Harvest on Hudson
1 River Street
Hastings on Hudson, NY 10706Neighborhood:
Hastings on Hudson
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
Harvest on Hudson
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.harvest2000.com/
- Phone: 9144782800
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:45am - 2:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Vincent Barcelona
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Harvest on Hudson
Harvest On Hudson is located in the village of Hastings On Hudson – right on the Hudson River in Westchester, NY. The flagship restaurant of the Fort Pond Bay Company, Harvest On Hudson offers patio dining, an outside bar, an organic vegetable and herb garden, stone fireplace, a classy bar and lounge, view of the sunset over the Palisades, and more. Executive Chef Vincent Barcelona creates authentic gourmet Italian cuisine, inspired by our fully-functional garden and local produce. Harvest On Hudson can also accommodate your dining experience for any private event.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Harvest on Hudson - Best Restaurants in Hastings on Hudson ›
Harvest on Hudson reviews from OpenTable diners
332 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (280)great for outdoor dining (259)special occasion (188)romantic (158)fit for foodies (116)good for groups (110)great for lunch (89)great for brunch (63)neighborhood gem (62)notable wine list (42)kid-friendly (33)hot spot (28)vibrant bar scene (24)late-night find (18)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014A great restaurant for a special occasion or for making your meal a special occasion. You feel like you are dining in a perferct spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very cool but noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014It was a late last minute plan for a 12th annivesary dinner. very nice out door sittings, but we were put next to a very noisy table. don't know why as the place was almost empty. rhese people were very loud . we wanted a quite celebration but what we got was a loud and noisy party, at a strangers back yard(it seemed). staff was very nice, service was good enough. Open Table did a gread Job letting them know that it was a celebration and they did decorate our desert plate with the "Happy 12th anniversary" around it. Very nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food has changedTeacher22Dined on 8/30/2014I have been going to the harvest for at least 14 years and the last two visits have been very disappointing.the menu has changed and there is no longer food that tastes so good that you want to go back. This past visit I ordered the vegetable risotto with burrata and it was not cooked properly and tasteless, the sirloin steak was served cold and again not flavorful. The potato side with truffles was hard and cold as well. The service was good but is has been much better in the past. Although this has been one of our favorite restaurants I can see that things have changed and for the cost of eating there I would not go back.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Fabulous meal with a spectacular view of the Palisades! Pasta dishes were excellent as were desserts. Our party of six tried an assortment of dishes and no one was disappointed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/29/2014I have to report that my experience was just okay. I was not impressed with neither the appetizers or entrées. Overall the staff were attentive but the waiter didn't seem to be knowledgeable of the menu items. She simply recommended what she liked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is lackingsurgeonboiVIPDined on 8/29/2014This restaurant always seems to have an issue (when I've eaten there ) with timing between courses. First course was brought out within a reasonable time but it seemed like hours to get the entrees and even longer to get the hard as a rock, tasteless tartufo . Food has improved is passable. This restaurant lives on its idyllic setting on the Hudson ! Ignore the stars above ..... review webpage wasn't working properlySpecial Features:
- Always charmingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/29/2014A wonderful afternoon for two New Yorkers. A great getaway from the hustle and bustle.Special Features:
- Another lovely dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/28/2014Dining outdoors or in, this restaurant is always a treat. A great setting to linger over food and conversation with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedKathleen55Dined on 8/28/2014We returned here after two years to find the same beautiful setting but less than satisfactory food and service. The waiters were trying but seemed to be overworked and disorganized. The music was loud as well.Special Features:
- Disappointed!cmm815Dined on 8/28/2014Disappointed with food and service. Waited 90 minutes for our meal. Halibut special was awful It was overcooked, cold, and not seasoned at all. It was completely inedible. Never returned food to the kitchen in my life (bc I am so not "that person) but simply had to this time. My friend shared her dinner which was ok. Nothing special about the filet mignon. We did get free dessert which was tasty. Definitely not worth the money or the starvation. There are much better restaurants in that area.Special Features:
- livefouryrlvDined on 8/28/2014We have been to restaurants all over New York, LA, Europe etc. This is our # 1 favorite!...and it's only a short drive from us. It's a definite "New York State of Mind" on the Hudson River Line!Special Features:
- beautiful outdoor dining!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/27/2014What a special place and what a beautiful view! Food is good, waitresses were very kind. We celebrated two birthdays and they made is feel very special! Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outside seating was beautifulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014It was a warm beautiful night and wonderful to eat outdoors. The food (we all had fish) was great. Our wait service was friendly and patient and let us stay and talk as long as we wanted.Special Features:
- Well oiled machineOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/27/2014The view and the patio seating are without rival. Beautiful Hudson River setting and if the weather is perfect, there's nothing better. The food was good, the drinks were good, the service was very good. The staff are well practiced in pacing the meal and while we didn't feel like we could linger all night, nothing felt rushed either. The only downside was that the service bar took forever to kick out drinks and we had food on the table before the cocktails arrived.Special Features:
- AwfulMSfoodDined on 8/24/2014Waitress dropped drink on me ...this can happen...accident . however no responsiveness to event...too casual Then 1 hour wait between appetizer and entree Waitress was missing in action Food served cold Another long wait for dessert asked for it twice Service was horrificSpecial Features:
- ra01Dined on 8/23/2014It is a great place indoor or outdoor. Food, presentation and service are what to expect in a nice restaurant but we were disappointed that night three out of five dishes are not available and at the end my favored desert also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food and waitstaff amateurishcavuDined on 8/23/2014It is large without being overwhelming, beautifully designed gardens and great views of the river. menu intriguing and decent wine list. the waitstaff is very amateurish. and alas, the food does not live up to all the expectations. the linguini in clam sauce was stuck together, half the clams were closed, and portion too small. the pork cheeks, while a generous portion, were smothered in mashed potatoes. if only….Special Features:
- rigatoni with lamb sausageOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014exceptional meal THe place is great, locals are lucky so they have an exceptional place to eat. We live too far to really go often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All about the viewdiningoutVIPDined on 8/22/2014We've been coming to Harvest on Hudson for years and seen it go through ups and downs. Based on our recent dinner there, I'd say it was in a bit of a slump. The setting is still unbeatable. But the food is average at best. Nothing was memorable. Nothing was awful, but there is so much room for improvement. The goat cheese salad came with an unappealing hunk of cheese and nuts that were un toasted and unseasoned. The dressing was oily. The thin pizza with figs and goat cheese had little flavor and the crust wasn't crisp enough. The salmon was just OK, but the few pieces of cucumber and tomato that came with it did nothing to enhance it. The service was helpful, but even the view could not make up for the food.Special Features:
- Great Food, Small PortionsConstableGalVIPDined on 8/22/2014Lovely meal this past week (in August) with a colleague and friend. We sat outside, and there was no wait as the restaurant wasn't busy. There is a nice menu, and I decided to have the Roman spaghetti, which is essentially spaghetti with oil and cracked pepper and parmesan cheese. When the dish was brought to the table, I asked if a mistake had been made as the portion was tiny, but was told that was the regular size portion. It was great but hardly filling.Special Features:
- Food was disappointing.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014There were five of us. Three ordered the Gazpacho. None of them thought it was particularly good. The Octopus salami was excellent. That was the best item of all of the food we had. The strip steak was very tough and was sent back. The fillet was much better. The rigatoni was pretty good. Two people ordered the dorado. One liked it the other not so much. The fifth person had the chicken which was good. Overall we expected better. Not worth the price. The service was very good and the setting was great. We ate outside. It is a lovely spot and a beautiful restaurant but the food did not match the service and setting. One of our group told me after that he had been there a few times and has always been disappointed with the food.
- IncredibleRemmiDined on 8/20/2014Inventive, delicious. Sit in a European style dining room or outside in a garden or next to the Hudson... You'll be impressed by the atmosphere, service and food. Creative and wonderful.Special Features:
- Always good!Kbg351VIPDined on 8/20/2014We had a tasty meal. All were satisfied and pleased with their choices. We passed on dessert which was hard to do as they sounded yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There's always a first time.....Sandy2757Dined on 8/20/2014The experience of dining on the water with always good food was definitely marred by an inexperienced incompetent waiter!Special Features:
- IrisluvsHarvestDined on 8/19/2014Really good food in wonderful location on the river overlooking the Palisades.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014Lots of referrals to this restaurant so we were looking forward to a special evening. Too bad that the only positive thing to take away from the day was the scenery. Service and food were lacking.Special Features:
- Beautiful settingbjmtrioDined on 8/16/2014Harvest on Hudson is in an excellent location -- on the Hudson River -- at Hastings, NY., in a beautiful building surrounded by huge sunflowers. The restaurant is stunning. On a summer evening, candlelit tables are nestled outdoors under umbrellas with lighted paths among herb and vegetable plants used in the meal preparation of a lovingly Italian menu. It's a perfect place for a special occasion of any kind. Buon appetito! bjmtrio NYCSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food doesn't match the ambiancechefdinesoutDined on 8/16/2014This is the 2nd time I have dined at Harvest on Hudson, and my overall impressions are the same. It is a lovely restaurant with an absolutely beautiful view of the river. The gardens and outdoor seating area (where I dined on this last visit) are stunning. The service, while not excellent, was friendly and capable. However, the food, as in my last visit, just didn't measure up to the ambiance. My date had (Brodetto dell’ Adriatico) a version of an Italian fish stew; shrimp were overcooked and it was filled with more mussels than anything else. I had salmon which was overcooked. The Tiramisu was very good. So, overall - a wonderful place to dine in the summer season but don't expect much from the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely ambience-great service-foodEdskyDined on 8/15/2014The entire staff was friendly and knowledgeable. The food was well prepared and tasty. Great view, quiet. Matches any classy Manhattan restaurant!Special Features:
- Delish!!HappyCamperDined on 8/15/2014The view is yummy, love being able to see the ships and sailboats from your table. And the food is delicious, really well thought out menu using local ingredients and the wine list has a lot of variety. And the ambiance is yummy, tables not too close and you have a river view from every table. Also, love the "kitchen" garden that you can roam through before or after your meal. Go, you'll love it. And Nick, our waiter, knew the menu and the wine list and could not have been nicer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014This is a real nice place to eat. Very spacious and the views of the Hudson River are relaxing. Very good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RitaDined on 8/13/2014I've been going to Harvest for years, constantly reinventing the menu. Gets better and betterSpecial Features:
- ESCAPE FROM THE CITYESCAPEDined on 8/11/2014WHAT COULD BE MORE EXCITING THEN HAVING A PEACEFULL LUNCH ON THE HUDSON OVERLOOKING THE GWB AND THE NEW JERSEY PALISADES. JUST A SHORT DRIVE FROM NEW YORKSpecial Features:
- Always great!Jules242Dined on 8/10/2014Great food, great service and a wonderful view. You can't go wrong!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Place w. Great ViewsRonGDined on 8/9/2014Beautiful ambience inside and out. Great service, really good food.Special Features:
- It was okay but..foodiegalyDined on 8/9/2014It was good, but I was there with a group. I had requested separate checks prior, and they best they could come up with was two checks. Not sure I will be back. It not like we ordered apps, or anything crazy. They could have accommodated us, other places have. Food was ok, service was average, scene was amazing.Special Features:
- Spectacular Setting/Service. Saltygin2goDined on 8/9/2014Harvest-on-Hudson is a gem, a beautiful restaurant in a beautiful setting, The service is excellent and receptionists and wait staff are friendly, warm, and helpful. We have been here many times with friends and family, and always been delighted with everything we ordered from appetizers to dessert. However this time, with relatives from out-of-town, we were disappointed with some of the food, especially vegetable side dishes which were too salty to eat. Our guests quietly left most of their food untouched, disappointed but not wanting to embarrass us by complaining or making a fuss in such a beautiful place. Fortunately the rest of the evening was terrific and our guests were very gracious about their disappointing dinner selections.Special Features:
- Charming & Romantic SettingMickeyDined on 8/8/2014Brunch on Friday was the first time my wife and I have dined at Harvest on the Hudson. We were aware of it, and recently read a review of the restaurant in the NY Times. It more than lived up to our expectations. We were seated at an outdoor table with a perfect view of the river and the Palisades. That set the tone for a delightful, leisurely brunch of superb food and cocktails. Most notable was the cod, prepared in a delicious sauce. My sausage pasta was equally enjoyable, as was the refreshing summer salads (endive and arugula) my wife and I ordered to begin with. Service was excellent. The staff was attentive without hovering over us. After brunch we strolled through the garden and lounged by the river before returning home.Special Features:
- BobbieDined on 8/7/2014I was a bit disappointed by the (lack of) view. I expected more, I guess. But the food was good...not fantastic...but good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perennial FavoriteBadgerGirlDined on 8/6/2014Nothing is better than dining outside at the Harvest on Hudson-- great food, great wine, glorious views and stunning sunflowers.Special Features: