1059 South Big Bend Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63117Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.harveststlouis.com/
- Phone: 3146453522
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Sunday Dinner- 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Nicholas Miller
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call to discuss what exciting things we can offer for your event!
- Private Party Facilities: We, at Harvest, can offer semi-private dining for groups from 2-15 or private dining for groups up to 40 people. We take pride in offering only the finest seasonal ingredients on our "slow-food" menu. We will work with you to design a menu specifically to your group- large or small. We also enjoy helping you to pair wines with you selected menu for the ultimate dining experience.
- Private Party Contact: Laura Compton 3146453522
- Entertainment: We can accomodate any dietary request. (encouraged to call ahead). Personal wines are welcome ($15 corkage fee per bottle. Fee may be waived if additional bottles are purchased)
- Special Events: Join our email list at www.harveststlouis.com to receive our monthly newsletter and information regarding all of our special promotions throughout the year!
A word from Harvest
Harvest features fresh local and seasonal ingredients, beautifully presented, in a casual, warm setting. Harvest takes American cuisine to a new level, transforming seafood, steaks, chicken, game, and vegetables into multi-tiered presentations of flavors and textures. Centrally located in the Clayton-Richmond Heights corridor, Harvest is less than 10 minutes from downtown St. Louis.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Harvest reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (6)notable wine list (6)special occasion (6)neighborhood gem (5)romantic (5)hot spot (3)good for groups (2)vibrant bar scene (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/21/2014showed up and restaurant was closed-someone should have contacted usSpecial Features:
- They've closed their doors.ProfKDined on 6/21/2014On June 15, Harvest closed down! In fairness, they sent me an e-mail notification but I misinterpreted it. We arrived at the time of our reservation to find the restaurant dark, returned home, and called. The message on the answering machine informed us that, as of June 15, Harvest was out-of-business. Open Table dropped the ball on this one -- accepting a reservation a week after the restaurant had gone out of business. OT obviously should stop taking reservations for this restaurant! We only live about 5 minutes away so driving there to find the place closed wasn't a major inconvenience. (This was a special occasion, though, and finding another restaurant where we could eat without a reservation was.)
- Outstandinglovemyfish55VIPDined on 6/18/2014Harvest is the best restaurant in St.Louis. I am so sorry they will be closing, the entire staff was professional, and knowledgeable about every aspect of Culinary delights. I hope they will find another venture, to keep this wonderful food available for St.Louis foodies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ClosedGOneVIPDined on 6/15/2014Since this was the final night this fine restaurant was open, I don't see much point in reviewing it.
- Understand Why They ClosedFedUpDined on 6/15/2014Service was slow and inattentive. The lady handing out bread (that you had to ask for & got one slice) rudely reached across us instead of serving from the other side of the table. Water was never refilled nor were we offered more wine. Food was bland, not as described. The waiter asked how we liked our food, but when we didn't give it a good review he just walked off without a word. If this is how things have been for a while I can see why they closed. I think I will stay home and cook it myself next time. I can clearly do a better job. As for the noise level, it was so loud my daughter and I could not carry on a conversation. As we were leaving we saw the "Best Restaurant" signs. From 2000. This chef didn't even own the place then.Special Features:
- Gonna MissOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/14/2014My wife and I had eaten here many times, so when I heard it was closing I knew we had to visit one more time! Everything we had was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible to see it goHotpepperVIPDined on 6/13/2014This restaurant has been a staple to St. Louis and has been wonderful every time we've eaten there. Its sad to see this place close.Special Features:
- Not As Good as First TimeOnADateDined on 6/13/2014Probably because we came 2 days before they were closing their doors for good. Food was very average. Dessert was nothing special. Tab suggested otherwise. Hate to say it, but based on that experience, I'm not terribly surprised they are closing shop. Too expensive (and I didn't even pay!) for what is it.Special Features:
- Excellent food and wine listJeg135Dined on 6/6/2014I had a wonderful dinner. My friend and I had the fish special- I believe it was called Capia. It was perfectly cooked with delicate tomatoes, capers and polenta. The waitress recommended an excellent Napa Chardonney as well. The orange/white cake dessert special completed a wonderful meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1141 reviews are from the Harvest reviews archive.
- Great dinner spot!katsmom98VIPDined on 5/25/2014This place has been on my list of "must try" restaurants for some time. I am SO GLAD that we finally did! Very intimate restaurant with a knockout list of cocktails and an even better wine list. We all enjoyed our entrees immensely! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great anniversary spot.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/20/2014We went here for our anniversary this year after having such a good time last year doing the same. The sweet potato tots were delicious and the pork was very tender and full of flavor. The bread pudding was the highlight for dessert.Special Features:
- Harvest is a Home RunEdwardVIPDined on 5/18/2014Harvest is a St. Louis gem. On the most recent visit I had a delicious ribeye steak along with an amazing beet salad and topped off by a strawberry rhubarb turnover. Everything was OUTSTANDING!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mother's Day BrunchClaytonDinerDined on 5/11/2014Really really nice place to go, especially for special occasion like Mother's Day. Good food, good service and good special menu. Very tasty food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers day brunchQueenDined on 5/11/2014We took mom here in her wheelchair and had no trouble getting her in. Food was excellent and portions small, which was fine for us. Drinks unique and fun. Delicious local food. Bread pudding to die for .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sat. Night OutFamilyDineDined on 5/10/2014We had an enjoyable evening,food was very good and service was excellant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- packerfanDined on 4/27/2014The food was fantastic, the service was not. He was not attentive and didn't crack a smile even once.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always amazingbonapetit10Dined on 4/19/2014This is our favorite restaurant for a special occasion date night. The food is delectable until the last bite, fresh seasonal vegetables, and the presentation is always impressive. Save room for the bread pudding dessert!Special Features:
- Consistently ExcellentTennisace1Dined on 4/19/2014We dine here often and the food and service are always excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/16/2014Great place to go for a date night - good food & good serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Harvest DinnerGarmanDined on 4/15/2014We had not been to Harvest in a long time, and decided we wanted to "rediscover" it. Our memories were that it was a good value and offered some unique dishes crafted with foods from local farms. Unfortunately, we were a bit disappointed. The food was just fair. The fish special tasted fishy - a sign that it wasn't too fresh -- and some of the other dishes were just okay. Overall, not a great experience. But, we're likely to try it one more time since the service was good, and the ambiance was nice. Maybe we just ordered the wrong thing.
- Always reliableStylingSTLDined on 4/12/2014You can always rely on Harvest to provide a wonderful meal. The trout was delicious and served as filets rather than the entire fish. The risotto balls were just the right amount of starch to complement. Others at the table had the rib-eye special and the flat iron steak. All 3 steaks were presented as ordered. There was a rather long pause between courses as the dining room was completely full. We had good conversation going at our table so the lag was not as noticeable as it otherwise might have been. On that note the tables for 4 in the main room were very tightly positioned. The two men at our table had trouble getting in and out of their chairs. Solution to that is difficult without giving up a table or two. Service great!Special Features:
- A Perfect Saturday Night DinnerdoubleDDined on 4/12/2014We always order the foi gras as our first course, it is our favorite. I love the way it is prepared and serviced. My husband and I both ordered the trout Saturday night and enjoyed the presentation of the dish. The trout was outstanding in a broth along with green beans and mushrooms and somthing similar to a gnocchi. We split the bread pudding which you will have to try because it is to delicious to describe. Outstanding meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday treat!JamesDined on 4/12/2014Celebrated my birthday there and it was a real treat! They had sent me a email offering one free entry with the purchase of a second. They automatically took off the cost of my entree even though it was the most expensive! As indicated the food, service, and ambience were all excellent. All fresh food and prepared exquisitely.Special Features:
- A Great Date Night DinnerarthurDined on 4/5/2014Our weekly "date" (without the kids) took us to a movie and then for the first time, we visited Harvest. I made reservations ahead of time and was glad since the restaurant is obviously popular. (There was even a group of prom kids there!) The wine and oysters got the meal off to a good start. The Black Angus steaks were delicious and supplemented perfectly by the garlic mashed potatoes. What we really treasure about our date nights is the time during and after dinner when we can quietly talk about our lives, our jobs, and our kids. The atmosphere was perfect and we'll be returning to Harvest. Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Friday night out at HarvestRichDined on 4/4/2014My wife and I took another couple, new to St Louis, for a night out. We continue to come back to Harvest periodically, somewhat to check out the seasonal offering and because it has always been a delight. Our meal and visit was all we expected. Nick's menu is superb. Our friends went with the five course tasting menu, my wife had the steak special off menu, and I had the special of the red snapper. My wife and I both had the carrot ginger soup as a starter; and quite honestly, this was one of the most tasty starters to a meal we have ever had. All of the other servings were 5-star; and I, of course, "had" to finish with the bread pudding. My wife laughed at how I rave about that dessert. Megan was our server and was delightful.Special Features:
- Wonderful Harvest!BethszopDined on 4/2/2014From the delicious carrot mint soup to the amazing Brussels sprouts to the beautifully prepared chicken breast and hangar steak, the meals at Harvest never disappoint! We always know a wonderful, beautifully prepared meal awaits. And, of course, there's always the bread pudding...so yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant! Unique atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/28/2014Great restaurant! Unique atmosphere. Love the room with the vines on the ceiling. Charming warm comfortable feeling in every corner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Plain Goodlovemyfish55VIPDined on 3/25/2014Harvest is the best restaurant in St.Louis.....enough said.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not perfectDisCERNingDinerVIPDined on 3/22/2014As we always expect here at Harvest, our meal was really good. The menu has changed since we were there last. Nice portions and great flavor. Our service was a bit slow. The waitress would be gone for very long periods of time during which our wine and water glasses would sit empty. Overall, though, it was a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great hidden gemKellyDined on 3/21/2014I have lived near this restaurant for a year, and overlooked it time & time again. I'm so glad we finally stopped in. I love seasonal menus, especially ones well-executed. My husband had the fish special, I had the chicken. The chicken was salty but I love salty so was very happy. The outside of the chicken had just the right amount of crisp and the inside was juicy & flavorful with a wonderful flavorful gravy. The fish was melt-on-your-tongue delicate with a great sauce. The service was very attentive and helpful. I look forward to their other seasonal menus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A New "find" and we'll be backRuthDined on 3/21/2014This was a new "find" for us and we will definitely be back. Server was excellent, knowledgeable and very pleasant. Food was delicious, presentation was lovely and interesting, and we both learned to eat "new to us" items. We were early diners so the room was rather empty, but filling up fast. We really appreciate being able to make a reservation via Open Table and to receive a confirmation so promptly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not very excited!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014We had to wait about 30-40 minutes we got our food, after being seated. This was difficult as we had a 3 year old child with us!! This may be because it was a Saturday evening and the restaurant was full. I noticed that almost everybody who were seated near us was waiting too. The waitress was very polite and pleasant and overall ambience was good. The restaurant was full and I like to go to such places. Both our portions were small (most of the entrees start from $25 ). I ordered chicken and my husband ordered fish. I couldn't finish mine even though the portion was small as it didn't taste good. He said his dish tasted fine.Special Features:
- DisappointedYummyFoodVIPDined on 3/12/2014We hadn't been to Harvest in a year and decided to go for my husband's bday. We were surprised to find only three tables occupied. We skipped appetizers and salads, so I can't speak to those. My husband had the hangar steak which was fork tender and perfectly prepared. I ordered the pork special which the server raved about. I found it tough, fatty and inedible. Wines by the glad. Offered limited selection with only one choice per varietal. The highlight was the dessert - bread pudding. They do have one of the top 5 in St. Louis. I would definitely return for dessert.Special Features:
- Everything is 5 starslovemyfish55VIPDined on 3/12/2014The best restaurant in St.Louis, without a doubt. The food is something I dream about, and in reality is better than my dreams could ever be. The chef has a way of putting flavors together, that are so interesting and have so much flavor. If you do not try Harvest you are missing something very special!!.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food, slow servicedougandmaryDined on 3/9/2014My first time back at Harvest after many years. The food was outstanding, the ambience lovely (acceptable noise level to hold private conversation) but the service was so slow. We were there on a Sunday night and the place was a bit over half full yet the kitchen must have been understaffed. Our waiter was efficient and knowledgable but just didn't seem to have food to give us. Despite that we will be back as I can't stop thinking about the trout and carrot ginger soup I had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, as usualRadostDined on 3/4/2014We made this trip to Harvest on a weeknight. The beet and greens salad, the sea bass special and the dark chocolate tart were all excellent. Who knew that vanilla parsnips on the side could be so good?! The chef pays attention to detail. Harvest is a half hour from our home, but worth the trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great locally sourced options.LocalEaterDined on 3/1/2014I am a sucker for locally sourced food, which is the main reason I chose this restaurant. I also loved the cocktail menu. Creative but approachable, and 3 champagne cocktail options. Yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't Be BackOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/22/2014We've visited Harvest many times in the past & had mostly very good experiences. This time however, I felt the only thing "harvested" was my wallet. We ordered 6 oysters on the half shell to start, only to be served the tiniest oysters I have ever seen anywhere. $18 for 6 oysters roughly the size of a dime was foreshadowing of what was to come. We were told that they were out of any specials, as well as the short ribs on the menu. The mixed greens salads were akin to bag mixed salad with balsamic dressing & a side of cheese toast. The scallops entree included three scallops, which were good, but not not worth the price of $32. We've had several great past meals at Harvest, but I'm sorry to say, this will be our last time. Not worth it.
- DinnerWeavers082199Dined on 2/22/2014This was our third time there ...and my chicken wasn't very flavor able. Brussel sprouts were great. My husband ribeye steak wasn't all that good either. Dessert menu very limited as wellSpecial Features:
- Wonderful SUPRISEHappyDinerDined on 2/19/2014Always wanted to visit Harvest, it was wonderful from food, service and atmosphere .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.