Harvest Seasonal Grill and Wine Bar
549 Wilmington West Chester Pike
Glen Mills, PA 19342Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Harvest Seasonal Grill and Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.harvestseasonalgrill.com/
- Phone: 6103581005x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, American
- Executive Chef: Steve Calise/David Walti
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Harvest Seasonal Grill and Wine Bar
Harvest Seasonal Grill & Wine Bar features a local, farm fresh, seasonal menu with many items that are below 500 calories in an upscale casual atmosphere. Harvest also offers several organic wines, beers and specialty cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Harvest Seasonal Grill and Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Glen Mills ›
Harvest Seasonal Grill and Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
267 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (177)great for outdoor dining (113)special occasion (102)neighborhood gem (95)notable wine list (73)great for lunch (58)good for groups (57)romantic (52)hot spot (49)vibrant bar scene (38)great for brunch (22)kid-friendly (18)late-night find (13)scenic view (3)Show More
- Sunday lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2014what a beautiful day to sit outside and have a taste from the Fall Menu. Seasonal foods prepared and presented professionally really made the afternoon start off right. Once again, a great meal at a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KarenTDined on 9/27/2014After making a reservation, we arrived and were seated at a table that was thrown in at the last minute. We waited almost 15 minutes and were not approached by any wait staff. I went to the desk to complain and we were immediately moved to a better table and the manager apologized profusely for the poor service. The waitress at the second table was fabulous and the food was very good, although portions are small for the money. The noise level is high, but the restaurant itself is very nice. A second manager also offered a gift card to make up for our initial inconvenience which was very professional. I would definitely go again and would recommend Harvest.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeDancDined on 9/27/2014Really nice place, good good, excellent service, a bit noisySpecial Features:
- Great food & great serviceReedaDined on 9/24/2014I took my friend to Harvest Grill for her birthday. The food was delicious & the service was excellent.....our server Erin was the best. I would highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just ok this timelovebyobsDined on 9/23/2014We have been here many times and have always loved our meal and service. This time was just OK. Server was great as usual, cocktails yummy but the salmon BLT was dry and the chicken platter boring. They have just transitioned to the Fall menu and perhaps the kitchen needs a little practice?Special Features:
- Perfect BirthdayShoshieDined on 9/22/2014I loved every bite...and they were able to accommodate me alone with my two six year-olds. They had crayons and an appropriate kids' menu, but the food for grown-ups was elegant, delicious and local. There were some glitches in the order, and they kindly gave us free dessert for it. I will go again as soon as I can.Special Features:
- Good fall menulvdolphins420Dined on 9/21/2014New fall menu is wonderful. Some old favorites and some new choices.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceMikeDined on 9/20/2014We ate outside, small group of 4. Was great food and atmosphere. Inside was notably louder and appeared crowded. Outdoor dining was the way to go. Staff was great and very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favoritePhillyVeggieDined on 9/20/2014This restaurant is my family's default for special occasions and nights we're feeling fancy. The vegetarian options are always spectacular. If it's on the menu, be sure to try the pumpkin tortelloni. The seasonal drinks menu always has something delicious to try and the beer and wine selection is wider than you would expect at a small restaurant. Always a winner!Special Features:
- Great Fall Menu!mssuroraDined on 9/19/2014This is our favorite restaurant and we recommend it often. We always have a wonderful meal with outstanding service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/19/2014Food is always good, service is great. Love to go when they change seasonal menus. Harvest experience is more about taste (quality) than over stuffing yourself (quantity).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv this restaurant!MishaDined on 9/17/2014Great location; so close to us and luv everything about it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodjfkowlsDined on 9/15/2014Would go back. Friendly wait staff. Food very good. Seasonal menue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful surpriseSDVandJAVVIPDined on 9/14/2014Looking for something different, my health conscious wife suggested Harvest. I was skeptical of the low calorie entree thing and the whole farm-to-table/organic/sustainable movement, but what we got was great food and exemplary service, not the "I care, therefor I'm better than you" attitude I dreaded. Our waiter was friendly and knowledgeable and gave great advice. My wife loved his blackberry gin rickey creation, and I liked the Oktoberfish beer. I love non-creamy mushroom soups, so I got that as an appetizer. I got the last bowl and it was outstanding. Another great app was the smoked salmon flatbread. My coriander dusted shrimp was very good, as are the seared scallops. We look forward to going again soon to try the Fall menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hits the spottjbhoDined on 9/14/2014Food prepared to satisfy and excite. Check! Beverages created to explore and refresh. Check! Consistent quality of product and service in a nice setting. Check! Delicious, decadent and sensibly-sized desserts. Check & Yum!Special Features:
- one of our favoritesOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/13/2014always terrific. they've carved out a nice little outdoor patio to go with their indoor seating area. The food is always terrific. I had the short rib off the upcoming fall menu which was terrific. desserts are oversized shot glasses to share which was just right to finish off the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pcje4VIPDined on 9/13/2014We have been to Harvest many times and always enjoy it. Food is always fresh and delicious. Unfortunately, Saturday night was a busy night and while there seemed to be lots of staff running around, our service was slow. Not sure why, but it was a noticable difference from before. Looking forward to the fall menuSpecial Features:
- Loud but deliciousdelawaredinerDined on 9/13/2014Although the restaurant is very loud, the food was fantastic. Fresh and uniquely prepared. The Filet Mignon Salad is a must--it is "the wedge" all grown up. For starters, the mushroom dish was superb. Fine selection of draft beers and wines. Fun night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful experienceBinWilmDined on 9/12/2014From the hostesses to the server to the food, we had a terrific experience. Very welcoming staff. The manager even checked on us. We sat in a bar booth and the ambience was great. The tuna with crab roll and fish tacos were excellent. This was my third visit in two months---great spot.Special Features:
- Love2eatLove2eatDined on 9/12/2014We have been to Harvest many times before in the past couple years and each time is just as excellent as the first! Love the seasonal menu changes and the way they support the local farmers. The shot glass desserts are perfect! Just enough sweet to top off an fabulous meal without feeling stuffed and bloated!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Guestpepper8Dined on 9/7/2014I have had an amazing experience each of the times that I have dined at Harvest. The food is phenomenal, service is spectacular. The meal sizes are perfect for me and are not overwhelming as I am very petite, but if you like a lot of food don't be surprised if you are not satisfyingly full. Most males that accompany me to Harvest feel as though the entrée was the size of an appetizer. I love it though and it is one of my favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuzieDined on 9/6/2014Our biggest complaint....Our food took a long time to arrive, which I don't understand as the menu is limited and we didn't order anything special. While our waiter was extremely friendly and helpful, we didn't see much of him as he was busy with tables in another section of the restaurant. The biggest thing going for this place...the food IS good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKLike2eatDined on 9/6/2014The food here was good, but I was not blown away. We were a party of 4 and We started off with the Harvest Flat bread, which was tasty however the appetizer of calamari was not good, it was overcooked and lacked any good flavor. My friend ordered the Mac-n-cheese and this was a complete waste. No flavor and it looked like Stouffer's Mac-n-cheese only their's is better. The entree's were decent but the portion size was indicative of a 5 start restaurant down the city. All in all like I said it was ok, just not overly impressed. For the price and the "Farm to Table" type of restaurant, I would have preferred Styers right up the road on route 1 and 322.
- Favorite local restaurantCmdanceDined on 9/6/2014Love this place! My husband and I go here often, and it never disappoints. Fresh, creative, and healthy dishes that taste delicious. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food & Service!MichaelDined on 9/6/2014I took my wife and daughter here for my wife's birthday and we had a great time. The only thing better than the food, which was really good and the perfect size, was the service. Veronica our server was very attentive and helpful. it was a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Favorite Farm 2 TableBrunchLadyVIPDined on 9/5/2014This place is awesome. Food good. Knowledgable waiters. Fresh. Excellent portions. Timely service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodL1nda1106VIPDined on 8/31/2014We've eaten at Harvest numerous times and always appreciate the fresh seasonal menu. We also like that they try to keep the calorie count under 600 per dish. We were glad we could take advantage of the Labor Day weekend to get a reservation -- they're not usually available same-day. I liked the fish tacos, even if they were a little messy. My husband had the filet and my son had an entree salad. Service was a little slow, but the hot food arrived hot. My one complaint is the restaurant tends to be on the noisy side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Atmosphere very commercialOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/31/2014The food was delicious but the atmosphere was very commercial. Would have preferred a less sterile environment to enjoy such great, well-made local food.Special Features:
- Great dinnersnipsVIPDined on 8/31/2014We found Harvest on Open Table while we were visiting the area. We really appreciated the locally sourced food and the preparation. Our dinners were the seared scallops (delicious) and the Spinach and Tomato pesto pasta (excellent). The Harvest salad was a wee bit boring but we loved the side of Jalapeno Honey Cornbread. The Key Lime "Pie" dessert was a pudding and not a pie but still had an excellent flavor. All and all we really liked Harvest and would go back if we lived in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bison anyone?BurgerCrackerjackDined on 8/30/2014Do you want the best burger you can get in the area? If so the bison burger at seasons harvest grill is by far the most juicy delicious burger around. "Medium rare please" no problem. Spot on each and every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodTmelDined on 8/30/2014Salmon is delicious. Server was great. Seated right away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!jnnrsmDined on 8/30/2014We love Harvest Seasonal Grill and go there often. The food is fresh and beautifully presented, the service is friendly and efficient, especially if you are lucky to have Veronica as your server. The entire staff is familiar with the food and ingredients and are happy to answer any questions. I would recommend Harvest Grill to anyone who wants a friendly, delicious, pleasurable dining experience.Special Features:
- Great Summer Menulvdolphins420Dined on 8/30/2014Summer menu was great this year. Looking forward to the fall menu. The desserts are delicious.Special Features:
- Consistently fantastic!MandKVDined on 8/29/2014Harvest is one of our favorites because the food is fantastic and not over the top on calories, the service is always outstanding, the atmosphere exciting, and the wine is perfect. This time, we tried the new tuna appetizer special which tasted exactly like tuna we had in Hawaii. It was a wonderful reminder of a great trip, and was done to perfection. We love the seasonal change of menus as well. Never boring, always special, Harvest is consistently fantastic.Special Features:
- Dining ExperienceFoodie44Dined on 8/28/2014My cedar-roasted salmon was delicious, however, the vegetables were undercooked and sparse. The fingerling potatoes were sparse, too salty and burnt. All this for $19 . . . over-priced
- Good place for business LunchSalJunebug1VIPDined on 8/28/2014I have dined at Harvest for a few business lunches recently. The lunch choices are refreshing, healthy, and tasty. I enjoyed the grilled salmon Niçoise entree salad and my guest had a seasonal salad topped with shrimp. The service was attentive. The restaurant doesn't have a big crowd at lunch and it is easy to get into. I like to sit in the bar area as there is some nice natural lighting and is near the windows. I recommend going to Harvest for Lunch.Special Features:
- Enjoyed my first visitSubtleSandyDined on 8/25/2014After a rough start, no wait staff approached us after seating us for 20 minutes, we had a wonderful waiter who apologized and more than made up for it. Table tried a couple different flat breads and the local sauteed mushrooms; all were a big hit. Two of us tried two separate daily specials, a fish dish and a tournado dish, we all enjoyed what we received. Steak was cooked to order perfectly, fish was great adn the portions were just right. We also all tried the shot glass sized desserts. I had the key lime and it was just the right amount and taste to finish off the dinner. nice atmosphere in the restaurant and we weren't rushed at all (and we sat for a WHILE after dinner). I would go back and I would definetely recommend Harvest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Went to Harvest for my birthday dinner. Ordered the calamari to start, which was -average. But both our dinners were outstanding. We mentioned to the waitress that we were less than thrilled with the calamari, and she gave us my dessert for free. Didn't even ask or expect anything ! Oh, and the desserts were to die for. I got the chocolate caramel sea salt mousse and my husband for the banana cream pie. All I can say is wow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good as usual.lvdolphins420Dined on 8/22/2014The little desserts are just the best. No matter how full from your meal, you'll still have room for one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014The food was delicious the servers are friendly and take the time to tell you about the menu. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.