Harvest on Hudson
1 River Street
Hastings on Hudson, NY 10706Neighborhood:
Hastings on Hudson
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
Harvest on Hudson
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.harvest2000.com/
- Phone: (914) 478-2800
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:45am - 2:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Vincent Barcelona
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Harvest on Hudson
Harvest On Hudson is located in the village of Hastings On Hudson – right on the Hudson River in Westchester, NY. The flagship restaurant of the Fort Pond Bay Company, Harvest On Hudson offers patio dining, an outside bar, an organic vegetable and herb garden, stone fireplace, a classy bar and lounge, view of the sunset over the Palisades, and more. Executive Chef Vincent Barcelona creates authentic gourmet Italian cuisine, inspired by our fully-functional garden and local produce. Harvest On Hudson can also accommodate your dining experience for any private event.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Harvest on Hudson - Best Restaurants in Hastings on Hudson ›
Harvest on Hudson reviews from OpenTable diners
303 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (250)great for outdoor dining (216)special occasion (181)romantic (139)fit for foodies (127)good for groups (120)great for lunch (80)neighborhood gem (80)notable wine list (51)great for brunch (45)vibrant bar scene (30)hot spot (27)kid-friendly (20)late-night find (9)Show More
- karturDined on 11/20/2014It's wonderful to dine on good italian food along side the Hudson River gazing at the water and sunsets. Great get away from Manhattan for lunch or dinner. Frank Sinatra songs were just a little too loud. Otherwise all was comfortable and yummy. The service very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another terrific visitShellySDined on 11/17/2014Had yet another spectacular meal at Harvest. The food almost never disappoints. Usually wonderful service (Matt and Mike were terrific on this visit). We think that this last visit was the best food ever, and we've eaten there frequently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/16/2014Food, service, ambiance all excellent. Food was delicious, service impeccable and the soft candle light made dinner very romantic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentGoodEatsVIPDined on 11/15/2014Beautiful place. Food service and the drinks are consistently excellent!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DobbsFerryNYDined on 11/15/2014Everything was fabulous - the location by the Hudson, the delicious food, the decor. Good service and not too noisy, either. Very memorable and highly recommendable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- restaurant week eventlusik11Dined on 11/14/2014It was my mom’s birthday and me and my friends took her out for dinner for the restaurant week to the “Harvest on Hudson”. I was little bit nerves that it could be too dark and too cold , as I usually go there earlier on a day during a warmer time. But it turned to be very cozy atmosphere and not too noisy for the indoor seating as it was pretty cold night. We even take a short walk outside to check on the garden. Anyway, The place is beautiful and charming regardless the season and timeframe. Menu and service were good as usual. We really enjoyed it night out. The cost was awesome as it is much more expensive during regular time. Would be nice to have similar event more often.Special Features:
- Impressive location; unimpressive foodJaneDined on 11/14/2014The location and service were very good, but I was surprised at how average the food was. The pork cheeks were rather dry and the mashed potatoes were overwhelmed by the truffle oil. Please restaurants, lay off the truffle oil. Desserts were uniformly poor like they were right out of a factory. It's a huge restaurant which is assuredly a challenge for the kitchen but everything seemed a bit hackneyed; they need to freshen their menu up and improve the quality.
- Beautiful Setting-Great foodjplitchDined on 11/14/2014Looking forward to return here soon. The view across the Hudson was beautiful, service was wonderful and food cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem by the Hudson Riverluv2eatoutDined on 11/12/2014Loved the place, the dining room is warm and inviting. Everything I ate was delicious and the service was timed properly. The place is located right by the river have to return for lunch to appreciate the view. Overall pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WONDERFULjuliDined on 11/11/2014A VERY LOVELY EVENING DURING RESTAURANT WEEK EVERYTHING WAS VERY SPECIAL THE FOOD THE AMBIANCE ..WHAT A BEAUTIFUL RESTAURANT....THE SERVICE WAS EXCELLENT...JUST A LOVELY EVENING...THANK YOUSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TomJamesDined on 11/11/2014First time ever that we were ever disappointed! During restaurant week - Harvest on Hudson should shine - it did not. The entree choices were below par. Three of us selected braised cheeks - not much else to select! The meat was salty and not very good. The strawberry tiramisu was just ordinary and the mixed green salad was just okay. We have been there for lunch and dinner before and really enjoyed the experience. Our friends who were with us said that we should have gone to Hudson House in Cold Springs instead.Special Features:
- nelkaDined on 11/11/2014I have never had a bad experience at Harvest of Hudson. It's my favorite restaurant.Special Features:
- fresh good food but too slowOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/11/2014This is the 3rd. time I've been here and the food is always fresh and delicious but the time in between appetizers and entré takes way too long. Almost 40 minutes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine DiningDonnaDined on 11/11/2014We were celebrating our 25th anniversary with our cousins and everything was first rate - the food, the service, the ambiance, and the view. Delightful experience. Would definitely come again and would recommend highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/10/2014Lovely room and grounds. Food is generally good, but seasoning of the entrees could be just a little bit better. A little more interesting flavor would make the experience much more memorable.Special Features:
- AMAZING!LilybebeDined on 11/10/2014This place was so big and beautiful, right on the Hudson river, the food was amazing. Everything was delicious! Here is a list of what we had: Braised Pork Cheeks Black Truffle Potato Mousseline, Sautéed Baby Spinach Harvest Rigatoni Bolognese, Parmigiano Reggiano, Rosemar Market Greens Shaved Seasonal Vegetables, Walnut Vinaigrette Port Panna Cotta Figs, Cinnamon, Caramelized Apple GelatoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just perfect.RichDined on 11/10/2014The food, the service and setting are just wonderful! Enjoyed every moment. Great place to celebrate a special moment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great ambiance dinner was avgmistermanhattanDined on 11/9/2014Great venue. Restaurant week menu. Excellent salad but how do you mess up salad? Calamara looked like a boiled egg. Salmon was served skin up and was appx 3.5 ounces. Desert for midgets.Special Features:
- love the view; food so-soRvrfourDined on 11/9/2014Portions on restaurant week specials were small and selection very limited.Special Features:
- Sophisticated GemBettinaDined on 11/9/2014Harvest on Hudson is a hidden gem in Hastings on Hudson. In the summer months it is very nice to sit outside, and the indoor dining is spacious and very attractive, with a beautiful brick fireplace. While sophisticated there is a warm natural feel, with high wooding ceilings and a beautiful view of the peaceful side of the Hudson River. A nice walking park runs along the river providing a romantic landscape. The food is very good, I have enjoyed fish dishes and most recently a hearty meal of pork cheeks with mash potatoes and spinach. For some diners they may find portion size small especially relative to the price. It also draws a mature crowd, so it is not a hip or trendy spot, but beautiful and upscale.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/8/2014We were seated a full 30 minutes after our reservation time. While the staff was apologetic, we were not offered the option going to bar to wait, and in fact only learned that this was an option because a party that arrived just after us was informed of this. We were given a table that clearly was only meant for 2 people, but our reservation was for 3. Luckily, I was the one who got the side of the table with the bar running across the bottom, so the chair could not be pulled in. My husband and son would not have tolerated that!
- Good ChoiceTheML5Dined on 11/7/2014We were a group of five, coming from NYC, central Westchester and Orange County NY for lunch at Harvest on Hudson during Hudson Valley Restaurant Week, and the consensus was that we had made a terrific choice of restaurant. The table service was pleasant, the food notably good (especially the red beet risotto), and the ambience and scenic view are not to be beat.Special Features:
- Met expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/6/2014Was told by friends that the fodo was excelent and it was a lovely place. They were right !Special Features:
- Average Food50topNYCDined on 11/5/2014Food was very average. The butternut squash soup was standout rest was nothing to talk about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chewy CalamariClontarf18Dined on 11/5/2014Very attentive service. Focaccia stuffed calamari over lentils was bland and quite chewy. Salmon was nice and desserts were tasty.Special Features:
- Great placehappyrn7Dined on 11/4/2014Food was very good and service was excellent. Love the table looking out at the Hudson River.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch, catch-up with a good friendSweetieDined on 11/4/2014Looking forward to Lunch with a good friend (delayed due to Health & Family problems). We wanted to have an elegant time with much catching up.... I'm not a meany: I'm a happy Grandma... who loves children. Yet.. We were seated by a family...that could not control their Son. Ok, accidents happen: He spilled his water, & water everywhere; He could not sit in his NEW chair. He proceeded to RUN around the table over & and over & over again. NO one said anything to the family? When I finally "looked" at the parents. the father, just put his hands up..... My friend & I made the best of it...it's not a perfect world. Not sure, I want to return real soon.Special Features:
- AnniversaryHungrylovebirdsDined on 11/3/2014My wife and I came here for our anniversary, everything was excellent! Ambience was great and the food was exceptional. Went for a walk around the garden afterwards, very picturesque location...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BillVDined on 11/3/2014Good food and a great Hudson River view from the large windowsSpecial Features:
- DisappointedMollyMaeDined on 11/3/2014I treated my sister to lunch during restaurant week. The selections on the price fixed lunch were disappointing. My sister chose from the regular menus. We sat at our table for at least ten minutes before a waiter came to our table. When he was asked why it had taken so long his reply was "everyone came at the same time" I do not think that should be the customer' s problem. I do not plan on returning any time soon.Special Features:
- VladimirDined on 11/1/2014The tile fish was served cold and we had to send it back. The second time around it was really good. Otherwise, everything was great. The desert - we ordered the chocoloate mousse - was below average. It really tasted like super market ice creat with tiny dollops of mousse on top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentHarvestimeDined on 10/31/2014The restaurant , the ambience , the food, drinks, the service bordered on excellent...the only issue was that it was a rainy night and valet parking would have been appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's Always a Pleasure...PiperDined on 10/27/2014The food is great and creative. There's always something new to try. The setting can't be beat. We return again and again.Special Features:
- Changes - not for the bettergadtVIPDined on 10/25/2014Our go-to restaurant for a nice meal in a beautiful setting sadly did not meet it's typical standard. The service was poor and servers seemed confused about who was assigned to our table. One server giving us the specials before we'd even placed our drink order and asking us if we wished to order then second server coming to take drink order (failing to even make eye contact) and then, when it was time to order - giving us the same specials and, when we said we'd like to order that item - being told they were out. We settled on ordering a couple of appetizers and salads and did not feel that even they were up to the standard that we've been used to here. What's happened? So disappointed.Special Features:
- Always a win.KQM53Dined on 10/23/2014The view, the food, the service, are all excellent. I love this place and travel a long way to enjoy it. And it's worth the trip every time. And as good as the view is, the food is better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place with awesome view:))MonaDined on 10/22/2014We went for lunch... It was a great experience.. Food was good and the view is awesome.... Service was also great... We got a table right away and they took really good care of us... Maybe it's busy during dinner but perfect for lunch.. Not too crowded and great place to enjoy the view of the Hudson !!! Must visit especially to celebrate any special occasion ... It's in the expensive side but well worth it:))Special Features:
- GOODTOGOGOODTOGODined on 10/19/2014Ambiance always great. Service has improved and food always good with nice presentationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the TripnicknameVIPDined on 10/18/2014We come in from Queens. We meet friends from Connecticut. We have a great night at Harvest on Hudson. Been there several times before. Eager to go again.Special Features:
- DanJDined on 10/17/2014Overall a nice dining experience. Food was very good. wait staff could have been a little more attentive. A little overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasion placeNiles50Dined on 10/17/2014First time to this restaurant for our anniversary. Very pretty gardens and view. Must be very nice in the summer. Service and food were very good and friendly. Interesting items on the menu. Would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.