Harvest Kitchen & Lounge
33730 Bainbridge Road
Solon, OH 44139Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Harvest Kitchen & Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://harvestsolon.com/
- Phone: 4403496520x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Longo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant is available for private dining on Sunday and Mondays.
- Private Party Contact: Robert 4403496520x
A word from Harvest Kitchen & Lounge
Since its opening in March 2011 Harvest has been wowing customers with its creative New American Fare and its attentive, friendly service. Harvest is a chef driven restaurant that focuses on farm to table cooking. At Harvest we strive to provide the freshest and most creative product for our guests. We try to maintain a commitment to protect the environment by sourcing as many sustainable and local products as possible. For its when we take care of the land and sea, that we reap its "Harvest".Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Harvest Kitchen & Lounge - Best Restaurants in Solon ›
Harvest Kitchen & Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (54)neighborhood gem (46)special occasion (32)hot spot (15)good for groups (11)romantic (11)vibrant bar scene (11)notable wine list (11)great for outdoor dining (5)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014This a great Lille gem with a chef that bring to you local ingredance in not your everyday meal.Special Features:
- DisappointingiansaDined on 8/29/2014We arrived at 6:45 PM with reservations. A young female took us to a table that had two seats catty-corner to each other. There was a lot of cold air coming from a vent. I asked if we could have a table by a window, there were 5 unseated, and she said, "NO". they're reserved. I had to order something hot to drink, as I was freezing, where we were seated. By the time we left, approximately 1 1/2 hrs. later, no one had been seated at those tables. Very disappointing. Although we both enjoyed our meals, we will not go back there.
- Excellent MealelvisiskingDined on 8/22/2014Had an excellent meal here last Friday. Great food and great service. Many gluten-free options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Once-a-Week PlaceRobertVIPDined on 8/22/2014Even if you love to cook at home, Harvest Kitchen will make you happy to be out at least once a week, eating those "don't try this at home" dishes; duck confit and mushroom ravioli, duck fat fries or the bone marrow appetizer.Special Features:
- The bestCoolDiningDined on 8/21/2014I would take Harvest to be among the best of restaurants...and not just in Solon. On a special occasion, my 87 year old mother-in-law came along and is not a big fan of eating out. By the end of the meal at Harvest...her plate was clean and she was raving about the best meal she had ever had. Everyone had to laugh...and agree. The food was superb. The young waitress was kind, watched after everyone in the group and handled the old and the young in the room with grace. Nice job. Harvest is now our standard bearer!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- shellDined on 8/20/2014noise was not an issue, the service started good but when downhill- we waited over 15 minutes for cappuccinos to be delivered and they were cold once arrival, the meat was cooked more well done than requested on all of our entrees, the portions of the vegetable sides were puny.Special Features:
- Best in Solon!SGRAHAMDined on 8/19/2014This hidden gem of a restaurant offers an eclectic menu filled with seasonally fresh produce, meats and cheeses. The entire group was thrilled with their meals. We will continue to frequent this establishment with customers to make a HUGE impression!Special Features:
- Great Hidden GemLuv2sharedinneroutDined on 8/18/2014Off the beaten path this was a wonderful experience. Great ambience indoors or out. We ate out on the patio which is always a plus for us. The tuna appetizer was incredible as was the shrimp and grits. But the scallops and mushroom ravioli were even better yet. The service was attentive but not overpowering. Definitely will be returning again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ribs if you are really hungry !merlynmouseDined on 8/18/2014My husband and I went to this restaurant for the first time on Monday- From the moment that you are greeted at the door until you walk out after your meal you feel warmed and welcomed. Our waiter was knowledgeable about the food and offered us some insight into its preparation - We ordered salads for starters, the greens were crisp, the dressing was just right and the cheese was suitably crumbly. We each ordered the ribs - a whopping 2 pounds is in each order (doggie bag was required) They were well seasoned and tender to the bone very meaty and the sauce was a compliment rather than hiding the imperfections in the meat, The fries were rosemary and sea salt dusted. The steamed carrots were good (i was sorry this portion was tiny) ExcellentSpecial Features:
- Mixed performanceMikeshyDined on 8/15/20144 of went to the Harvest Kitchen & Lounge on Friday, August 15th. The restaurant was busy and lively. It was somewhat noisy and a little difficult to maintain conversations. Our service was excellent and the food was mixed. I asked our server, Robert, for help in choosing between three options and he recommended the salmon. I ordered it medium and it was overlooked and fishy tasting. I would never order it again. Our two ladies had the scallop feature and liked it very much, although the broccolini was bitter and overlooked. Our fourth person ordered the wild boar and enjoyed it very much. Overall, I was disappointed as we have had very nice lunches in the past.Special Features:
- Great menu - fantastic food!MJRinOHVIPDined on 8/2/2014Well, we were new to Harvest Kitchen, and all I can say is we will be back. The menu is varied and fantastic. It is vegan/vegetarian friendly. The food was fantastic. My wife and I ordered several appetizers and had a little "picnic" getting to taste a number of the Harvest Kitchen delicacies. Everything was served piping hot or chilled to perfection depending on the dish. We finished with a cheese plate for dessert - fantastic. Per the restaurant the menu changes seasonally and also along with fresh ingredients the staff are able to procure for the evenings specialties. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Still East Side's BestRobertVIPDined on 8/1/2014After more than 40 meals at my favorite spot, although not a "blackened" fan, I finally tried blackened Walleye. Fantastic. Perfectly seasoned and seared, served over sweet potato gnocchi. And always a new special or two on the menu. I can neither remember nor pronounce the fresh Hawaiian fish from last Friday, but it too was perfectly done. All by way of saying, if you are looking for fish prepared the way seafood should be, visit Harvest Kitchen. And the rest of the menu; duck, steaks, Texas boar, bone marrow appetizer, duck fat fries, pretty darn good, as well.Special Features:
- Amazing farm to table restaurant!BrinkcdVIPDined on 7/30/2014We visited Harvest while in town on business. They were able to accommodate out party of right quickly. I had a hard time deciding what to eat because the menu has so many good choices. First, the pierogi appetizer was yummy. I ordered the wild bake tenderloin for dinner which was delicious! The homemade cheesecake and bread pudding was the perfect end to a wonderful meal. I highly recommend this restaurant if you are a foodie!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/19/2014Good food and a great server. She was checking on us all through the dinner.Special Features:
- More than Worth the DriveRobertVIPDined on 7/12/2014Not many eateries in NE Ohio are worth a 30 or 40 minute drive. We go that far sometimes to dine in Ohio City or Tremont, maybe even Vermillion once a year. Fortunately for us Harvest Kitchen, with its innovative menu and local ingredients, is always a quality experience and less than ten minutes from home. Try tuna (Sashimi grade), the incredible short ribs or anything being served with red curry sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/5/2014Outstanding dinner experience! Stacey guided us to great selections and rounded out a totally enjoyable evening! Looking forward to coming back to try something else on the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service are top notchOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/3/2014Chris, our waiter, was one of the most exceptional waiters I have had. He was attentive, helpful, and really put in the effort to make our night special. The food was prepared with similar attention to detail with great flavor combinations and presentation.Special Features:
- What a find!TheGoodDoctorVIPDined on 6/28/2014This was our first visit to Harvest Kitchen & Lounge, and we will certainly be going back. We had a reservation for 2, and wanted to have a drink at the bar before dinner, and then decided to stay at the bar for dinner. Jason was our bartender and waiter, and did an outstanding job - he's knowledge, amiable, and enthusiastic. The food was fantastic, and I can particularly recommend the pork belly appetizer. Really outstanding, and it avoids the heavy fat that so many pork belly dishes focus on, yet at the same time is loaded with flavor. Kudos!Special Features:
- Very Good Food/Great ServiceTeacherdanVIPDined on 6/27/2014All of the pasta and fish dishes were ordered were very tasty and the waitress we had (Stacy) was excellent.
- Best soft shell crab anywhereRobertVIPDined on 6/25/2014The season is here and Harvest Kitchen's preparation of soft shell crab is second-to-none. Combined with a pair of sea scallops and mushroom ravioli, the perfectly sauteed crab is incredible.Special Features:
- Another great mealEmdoctorDined on 6/18/2014My brother and I went for dinner. Service was great! The oysters were very fresh. My wagyu burger with duck egg was terrific! The wine list has great wines by the glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUM!DecentDined on 6/13/2014I'm a fan! I think I eat here once a week. Never a bad meal. Wonderful!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/7/2014Exceptional food. One of the top restaurants in Cleveland.Special Features:
- Never betterRobertVIPDined on 6/5/2014Never had a Caesar salad in all the times we've been to HK. And haven't had the tuna in quite a long while. Both were fantastic. i'm not an anchovy fan, but whatever kind was in the Caesar? Awesome. Tuna was sushi grade and perfectly seared rare with black rice and curry broth.Special Features:
- Another Disappointing ML RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/31/2014Amateur effort from the kitchen. Shrimp & Grits appetizer was so salty, I literally could feel my heart beating heavily after finishing it. Conversely, both entrees (Pork Chop & Boar) were under-seasoned. We sent back my wife's porkchop. It literally had no flavor. The Boar was cooked well but again, had no flavor. It is a crime what they charge for the food as well as the drinks (even the NA selection). The one bright spot of the evening was the ice cream we had at Mitchells afterwards.
- Great DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/24/2014Food was great. Service was good. Will definitely go back. Best place in Solon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Harvest! One of My Faves!mariannDined on 5/23/2014Once again a wonderful meal! Baked Oysters, Sauteed Rapini, Fingerling Potatoes, Rocket Salad, (all gluten-free). My dining companion loved his Pork with Pasta. Best of all Harvest offers gluten-free beer options Bards, Glutenberg, Tweasonale, and Cider!Special Features:
- Great menu!NcypantzDined on 5/23/2014So many great things to choose from, but we particularly love that they label their items as gluten free, vegan, and vegetarian. Having food allergies makes eating out difficult, but having a great restaurant like this makes it a lot easier! I had the halibut with risotto and it was yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always innovativeRobertVIPDined on 5/17/2014Pork belly and Texas wild boar were added to the menu. Great entree and appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in Solon by farOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/15/2014This restaurant is gem for Solon compared to the revolving chains. It has a number of organic options. Fish is always wild. The appetizers and dinners are well thought out. The menu regularly changes. If you have not gone, you should.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 272 reviews are from the Harvest Kitchen & Lounge reviews archive.
- KP54VIPDined on 5/3/2014Three of our four entrees were delicious. The short ribs were a disappointment. Overall, the restaurant experience was quite nice and we are likely to return.
- Great Food & Serviceslow2spoolDined on 5/3/2014This was out 3rd time at Harvest. The food is excellent. They offer selections that you won't find at the average restaurant. Our food was well prepared and seasoned. The wait staff is friendly and accommodating. Love the Duck Fat Fries! The Farro Risitto is an excellent side dish. They have something for most tastes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaveVIPDined on 4/28/2014When we drove into the lot I had my doubts . it looked like a converted hardware store. We found out it was a converted coffee shop. The menu was a may. It's one that is hard to pick from. We did make a great pick. The food was outstanding. If were ever back in the area we will stop in again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overprices and dissappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014The food was too salty. The waitress was too friendly. She asked where we lived, which happened to be where she suppossedly lives. At the end of the meal she said that she would probably see me at 2 stores specifically in the town where we live. She was trying to increase her tip but she was very unprofessional. We were there to eat not to become her friend. One person at our table told the waitress that she had an allergy and asked for the steak to be prepared w/o seasoning. It was prepared w/seasonings, but corrected. The crab legs came without a small fork and a wet napkin. You could not taste the potato in the french fries because of the thick covering of salt. The meal was very over priced. We will not return.
- Our official favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/19/2014We've been to several of the best restaurants in Cleveland, but this is the one that tops the list for us. We love the seasonal menu, we love the freshness, we love the creativity.Special Features:
- cartyVIPDined on 4/19/2014Had a great meal at harvest! We started with broiled oysters and the stuffed hot peppers for appetizers and both were delicious. The Ribeye steak for dinner was cooked perfectly and the sides were great. We also had a scallop special that was great. Our waitress was very attentive and seemed to be waiting on the whole restaurant but never missed a beat. The menu has expanded since our last visit and has something for everyone. We can't wait to go back and try something else
- Yum!MariaVIPDined on 4/19/2014We ordered several appetizers and shared them - they were all delicious. I would make the cesar salad a salad thought....interesting presentation but hard to manage.Special Features:
- ExcellentCaroleDined on 4/12/2014This was our first experience at Harvest. The environment was vibrant and the service was excellent. We split a salad and ordered the walleye and short ribs. Both meals were outstanding. We will definitely be back more often.Special Features:
- Harvest is our new favorite!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/7/2014Harvest is our new favorite restaurant. This was our second time dining at Harvest and it was even better than the first. We started with a couple of bourbons from their drinks list. For our first course we shared the shrimp & grits and the house made Berkshire bacon. They were both amazing. For our entrees I had the heritage pork chop and my wife had the seared Hawaiian tuna. Both dishes were outstanding! Again they were able to accommodate my wife's gluten intolerance. Our server was very nice and helpful. We will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hostess put me down as no-show,dorisDined on 4/5/2014hostess put me down as no-show, triggering a 'please cancel next time'. NOT nice. Asked to be seated at window table and was told not possible due to computer 'assignment' though that table was not occupied for almost 1 and 1/2 hours. Server and food were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.