Harvest - Louisville
624 E Market Street
Louisville, KY 40202Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Harvest - Louisville
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.harvestlouisville.com/
- Phone: (502) 384-9090
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Tuesday-Friday 11-2:30, Saturday 11-2:30, Sunday 10-2:30
Dinner Tuesday-Thursday 5-10 Friday and Saturday 5-11
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Coby Ming
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Harvest - Louisville
harvest...a locally grown restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Harvest - Louisville - Best Restaurants in Downtown Louisville ›
Harvest - Louisville reviews from OpenTable diners
165 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (131)neighborhood gem (90)good for groups (64)special occasion (53)hot spot (41)great for brunch (40)great for lunch (37)romantic (29)notable wine list (26)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Wonderful experience, but it's a busy placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014We had a great start to the evening, probably because we had eary resesrvations (attended prior to a show). The wine we chose was on special that night but we didn't know it at first. The food was exceptional and so was the service until they got very busy. There was a long gap between appetizers and the main course, but the server was sympathetic. All in all, we were very pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting menu...justmeDined on 11/15/2014Harvest was a nice change from cookie cutter restaurant menus. Most food is locally grown. Combinations were tasty and interesting. One of the owners was circulating the room and explaining origin of restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/13/2014I took a colleague from another country here to impress her with our local restaurants. We had a quiet place to talk and that was the best thing about this place. The menu did not have much that wasn't fried, pork, chicken livers, etc--hence not very healthy. The server wasn't quite sure if the chicken was free range. We ordered salads and were brought our main courses when only halfway through our salads. We were asked to pay right after we finished our meal, which was awkward and embarrassing. I would not recommend taking anyone there whom one wants to impress.
- Alright.oldandnewDined on 11/8/2014I had been to Harvest once before for lunch, and was happy with my food and experience. This second time was for dinner with another couple. I was disappointed. The service was very slow. Our table would have had at least 4 more beverages, not including water, if we could have had service. My dinner was ok, very underwhelming for what you pay. We had the beer cheese appetizer, which was good. All in all, it was just alright.Special Features:
- Wonderful!NewyorkerDined on 11/8/2014Food here is amazing, staff great. Really pretty spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NewspotsDined on 11/8/2014Not many choices, but what we ordered was great. Service was very slow, had to flag down a busboy and ask for our serverSpecial Features:
- FantasticpmsmpsDined on 11/7/2014I read all of the positive reviews, but the food, drink and service was even better and impeccable. The bourbon offerings were second to none. My wife enjoyed everything about Harvest. Parking was a little challenging, but worth the short walk. If you like food straight from the farm to the table, then Harvest is your place. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Great experienceNashvilleWineCoupleDined on 11/7/2014What a great restaurant experience. Food, service, atmosphere were just fantastic. If the breadboard is the cheddar/onion scones -- get them. I may steal them from you, but they are sublime. The food was cooked perfectly and the sauces were complimentary and not heavy. Even the milk gravy with the fried chicken -- just delicious and it included a mixture of herbs and spices that make it unique.Special Features:
- Outstanding!NewyorkerDined on 11/7/2014Wonderful food ! Don't miss the scones & burgaloo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SplendidOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/6/2014My girlfriend and I thoroughly enjoyed our celebration experience here. In terms of appetizers, the beer cheese was delicious. For our entrees, we both ordered the steak prepared medium-rare. It was presented at perfect temperature and the taste was divine. She tried the well-balanced cocktail named "Keeping Up With the Joneses'." My Manhattan and Negroni were both excellent. The service was prompt, friendly, and informed. In sum, I will definitely be dining here again.Special Features:
- HORRIBLE service, good foodTristan0917VIPDined on 11/2/2014Good food does NOT trump bad service! One goes to eat to seek out great food. Harvest certainly has good food, but the service we had at our last visit was so bad that we will never return. Waitress had no excuse, or anyone else for that matter, for ignoring us. We were right at the kitchen door.
- UmamiSeaSueBDined on 11/1/2014I had the pesto gnocchi, and it was the perfect combination of flavors. The mushroom au jus was fantastic. I love that I can get local, organic fare here. We sat at the bar and had a very attentive bartender. He let us try a new drink. The unusual drinks go well with the food.Special Features:
- First time hereGlenaceDined on 10/31/2014Every dish (from liver appetizer to beet slaw to burger) was rich in flavor! We are so glad we discovered this restaurant. Made reservation, but chose to sit at the bar. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- First timeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2014The chicken livers melted in my mouth and the autumn squash salad was delicious. The potato salad was OK. I expected to taste the Dijon but did not.Special Features:
- Easily one of/the best food in LouOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Food is always amazing! Ambiance is awesome! This is what food is about-celebrating the harvest that farmers dedicate their lives to nurturing so that we can so effortlessly enjoy! This is our favorite place to bring friends & family-we have never had a bad meal. The only flaw to our meal was the server correcting me on my pronunciation of willamette. (I always mess it up...but I know it had amazing pinots...). Oh well, definitely will not keep us from going back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent MealHD502BADined on 10/25/2014Everything we ordered was spot on; the cheese board (the bleu cheese/apple butter combo is awesome), the hummus, the fall veggie salad, the pork chop (super tender and juicy with tons of flavor....possibly one of the freshest tasting pieces of meat I've had), the pumpkin chocolate chip bread pudding (comes out piping hot, sweet and moist, YUM!). Our service was good, and the atmosphere was great. We will definitely return. The prices are a little steep on some items, but considering the high quality, locally sourced ingredients you are guaranteed, its worth the splurge every once in a while. Hands down one of the better restaurants in Louisville.Special Features:
- Regional fun foodJunobeachVIPDined on 10/21/2014It is nice to have regional food cooked in a contemporary style. Strong farm to table philosophy makes Harvest a special restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding - YUMMYYummyVIPDined on 10/18/2014Our group had an outstanding time at The Harvest. Food was unique, flavorful, beautifully presented and tasted absolutely delicious. Such a gem - one that we will be back to often!Special Features:
- A special placemoejoepikeDined on 10/18/2014My wife and I went to Harvest to celebrate our 2nd anniversary and the staff went out of their way to make us feel special. Everyone from the hostess to the manager congratulated us. The food was incredible and the manager bought our dessert. What a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!LouGalDined on 10/18/2014As always, Harvest never fails to please! This was my first dinner experience (I'm usually there for brunch) and I took out-of-town guests. It lived up to expectations for myself and for them!Special Features:
- Delicious-Great NeighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014Fun restaurant. The vibe is relaxed. We went for brunch and the bloody Mary's were house made and fantastic. Chorizo gravy was great and croissants are authentic. Wish they had jelly, salted butter or jam :)Special Features:
- great foodlouisvilledinerDined on 10/17/2014the food was great as always the greens were outstanding everything was very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not SpeciaDebbhibbDined on 10/14/2014The evening was successful but not necessarily memorable...the menu was creative but a bit limited. We first shared the bread plate which consisted of sweet and savory scones with a speciality bitter...scones were bacon, cheese, and cherry which was unique. I enjoyed the fried chicken...my friend loved her chicken liver app and hated her collard greens...which is a dish she usually enjoys. The server told her that people usually love them or hate them. The server was knowledgeable about the menu but disappeared after our items appeared. I'll go back...but not in a hurry.Special Features:
- Great fried chickenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014The drink was alright... kind of water down with ice. The fried chicken was so good and the bread pudding was the best thing I have ever had.Special Features:
- Referred by a friendTurtleladyDined on 10/7/2014My husband and I were referred by a friend and we were not disappointed! It was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014It was great to dine on locally grown food. It tasted like real food!!Special Features:
- NateDined on 10/4/2014Tasty food and love the commitment to use local foods. Enjoyed our experience.Special Features:
- First date? Go to Harvest!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014It's the perfect first date atmosphere. Plenty to talk about within the restaurant. All Louisville all day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IchMaryamDined on 10/3/2014Food bad and dry. One veggie option only. If you love meat and if you love pork and carbs this is the place for you. Very unhealthy options.Special Features:
- Choice farm freshLuluDined on 10/1/2014Well-chosen mix of flavours, colors and textures from local farms. Lively scene clearly attracts regulars and tourists. Seasonal food choices are well-prepared and presented without being precious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Harvest in LouisvillegoodchoiceDined on 9/28/2014Experienced server, good sense of humor, talked to the chef in response to our questions, knew wine list. Food a symphony of marvelous flavors. Amazing what fresh local grown ingredients can mean to a great recipe. Portions were perfect. We both had a huevos rancheros type dish, black bean stew, fried egg, home made salsa, tomatillos, and tortilla strips. The salsa was a kind of sweet hot, made with all fresh local peppers. Man, it was good! I am a busy professional that never takes time to fill out a survey, but I couldn't resist recommending the Harvest. We have only been to Harvest once (so I don't know if they are consistent), but we will go back the next time in Louisville. Enjoy!Special Features:
- East Nashville TastyTennessee414Dined on 9/28/2014As a resident of Nashville with access to the fabulous fun restaurants in East Nashville, I am rather picky about my brunches and lunches. Harvest hits the spot. From the sweet potato biscuits with ham and apple butter to the grits and stew, my brunch was wonderful. A friend had the French toast, which got sampled all around and was equally wonderful. Our service was friendly, prompt and personable. We made reservations, which I would recommend. This is a must for Sunday brunch.Special Features:
- Excellent experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The food was served with a beautiful plating and presentation, cooked perfectly. The drink selection was greatly varied and the beer was served in the appropriate glasses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummy.... but noisylala502Dined on 9/26/2014Food and service make me want to go back to harvest but I'm finally fed up with dining at restaurants where I'm unable to converse comfortably with my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our special dinner night go toopentablesDined on 9/26/2014Harvest has become our go to anniversary/ dinner night spot. We always have a great experience with a very welcoming staff and good specials. Their wine and beer list features many local options and the menu has pros for Vegetarians and other special diets. Highly recommend Harvest!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!Dollymama58Dined on 9/26/2014This is a farm to table resturant. We started out with the bread platter,which were mini bacon and cheddar scones. Yum! We each had a different salad, which were all savory, for the main dishes we had a mouth watering pork chop, a spinach and swisschard cannoli and a pesto gnocchi. I would highly recommend this resturant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie heavenYummersDined on 9/24/2014I found this restaurant as an out of towner looking for delicious local food. The hotel staff weren't sure where to start and did little research to find harvest. I'm from the Pacific Northwest where the 100 mile diet is a way of life. The food was simple, inventive and absolutely delicious. I had a salad, a delicious soup and a pumpkin cheesecake for dessert. They were each absolutely exquisite. My waitress was salt of the earth, super friendly and very knowledgeable about the food and how it was prepared. It was definitely worth the cab fare I paid to and from the Hilton Garden hotel!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantAlexKDined on 9/23/2014We sat near the back of the establishment and on the wall next to us was a map of the Louisville Metro area plus surrounding counties that had numerous pins all over it. I believe the map showed where Harvest sources its different foods... super cool. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Great food & staffHarvestdinersDined on 9/21/2014Great food & staff. The only negative was we were seated by an A/C vent that made our seating location super cold. The staff let us switch to a table out of the direct path of the cold air.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous farm to tableDonnaDined on 9/20/2014Harvest was a wonderful find while visiting Louisville! Very energetic, excellent preparation and presentation of food, super service. All food comes from a 100 mile radius, met one of the owners who visited our table to check that all was good. They also have a farm. Food was amazing, ambiance charming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.