Harvest - Louisville
624 E Market Street
Louisville, KY 40202Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Harvest - Louisville
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.harvestlouisville.com/
- Phone: 5023849090
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Tuesday-Friday 11-2:30, Saturday 11-2:30, Sunday 10-2:30
Dinner Tuesday-Thursday 5-10 Friday and Saturday 5-11
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Coby Ming
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Harvest - Louisville
harvest...a locally grown restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Harvest - Louisville - Best Restaurants in Downtown Louisville ›
Harvest - Louisville reviews from OpenTable diners
172 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (134)neighborhood gem (89)special occasion (66)good for groups (61)great for brunch (40)great for lunch (40)hot spot (37)romantic (36)notable wine list (29)vibrant bar scene (10)kid-friendly (10)late-night find (8)great for outdoor dining (5)scenic view (1)Show More
- Wonderful brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014I had the omelet and that day it included beets. I wasn't sure how I'd like that, but it was outstanding. My husband had the sausage and biscuits -- also very good. My niece had the crokie and it was also very good. I'll definitely be back again (soon!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant in NuLuEyedocDined on 9/14/2014First of all, the decor is nice. It's rustic, but not overdone. It goes well with the farm to table concept. We went for Sunday brunch at 11am and they weren't busy at all, which was surprising. I had the brioche french toast. It was cooked perfectly with fresh blackberries, however for some reason they put dried blueberries on it too which was unnecessary. My husband had the Crokie sandwich, which is more like an open-faced sandwich so it requires a fork and knife, but he said it was delicious. The bacon was tasty, but a bit chewy and I prefer my bacon crispy. Excellent mimosas. They usually have another special beverage available at brunch. On this day, it was a watermelon, basil, and champagne drink. I didn't try it, but it sounds yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TheWolfsVIPDined on 9/13/2014We were in town for a brief overnight stay. This place was recommended to us by a local. We enjoyed the food--the apps were the stars of the meal and if we go back will get a sampler of multiple apps rather than entrees. The entrees were good--pork chop, bbq sampler, pasta dish. Our neighbor had the fried chicken and it looked good. I also wish the dessert menu were a little more extensive.Special Features:
- Chicken DuckMagnoliaDined on 9/13/2014The best thing I had was the roasted chicken in my meat trio. I swear it tasted as rich & oily as duck. We are from Nashville, TN & I wanna go back just for that!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Food!JenLouisvilleDined on 9/12/2014The food is always excellent but it can be somewhat noisy. There are good local veggies and meat. We wish they would add another vegetarian entree to the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014We took our House guest from England out to dinner and they were pleasantly surprised and loved the food and wine ,the whole experience was Great , WE WILL BE BACK Ron SeilkopSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting menuOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/11/2014Creative use of local ingredients. My food was delicious, only complaint is that the salads are too small portion-wise. If you are there for lunch, don't order just a salad or you will leave hungry! Also, some vegan options would be nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exactly what you expectibenomminVIPDined on 9/10/2014Harvest is another one of the charming little foodie gems that can be found in NuLu. What makes this restaurant different is it's dedication to serving beautiful dishes made of only local ingredients. As a vegetarian I didn't feel that the menu offered many options that didn't include meat, but that was made up for once I took a bite of the flourless chocolate tart with bourbon vanilla infused cream.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for VegetarianswheelboyDined on 9/9/2014Food was pretty good - overpriced, overrated. There were no vegetarian choices. Seemed odd from their name & philosophy.
- Excellent for LouisvilleOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/6/2014Local food from a 100 mile radius of Louisville. This is true gem of Louisville. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- DelightfulNicknameDined on 9/4/2014Took in-laws for dinner. Everyone enjoyed their dinner. It was a great place to eat and we could hear and enjoy each other's company. Also, good service.Special Features:
- Fresh vs PriceFreshDined on 9/4/2014The food tasted very fresh, but was pretty pricy! I really like the Farm to Table approach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014We were disappointed that there was not a fish entree on the menuSpecial Features:
- AwesomekingslookDined on 8/29/2014Great food and presentation. Salads were excellent. Entrees even better than expected. Desserts were good too. No complaints here. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findWillTryAnythingDined on 8/27/2014As visitors to Louisville for just one night, we wanted a cool place to be at with great food and an atmosphere that would accommodate a 9 month old at the table. The hotel staff recommended Harvest and it worked out great. They had a high chair and room for our son, and the noise level was loud enough so we didn't have to worry about every peep he made. We were advised that it's a farm to table restaurant and the food is locally grown which is always great. It was also nice to get some Southern food and BBQ without the heavy and fattening fried preparation. It was all very good and tasted very fresh.Special Features:
- simply amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014My fiance and i had been wanting to try this place for a while now and I'm so glad we did. We were greeted at the door and had arrived a little before our reservation so we went to the bar for a drink. When seated the guy behind the bar ended up being our server. That being said between helping behind the bar and serving the section we were in he did a great job! We started with the spinach hummus which I loved because it came with pickled vegetables. We shared the house salad with dill dressing. For our entrée he got the burger (which he loved) and jalapeño grits. While I got the gnocchi with a vegetable ragout. For dessert we had a peach and blueberry tart with homemade vanilla ice cream. Overall we loved our meal and the service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One ComplaintlindaDined on 8/23/2014It is very noisy and it is difficult to carry on a conversation.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice evening out...philsieDined on 8/20/2014We had a group of 6 that they easily accommodated, including 2 kids 9-11. Food was excellent (though the basil hummus could be replaced and never missed) and displayed very nicely. The restaurant was packed (on a wednesday) including a large noisy group. Nothing wrong with that but we had to shout to hear one another (which I'm sure just added to the noise level). And as happens with a full house the kitchen falls behind. Apps came fairly quickly but dinner was almost another hour and a couple meals were barely warm. Kid's choices limited (most kids eat more than chicken nuggets and cheese pizza! Try offering a kids version of one entree e.g. salmon). The food was excellent (tried most items) and we had a great time, plan to return.Special Features:
- Excellent foodMisterZeeVIPDined on 8/20/2014I had been wanting to go to Harvest for a while and was finally able to eat there this past week. The menu was very unique with many great choices. I had a salad and the BBQ trio plate. Very different preparations, delicious in every way. Happily surprised and will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Harvest really Tops the Food SceneGreenCandyDined on 8/19/2014For foodies, locavores and those seeking creative delicious freshly sourced and delightfully prepared foods - this is YOUR place. My lunch of salad with mixed greens, pea shoots and beets with a garnish of pickled radish and kohlrabi was fabulous, and the handmade artisanal pizza one of the best I've ever had ( and I've been in every state but AL, and 36 other countries). I only wish I could have returned for dinner that same day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PGATouristOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/9/2014Harvest was a great find. We had a very fun evening and the meal was among the best I have had.Special Features:
- Fantastic!!JDEatDined on 8/9/2014Harvest was our first choice for our second anniversary. Based on our past experience we had great expectations--and we were not at all disappointed. We shared the cheese board, to start, and it was the highlight of the meal--three lovely pairings, including; "tomato powder-chevre & green tomato chow chow, smoked pepperjack & fruit compote, barren co. blue & apple butter" Fantastic!! My fella had the barbecue board and all three meats were cooked to perfection with a yummy served with a "drunken pork hoecake, jalapeno-bacon grits, black bean salad, vinegar dip and bbq sauce". I had the fried chicken--moist and flavorful. And for desert....are you kidding me? Sorghum cookies with candied bacon vanilla filling---Sinful!!!! and AMAZING!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014My recent experience at The Harvest was disappointing..Food was way overpriced and portions small..The table we were seated at was for four diners not five..will not return
- Pretty disappointingpedariusDined on 8/8/2014Had a group dinner there recently and had a disappointing experience overall. The food was fine, but we had over an hour between the starters and main course, with minimal attention from our server during that span. When the food arrived, it tasted fine but was five degrees above room temperature at best. No explanation or apology was volunteered, but when we complained about the delay they did discount the bill somewhat. The food was interesting and creative but I wouldn't return there.
- Harvest Rocks!PleasedDined on 8/8/2014It was a dreary rainy day, and my friend, who was celebrating her 92nd birthday said, "Let's wait for a sunnier day." I convinced her that having lunch out would make the day sunny, and I was right. We were seated at a lovely spot by the front window and treated like royalty. Server Meghann was a delight. She is knowledgeable and professional. If she couldn't answer a question, she went to the chef. My omnivore friend has likes and dislikes, and I'm a vegan, but we both found great choices. The food was absolutely scrumptious, and we'll be back to celebrate my birthday!Special Features:
- Evening StarterJoelWillieDined on 8/6/2014Perfect place to get your evening started, whether it's just two or twelve. Small, but feels larger. Locally sourced food is really neat aspect. Great draft beer list. Definately returning.Special Features:
- Client lunchbusinesswomanDined on 8/6/2014I took a client here for lunch, and we both enjoyed our meals thoroughly. I had the BLT special, and she had the hummus, which was served on bread. The servings were sizable, and the food was delicious. The service was great as well. A little pricey for lunch, but perfect for entertaining a client.Special Features:
- Great spot for lunchpedsrxDined on 8/6/2014Overall excellent experience and fantastic food. A bit limited on the menu for lunch but what they had was excellentSpecial Features:
- Bring this farm food to your fork!HappyNosherDined on 8/2/2014Creative and tasty foods not found in just any old restaurant. Chicken livers were the BEST I have ever had. Creative cocktails, and a good beer list.Special Features:
- Great food and bourbon selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/2/2014All four of us had delicious meals and it was the only place in Louisville that I found with the 23 year old Pappy Van Winkle in stock! Would definitely recommend for foodies. A nice find in a city that seems to be rebuilding itself.Special Features:
- Great foodBGSU85Dined on 7/26/2014This was my selection for birthday club and it was great. The food was fabulous and service exemplary. Great beer selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great foodRocketgirlVIPDined on 7/26/2014Our second time here and Harvest does not disappoint. It is all about the food and service. Both are superb. If you are hungry, this is the place for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced and food less than avgexperencedtravelerDined on 7/25/2014We had the bread board, the cheese board and BBQ board. All were very expensive for what little is on the board. Nothing unusual or even exception on the board. Favors were bland at best. The burger is 17.00 and came with asparagus that was way over cooked and floppy like over cooked spagetti. The buttermilk chicken was plated nicely, but the gravy was not smooth and had very little flavor. 3 adults and two children cost 160.00 with no alcohol. I will not recommend to friends or family. I have been to several resturants that cook from local farms and have had much better food. Extremely disappointed.I suspected that the sausage on our BBQ board had been frozen and reheated. The service was very slow and they were not at full capacity.
- Fabulous!deeSDined on 7/25/2014With Harvest sitting pretty in the middle of NuLu they couldn't ask for a better location. But without delicious food location means nothing. Harvest's food is absolutely delicious! The menu is not so large that it is overwhelming but they have just the right variety for all diners to be pleased. The specialty cocktail menu is always a delight! Harvest is one of my favorites and not to be missed!Special Features:
- HarvestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014We had heard great rhings about Harvest. It did not disappoint. 80% of food is purchased within 100 miles of Louisville. The owner stopped by our table to chat. We have fried chicken livers, the bread board appetizer, salads, burgers, and BBQ. ALL were delicious. Service was excellent. Noise level could get loud if the restaurant was full. Luckily it was a week night and an early dining hour. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious creative foodRKS612VIPDined on 7/23/2014Great visit. Loved the food and service. Beet gazpacho and cannoli were outstanding. It's noisy so be prepared to talk loudly with your guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The bestFranciscoDined on 7/20/2014Great bourbon list and outstanding food! A must try.Special Features:
- Brunch was awesomeEatNDrinkDined on 7/20/2014Local, organic, from farm to table style food with amazing cheeses and a good selection of mixed drinks and bourbon. One of the best brunches I have had. I recommend the croakie, my gf got the French toast and loved it. We also ordered 3 sides just try them and the potato salad was amazing if you like mustard based instead of mayo, the coleslaw was also great very unique and slightly sweet. The sausage was overcooked but had awesome flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014A great place for innovative and fresh food. We enjoyed delicious wine and excellent service; our food was really enjoyable and beautifully presented. The influence from regional farmers was heavy promoted - we'll be happy to dine at Harvest again.Special Features:
- Great dinnerCarolmwDined on 7/19/2014Dinner was great. Service was fast and friendly. I love that they use local food. Great experience.Special Features: