". My wife had the duck and I enjoyed colorado lamb chops, both were great paired with a nice bordeaux poured once again by the owner, Jamie I believe. I will be returning to Harwigs every time I am in Steamboat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie dreamAdventurerVIPDined on 12/14/2013Had a wonderful meal. Sat, talked, ate, and drank wine for hours. Very nice anniversary meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a surprise!NancyDined on 11/28/2013Being out-of-towners, we didn't know where to eat and pretty much selected this restaurant based on the wine list! This was the best meal we have eaten in years! I can't say one bad thing about this food, everything was cooked to absolute perfection, the tastes are bright and fresh, not at all trendy but completely unique. Oh, and my husband is a chef, three restaurants in 20 years and he loved it! (And he won't eat anyone else's cooking!) It's pricey, this kind of food takes a lot of work to prepare. But it was worth every penny. For example, I had braised onions on my plate as part of the vegetable selection. No one braises onions anymore, too time consuming! They were out of this world and would make Julia Child green with envy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre Thanksgiving MealmcrhettDined on 11/28/2013My family was first to arrive at the restaurant at 4 pm and were immediately placed at the worst table in the restaurant. When we requested a move to a different table in the otherwise empty restaurant, the hostess made no effort to honor our request. I could have easily gotten over it had the meal been more delicious, but the prix fixe meal was fairly disappointing. Black truffle gravy with zero black truffle flavor, a tomato with a couple of pieces of asparagus the restaurant tried to pass as a 'napoleon', and dry, flavorless ham and turkey. Overall, way overpriced and not up to par for the fine dining experience Harwig's aspires to be. I had a lot of experiences to be thankful for this week, but my meal at Harwig's was not one of them.
- Best restaurant in SteamboatStratusDined on 11/2/2013The food and service at this gem is simply incredible. I can honestly say my dining experience at Harwigs/L'apogee was one of the finest I have ever had. If you are in Steamboat, do yourself a favor and enjoy an evening of great dining and ambience at Harwigs.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful DinnerKHinStmbtDined on 9/22/2013This was our first time at Harwigs and we truly enjoyed it. The service was incredible - something that becomes rather rare these days - and the food was very, very good. We liked the Quail the best. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memories made here!KansasCoupleDined on 8/24/2013We are always looking for a special dining experience when we travel and we definitely found it at Harwigs. The food, the wine, and the service are all great here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/20/2013Great find! We were in town for just a week that included our 42nd anniversary. The staff welcomed us with open arms. They were able, with only a short notice, to get yellow roses for my wife and have them on the table when we entered the room. They made the evening special for both of us. The food was outstanding and the staff was the same. For the desert they put Happy Anniversary in chocolate around the edge of the plate. What a night. My wife and I are both still talking about it. Thank you so much for a special evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Pricey for just "Good!"OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/17/20134 gourmands looked so forward to having an upscale dining experience. The atmosphere was wonderfully quiet; tables were set with white clothes. the waiter and wine steward were very knowledgeable; the menu was impressive with unusual and locally grown organic ingredients. Although the waiter never told me to "save my fork", the service was poor & a bit slow. Waiter kept referring to us as collective "we" and took a long time getting drink and bread refills. Our lobster bisque (wonderful!) was served cold; 2 of 3 orders of CO lamb chops were so fatty there was hardly anything to eat! The accompaniments on the plate were heaped together,making it hard to tell what we were eating. I won't return, for value did not match the price!Special Features:
- 2nd visitjaundnyDined on 8/8/2013This was our 2nd visit to Harwigs. We both enjoyed the Alaskan Halibut. My husband loved the lobster and carrot bisque. My arugula salad with bing cherries was wonderful. Try the Kimtini if you go, like a martini but better. Lava cake and creme brulee for dessert were both presented deliciously. The presentation of the food and the dinnerware is very thoughtful and creative. We would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Great anniversary dinner!GirlygirlVIPDined on 8/7/2013We were in Steamboat to celebrate our 29th wedding anniversary and enjoy the wine weekend. This was our first time to dine here and it was fabulous. Our waitperson was attentive and knowledgable, and the sommellier recommended a perfect wine. Our food was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good food and winetstaufDined on 7/12/2013Very good food and wine but be ready for a leisurely dinner. This is a good place for a special occasion, but plan on at least 2 hours for your meal. Its also fun to dine at the bar if you're looking for community and conversation, its a very nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistantbilloxDined on 6/22/2013My wife and dine here every time we visit Steamboat. It only gets better! The staff is outstanding, The wine list is creative and reasonable. Fresh oysters, filet covered with fresh morels...a real foodie and wonderful dining experience..you will always come back..also pricing is very competitive and we would say a value..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/25/2013Harwig's is our go-to restaurant in Steamboat Springs, where we know we will always have a marvelous experience -- delicious food, excellent wine, and sensitive service. This evening was no exception. We started with the happy hour oysters on the half-shell ($1 each!) He had the crispy-skin duck, I had the sea bass. The proprietor chose a lovely rose' champagne (at our request), which made the meal especially festive. We ordered the creme brulee to share for dessert, which the chef sent out with "happy anniversary" drawn in chocolate, beautifully embellishing the plate. (How did they know? Wink wink!) Once again, a memorable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We've eaten here several timesUltimateFoodieVIPDined on 3/15/2013We've eaten here several times over the years. This year was a disappointment. There are better places that cost less.