Harvest - Louisville
624 E Market Street
Louisville, KY 40202Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Harvest - Louisville
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.harvestlouisville.com/
- Phone: 5023849090
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Tuesday-Friday 11-2:30, Saturday 11-2:30, Sunday 10-2:30
Dinner Tuesday-Thursday 5-10 Friday and Saturday 5-11
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Coby Ming
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Harvest - Louisville
harvest...a locally grown restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Harvest - Louisville - Best Restaurants in Downtown Louisville ›
Harvest - Louisville reviews from OpenTable diners
179 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (144)neighborhood gem (101)good for groups (66)special occasion (66)great for brunch (45)great for lunch (43)hot spot (39)romantic (37)notable wine list (32)kid-friendly (11)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (8)great for outdoor dining (5)scenic view (2)Show More
- East Nashville TastyTennessee414Dined on 9/28/2014As a resident of Nashville with access to the fabulous fun restaurants in East Nashville, I am rather picky about my brunches and lunches. Harvest hits the spot. From the sweet potato biscuits with ham and apple butter to the grits and stew, my brunch was wonderful. A friend had the French toast, which got sampled all around and was equally wonderful. Our service was friendly, prompt and personable. We made reservations, which I would recommend. This is a must for Sunday brunch.Special Features:
- Excellent experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The food was served with a beautiful plating and presentation, cooked perfectly. The drink selection was greatly varied and the beer was served in the appropriate glasses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummy.... but noisylala502Dined on 9/26/2014Food and service make me want to go back to harvest but I'm finally fed up with dining at restaurants where I'm unable to converse comfortably with my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our special dinner night go toopentablesDined on 9/26/2014Harvest has become our go to anniversary/ dinner night spot. We always have a great experience with a very welcoming staff and good specials. Their wine and beer list features many local options and the menu has pros for Vegetarians and other special diets. Highly recommend Harvest!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!Dollymama58Dined on 9/26/2014This is a farm to table resturant. We started out with the bread platter,which were mini bacon and cheddar scones. Yum! We each had a different salad, which were all savory, for the main dishes we had a mouth watering pork chop, a spinach and swisschard cannoli and a pesto gnocchi. I would highly recommend this resturant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie heavenYummersDined on 9/24/2014I found this restaurant as an out of towner looking for delicious local food. The hotel staff weren't sure where to start and did little research to find harvest. I'm from the Pacific Northwest where the 100 mile diet is a way of life. The food was simple, inventive and absolutely delicious. I had a salad, a delicious soup and a pumpkin cheesecake for dessert. They were each absolutely exquisite. My waitress was salt of the earth, super friendly and very knowledgeable about the food and how it was prepared. It was definitely worth the cab fare I paid to and from the Hilton Garden hotel!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantAlexKDined on 9/23/2014We sat near the back of the establishment and on the wall next to us was a map of the Louisville Metro area plus surrounding counties that had numerous pins all over it. I believe the map showed where Harvest sources its different foods... super cool. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Great food & staffHarvestdinersDined on 9/21/2014Great food & staff. The only negative was we were seated by an A/C vent that made our seating location super cold. The staff let us switch to a table out of the direct path of the cold air.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous farm to tableDonnaDined on 9/20/2014Harvest was a wonderful find while visiting Louisville! Very energetic, excellent preparation and presentation of food, super service. All food comes from a 100 mile radius, met one of the owners who visited our table to check that all was good. They also have a farm. Food was amazing, ambiance charming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just excellentBerlywVIPDined on 9/19/2014One of the consistently best in town. Great wine selection and knowledgable staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in town.Nlb3Dined on 9/19/2014Excellent service. Excellent drinks. Excellent food. Every time we eat here its a hit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/18/2014Always great food and always great friendly service! Staff is knowledge of menu.Special Features:
- Delicious Dinner with a TwistKathyTVIPDined on 9/18/2014We were in Louisville for a convention. Having read about Harvest prior to our trip, we made dinner reservations before we even got to town. We were glad we did. Our guests selected the BBQ platter and the special Pho. I had the Smoked Brined Pork Chop and the Burgoo. Both were exceptional and perfectly done. My husband had the Special Steak and the Roasted Tomato Soup and felt they were equally delicious. We shared the Flourles Chocolate Torte for dessert. It was divine, but we were very full by then! We especially liked the owner-farmer who came to the table several times and discussed the restaurant, his roles, and our choices for dinner. The waitress, Robin, was very helpful and attentive.Special Features:
- SatisfiedKepalmerDined on 9/17/2014Business dinner. Food reported very good by all attendees, but limited options for vegetarians unfortunately. Noise level too high for my comfort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful brunch!ZepFanDined on 9/14/2014I had the omelet and that day it included beets. I wasn't sure how I'd like that, but it was outstanding. My husband had the sausage and biscuits -- also very good. My niece had the crokie and it was also very good. I'll definitely be back again (soon!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant in NuLuEyedocDined on 9/14/2014First of all, the decor is nice. It's rustic, but not overdone. It goes well with the farm to table concept. We went for Sunday brunch at 11am and they weren't busy at all, which was surprising. I had the brioche french toast. It was cooked perfectly with fresh blackberries, however for some reason they put dried blueberries on it too which was unnecessary. My husband had the Crokie sandwich, which is more like an open-faced sandwich so it requires a fork and knife, but he said it was delicious. The bacon was tasty, but a bit chewy and I prefer my bacon crispy. Excellent mimosas. They usually have another special beverage available at brunch. On this day, it was a watermelon, basil, and champagne drink. I didn't try it, but it sounds yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TheWolfsVIPDined on 9/13/2014We were in town for a brief overnight stay. This place was recommended to us by a local. We enjoyed the food--the apps were the stars of the meal and if we go back will get a sampler of multiple apps rather than entrees. The entrees were good--pork chop, bbq sampler, pasta dish. Our neighbor had the fried chicken and it looked good. I also wish the dessert menu were a little more extensive.Special Features:
- Chicken DuckMagnoliaDined on 9/13/2014The best thing I had was the roasted chicken in my meat trio. I swear it tasted as rich & oily as duck. We are from Nashville, TN & I wanna go back just for that!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Food!JenLouisvilleDined on 9/12/2014The food is always excellent but it can be somewhat noisy. There are good local veggies and meat. We wish they would add another vegetarian entree to the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014We took our House guest from England out to dinner and they were pleasantly surprised and loved the food and wine ,the whole experience was Great , WE WILL BE BACK Ron SeilkopSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting menuLaurfromLouDined on 9/11/2014Creative use of local ingredients. My food was delicious, only complaint is that the salads are too small portion-wise. If you are there for lunch, don't order just a salad or you will leave hungry! Also, some vegan options would be nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exactly what you expectibenomminVIPDined on 9/10/2014Harvest is another one of the charming little foodie gems that can be found in NuLu. What makes this restaurant different is it's dedication to serving beautiful dishes made of only local ingredients. As a vegetarian I didn't feel that the menu offered many options that didn't include meat, but that was made up for once I took a bite of the flourless chocolate tart with bourbon vanilla infused cream.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for VegetarianswheelboyDined on 9/9/2014Food was pretty good - overpriced, overrated. There were no vegetarian choices. Seemed odd from their name & philosophy.
- Excellent for LouisvilleOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/6/2014Local food from a 100 mile radius of Louisville. This is true gem of Louisville. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- DelightfulNicknameDined on 9/4/2014Took in-laws for dinner. Everyone enjoyed their dinner. It was a great place to eat and we could hear and enjoy each other's company. Also, good service.Special Features:
- Fresh vs PriceFreshDined on 9/4/2014The food tasted very fresh, but was pretty pricy! I really like the Farm to Table approach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014We were disappointed that there was not a fish entree on the menuSpecial Features:
- AwesomekingslookDined on 8/29/2014Great food and presentation. Salads were excellent. Entrees even better than expected. Desserts were good too. No complaints here. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findWillTryAnythingDined on 8/27/2014As visitors to Louisville for just one night, we wanted a cool place to be at with great food and an atmosphere that would accommodate a 9 month old at the table. The hotel staff recommended Harvest and it worked out great. They had a high chair and room for our son, and the noise level was loud enough so we didn't have to worry about every peep he made. We were advised that it's a farm to table restaurant and the food is locally grown which is always great. It was also nice to get some Southern food and BBQ without the heavy and fattening fried preparation. It was all very good and tasted very fresh.Special Features:
- simply amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014My fiance and i had been wanting to try this place for a while now and I'm so glad we did. We were greeted at the door and had arrived a little before our reservation so we went to the bar for a drink. When seated the guy behind the bar ended up being our server. That being said between helping behind the bar and serving the section we were in he did a great job! We started with the spinach hummus which I loved because it came with pickled vegetables. We shared the house salad with dill dressing. For our entrée he got the burger (which he loved) and jalapeño grits. While I got the gnocchi with a vegetable ragout. For dessert we had a peach and blueberry tart with homemade vanilla ice cream. Overall we loved our meal and the service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One ComplaintlindaDined on 8/23/2014It is very noisy and it is difficult to carry on a conversation.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice evening out...philsieDined on 8/20/2014We had a group of 6 that they easily accommodated, including 2 kids 9-11. Food was excellent (though the basil hummus could be replaced and never missed) and displayed very nicely. The restaurant was packed (on a wednesday) including a large noisy group. Nothing wrong with that but we had to shout to hear one another (which I'm sure just added to the noise level). And as happens with a full house the kitchen falls behind. Apps came fairly quickly but dinner was almost another hour and a couple meals were barely warm. Kid's choices limited (most kids eat more than chicken nuggets and cheese pizza! Try offering a kids version of one entree e.g. salmon). The food was excellent (tried most items) and we had a great time, plan to return.Special Features:
- Excellent foodMisterZeeVIPDined on 8/20/2014I had been wanting to go to Harvest for a while and was finally able to eat there this past week. The menu was very unique with many great choices. I had a salad and the BBQ trio plate. Very different preparations, delicious in every way. Happily surprised and will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Harvest really Tops the Food SceneGreenCandyDined on 8/19/2014For foodies, locavores and those seeking creative delicious freshly sourced and delightfully prepared foods - this is YOUR place. My lunch of salad with mixed greens, pea shoots and beets with a garnish of pickled radish and kohlrabi was fabulous, and the handmade artisanal pizza one of the best I've ever had ( and I've been in every state but AL, and 36 other countries). I only wish I could have returned for dinner that same day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PGATouristOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/9/2014Harvest was a great find. We had a very fun evening and the meal was among the best I have had.Special Features:
- Fantastic!!JDEatDined on 8/9/2014Harvest was our first choice for our second anniversary. Based on our past experience we had great expectations--and we were not at all disappointed. We shared the cheese board, to start, and it was the highlight of the meal--three lovely pairings, including; "tomato powder-chevre & green tomato chow chow, smoked pepperjack & fruit compote, barren co. blue & apple butter" Fantastic!! My fella had the barbecue board and all three meats were cooked to perfection with a yummy served with a "drunken pork hoecake, jalapeno-bacon grits, black bean salad, vinegar dip and bbq sauce". I had the fried chicken--moist and flavorful. And for desert....are you kidding me? Sorghum cookies with candied bacon vanilla filling---Sinful!!!! and AMAZING!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014My recent experience at The Harvest was disappointing..Food was way overpriced and portions small..The table we were seated at was for four diners not five..will not return
- Pretty disappointingpedariusDined on 8/8/2014Had a group dinner there recently and had a disappointing experience overall. The food was fine, but we had over an hour between the starters and main course, with minimal attention from our server during that span. When the food arrived, it tasted fine but was five degrees above room temperature at best. No explanation or apology was volunteered, but when we complained about the delay they did discount the bill somewhat. The food was interesting and creative but I wouldn't return there.
- Harvest Rocks!PleasedDined on 8/8/2014It was a dreary rainy day, and my friend, who was celebrating her 92nd birthday said, "Let's wait for a sunnier day." I convinced her that having lunch out would make the day sunny, and I was right. We were seated at a lovely spot by the front window and treated like royalty. Server Meghann was a delight. She is knowledgeable and professional. If she couldn't answer a question, she went to the chef. My omnivore friend has likes and dislikes, and I'm a vegan, but we both found great choices. The food was absolutely scrumptious, and we'll be back to celebrate my birthday!Special Features:
- Evening StarterJoelWillieDined on 8/6/2014Perfect place to get your evening started, whether it's just two or twelve. Small, but feels larger. Locally sourced food is really neat aspect. Great draft beer list. Definately returning.Special Features: