Harvest Seasonal Grill and Wine Bar
549 Wilmington West Chester Pike
Glen Mills, PA 19342Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Harvest Seasonal Grill and Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.harvestseasonalgrill.com/
- Phone: 6103581005x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, American
- Executive Chef: Steve Calise/David Walti
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Harvest Seasonal Grill and Wine Bar
Harvest Seasonal Grill & Wine Bar features a local, farm fresh, seasonal menu with many items that are below 500 calories in an upscale casual atmosphere. Harvest also offers several organic wines, beers and specialty cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Harvest Seasonal Grill and Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Glen Mills ›
Harvest Seasonal Grill and Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
265 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (171)great for outdoor dining (118)neighborhood gem (99)special occasion (94)notable wine list (71)great for lunch (60)good for groups (56)hot spot (46)romantic (45)vibrant bar scene (42)great for brunch (23)kid-friendly (21)late-night find (12)scenic view (2)Show More
- KAYfoodaholicVIPDined on 8/17/2014Food was fantastic but service was yet to be desired at 3:00 on an Sunday-the restaurant was not that busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh and deliciousOrganic1Dined on 8/16/2014We just started an all organic diet due to health issues. The hostess was friendly and attentive as was our waitress. They answered our questions and always made sure everything was going well. Definitely returning and becoming a regular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodloverVIPDined on 8/16/2014Stephanie was a delightful server, friendly, efficient and educated us about bar selections, coriander shrimp and crab cake outstanding and what a beautiful day to eat outside! Thanks for a great time.Special Features:
- Second time back and still good.marleyVIPDined on 8/15/2014Food is great... service is outstanding. Met at bar with friends and had a couple drinks and hors d'oeuvres and migrated to our table outside on our schedule regardless of reservation time. Perfect for a relaxed evening meal. Highly recommend this place.Special Features:
- Exquisite dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014We dined outside on a Friday night. This was our first experience and it was outstanding. The food was exquisite and the service was attentive. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our local "go to"MarshallStreet2014Dined on 8/11/2014Harvest has become our local "go to" place...when family is visiting from out of town, for birthdays, even if it's just Monday night. Our most recent experience more than lived up to expectations. Love that the food is local and that the menu changes seasonally...the most "locavore" place around. Our server this time was named Veronica and she was FABULOUS...very personable and she made the meal an experience. Portions are perfectly sized...I even had lunch the next day. Our faves are the edamame 3 ways, the salmon, and the barbecue short ribs. Go and enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingAmyYDined on 8/8/2014I love Harvest Grill so I was excited to dine there again. However, this experience was disappointing. I had a 7:30pm reservation and was told to have a seat and someone would be with us. By 8pm no one had contacted us so I inquired. I believe we were forgotten and were told a table just opened up. While we were looking forward to dining outside we were disappointed with the amount of mosquitoes and our waitress was not very empathetic. Why are there not more citronella candles or tiki torches? She also stared at our IDs a very long time when we ordered a drink (we are in our mid-30s and have PA licenses). Service was slow, took 2 hours for our dining experience. My leftover flatbread was folded into a sandwich for my to go box.Special Features:
- Lovely birthday dinner on patioPerfectionDined on 8/8/2014Went for my daughter's BD. Patio setting was great! We enjoyed every morsel of our dinnersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- okchardonnayDined on 8/8/2014i enjoy Harvest as a very special treat. The food is good. The noise at times can be very load.unless in a booth. The portions are artistic and small. Even with an appetizer entree and dessert a 95lb person can leave and not feel full. The wine list is nice but not too broad and expensive per glass. I do like the idea of the petite desserts..Special Features:
- Love the food!TweegaDined on 8/8/2014Great lunch - ate outside - lovely venue. Took a friend who ordered a variety of items. All good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StaceystaceyVIPDined on 8/4/2014Love this place. Very great for my vegan/plant based diet and anyone and everyone I bring here always loves it too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerRigatoniWhispererDined on 8/1/2014First time at this location. Great service, good food, albeit a bit noisy. Looking forward to fall seasonal menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- untitlednoneDined on 7/31/2014I choose not to write a review I choose not to write a review I choose not to write a reviewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great business lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/31/2014Had a business lunch with a vendor and everything was outstanding. I hD the mahi tacos (gluten free version) with the nutty watermelon salad. The tacos were so good with the exception of the GF tortilla. I just removed the filling and set them aside and enjoyed the rest of my meal. Really, so good. The nutty watermelon salad was deli refreshing and cut through the richness of the mahi. Both are a must try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GhostWriterDined on 7/30/2014The food was tasty but the portions were small. I'm not interested in overindulgence but the ratio of price to quantity was skewed heavily towards price. The server was exuberant and spent a bit too much time selling us on all of the items on the menu. If you are interested in what excites your server and what s/he likes most on the menu, you'll not experience a higher level of enthusiasm.
- Excellent service.LocalRealtorDined on 7/30/2014We have been several times without our 7 yr old because I really consider it a grown-up restaurant. But we did an early family dinner, requested a booth in back, and everything was great. Even the kids menu is healthy. No junk (commissary) food here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time was goodRandRDined on 7/30/2014Very good service. Shared short ribs and corn chowder with my wife and after the cheese and herb flat bread that was plenty for our appetites. The chowder was different than expected; brothy vs creamy and a bit bland for our taste; probably to maintain the local promise. Recommend asking your server about it before ordering. Our guest enjoyed the sole fish special. The wine list was interesting and not overwhelming offering a variety of price points. We encourage you to give Harvest a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday lunchMisspiggy50Dined on 7/30/2014Enjoyed a special lunch, food was local and yummy. Wonderful explanation of menu items. Definitely will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Favorite Placeluv2eatDined on 7/28/2014I am new to the area and we have been eating out quite often. This is by far my favorite place to eat in the Philadelphia area. Not only is the food outstanding but the service is outstanding as well. I feel you can have great food but if the service is poor, I would not return. We have been maybe 5 times and each time the server was very knowledgeable and helpful with the food and the wines. The food is grown local and is very fresh. They also give you calories and offer gluten free options. I could eat at Harvest for lunch or dinner every week.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatAEL90Dined on 7/27/2014Been going here for a few years. Nothing I have ever gotten has been bad. Food is always delicious and service is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time here won't be the last!Res3cueVIPDined on 7/27/2014A few friends and I enjoyed dinner here for a special occasion. The service was on point and they had a very friendly staff. The food was amazing. Truely fresh and just prepared well. I had the bison burger which was great. I do think the prices are a little high but considering the quality and freshness of the food it is worth it, expecially compared to the chane resturaunts that charge just about the same for subpar food and horrible service. I would suggest harvest for couples on a date, wine lovers, and anyone with a glueton allergee or intolerance. 95 percent of there normal menu and deserts can be prepared glueton free!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LocalNYCTRIPDined on 7/27/2014Good food, service and atmosphere, will go again, would recommend to a friendSpecial Features:
- FoodloverVIPDined on 7/26/2014I love your bison burgers! Cooked perfectly, thank you Janine is always friendly and efficient
- FroggyVIPDined on 7/25/2014Ordered plank cooked salmon medium well. It came back rare, so I sent it back. It came back rare again. The only thing medium well was the plank the fish was on. They did not charge me for the fish, but I didn't have dinner either. Every one else was already finished, so I didn't reorder.
- Good food but rushed serviceRehobobumDined on 7/24/2014I recently had dinner with 3 friends and though we really all enjoyed our drinks and food, the waiter seemed to rush us through the meal. It was a week night and we got there at 6:45pm and there was no waiting for a table ever that evening. But the waiter seemed to rush us to give our drink order and then the food order as well. And before everyone was finished eating, he was taking away plates. He also tried to take away drinks before they were done. It was very annoying and then the topper was saying he wanted to leave as his explanation for why he was bringing the bill and wanted us to clear the check so quickly. We finally understood why the rush, the guy wanted to leave. He was out the door before we were that night. Bad show.Special Features:
- Fresh seafood mealFoxdineDined on 7/22/2014This is a nice organic food restaurant. I had the fresh catch of the day a nice seasoned lake trout with rice and veggies. A great choice. Very well done and I would recommend seafood here anytime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good serviceBinWilmDined on 7/21/2014Great location, relaxing environment, simple, straightforward food. I rated "good" for food because my Filet wedge salad was a bit of a disappointment: just iceberg, sparse crumbled blue, five or six cherry tomatoes, and a filet tossed on a plate. No presentation effort. However, we were seated in the bar area and stayed for 2 hours but weren't rushed, which were very good manners on their part, so I will be going back to try some other dishes.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014Wonderful experience. Our server was Mario. He was absolutely fantastic with his reccomendations and made our whole experience enjoyable. The quality of the food was amazing as well as the presentation. A wonderful time was had by all. Everyone left satisfied and enjoyed the ambience of the entire restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food allergy friendlyFriendlyDinerDined on 7/19/2014We love harvest because everyone who works there is so helpful with our dairy and gluten intolerances. The food is delicious and beautifully presented. Love that they support local farms, too. We're regulars and never tire of the menu. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Large variety of foodsMareDined on 7/18/2014I don't eat flour or sugar and this restaurant was great. I had a really delicious meal here. My husband has no food restictions and had one of the higher calorie portions on the menu and said it was very good. There are also several vegetarian options on the menu. Wait staff also very helpful with menu suggestions. Look forward to returning again!Special Features:
- Skeptical to StunnedannonymousDined on 7/18/2014I've heard a lot about Harvest and the hype seemed to good to be true. Farm fresh seasonal menu, wine and beer tasting, great atmosphere, reasonable pricing, etc. Turns out, Harvest is all of that and more. The staff were friendly and attentive, the restaurant was clean and attractive, the food was delicious, and the bill was not shocking. If you like the idea of farm to table or just good food for the money, you will love Harvest.Special Features:
- Pleasedhayes86VIPDined on 7/18/2014I was pleasant pleased with this restaurant. EVERYTHING was yummy and the service was great!!Special Features:
- Great for late lunchRubsterDined on 7/18/2014Fish tacos were excellent, as well as the lavender mojito. Nice outdoor patio.Special Features:
- same as it ever wastjbhoDined on 7/17/2014Great food and service. Got to eat outside, making it even better. Fish tacos are tasty and ample. Cannot wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KinchrabbitDined on 7/17/2014My waiter recommended a fish entree that was superb!Special Features:
- Consistent awesomenessLauraKDined on 7/15/2014I was meeting friends and suggested Harvest because I had been there a few weeks before and was impressed. My friends and I loved everything from the food to the ambiance. I will definitely come back and recommend Harvest for its consistent awesomeness!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Guilt free eatingAsianfoodie1Dined on 7/15/2014Eat a 3 course meal and it will be just right. Food is from local farmers, menu is low cal. Portions are smaller but if you have an appetizer and dessert, it will be perfect...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- patio dining in summerRegisteredDietitianDined on 7/13/2014The ambiance and temperature on the patio was wonderful for dinner. Might be a little hot for lunch in mid-summer. It was much more quiet out there than inside, also. Tends to be fairly loud inside. Our food was very good- love the fresh, healthy choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Enjoy the FoodluvitDined on 7/13/2014It is refreshing to have a menu where most of the items are under 500 calories Some of the items on the menu are too pricey for us to afford We love the desserts They are delicious and not too heavySpecial Features:
- Great Birthday LunchFlyerVIPDined on 7/13/2014What a great experience at Harvest!! It was my sons 13 birthday so I was excited to take him out. We had five guys in our party. Amy took great care of all of us. I have had her before as a server ans she always does such a great job. If you go and Amy is working you can not go wrong with requesting her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.