Harvest Room - Fairmont Hotel Macdonald
10065 100 Street
Edmonton, AB T5J 0N6Neighborhood:
CanadianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Harvest Room - Fairmont Hotel Macdonald
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fairmont.com/macdonald/GuestServices/Restaurants/HarvestRoom.htm
- Phone: 780-429-6424x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Buffet : Mon - Fri 6:30am-10:00am , A La Carte untill 11 am
Sat,Sun & Stat.Holiday Breakfast Buffet & A la Carte 7:00am-12:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:00am - 2:00pm
Lunch: Sat,Sun & Stat.Holiday 12 pm - 2 pm
Royal Tea & Tour : Saturday & Sunday 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday 5:30pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Afternoon Tea, Canadian
- Executive Chef: Serge Jost
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Harvest Room - Fairmont Hotel Macdonald
The Fairmont Hotel Macdonald has a reputation for excellent cuisine and warm hospitality in the heart of downtown Edmonton. Our beautifully-appointed restaurant, The Harvest Room, overlooks the fabulous North Saskatchewan River Valley in Edmonton, the largest urban parkway in North America, and upholds Canadian tradition in grand style. The menu brims with the best Alberta beef -- all the bounty for which Alberta's heartland is famous -- and our superb wine list complements any selection. At The Harvest Room, enjoy everything from our quick start breakfast buffet and A La Carte,Express lunch,fine dining to family meals to Afternoon Tea and snacks. After a magnificent dinner, treat yourself in the Confederation Lounge to one of our many single malt scotches or a decadent Mac martini. With a wide range of specialties, our executive chef always prepares outstanding dining experiences.Follow our executive chef,sergejost@chef_jost in twitterContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Harvest Room - Fairmont Hotel Macdonald - Best Restaurants in Edmonton ›
Harvest Room - Fairmont Hotel Macdonald reviews from OpenTable diners
94 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (71)scenic view (65)romantic (48)notable wine list (30)great for outdoor dining (27)fit for foodies (27)great for brunch (22)great for lunch (19)good for groups (16)neighborhood gem (11)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (5)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Nice but the food could be improvedmalaikaRDined on 9/28/2014We had an enjoyable evening at the Harvest Room. The service was very good as was the atmosphere. The appetizers, and breads were excellent. The only disappointment was the main course. It was lamb that was very difficult to cut and a bit difficult to chew, even in very small bites. Had it been a less expensive meal, I would not complain, but at $40+ it was just not up to standard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Terrific ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014The food was fantastic and the service was amazing. This is certainly one of the best restaurant experiences that I've had.Special Features:
- JuggDined on 9/24/2014Carlos and Santos are amazing. Surely every guest must love them.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodCobaltskieDined on 9/22/2014The service was a little slow but our server was knowledgeable and friendly. We were brought a basket of 4 different kinds of house baked bread with a tomato+red wine butter. The bread itself was great but the butter was the highlight. Next we were given an amuse-bouche of tomato+strawberry gazpacho with a basil pesto which was a nice break while we were waiting for our meal. The meal itself was amazing, my roasted sablefish was cooked perfectly and the crab added a perfect amount of sweetness to the potatoes. My boyfriends poached lobster was fluffy and buttery and the veal au jus on top of the ravioli was light but flavorful. For dessert we had doulche de leche which was lovely. It is expensive (~ $40/entree) but well worth it.Special Features:
- wonderful!lorleeDined on 9/22/2014Never disappointed at the Harvest Room. The architecture, the service, the food and the view are all something to be savored.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressedMarioDined on 9/21/2014As soon as I walked in with my girlfriend, the surroundings overtook us and we were teleported to a lord's castle where we were treated as lords ourselves. Out waiter was extremely nice to us. He kept checking up on us to see how the food was, recommended dishes that would suit our tastes (after we explained what we liked) and was open to questions and even casual conversation here and there. The food was very well cooked. The tuna appetizer was well done and decorated. The bison ribs were tender and juicy with a sauce that really brought out the flavor of the meat. And to top it off, the waiter surprised us with a special plate with the text "Happy 4th anniversary" in handwritten, chocolate drizzle which was super nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SavvyStefDined on 9/21/2014Fantastic ambiance. The express lunch is a great idea. I had the tomato soup which was awesome. Followed by a not so awesome prime rib Panini. It was very greasy and not much flavor at all. The service was great and the view is to die for over looking the river valley. Especially during the fall. I had the sorbet for dessert which was basic sorbet. Tasty nonetheless. Next time I will be trying something off the non-express lunch menu. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Great food great service!MurmanDined on 9/16/2014The title speaks for itself. The food was superb and you should not leave hungry. Service was Outstanding, sincere , pleasant and professional ! My wife and myself had the three course special , appetizer , main course and desert, found all courses excellent and were so full we walked a few blocks before going to our car.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef's menu a fantastic dealVeggiefoodieDined on 9/13/2014Celebrating a bride-to-be's last night out at the Harvest room was a right choice as we were seeking a more intimate setting to enjoy good food and great company. The food really was amazing - we took advantage of the 3 course option for $59 and were blown away by the portion size and quality of the food. Service was also top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Savoy IndulgenceCMillsDined on 9/13/2014One of the wonderful things about Fairmont restaurants is the Chef's know how to cook and anything on the menu will taste amazing. I reserved a table for 5:30pm for my husbands birthday. This time on a Saturday was, to our advantage, empty. I'm assuming that most non-parenting diners were going to come later. Our waiter, Santana, was polite, knowledgeable and treated us like royalty. The overall impression of the room was elegant but dated. There was some wear and tear making itself apparent in the rug and furniture. I had made a note during the reservation of our room that it was his birthday and they didn't fail to make him feel celebrated.Special Features:
- Incredibly DisappointingFigeroDined on 9/13/2014I reviewed the Harvest Room once before (for dinner): that experience was close to perfect. Brunch on Saturday was far from perfect. From the time we arrived and were seated at a terrible table (even though I asked well ahead of time for a certain location and there were tables available), through to the way below average food, only one aspect shone and that was Douglas, our server. Four of us ordered eggs benedict ($23 each) and the eggs were hard – not how we ordered them. One person had the buffet which was good but not great and is $28/person. The quality overall was average, not much better than a diner where our bill would have been $70, not $200. Service was impeccable but I still don’t recommend it for breakfast/brunch.
- Thoroughly Enjoyable EveningLoulouDined on 9/7/2014The Harvest Room was the perfect choice to celebrate my husband's and son's birthday. All our dishes were outstanding but would recommend the sable fish as an entree and the scallops as an appetizer. Ambiance was lovely with everyone in our party being able to chat without competing with loud background music. Wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BruchDissapointedDined on 9/7/2014Was simply awful for the price. Ended up having "The Harvest" breakfast. Plate was cold, I ordered over hard eggs and they were not even fully cooked. Booked it for my fathers birthday only to find out the "better" brunch was in the other room. Server was fantastic, the food awful. Bill was about $130, I will not be going back anytime soon.Special Features:
- Just ok.JJDECODined on 9/6/2014For the price there are much nicer brunches in town. Excellent service, and food was fine, but very limited selection and no desserts. For $30/pp I expected a bit more. This was standard hotel breakfast fare. We booked brunch at 1100, and would have ordered off the menu, but the kitchen had already moved to lunch only at this time. Lovely view, but the room was noisy and not what I expected. I booked the Harvest Room brunch for a special occasion and chose the location because I wanted something formal, but the room was mostly empty and other guests were in jeans. There was a lot of noise from the kitchen and loud disco muzak playing. Servers were wonderful - we felt completely taken care of.Special Features:
- excellent44annivloveDined on 9/5/2014John and server did an excellent job entertaining my mother (87) and delighting us with an anniversary gift (plate candle and special cake) thanks you our night was enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special placeLegoDined on 9/3/2014The meal was great and the staff treats you well. My only negative is we had the express lunch and we were not out within the allotted 45 mins. But the food is so good if I didn't have to go back to work I would have not cared.Special Features:
- A bit disappointingReviewerDined on 8/31/2014Food was good, nicely presented, but the service was not nearly up to par. When you're charging that much everything needs to be perfect and sadly it was not. Might try again.Special Features:
- girls lunchjudithVIPDined on 8/28/2014just dropped in for lunch with a girlfriend. Great service, food was good and atmosphere was quiet enough for a good conversation and nice dining.Special Features:
- Awesome lunchYegTLDined on 8/25/2014I purchased a Groupon that gave me a credit of $40 for lunch for two. I went to lunch with a close friend to catch up and it was perfect! They had this express lunch within 45 mins and it was just the right amount of food. Soup or salad and, sandwich or pasta and dessert. I would always recommend the Harvest Room for anyone looking for a good lunch or brunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointedcgo639VIPDined on 8/24/2014Food was alright - not as good as I was expecting from this famous hotel. Same with the ambience of the dining room - was expecting much more.Special Features:
- Not what I had expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Orders presented to the wrong diner, by someone other than the table server. Plate stuck my wife's chair as it was being presented resulting in my appetizer ending up on the floor.Special Features:
- Triumphant!LuvonaforkDined on 8/18/2014I wanted to impress my sister as it was her birthday.The Harvest Room did its magic. At first I wasn't sure as the room was plain and there were not many people for a Monday lunch. Our Wait-server was friendly and made us comfortable. She answered questions about the food items and was diligent in service. She was available but not intrusive. The food was excellent and my sister was impressed. This was truly a triumphant birthday treat for her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceFancyteaDined on 8/17/2014They were very accommodating. My friend is vegetarian and they made sure she had a replacement to the meat dishes. We were there celebrating her birthday and at the end they also brought out a piece of birthday cake. Great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!JenCDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I went to the Harvest Room for our first time on Saturday, and we loved it. We sat on the patio, at the risk of mosquitoes, but the view was worth it (and it turned out mosquitoes weren't a problem). The patio was also great for people watching, due to the garden that is open to guests (hotel, pub, restaraunt or wedding guests) for a nice little walk. The service was fast and friendly, and the food was amazing. Everything was really tasty and well prepared, but the 2 dishes that really impressed us were the Lobster Chowder appitizer and the Beef Tenderloin entree. The Tenderloin was so flavorful, and had such an amazingly soft texture. I have never had a steak literally melt in my mouth before! Best steak I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tony and upscaleFluffyDined on 8/15/2014The lunch specials here are quite popular ($24 for salad, entree and dessert), and a good value. Just about everyone ordered them, and were happy with both variety and quality. I tried the bison short ribs. They were heavenly (not a word I use often), but certainly pricey for lunch ($30). However, you get what you pay for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/13/2014What can we say.. Everything was outstanding for our Special Day!. Will definitely return. Thanks so much for everything!Special Features:
- Elegant eveningStasiuDined on 8/12/2014I thought it was very cool to make a reservation off their web site using my android device. What was even more cool was my device reminding me that "it's now time leave for my reservation". :))) All in all.... a wonderful experience!! I hope to come back soon.Special Features:
- Worth every pennyfoodiedudeDined on 8/9/2014Fine dining at its best. Qas about 100 per plate including drinks. Went thr full dining experiance from appies to the deserts. The service was very professional. Great place to celebrate a special occassion and be pampered by great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice!!10saceDined on 8/9/2014What a genuine spot! Scenery stunning, food awesome, service Brilliant..thank you Jeanie...We'll be back soon!Special Features:
- Incredible dinner dealRobotsonDined on 8/8/2014Amazing $59 deal that includes appetizer, entree and dessert. I enjoyed the wine pairing suggestions as well. Food was fantastic. No other restaurant in Edmonton has a better view. I can hardly wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic DiningChrisDined on 8/3/2014The Harvest Room has always been one of our favorite places to eat in Edmonton. Great food, fine wine, amazing service and a killer location. I thought their choose any 3 courses for $59 was an exceptional value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In one word...lovely!SandyBDined on 8/2/2014We chose the Harvest Room as part of our wedding anniversary celebration and it did not disappoint. The menu is not extensive but the selections we made were very well prepared and very tasty. I think that I expected a little more given the location and truthfully, have had finer dining in other Edmonton restaurants but all in all, it was a lovely meal with excellent service.Special Features:
- Harvest room Patio Aug 2/14scene2loveDined on 8/2/2014We went to harvest room for our anniversary. The service was excellent. Friendly, timely, made us feel very welcomed and comfortable. The meal from the appetizer to the desert was great. The wine pairing was excellent. We would highly recommend this restaurant. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner in a CastleAnnaDined on 8/1/2014I took my niece to The Harvest Room because she wanted to eat in a castle. The staff treated her like a Princess and my niece felt sooo special. What a lovely group of staff! It was an outstanding dining experience out on the terrace with delicious food and great company. it exceeded my expectations all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not sure if change is good!MasterQDined on 7/31/2014Have gone to the Harvest Room for 15 yrs in a row for our anniversary and this year as always - the food was fantastic. The chefs never disappoint us. I had the duo pork entree and my husband the sirloin which was wonderfully done and quite a large serving. Our disappointment came with the change in the wine menu (hardly any choices) and the service. Service was obtrusivea and rushed. CP Hotel staff were once renown for their "discreet" service but since the change in ownership - well?? Our waiter rushed through it all and at times when we needed service, he was not around. Overall - I would highly recommend the food, but not much more. The level of service and ambience has deteriorated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectMonicaDined on 7/31/2014The food was everything one would expect at a Fairmont Hotel. Perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionSupersharonDined on 7/31/2014The best patio in Edmonton bar none. The food is phenomenal, the service spot on and the view over the river valley is awe inspiring. I can't figure out why this patio isn't packed to overflowing on a hot day. Only four tables set up (which were full) on the day we were there. This truly is an exceptional experience, especially in Edmonton, where "patio" usually means a table where you bake in the sun and strain to hear over the traffic noise.Special Features:
- fooddreamDined on 7/20/2014The food was exceptional! We added things that were not on the menu and it was taken care of without a problem and with a smile. Our server was Ivan and he was excellent. Very accommodating and attentive. It was a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful servicespecialbdayDined on 7/17/2014We purchased the groupon to go to the Harvest room. It would not have been affordable for us otherwise. It was fantastic. The food and service were wonderful and it was nice and quiet. I had the chicken and it was delicious and full portions so no one went home hungry. Our server also brought me a pretty little piece of cake with candle and chocolate writing as it was my birthday. Very special NightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Mac has changedPatriciaVIPDined on 7/13/2014The Harvest room still has the same great food, but you notice the little things that have been paired away. There are no tablecloths anymore, just the bare table. The staff ( especially the bar staff,) now wear golf shirts instead of the very professional black and white always worn here. I liked the old Mac, I liked the higher standards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.