Harvest Kitchen & Lounge
33730 Bainbridge Road
Solon, OH 44139Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Harvest Kitchen & Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://harvestsolon.com/
- Phone: (440) 349-6520
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Longo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant is available for private dining on Sunday and Mondays.
- Private Party Contact: Robert 4403496520x
A word from Harvest Kitchen & Lounge
Since its opening in March 2011 Harvest has been wowing customers with its creative New American Fare and its attentive, friendly service. Harvest is a chef driven restaurant that focuses on farm to table cooking. At Harvest we strive to provide the freshest and most creative product for our guests. We try to maintain a commitment to protect the environment by sourcing as many sustainable and local products as possible. For its when we take care of the land and sea, that we reap its "Harvest".Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Harvest Kitchen & Lounge - Best Restaurants in Solon ›
Harvest Kitchen & Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
100 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (76)neighborhood gem (68)special occasion (40)good for groups (20)notable wine list (19)hot spot (18)romantic (18)great for outdoor dining (10)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (4)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Always InnovativeRobertVIPDined on 11/22/2014Despite still not having any soup on the Fall Menu, Harvest Kitchen manages to have innovative specials and a solid selection of standards. The skatewing special was new. Capers topped the perfectly sauteed fish, served over a smsll bed of mashers and a side of roasted broccoli. The new flabread appetizers are likewise a repeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodfanoffoodDined on 11/10/2014Our party of three enjoyed a wonderful meal at Harvest. Especially memorable was the Wild Boar Tenderloin and the Pumpkin Cheesecake. My husband was thrilled to have a choice of 5 gluten-free beers and to have the GF items marked on the menu. My friend and I each enjoyed one of the fun specialty cocktails. Every plate went back to the kitchen completely clean! And we accidentally lingered beyond the closing time without a single nudge or raised eyebrow from the staff. The service was very pleasant throughout our time there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JJT57Dined on 11/10/2014I have been at the Harvest Kitchen many times and each time I go, the food is absolutely delicious. Mike the Chef/Owner of Harvest Kitchen, is always around to greet and let customers know about the latest offerings. Last week Mike suggested a Wagyu Flap Steak for me - that the service personnel said was butterery soft and delicious. Well...I thought I had my mind made up for the short rib but changed it after Mike's suggestion. Best decision ever, the meat was perfectly cooked to medium rare, seasoned beautifully with a Parmesan/Tomato based Risotto and stuffed ravioli. OMG!! This place is special with the food being way above average. Being a foodie myself and working for the largest food manufacturer in the world, allows me to indulge in some great recipes, but that meal last week was probably one of my top 5 ever. Congrats to Mike's Harvest Kitchen and the city of Solon for having such a diverse restaurant experience where the food is consistently good. Thanks, John J Trigilio JrSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food ever!CoopDined on 11/7/2014I love this place, we found it by reference through a client of my husband. We were hooked from the 1st visit, we try to go there at least 1 time a month.Special Features:
- Creative, fresh & flavorfulsmehalkoVIPDined on 11/1/2014My wife and I have been coming to Harvest for over a year now. Mike may not be the prototypical gregarious & charismatic chef-owner that one would usually find at a higher end restaurant, the bottom line is that the guy can cook! Food is always consistent, creative & extremely flavorful -- without question, one of the top five restaurants in Cleveland/East Side that we've experienced. The service is also top-notch, with a tenured bar and wait staff that are always warm, attentive, and knowledgeable. Oh yea, the dessert selections are RIDICULOUS -- worth the trip alone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice neighborhood gemTiernasligoDined on 11/1/2014This was our first time at this restaurant. It is decorated nicely and with nice lighting for dining. We were placed at a table by the window and although there was a bit of draft, we were content. The waitress was attentive and friendly and offered suggestions and advice on the menu and beer selection. My wife ordered the ravioli and I ordered a ribeye steak. The chef was very accommodating to a slight deviation from the menu. The food was delicious and prepared to order. Overall, we were quite pleased with our experience and will return soon.
- Good food, Long WaitDisappointedDined on 10/25/2014Our meals were good but the service was poor. On a busy Saturday night, it seemed like the restaurant was short-staffed (our server denied that). From the time of our reservation, we waited over an hour and 15 minutes before we received any food--20 minutes to even put in a drink order. Our server disappeared for long periods of time and did not refill water. Even when we walked in, the greeting (from I presume the owner--most receiving staff wouldn't wear pajama pants) was disinterested; On the way out, we received no "thanks, come again" because he was making a police report with an officer. Not sure that I would go back.Special Features:
- Not run of the mill..jestorkVIPDined on 10/25/2014Fresh ingredients, always interesting. Not generally your standard fare. Menu choices often a little different, so sometimes will have a miss - but well prepared, and always interesting to the palate. We keep coming back...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good outweighs badDonnaDined on 10/25/2014We appreciated the menu, drink selection, pretty atmosphere and at first, the attentive, upbeat service. Everything came out super-fast and hot. Drinks served in chilled glasses, etc. We had an appetizer course which was very good, but wanted to take a little time before deciding on the next course. The server came around quite frequently to find out if we had decided, and after the third time, stated "I need to turn over this table, but you still have a little time". Well, then we became self-conscious about the time, felt rushed and hurried to decide what to order, and eat and leave. I wish I had been bold enough to have asked for the check right when the server told me about our time limit, but I wasn't angry, just a little annoyedSpecial Features:
- InterestingclutchVIPDined on 10/21/2014The food was interesting. Portions were too large. Service was very good.Special Features:
- Great food!luv2dineclevelandDined on 10/18/2014The food was great -- very flavorful. Serving sizes were optimal. There was a nice selection of entrees. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- eaterVIPDined on 10/14/2014Great server, tasty food (although everyone commented on saltiness of everything!!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely EveningkenyongalVIPDined on 10/11/2014We love going to Harvest for its consistency - the food is always elegant and thoughtfully prepared. But what stood out for us when we last dined was the exceptional server, Stacey who made every table including our own feel special. What a wonderful rapport she has with people and what a consummate professional. She made the evening truly special for us!Special Features:
- great but saltytimchagrinDined on 10/10/2014Have eaten at harvest kitchen on a couple of occasions. Freindly service and good food. Last visit food was excellent but unusually salty. Wifes was the same. Almost sent food back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Take any PastaRobertVIPDined on 10/9/2014We've now tried almost every pasta on the menu. I can neither spell nor pronounce half of them, but go to HK and pick one, with duck confit, bolognaise, or vegetarian...or whatever the special with pSta is. You'll go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CleoDined on 10/4/2014The food and service were excellent! Small but lots of character and ambiance.Special Features:
- Food too salty for our tasteLudwikaVIPDined on 9/27/2014We eat out quite a bit during the year not only in the Cleveland area and suburbs but in other cities. We liked the idea of them using locally grown food. The appetuzer salads were good, though pricey for the size. However my husband's bone marrow appetizer was so salty he couldn't eat it and he sent it back and got a salad instead. We both got different blackened seafood dishes. Well prepared but, again, they were both too salty. I've never had to say to a restaurant to hold the salt...but if we ever went back to Harvest Kitchen, we'd definitely have to say that. We didn't even stay for coffee and dessert. I will say that our bottle of Vouvray was excellent, though. I'm sorry I can't give this restaurant a better review.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The service was personal and with very good speed. Stacey was wonderful! Great food options and fantastic drinks. This was my first time I had dinner at Harvest. The bar is also highly recommened if you want a drink and a small dinner or apetizer. Great find.Special Features:
- Great dinnerroadwarriorDined on 9/26/2014Loved the restaurant, drinks and most of the food. My main course was sea scallops and had a overly salty, garlic breadcrumb mixture that totally overpowered the scallop. Otherwise, all was good!Special Features:
- Try the daily specialRobertVIPDined on 9/25/2014After dining at Harvest Kitchen for several years, we finally tried the Thursday Special, Pork Milanese. Fantastic, seasoned and pan fried, with just the right amount of pasta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great special occasion placeDoc832Dined on 9/19/2014We had a wonderful time and the food was good. Wine was pricey for the choices. Quantity of food was somewhat lame. Quality was excellent as was service. We thought it funny they ran out of bread when we asked. Nice place for special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemfoodgirlDined on 9/17/2014I was on a business trip and a friend recommended this farm to table restaurant. It is off the beaten path, but what a great find. We ate there two nights in a row. The fries that are fried in duck fat with delicious herbs was utterly delicious paired with a glass of Malbec. My friend and I split to dishes, so we could expand our horizons. The food was amazing. The service was great. The only issue with this restaurant is the mood lighting, it is simply too dark. I had to use the flashlight on my phone to see what I was eating.Special Features:
- Not a lot of vegetarian optionsOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/13/2014We use to love to come to this restaurant because there was a variety of vegetarian selections, not anymore. Very disappointing.
- Still the Most InnovativeRobertVIPDined on 9/12/2014We've said it before, duck fat fries, bone marrow appetizer, squid ink pasta...don't try these at home! Go to HK and let them surprise you. And...they always have what is arguably the best veggie burger on the planet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & great beer selectionJarrabaldyDined on 9/9/2014Have eaten here several times and food, service and ambience have always been great. Staff are very knowledgable about the food an drinks selection they have available.Special Features:
- StephanieStephDined on 9/6/2014Consistently one of the best resturants around! Love the food, hidden gem that you can guarantee you will leave making a reservation again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently very goodEMSinCLEDined on 9/5/2014A menu that changes with the seasons, using a large number of locally-sourced food items, all very well prepared. Nice beer & wine selection. Not inexpensive, but quality all the way.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/4/2014Food was excellent...interesting menu. Service also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014This a great Lille gem with a chef that bring to you local ingredance in not your everyday meal.Special Features:
- DisappointingiansaDined on 8/29/2014We arrived at 6:45 PM with reservations. A young female took us to a table that had two seats catty-corner to each other. There was a lot of cold air coming from a vent. I asked if we could have a table by a window, there were 5 unseated, and she said, "NO". they're reserved. I had to order something hot to drink, as I was freezing, where we were seated. By the time we left, approximately 1 1/2 hrs. later, no one had been seated at those tables. Very disappointing. Although we both enjoyed our meals, we will not go back there.
- Excellent MealelvisiskingDined on 8/22/2014Had an excellent meal here last Friday. Great food and great service. Many gluten-free options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Once-a-Week PlaceRobertVIPDined on 8/22/2014Even if you love to cook at home, Harvest Kitchen will make you happy to be out at least once a week, eating those "don't try this at home" dishes; duck confit and mushroom ravioli, duck fat fries or the bone marrow appetizer.Special Features:
- Dinner for TwoKathyBDined on 8/21/2014My husband and I just happened on the Harvest Kitchen--what a treat--in fact we tried to get reservations a few days later, but found that they were closed that night! And we don't normally do that. Food was outstanding, and when a noisy couple near us became overpowering, they accommodated our request to be re-located. Wish this restaurant was in our neck of the woods. We'd be regulars.Special Features:
- The bestCoolDiningDined on 8/21/2014I would take Harvest to be among the best of restaurants...and not just in Solon. On a special occasion, my 87 year old mother-in-law came along and is not a big fan of eating out. By the end of the meal at Harvest...her plate was clean and she was raving about the best meal she had ever had. Everyone had to laugh...and agree. The food was superb. The young waitress was kind, watched after everyone in the group and handled the old and the young in the room with grace. Nice job. Harvest is now our standard bearer!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- shellDined on 8/20/2014noise was not an issue, the service started good but when downhill- we waited over 15 minutes for cappuccinos to be delivered and they were cold once arrival, the meat was cooked more well done than requested on all of our entrees, the portions of the vegetable sides were puny.Special Features:
- Best in Solon!SGRAHAMDined on 8/19/2014This hidden gem of a restaurant offers an eclectic menu filled with seasonally fresh produce, meats and cheeses. The entire group was thrilled with their meals. We will continue to frequent this establishment with customers to make a HUGE impression!Special Features:
- Great Hidden GemLuv2sharedinneroutVIPDined on 8/18/2014Off the beaten path this was a wonderful experience. Great ambience indoors or out. We ate out on the patio which is always a plus for us. The tuna appetizer was incredible as was the shrimp and grits. But the scallops and mushroom ravioli were even better yet. The service was attentive but not overpowering. Definitely will be returning again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ribs if you are really hungry !merlynmouseVIPDined on 8/18/2014My husband and I went to this restaurant for the first time on Monday- From the moment that you are greeted at the door until you walk out after your meal you feel warmed and welcomed. Our waiter was knowledgeable about the food and offered us some insight into its preparation - We ordered salads for starters, the greens were crisp, the dressing was just right and the cheese was suitably crumbly. We each ordered the ribs - a whopping 2 pounds is in each order (doggie bag was required) They were well seasoned and tender to the bone very meaty and the sauce was a compliment rather than hiding the imperfections in the meat, The fries were rosemary and sea salt dusted. The steamed carrots were good (i was sorry this portion was tiny) ExcellentSpecial Features:
- Mixed performanceMikeshyDined on 8/15/20144 of went to the Harvest Kitchen & Lounge on Friday, August 15th. The restaurant was busy and lively. It was somewhat noisy and a little difficult to maintain conversations. Our service was excellent and the food was mixed. I asked our server, Robert, for help in choosing between three options and he recommended the salmon. I ordered it medium and it was overlooked and fishy tasting. I would never order it again. Our two ladies had the scallop feature and liked it very much, although the broccolini was bitter and overlooked. Our fourth person ordered the wild boar and enjoyed it very much. Overall, I was disappointed as we have had very nice lunches in the past.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/8/2014Will never eat here again. Owner was so rude and disrespectful. Have never been treated or talked so rudely by anyone. Please don't support this restaurant!