Harvest on Hudson
1 River Street
Hastings on Hudson, NY 10706Neighborhood:
Hastings on Hudson
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
Harvest on Hudson
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.harvest2000.com/
- Phone: 9144782800
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:45am - 2:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Vincent Barcelona
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Harvest on Hudson
Harvest On Hudson is located in the village of Hastings On Hudson – right on the Hudson River in Westchester, NY. The flagship restaurant of the Fort Pond Bay Company, Harvest On Hudson offers patio dining, an outside bar, an organic vegetable and herb garden, stone fireplace, a classy bar and lounge, view of the sunset over the Palisades, and more. Executive Chef Vincent Barcelona creates authentic gourmet Italian cuisine, inspired by our fully-functional garden and local produce. Harvest On Hudson can also accommodate your dining experience for any private event.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Harvest on Hudson - Best Restaurants in Hastings on Hudson ›
Harvest on Hudson reviews from OpenTable diners
319 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (268)great for outdoor dining (249)special occasion (179)romantic (153)fit for foodies (110)good for groups (105)great for lunch (81)neighborhood gem (67)great for brunch (53)notable wine list (38)kid-friendly (32)hot spot (30)vibrant bar scene (25)late-night find (13)Show More
- HarvestOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/29/2014Great food and dining atmosphere. A dining experience. Kind clean and courteous service .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bucolic and BeautifulLov2eatwellVIPDined on 9/29/2014What a gem. The restaurant sits right on the Hudson River. The view of the palisades is breathtaking. We sat outside and I felt like I was in my own private garden. The food was wonderful and everyone was friendly. A wonderful experience and I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view.. No quality food..OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/28/2014Harvest is extremely overpriced. The food quality is subpar. The views are amazing however.Special Features:
- DobbsFerryNYDined on 9/27/2014Beautiful decor, excellent food, timely service, can't be beat!Special Features:
- Unorganzied staffunorganziedDined on 9/27/2014Our reservation was for 5:45. The website said to arrive about 45 minutes early to get first come first served outdoor seating. When we arrived the receptionist informed us that we were early and that we had to wait outside. We asked if the bar was open and she said no not until 5:45. As we left the building we noticed people standing at the bar. We went in and the bar said yes they were open. She misinformed us. Also when it was almost 5:45 we went back to the reception area and had to wait in a long line once again. We were taken to our table to find out there was no table set up and we were then put in an area not close to looking over the water which is why we got there early.Special Features:
- Just a great placeVeggieDined on 9/26/2014I previously had lunch here when the vegetable garden was lush and enjoyed that. Returned for dinner and was a little disappointed that the garden was not as lovely...that feeling quickly passed when I watched a spectacular sunset over the river! Service in s great and the food lovely. I hope for more vegetarian offerings soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambiance ShatteredABG1Dined on 9/26/2014The outside views and food were very good. The frequent clattering of fully laden bussing carts passing by would seem to be an easy fix by relocating the carts closer to the entrance to the kitchen or by providing a barrier between dining and bussingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointedHappy2returnVIPDined on 9/25/2014We were here for a birthday dinner and all ordered different entrees and were very pleased. The service was great as well! My cousin raved about her lamb dish! She loved it. I can't wait to have the beet salad again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovechocolateVIPDined on 9/23/2014Can't say it enough: the setting is so breathtaking!!!!love the garden, the water view, the bar area with wood burning outdoor fire pits!! The food is ok, the time I did not like the arugula salad dressing, but the meat us always tasty; fish good too; fries were overdone. Orka saved the night: I said they used to have this walnut chocolate desert and she managed to bring one out although it's no longer on the menu.. Thank you, so sweet of her! Love her, very personable all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lousy/overpriced foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014The restaurant was hosting two weddings and a sweet sixteen birthday celebration. Receptionists were clueless, told us that the bar was not available until 5:45pm, we arrived at 5:05 for a 5:45 seating ,yet were served when I approached the bar. Food quality is sub par, poorly prepared. Shame on ownership and management.Special Features:
- LovechocolateVIPDined on 9/18/2014Want to go to Italy and can't? Go here! You ll forget that you're in New York. The setting is beautiful and breathtaking. Love the garden! Service got much better, new faces. The girl who greets you had a smile on her face, first time, it's about time! Love the farm to table concept, grass fed meats, homemade pastas, never tried the pizza but it looks good. A whole branzino is usually a must to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experiencemonaco321Dined on 9/17/2014The staff was excellent and the food was very tasty. The ambiance was very romantic and scenic. The staff asked if my wife and I were there for a special occasions. When we said we were, the went above and beyond to make our evening a memorable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful outdoor optionKPMMALDined on 9/17/2014Early evening sunset dinner was excellent. Beautiful location, good wine and good food. Always enjoy visiting Harvest.Special Features:
- very happyhappycamperDined on 9/15/2014I loved this restaurant the view is beautiful. The staff is worth a million bucks very god team work. We had a very good time the food was ok. My husband had the special halibut fish and it was dry. I had the special lamb it was ok. My daughter had the steak and she said it was a bit dry as well. But loved the mashed potatoes. My little one had a burger and fries and her meat was extra dry and she did not really eat it. Drinks were good I had a mojito. The desert was yummy. Over all we had a good timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SusanVIPDined on 9/13/2014Food was very disappointing, especially at this price point. Won't return.Special Features:
- Harvest has fine food, serviceMJGHVIPDined on 9/13/2014We dined at Harvest on Hudson to celebrate our wedding anniversary and were very pleased with the food, wine, and service. We liked the bottle of dry red Italian wine that my husband ordered. The beet salad had two types of beets, some greens and dollops of yogurt or yogurt-like cheese. The tomato/basil/mozzarella pizza appetizer was hot and flavorful, with crispy, thin crust. We enjoyed very much the halibut entree special and the Roman pasta. Coffee was hot and strong, as we like it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- magical birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014We took my boyfriend here for his birthday. We were a group of 6 and sat outside. The view was absolutely beautiful and the ambiance of the patio is magical. The food was to die for. Every dish was well thought out and complex. You can't go wrong with anything you order here. The only complaint I had was that our waitress was pretty inattentive and, when she finally do come over to get us more drinks she seemed impatient. Another waiter actually ended up taking over for her mid meal because she never came back to check on us. I am chalking that up to an isolated incident and will definitely be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overrated. Mediocre food.greygeekVIPDined on 9/12/2014Disappointing. Beautiful night but the fool failedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LisaDined on 9/11/2014The food is always delicious. I went there on a Thursday night 630 reservations and although the waiter was nice and cordial he was a little scarce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/10/2014The restaurant is lovely. The views are incredibly beautiful. Food and service were very good.Special Features:
- Outstanding Ambiencelucky16Dined on 9/10/2014Lunch was good. We had the prix-fixe, which had ample choices built in. Reasonable wine and beer offerings. Best thing, always, about Harvest is the setting, particularly on a beautifully sunny day. Service was attentive and friendly, but not overly so. We were allowed to linger and enjoy the atmosphere. No complaints. Even dining inside would have been pleasant with the patio doors left open. Always a good choice, but particularly in nice weather.Special Features:
- Menu not as good as it used to beWeegoDined on 9/9/2014The menu has gotten very funky. Not a problem for someone who enjoys trying new things, but if you're dining with someone who is not as adventurous, there are just a minimal amount of choices. In this case it was either Filet Mignon or one spaghetti dish (unless you wanted to spring for the highly priced Porterhouse Steak for two). Also disappointed that they took the salad topped with Calamari off the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just the placeSeniorluncherDined on 9/8/2014For a reunion of just two family members after many years the relaxing ambiance of the garden at Harvest on a mild summer evening, the attentive but not intrusive service, and exquisite food and drink were just what the doctor ordered and met all expectations. Filet mignon par excellence, dessert to die for. Can't wait to go back!
- Brought out of country guests.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014Our visitors from abroad was very impressed with the ambiance, did not seem like they were in New York but a little village in France.Special Features:
- LUCILLE & FRANKfrankVIPDined on 9/7/2014EVERYTHING WAS PERFECT, AS GOOD AS THEIR OTHER RESTAURANT, HALF MOON, NOW WE MUST TRY THEIR OTHER PLACES ON LONG ISLAND HOWEVER, WE'LL BE BACK BEFORE THE COLD WEATHER GETS HERE, GREAT OUTSIDE SEATING PLUS THEY GROW THEIR OWN VEGGIES AND THE PLACE HAS A SMALL PARK ON THE RIVER BANK FOR STROLLING....VERY NICESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Beautiful AfternoonnicknameVIPDined on 9/7/2014Had a family birthday dinner at Harvest on a Sunday afternoon/evening outside. Couldn't have been better, with the exception of one entrée. Exquisite views of the Hudson River, unique cocktails, outstanding flatbreads & seafood, together with courteous and attentive service. Not to be missed.Special Features:
- Fantastic!!StiflersmomDined on 9/6/2014The food was amazing and our waiter was very knowledgable and made sure our sons food was sent out ASAP! Great place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Dinnerjd2980Dined on 9/6/2014After reading some of of the reviews I was somewhat hesitant about our planned dinner at Harvest-on the-Hudson. The reviews could not been further from the truth. The evening was utterly fantastic from pleasant greeting at the from desk to the waiter coming to see if our dinner experience meet our expectations. The atmosphere, service and the food was one of the best we have ever experienced. This is a restaurant that I would comfortable recommend to anyone wanting a memorable dinner experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious but noisyHappyinHastingsDined on 9/5/2014If you plan dinner at Harvest, go during daylight hours so you can enjoy the great view, right on the Hudson River. We were bringing friends whose arrival made that impossible. The indoor ambience of the restaurant is also lovely, but on this Friday night it seemed very noisy, and our table was nearly touching our neighbor. A particularly raucous group made our dinner experience jangled. The food, however, was very good and well- presented. This is a popular spot for a good reason. We would go again, but earlier ... And hopefully with less rowdy tables near us.Special Features:
- Disappointed at HarvestWestchesterFoodieDined on 9/5/2014I have been to Harvest On Hudson numerous times over the past several years and always enjoyed the experience in the past. However I went this past Friday and my husband and I were both disappointed. We felt as if the quality has gone down and the experience wasn't as nice as it has been in the past. I have been to many exclusive restaurants and I don't mind paying for quality food but we felt that we really weren't getting what we were paying for this last time.Special Features:
- I enjoyed it but.....LoudFoodDined on 9/4/2014Live music? On a Thursday night? Early-ish on a Thursday night??? Way tooooo loud, and we were outside. I would have gone elsewhere if I had known about the music, and would not sit inside with that on. I like to enjoy my dinner companions but it was just too loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost 2 hours for lunchUnclePhilDined on 9/1/2014The food was fine, nothing great but fine. The was service was terrible in that it took an hour to get served with no appetizers ordered, A request for butter needed to be repeated 4 times before being received and the coffee request was forgotten twice. Things appear amiss with the service as a whole lately, which is shame considering the location and decent food.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014A great restaurant for a special occasion or for making your meal a special occasion. You feel like you are dining in a perferct spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very cool but noisyMGMasterDined on 8/30/2014It was a late last minute plan for a 12th annivesary dinner. very nice out door sittings, but we were put next to a very noisy table. don't know why as the place was almost empty. rhese people were very loud . we wanted a quite celebration but what we got was a loud and noisy party, at a strangers back yard(it seemed). staff was very nice, service was good enough. Open Table did a gread Job letting them know that it was a celebration and they did decorate our desert plate with the "Happy 12th anniversary" around it. Very nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food has changedTeacher22Dined on 8/30/2014I have been going to the harvest for at least 14 years and the last two visits have been very disappointing.the menu has changed and there is no longer food that tastes so good that you want to go back. This past visit I ordered the vegetable risotto with burrata and it was not cooked properly and tasteless, the sirloin steak was served cold and again not flavorful. The potato side with truffles was hard and cold as well. The service was good but is has been much better in the past. Although this has been one of our favorite restaurants I can see that things have changed and for the cost of eating there I would not go back.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great Viewtravel2eatDined on 8/30/2014Fabulous meal with a spectacular view of the Palisades! Pasta dishes were excellent as were desserts. Our party of six tried an assortment of dishes and no one was disappointed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/29/2014I have to report that my experience was just okay. I was not impressed with neither the appetizers or entrées. Overall the staff were attentive but the waiter didn't seem to be knowledgeable of the menu items. She simply recommended what she liked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is lackingsurgeonboiVIPDined on 8/29/2014This restaurant always seems to have an issue (when I've eaten there ) with timing between courses. First course was brought out within a reasonable time but it seemed like hours to get the entrees and even longer to get the hard as a rock, tasteless tartufo . Food has improved is passable. This restaurant lives on its idyllic setting on the Hudson ! Ignore the stars above ..... review webpage wasn't working properlySpecial Features:
- Always charmingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/29/2014A wonderful afternoon for two New Yorkers. A great getaway from the hustle and bustle.Special Features:
- Another lovely dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/28/2014Dining outdoors or in, this restaurant is always a treat. A great setting to linger over food and conversation with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.