Harvest Kitchen & Lounge
33730 Bainbridge Road
Solon, OH 44139Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Harvest Kitchen & Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://harvestsolon.com/
- Phone: 4403496520x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Longo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant is available for private dining on Sunday and Mondays.
- Private Party Contact: Robert 4403496520x
A word from Harvest Kitchen & Lounge
Since its opening in March 2011 Harvest has been wowing customers with its creative New American Fare and its attentive, friendly service. Harvest is a chef driven restaurant that focuses on farm to table cooking. At Harvest we strive to provide the freshest and most creative product for our guests. We try to maintain a commitment to protect the environment by sourcing as many sustainable and local products as possible. For its when we take care of the land and sea, that we reap its "Harvest".Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Harvest Kitchen & Lounge - Best Restaurants in Solon ›
Harvest Kitchen & Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (61)neighborhood gem (52)special occasion (32)romantic (15)good for groups (15)notable wine list (13)hot spot (13)vibrant bar scene (9)great for outdoor dining (8)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- eaterVIPDined on 10/14/2014Great server, tasty food (although everyone commented on saltiness of everything!!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely EveningkenyongalVIPDined on 10/11/2014We love going to Harvest for its consistency - the food is always elegant and thoughtfully prepared. But what stood out for us when we last dined was the exceptional server, Stacey who made every table including our own feel special. What a wonderful rapport she has with people and what a consummate professional. She made the evening truly special for us!Special Features:
- great but saltytimchagrinDined on 10/10/2014Have eaten at harvest kitchen on a couple of occasions. Freindly service and good food. Last visit food was excellent but unusually salty. Wifes was the same. Almost sent food back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Take any PastaRobertVIPDined on 10/9/2014We've now tried almost every pasta on the menu. I can neither spell nor pronounce half of them, but go to HK and pick one, with duck confit, bolognaise, or vegetarian...or whatever the special with pSta is. You'll go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CleoDined on 10/4/2014The food and service were excellent! Small but lots of character and ambiance.Special Features:
- Food too salty for our tasteLudwikaVIPDined on 9/27/2014We eat out quite a bit during the year not only in the Cleveland area and suburbs but in other cities. We liked the idea of them using locally grown food. The appetuzer salads were good, though pricey for the size. However my husband's bone marrow appetizer was so salty he couldn't eat it and he sent it back and got a salad instead. We both got different blackened seafood dishes. Well prepared but, again, they were both too salty. I've never had to say to a restaurant to hold the salt...but if we ever went back to Harvest Kitchen, we'd definitely have to say that. We didn't even stay for coffee and dessert. I will say that our bottle of Vouvray was excellent, though. I'm sorry I can't give this restaurant a better review.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The service was personal and with very good speed. Stacey was wonderful! Great food options and fantastic drinks. This was my first time I had dinner at Harvest. The bar is also highly recommened if you want a drink and a small dinner or apetizer. Great find.Special Features:
- Great dinnerroadwarriorDined on 9/26/2014Loved the restaurant, drinks and most of the food. My main course was sea scallops and had a overly salty, garlic breadcrumb mixture that totally overpowered the scallop. Otherwise, all was good!Special Features:
- Try the daily specialRobertVIPDined on 9/25/2014After dining at Harvest Kitchen for several years, we finally tried the Thursday Special, Pork Milanese. Fantastic, seasoned and pan fried, with just the right amount of pasta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great special occasion placeDoc832Dined on 9/19/2014We had a wonderful time and the food was good. Wine was pricey for the choices. Quantity of food was somewhat lame. Quality was excellent as was service. We thought it funny they ran out of bread when we asked. Nice place for special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemfoodgirlDined on 9/17/2014I was on a business trip and a friend recommended this farm to table restaurant. It is off the beaten path, but what a great find. We ate there two nights in a row. The fries that are fried in duck fat with delicious herbs was utterly delicious paired with a glass of Malbec. My friend and I split to dishes, so we could expand our horizons. The food was amazing. The service was great. The only issue with this restaurant is the mood lighting, it is simply too dark. I had to use the flashlight on my phone to see what I was eating.Special Features:
- Not a lot of vegetarian optionsOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/13/2014We use to love to come to this restaurant because there was a variety of vegetarian selections, not anymore. Very disappointing.
- Still the Most InnovativeRobertVIPDined on 9/12/2014We've said it before, duck fat fries, bone marrow appetizer, squid ink pasta...don't try these at home! Go to HK and let them surprise you. And...they always have what is arguably the best veggie burger on the planet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & great beer selectionJarrabaldyDined on 9/9/2014Have eaten here several times and food, service and ambience have always been great. Staff are very knowledgable about the food an drinks selection they have available.Special Features:
- StephanieStephDined on 9/6/2014Consistently one of the best resturants around! Love the food, hidden gem that you can guarantee you will leave making a reservation again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently very goodEMSinCLEDined on 9/5/2014A menu that changes with the seasons, using a large number of locally-sourced food items, all very well prepared. Nice beer & wine selection. Not inexpensive, but quality all the way.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/4/2014Food was excellent...interesting menu. Service also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014This a great Lille gem with a chef that bring to you local ingredance in not your everyday meal.Special Features:
- DisappointingiansaDined on 8/29/2014We arrived at 6:45 PM with reservations. A young female took us to a table that had two seats catty-corner to each other. There was a lot of cold air coming from a vent. I asked if we could have a table by a window, there were 5 unseated, and she said, "NO". they're reserved. I had to order something hot to drink, as I was freezing, where we were seated. By the time we left, approximately 1 1/2 hrs. later, no one had been seated at those tables. Very disappointing. Although we both enjoyed our meals, we will not go back there.
- Excellent MealelvisiskingDined on 8/22/2014Had an excellent meal here last Friday. Great food and great service. Many gluten-free options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Once-a-Week PlaceRobertVIPDined on 8/22/2014Even if you love to cook at home, Harvest Kitchen will make you happy to be out at least once a week, eating those "don't try this at home" dishes; duck confit and mushroom ravioli, duck fat fries or the bone marrow appetizer.Special Features:
- Dinner for TwoKathyBDined on 8/21/2014My husband and I just happened on the Harvest Kitchen--what a treat--in fact we tried to get reservations a few days later, but found that they were closed that night! And we don't normally do that. Food was outstanding, and when a noisy couple near us became overpowering, they accommodated our request to be re-located. Wish this restaurant was in our neck of the woods. We'd be regulars.Special Features:
- The bestCoolDiningDined on 8/21/2014I would take Harvest to be among the best of restaurants...and not just in Solon. On a special occasion, my 87 year old mother-in-law came along and is not a big fan of eating out. By the end of the meal at Harvest...her plate was clean and she was raving about the best meal she had ever had. Everyone had to laugh...and agree. The food was superb. The young waitress was kind, watched after everyone in the group and handled the old and the young in the room with grace. Nice job. Harvest is now our standard bearer!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- shellDined on 8/20/2014noise was not an issue, the service started good but when downhill- we waited over 15 minutes for cappuccinos to be delivered and they were cold once arrival, the meat was cooked more well done than requested on all of our entrees, the portions of the vegetable sides were puny.Special Features:
- Best in Solon!SGRAHAMDined on 8/19/2014This hidden gem of a restaurant offers an eclectic menu filled with seasonally fresh produce, meats and cheeses. The entire group was thrilled with their meals. We will continue to frequent this establishment with customers to make a HUGE impression!Special Features:
- Great Hidden GemLuv2sharedinneroutVIPDined on 8/18/2014Off the beaten path this was a wonderful experience. Great ambience indoors or out. We ate out on the patio which is always a plus for us. The tuna appetizer was incredible as was the shrimp and grits. But the scallops and mushroom ravioli were even better yet. The service was attentive but not overpowering. Definitely will be returning again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ribs if you are really hungry !merlynmouseVIPDined on 8/18/2014My husband and I went to this restaurant for the first time on Monday- From the moment that you are greeted at the door until you walk out after your meal you feel warmed and welcomed. Our waiter was knowledgeable about the food and offered us some insight into its preparation - We ordered salads for starters, the greens were crisp, the dressing was just right and the cheese was suitably crumbly. We each ordered the ribs - a whopping 2 pounds is in each order (doggie bag was required) They were well seasoned and tender to the bone very meaty and the sauce was a compliment rather than hiding the imperfections in the meat, The fries were rosemary and sea salt dusted. The steamed carrots were good (i was sorry this portion was tiny) ExcellentSpecial Features:
- Mixed performanceMikeshyDined on 8/15/20144 of went to the Harvest Kitchen & Lounge on Friday, August 15th. The restaurant was busy and lively. It was somewhat noisy and a little difficult to maintain conversations. Our service was excellent and the food was mixed. I asked our server, Robert, for help in choosing between three options and he recommended the salmon. I ordered it medium and it was overlooked and fishy tasting. I would never order it again. Our two ladies had the scallop feature and liked it very much, although the broccolini was bitter and overlooked. Our fourth person ordered the wild boar and enjoyed it very much. Overall, I was disappointed as we have had very nice lunches in the past.Special Features:
- Great menu - fantastic food!MJRinOHVIPDined on 8/2/2014Well, we were new to Harvest Kitchen, and all I can say is we will be back. The menu is varied and fantastic. It is vegan/vegetarian friendly. The food was fantastic. My wife and I ordered several appetizers and had a little "picnic" getting to taste a number of the Harvest Kitchen delicacies. Everything was served piping hot or chilled to perfection depending on the dish. We finished with a cheese plate for dessert - fantastic. Per the restaurant the menu changes seasonally and also along with fresh ingredients the staff are able to procure for the evenings specialties. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Still East Side's BestRobertVIPDined on 8/1/2014After more than 40 meals at my favorite spot, although not a "blackened" fan, I finally tried blackened Walleye. Fantastic. Perfectly seasoned and seared, served over sweet potato gnocchi. And always a new special or two on the menu. I can neither remember nor pronounce the fresh Hawaiian fish from last Friday, but it too was perfectly done. All by way of saying, if you are looking for fish prepared the way seafood should be, visit Harvest Kitchen. And the rest of the menu; duck, steaks, Texas boar, bone marrow appetizer, duck fat fries, pretty darn good, as well.Special Features:
- Amazing farm to table restaurant!BrinkcdVIPDined on 7/30/2014We visited Harvest while in town on business. They were able to accommodate out party of right quickly. I had a hard time deciding what to eat because the menu has so many good choices. First, the pierogi appetizer was yummy. I ordered the wild bake tenderloin for dinner which was delicious! The homemade cheesecake and bread pudding was the perfect end to a wonderful meal. I highly recommend this restaurant if you are a foodie!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/19/2014Good food and a great server. She was checking on us all through the dinner.Special Features:
- More than Worth the DriveRobertVIPDined on 7/12/2014Not many eateries in NE Ohio are worth a 30 or 40 minute drive. We go that far sometimes to dine in Ohio City or Tremont, maybe even Vermillion once a year. Fortunately for us Harvest Kitchen, with its innovative menu and local ingredients, is always a quality experience and less than ten minutes from home. Try tuna (Sashimi grade), the incredible short ribs or anything being served with red curry sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/5/2014Outstanding dinner experience! Stacey guided us to great selections and rounded out a totally enjoyable evening! Looking forward to coming back to try something else on the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service are top notchOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/3/2014Chris, our waiter, was one of the most exceptional waiters I have had. He was attentive, helpful, and really put in the effort to make our night special. The food was prepared with similar attention to detail with great flavor combinations and presentation.Special Features:
- What a find!TheGoodDoctorVIPDined on 6/28/2014This was our first visit to Harvest Kitchen & Lounge, and we will certainly be going back. We had a reservation for 2, and wanted to have a drink at the bar before dinner, and then decided to stay at the bar for dinner. Jason was our bartender and waiter, and did an outstanding job - he's knowledge, amiable, and enthusiastic. The food was fantastic, and I can particularly recommend the pork belly appetizer. Really outstanding, and it avoids the heavy fat that so many pork belly dishes focus on, yet at the same time is loaded with flavor. Kudos!Special Features:
- Very Good Food/Great ServiceTeacherdanVIPDined on 6/27/2014All of the pasta and fish dishes were ordered were very tasty and the waitress we had (Stacy) was excellent.
- Best soft shell crab anywhereRobertVIPDined on 6/25/2014The season is here and Harvest Kitchen's preparation of soft shell crab is second-to-none. Combined with a pair of sea scallops and mushroom ravioli, the perfectly sauteed crab is incredible.Special Features:
- The following 282 reviews are from the Harvest Kitchen & Lounge reviews archive.
- Another great mealEmdoctorDined on 6/18/2014My brother and I went for dinner. Service was great! The oysters were very fresh. My wagyu burger with duck egg was terrific! The wine list has great wines by the glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUM!DecentDined on 6/13/2014I'm a fan! I think I eat here once a week. Never a bad meal. Wonderful!Special Features: