Harvest Room - Fairmont Hotel Macdonald
10065 100 Street
Edmonton, AB T5J 0N6Neighborhood:
CanadianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Harvest Room - Fairmont Hotel Macdonald
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fairmont.com/macdonald/GuestServices/Restaurants/HarvestRoom.htm
- Phone: (780) 429-6424
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Buffet : Mon - Fri 6:30am-10:00am , A La Carte untill 11 am
Sat,Sun & Stat.Holiday Breakfast Buffet & A la Carte 7:00am-12:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:00am - 2:00pm
Lunch: Sat,Sun & Stat.Holiday 12 pm - 2 pm
Royal Tea & Tour : Saturday & Sunday 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday 5:30pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Afternoon Tea, Canadian
- Executive Chef: Serge Jost
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Harvest Room - Fairmont Hotel Macdonald
The Fairmont Hotel Macdonald has a reputation for excellent cuisine and warm hospitality in the heart of downtown Edmonton. Our beautifully-appointed restaurant, The Harvest Room, overlooks the fabulous North Saskatchewan River Valley in Edmonton, the largest urban parkway in North America, and upholds Canadian tradition in grand style. The menu brims with the best Alberta beef -- all the bounty for which Alberta's heartland is famous -- and our superb wine list complements any selection. At The Harvest Room, enjoy everything from our quick start breakfast buffet and A La Carte,Express lunch,fine dining to family meals to Afternoon Tea and snacks. After a magnificent dinner, treat yourself in the Confederation Lounge to one of our many single malt scotches or a decadent Mac martini. With a wide range of specialties, our executive chef always prepares outstanding dining experiences.Follow our executive chef,sergejost@chef_jost in twitterContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Harvest Room - Fairmont Hotel Macdonald - Best Restaurants in Edmonton ›
Harvest Room - Fairmont Hotel Macdonald reviews from OpenTable diners
115 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (86)scenic view (79)romantic (56)fit for foodies (38)great for lunch (34)notable wine list (31)great for brunch (25)great for outdoor dining (24)good for groups (20)neighborhood gem (12)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (3)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great view, excellent service, and good food.KMrunnerDined on 11/22/2014This is a small restaurant with a lovely view, great ambiance, and excellent service. The food was good, but there were two negative points. First, my sable fish was overly salty as was the sauce. Second, my husband's entree (beef tenderloin) and my appetizer (scallops) were not hot, they were just warm. Otherwise, our meals were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent eveningCruisinguyDined on 11/21/2014We chose the Harvest Room for our evening out and were not disappointed. The food quality was superb and presentation outstanding. We chose the build your own meal from the Three course meal from the Chef's Menu for $59.00 and what a great deal that was. The spacing between courses was not rushed and perfectly timed. You were able to chit chat without seeing your next course being presented before you were finishing up your previous course. Very pleasant staff from the reservation station to our server. Will definitely be back and highly recommend this to anyone who wishes an extra special evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ken52Dined on 11/15/2014We dined at the Harvest room Nov 15th to celebrate our 33rd anniversary. The 3 course meal was perfect. Lobster chowder, Beef Tenderlion cooked to a perfect med-rare and Lemon tart dessert were all very well prepared and presented. The service provided by our waiter, Santana, was very good and our favorite sparkling wine (Sumac Ridge Stellars Jay) was surprising well priced. We have been to many Fairmont Hotels for dinner (Montreal, Toronto, Lake Louise, Banff, Jasper, Sonoma, Kona and Maui) and the Hotel McDonald Harvest room experience was on par with our expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Robert ArtsrubberdartsDined on 11/8/2014Table next to us was a group of 10+ and stood and talked for the longest time when they first arrived making our experience very uncomfortable and crowded. They were a loud group. Our food was excellent as always. I was bothered by the fact that we had our waiter check upon how our food was(normal), but then we had at least 3 different managers or head waiters check up on us, I found this quite disturbing, I understand 1 but 3 different ones. It was also nice that once we finished our meal we were not being rushed out the restaurant for another seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent experiencefood4thoughtDined on 10/30/2014Food was good, not exceptional though. Had the Oxtail Terrine as a starter and Red Wine veal cheeks as main. My wife had the a crab chowder as a starter and the Lamb Duo as main. Suggested wine pairing with Oxtail Terrine (Italian Soave) didn't sit too well with me. Service was a bit on the annoying side. I don't particularly appreciate being asked every time, if there is any special occasion that my wife and I have come to celebrate. This time we were asked twice by the same server...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant atmosphereBillIInEdmontonDined on 10/30/2014Even when busy the high ceilings result in a quiet atmosphere. The dishes are very artistically presented, though not always particularly flavourful. Service is very good. I recommend the lobster bisque.Special Features:
- dinerdelightDined on 10/30/2014The service was wonderful and really added to the experience. Staff very knowledgeable about the menu and great suggestions. The ability to choose 3 courses and "build a meal" was a great offering. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terpolDined on 10/30/2014Our server Gloria was fantastic! The Lobster Bisque was delish! A tad over priced for lunch, but would return for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Harvest RoomStepEdmDined on 10/29/2014The service was not quite in line with the food quality and price. The service was a bit slow, although the restaurant was not busy, and the waiter was not around to refill the water until it had been empty for quite some time. The food was very tasty, however; we had the Express Lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Best Restaurants in EdmontonOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/27/20145 star food quality with 5 star service. Varied menu with great food presentation. Atmosphere in restaurant seems to have changed from formal dining to more casual. Beautiful room, tables spaced far apart. Restaurant manager (Antosh???) is running one of the best restaurants in Edmonton.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingSadtosayDined on 10/26/2014I've been here before for dinner and never been disappointed before until now. The class that a fairmont hotel excudes and the expectation for high class dining with their pricing is rather go somewhere else and pay less.Special Features:
- Good ambiance, better taste.ChrisMackDined on 10/25/2014The atmosphere in this restaurant is great. The meal choices are varied and have a good assortment. After ordering the meal (3 courses) it took a bit to start receiving the dishes but they were very satisfying. All of the dishes were very flavorful and we were pleasantly surprised at how great all the plates were presented. I would definitely return for special occasions (It was our anniversary) and look forward to my next visit.Special Features:
- Never disappointsFoodformeDined on 10/25/2014Saturday 25 October dinner at the Harvest Room and we were fortunate to have Santans as our server once again. From start to finish everything was well timed and service was impeccable. We were celebrating anniversary and The Mac proved to be the right choice again. Thank you for a great dining experience and especially the Sablefish done to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely eveningtrulycanuckDined on 10/25/2014Splendid historic location. Wonderful food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A HIDDEN GEMMichelleVIPDined on 10/20/2014If you want to be treated like a queen, visit the Harvest Room either for dinner, brunch, or high tea. I have experienced all three and commend the Fairmont Hotel Macdonald for providing outstanding food and service. In addition, the view of the city is beautiful from the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- specialoccassionDined on 10/13/2014very enjoyable. Food was lovely, as was service. Found it expensive though.Special Features:
- Amazing Thanksgiving Weekend!bebackagainDined on 10/12/2014We spent 2 days at the Fairmont McDonald. Sampled supper, breakfast and Turkey Dinner Menu. All the food was amazing! Hot, amazing flavours. Service by Jordan, Bridget and Tyler. Always checking was food okay. They knew of my lactose intolerance and were going to do a different version of the soup without any milk. So willing to accommodate for anything you needed or wanted.Special Features:
- One of my best meals in EdmontontheporkgirlVIPDined on 10/8/2014I had an absoluately amazing dining experience at the Harvest Room. We went for an early birthday dinner, but I certainly won't wait for a special occasion to come back. Our server Tim was incredible, the presentation was beautiful, and everything we ate was delicious. A huge thanks to Chef Jost and his team for a wonderful and memorable dinner.Special Features:
- Hap11111Dined on 10/6/2014Thank you for the lovely evening. Real vegan options are not always possible at downtown restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oustanding mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/2/2014From the start our server was fantastic - suggesting their tall kiwi gin & tonic to start. For the main course we both had mushroom ravioli with lobster tail, that was outstanding. The accompanying variety of bread was delicious with an interesting tomato and merlot wine butter. For desert I had the suggested creme brule, outstanding again, and my friend had the lemon tart, and she completely cleaned her plate. We had a play to attend, and our server was very attentive to make sure we had enough time to finish our meals and comfortably get to the theatre. The Harvest Room has a real old world charm.Special Features:
- ExcellentVixyDined on 10/1/2014Everything was excellent. Service and food were fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but the food could be improvedmalaikaRDined on 9/28/2014We had an enjoyable evening at the Harvest Room. The service was very good as was the atmosphere. The appetizers, and breads were excellent. The only disappointment was the main course. It was lamb that was very difficult to cut and a bit difficult to chew, even in very small bites. Had it been a less expensive meal, I would not complain, but at $40+ it was just not up to standard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchDuderDined on 9/28/2014It had a great selection of items at the breakfast buffet. It was a little pricey but you pay for the ambiance/location. I would go back.Special Features:
- Great Food, Terrific ServiceBlackDined on 9/27/2014The food was fantastic and the service was amazing. This is certainly one of the best restaurant experiences that I've had.Special Features:
- JuggDined on 9/24/2014Carlos and Santos are amazing. Surely every guest must love them.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodCobaltskieDined on 9/22/2014The service was a little slow but our server was knowledgeable and friendly. We were brought a basket of 4 different kinds of house baked bread with a tomato+red wine butter. The bread itself was great but the butter was the highlight. Next we were given an amuse-bouche of tomato+strawberry gazpacho with a basil pesto which was a nice break while we were waiting for our meal. The meal itself was amazing, my roasted sablefish was cooked perfectly and the crab added a perfect amount of sweetness to the potatoes. My boyfriends poached lobster was fluffy and buttery and the veal au jus on top of the ravioli was light but flavorful. For dessert we had doulche de leche which was lovely. It is expensive (~ $40/entree) but well worth it.Special Features:
- wonderful!lorleeDined on 9/22/2014Never disappointed at the Harvest Room. The architecture, the service, the food and the view are all something to be savored.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressedMarioDined on 9/21/2014As soon as I walked in with my girlfriend, the surroundings overtook us and we were teleported to a lord's castle where we were treated as lords ourselves. Out waiter was extremely nice to us. He kept checking up on us to see how the food was, recommended dishes that would suit our tastes (after we explained what we liked) and was open to questions and even casual conversation here and there. The food was very well cooked. The tuna appetizer was well done and decorated. The bison ribs were tender and juicy with a sauce that really brought out the flavor of the meat. And to top it off, the waiter surprised us with a special plate with the text "Happy 4th anniversary" in handwritten, chocolate drizzle which was super nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SavvyStefDined on 9/21/2014Fantastic ambiance. The express lunch is a great idea. I had the tomato soup which was awesome. Followed by a not so awesome prime rib Panini. It was very greasy and not much flavor at all. The service was great and the view is to die for over looking the river valley. Especially during the fall. I had the sorbet for dessert which was basic sorbet. Tasty nonetheless. Next time I will be trying something off the non-express lunch menu. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Great food great service!MurmanDined on 9/16/2014The title speaks for itself. The food was superb and you should not leave hungry. Service was Outstanding, sincere , pleasant and professional ! My wife and myself had the three course special , appetizer , main course and desert, found all courses excellent and were so full we walked a few blocks before going to our car.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef's menu a fantastic dealVeggiefoodieDined on 9/13/2014Celebrating a bride-to-be's last night out at the Harvest room was a right choice as we were seeking a more intimate setting to enjoy good food and great company. The food really was amazing - we took advantage of the 3 course option for $59 and were blown away by the portion size and quality of the food. Service was also top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Savoy IndulgenceCMillsDined on 9/13/2014One of the wonderful things about Fairmont restaurants is the Chef's know how to cook and anything on the menu will taste amazing. I reserved a table for 5:30pm for my husbands birthday. This time on a Saturday was, to our advantage, empty. I'm assuming that most non-parenting diners were going to come later. Our waiter, Santana, was polite, knowledgeable and treated us like royalty. The overall impression of the room was elegant but dated. There was some wear and tear making itself apparent in the rug and furniture. I had made a note during the reservation of our room that it was his birthday and they didn't fail to make him feel celebrated.Special Features:
- Incredibly DisappointingFigeroDined on 9/13/2014I reviewed the Harvest Room once before (for dinner): that experience was close to perfect. Brunch on Saturday was far from perfect. From the time we arrived and were seated at a terrible table (even though I asked well ahead of time for a certain location and there were tables available), through to the way below average food, only one aspect shone and that was Douglas, our server. Four of us ordered eggs benedict ($23 each) and the eggs were hard – not how we ordered them. One person had the buffet which was good but not great and is $28/person. The quality overall was average, not much better than a diner where our bill would have been $70, not $200. Service was impeccable but I still don’t recommend it for breakfast/brunch.
- Thoroughly Enjoyable EveningLoulouDined on 9/7/2014The Harvest Room was the perfect choice to celebrate my husband's and son's birthday. All our dishes were outstanding but would recommend the sable fish as an entree and the scallops as an appetizer. Ambiance was lovely with everyone in our party being able to chat without competing with loud background music. Wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BruchDissapointedDined on 9/7/2014Was simply awful for the price. Ended up having "The Harvest" breakfast. Plate was cold, I ordered over hard eggs and they were not even fully cooked. Booked it for my fathers birthday only to find out the "better" brunch was in the other room. Server was fantastic, the food awful. Bill was about $130, I will not be going back anytime soon.Special Features:
- Just ok.JJDECODined on 9/6/2014For the price there are much nicer brunches in town. Excellent service, and food was fine, but very limited selection and no desserts. For $30/pp I expected a bit more. This was standard hotel breakfast fare. We booked brunch at 1100, and would have ordered off the menu, but the kitchen had already moved to lunch only at this time. Lovely view, but the room was noisy and not what I expected. I booked the Harvest Room brunch for a special occasion and chose the location because I wanted something formal, but the room was mostly empty and other guests were in jeans. There was a lot of noise from the kitchen and loud disco muzak playing. Servers were wonderful - we felt completely taken care of.Special Features:
- excellent44annivloveDined on 9/5/2014John and server did an excellent job entertaining my mother (87) and delighting us with an anniversary gift (plate candle and special cake) thanks you our night was enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special placeLegoDined on 9/3/2014The meal was great and the staff treats you well. My only negative is we had the express lunch and we were not out within the allotted 45 mins. But the food is so good if I didn't have to go back to work I would have not cared.Special Features:
- A bit disappointingReviewerDined on 8/31/2014Food was good, nicely presented, but the service was not nearly up to par. When you're charging that much everything needs to be perfect and sadly it was not. Might try again.Special Features:
- girls lunchjudithVIPDined on 8/28/2014just dropped in for lunch with a girlfriend. Great service, food was good and atmosphere was quiet enough for a good conversation and nice dining.Special Features: