Harvest on Hudson
1 River Street
Hastings on Hudson, NY 10706Neighborhood:
Hastings on Hudson
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
Harvest on Hudson
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.harvest2000.com/
- Phone: 9144782800
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:45am - 2:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Vincent Barcelona
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Harvest on Hudson
Harvest On Hudson is located in the village of Hastings On Hudson – right on the Hudson River in Westchester, NY. The flagship restaurant of the Fort Pond Bay Company, Harvest On Hudson offers patio dining, an outside bar, an organic vegetable and herb garden, stone fireplace, a classy bar and lounge, view of the sunset over the Palisades, and more. Executive Chef Vincent Barcelona creates authentic gourmet Italian cuisine, inspired by our fully-functional garden and local produce. Harvest On Hudson can also accommodate your dining experience for any private event.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Harvest on Hudson - Best Restaurants in Hastings on Hudson ›
Harvest on Hudson reviews from OpenTable diners
299 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (251)great for outdoor dining (227)special occasion (172)romantic (148)fit for foodies (110)good for groups (104)great for lunch (71)neighborhood gem (67)great for brunch (49)notable wine list (46)hot spot (28)kid-friendly (27)vibrant bar scene (26)late-night find (10)Show More
- It's Always a Pleasure...PiperDined on 10/27/2014The food is great and creative. There's always something new to try. The setting can't be beat. We return again and again.Special Features:
- Changes - not for the bettergadtVIPDined on 10/25/2014Our go-to restaurant for a nice meal in a beautiful setting sadly did not meet it's typical standard. The service was poor and servers seemed confused about who was assigned to our table. One server giving us the specials before we'd even placed our drink order and asking us if we wished to order then second server coming to take drink order (failing to even make eye contact) and then, when it was time to order - giving us the same specials and, when we said we'd like to order that item - being told they were out. We settled on ordering a couple of appetizers and salads and did not feel that even they were up to the standard that we've been used to here. What's happened? So disappointed.Special Features:
- Always a win.KQM53Dined on 10/23/2014The view, the food, the service, are all excellent. I love this place and travel a long way to enjoy it. And it's worth the trip every time. And as good as the view is, the food is better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place with awesome view:))MonaDined on 10/22/2014We went for lunch... It was a great experience.. Food was good and the view is awesome.... Service was also great... We got a table right away and they took really good care of us... Maybe it's busy during dinner but perfect for lunch.. Not too crowded and great place to enjoy the view of the Hudson !!! Must visit especially to celebrate any special occasion ... It's in the expensive side but well worth it:))Special Features:
- GOODTOGOGOODTOGODined on 10/19/2014Ambiance always great. Service has improved and food always good with nice presentationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the TripnicknameVIPDined on 10/18/2014We come in from Queens. We meet friends from Connecticut. We have a great night at Harvest on Hudson. Been there several times before. Eager to go again.Special Features:
- DanJDined on 10/17/2014Overall a nice dining experience. Food was very good. wait staff could have been a little more attentive. A little overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasion placeNiles50Dined on 10/17/2014First time to this restaurant for our anniversary. Very pretty gardens and view. Must be very nice in the summer. Service and food were very good and friendly. Interesting items on the menu. Would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasionKMNYDined on 10/16/2014This restaurant is tucked away in an unexpected corner of an unlikely section - not until you arrive do you suddenly feel like you're in Tuscany. There was a band playing the evening we dined - not loud but nice live music and could still have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always SpecialFoodviewDined on 10/15/2014Delicious food, unbelievable atmosphere & views. Always a wonderful dining experience!!Special Features:
- Great AtmospherefoodforthoughtsDined on 10/12/2014The atmosphere is spectacular inside and out. It's a nice relaxing setting with great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GaryVIPDined on 10/11/2014Nice setting and great food. Excellent wine list but just a little pricey.
- Missed the mark...bdaygirlDined on 10/11/2014The first time I went here it was late afternoon and I had a positive experience. I returned last week on a very busy Saturday night. The server we had was being trained and made several mistakes. The food was cold and in one case, undercooked. The more seasoned waiter overlooking our waiter-in-training was very attentive, friendly, and helpful. I was surprised at the quality of the food, but it could've been due to the high volume of people the restaurant was serving. I enjoyed the ambiance, but was not pleased with the food...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hudson River DiningTommossiningDined on 10/10/2014Great views of the Hudson River, the Palisades of NJ and the distant skyline of Manhattan. Food is very good and service excellent. Had a pork cheek entree (new for me) and found it to be very tender and flavorful. Other members of the group had the pasta seafood and the ravioli entrees and were also very tasty. All in all a good night out to dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014Did not expect to have a lunch take 2.5 hours. It took a long time to have the food arrive
- Lunch at Harvest in the FallSeniorluncherDined on 10/7/2014Again my guests and I had a memorable visit. This time a light lunch, rounded out by an exquisite dessert, cappuccino, and espresso. Then a walk through the gardens to the river which always dazzles visitors with the view towards city and TZ bridge. The beautiful fall decorations gave the restaurant full license to its name
- Wonderful experience for twoJohnLovesEleganceDined on 10/3/2014Starting with a warm and professional greeting, to caring and attentive wait service by Cali, the night was perfect. Never felt rushed, and the food was delicious. My date had Bronzini which was delectable, and I had the perfect pork loin. My salad was light on the seasoning, which was the way I enjoy it, and the oysters were just the way my date liked them. Perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVELYjam3Dined on 10/3/2014I't was a beautiful day.........so we sat out side.I could have been any where on this planet.Looking at the boats going by only added to the already lovely setting. The food was very good as was the service.Special Features:
- food was less than mediocresjburmeDined on 10/2/2014The cheese board was very boring and not that good. The fact that my husband, a cheese connoisseur, did not finish it says everything. The fried gnocci tasted like dry air. The pork cheek was superb.
- heykiddVIPDined on 10/1/2014The food & the view was great - will go there againSpecial Features:
- HarvestKsddsDined on 9/29/2014Great food and dining atmosphere. A dining experience. Kind clean and courteous service .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bucolic and BeautifulLov2eatwellVIPDined on 9/29/2014What a gem. The restaurant sits right on the Hudson River. The view of the palisades is breathtaking. We sat outside and I felt like I was in my own private garden. The food was wonderful and everyone was friendly. A wonderful experience and I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view.. No quality food..UpscaleVIPDined on 9/28/2014Harvest is extremely overpriced. The food quality is subpar. The views are amazing however.Special Features:
- DobbsFerryNYDined on 9/27/2014Beautiful decor, excellent food, timely service, can't be beat!Special Features:
- Unorganzied staffunorganziedDined on 9/27/2014Our reservation was for 5:45. The website said to arrive about 45 minutes early to get first come first served outdoor seating. When we arrived the receptionist informed us that we were early and that we had to wait outside. We asked if the bar was open and she said no not until 5:45. As we left the building we noticed people standing at the bar. We went in and the bar said yes they were open. She misinformed us. Also when it was almost 5:45 we went back to the reception area and had to wait in a long line once again. We were taken to our table to find out there was no table set up and we were then put in an area not close to looking over the water which is why we got there early.Special Features:
- Just a great placeVeggieDined on 9/26/2014I previously had lunch here when the vegetable garden was lush and enjoyed that. Returned for dinner and was a little disappointed that the garden was not as lovely...that feeling quickly passed when I watched a spectacular sunset over the river! Service in s great and the food lovely. I hope for more vegetarian offerings soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambiance ShatteredABG1Dined on 9/26/2014The outside views and food were very good. The frequent clattering of fully laden bussing carts passing by would seem to be an easy fix by relocating the carts closer to the entrance to the kitchen or by providing a barrier between dining and bussingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointedHappy2returnVIPDined on 9/25/2014We were here for a birthday dinner and all ordered different entrees and were very pleased. The service was great as well! My cousin raved about her lamb dish! She loved it. I can't wait to have the beet salad again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovechocolateVIPDined on 9/23/2014Can't say it enough: the setting is so breathtaking!!!!love the garden, the water view, the bar area with wood burning outdoor fire pits!! The food is ok, the time I did not like the arugula salad dressing, but the meat us always tasty; fish good too; fries were overdone. Orka saved the night: I said they used to have this walnut chocolate desert and she managed to bring one out although it's no longer on the menu.. Thank you, so sweet of her! Love her, very personable all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible, Incredible, Incredible.CampbellVIPDined on 9/20/2014Celebrated Birthday dinner with 12 people which is usually a nightmare at most restaurants....and this was incredible! They know how to accommodate large parties with great service and incredible food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lousy/overpriced foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014The restaurant was hosting two weddings and a sweet sixteen birthday celebration. Receptionists were clueless, told us that the bar was not available until 5:45pm, we arrived at 5:05 for a 5:45 seating ,yet were served when I approached the bar. Food quality is sub par, poorly prepared. Shame on ownership and management.Special Features:
- LovechocolateVIPDined on 9/18/2014Want to go to Italy and can't? Go here! You ll forget that you're in New York. The setting is beautiful and breathtaking. Love the garden! Service got much better, new faces. The girl who greets you had a smile on her face, first time, it's about time! Love the farm to table concept, grass fed meats, homemade pastas, never tried the pizza but it looks good. A whole branzino is usually a must to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experiencemonaco321Dined on 9/17/2014The staff was excellent and the food was very tasty. The ambiance was very romantic and scenic. The staff asked if my wife and I were there for a special occasions. When we said we were, the went above and beyond to make our evening a memorable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful outdoor optionKPMMALDined on 9/17/2014Early evening sunset dinner was excellent. Beautiful location, good wine and good food. Always enjoy visiting Harvest.Special Features:
- very happyhappycamperDined on 9/15/2014I loved this restaurant the view is beautiful. The staff is worth a million bucks very god team work. We had a very good time the food was ok. My husband had the special halibut fish and it was dry. I had the special lamb it was ok. My daughter had the steak and she said it was a bit dry as well. But loved the mashed potatoes. My little one had a burger and fries and her meat was extra dry and she did not really eat it. Drinks were good I had a mojito. The desert was yummy. Over all we had a good timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SusanVIPDined on 9/13/2014Food was very disappointing, especially at this price point. Won't return.Special Features:
- Harvest has fine food, serviceMJGHVIPDined on 9/13/2014We dined at Harvest on Hudson to celebrate our wedding anniversary and were very pleased with the food, wine, and service. We liked the bottle of dry red Italian wine that my husband ordered. The beet salad had two types of beets, some greens and dollops of yogurt or yogurt-like cheese. The tomato/basil/mozzarella pizza appetizer was hot and flavorful, with crispy, thin crust. We enjoyed very much the halibut entree special and the Roman pasta. Coffee was hot and strong, as we like it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- magical birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014We took my boyfriend here for his birthday. We were a group of 6 and sat outside. The view was absolutely beautiful and the ambiance of the patio is magical. The food was to die for. Every dish was well thought out and complex. You can't go wrong with anything you order here. The only complaint I had was that our waitress was pretty inattentive and, when she finally do come over to get us more drinks she seemed impatient. Another waiter actually ended up taking over for her mid meal because she never came back to check on us. I am chalking that up to an isolated incident and will definitely be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overrated. Mediocre food.greygeekVIPDined on 9/12/2014Disappointing. Beautiful night but the fool failedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LisaDined on 9/11/2014The food is always delicious. I went there on a Thursday night 630 reservations and although the waiter was nice and cordial he was a little scarce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.